XY OU Balanced team - Peaked #1 on SD (2073) and PO

Tele

a quality human being

Introduction
Hello, my name on the smogon server is tele shiny (although i have many other alts) and I'm the creator of this well-known balanced team; I have been playing pokemon since 1gen (with pokemon Blue) but played competitive only since last October, which means at the very beginning of XY: can't deny it has been very difficult for me to learn the meta because of the incredible number of new pokes released these last years and for my inexperience with competitive battling; I spent a long time reading the BW analysis on smogon, which helped me a lot to understand how a team building process should look like. The team was built toward the end of December 2013 and hasnt undergone many changes since that moment; I laddered a lot with it and probably made it widely popular among the other ladder players; I also took part in 2 xy ou Smogon Touraments in March, but couldn't achieve more than a 1/4 finals. In fact the majority of successes I achieved with this team came from the xy Showdown ladder, where I recently obtained a notable peak (screen) of 2047, and a few days later in the Pokemon Online ladder -which is currently undergoing a suspect on genesect- (screen).

Overall I consider this team very solid in the xy meta and able to give you many good match-ups against a lot of various playstyles.

Edit #1: Peaked again #1 on Pokemon Showdown ladder with a rating of 2073 Elo (screen) on July 15th 2014.

Edit #2: Won Cycle 1 of the Official Ladder Tournament on September 16th 2014 (
link).

Team Building Process
The team building process has been incredibly (and unexpectedly) very fast, as it took me only 2 days to pick the 6 pokes and their set (which pratically remained the same through the months, with some exceptions).

As I built this team in the Mega-Lucario and Genesect era, I was much influenced by the presence of these 2 major threats: so I decided to start with Heatran, which was (and still is) by far the only check for Genesect.

Then I added Mega-Scizor as this core works pretty well together (and secondly because he is my favourite mega).

Thanks to my coverage against steel type I opted for MG Clefable using him as status absrber.

Slowbro has been my next choice because I needed a physical resistor other than M-Scizor and because of his incredible ability, which can be really helpfull in the mid-game.

Since I had no resist to ground moves and lacking a defogger, Latios has been the logical choice for this spot.

And last but not least, Terrakion has been my choice for the 6th spot because I needed a revenge killer that could kill stuff like Charizard-Mega X, Pinsir-M, Thundurus and other major threats.

Team Overview

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

I often use him as a lead to set rocks, and thanks to his great typing and defenses its easy to switch in it and stop something. Protect is a great scouting move and give him free turns of leftovers recovery; Toxic allows Heatran to deal with bulky pokemon and to wall many common defoggers, such as Zapdos, Mandibuzz and the 2 Latios; furthermore it has great sinergy with Lava Plume, the only stab move on this set, with a very helpful 30% chance to burn the target.

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The great thing about this set is the defense investment, that makes Mega Scizor even more bulkier than it is normally, giving him a lot of free opportunities to set up and to easily sweep teams. Knock off allows him to punish common switch-ins such as Heatran, Rotom-W, Keldeo and Gliscor. Heatran and Clefable can take care of checks like Mandibuzz and Skarmory, which otherwise would easily wear down Scizor. SD Scizor has also a great answer to hyperoffensive Deo-Sharp, as it can prevent Deoxys from setting hazards or use him as set up fodder. Some calcs:

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 105-124 (30.7 - 36.2%) -- 54.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 102-120 (29.8 - 35%) -- 14.1% chance to 3HKO

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Clefable is my 1st check for many things, (LO Thundurus and LO Greninja are just some examples), can take care of some very annoying mons like Rotom-W or Ferrothorn and can cripple common switch-ins, such as Mega-Mawile, Excadrill, Bisharp or Mega Scizor; after 1 single Calm Mind it can take hits as powerful as a Fire Blast from Charizard Mega-Y, and becomes able to sweep teams just like Mega Scizor does. Clefable's great sinergy with Slowbro is probably one of the key of this team's success, as Slowbro gives great coverage against steel types and powerful physical sweepers; last but not least Clefable plays an important role as a status absorber, especially against stall teams, and together with Slowbro it becomes a really hard task for anybody to break that core. Calcs which are important to know:

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
Slowbro is probably the most important poke in the team because of his great physical bulk, which makes him very underreated in the ou tier. His great defense stat allows him to wear down some of the major threat, just like Mega Pinsir, Mega Medicham, Mega Gyarados, Banded/SD Talonflame, Charizard Mega-X, Garchomp and Tyranitar; Slowbro can also take advantage of Regenerator's passive healing through double switching so that it can be preserved for later; his status moves play a great role as they weaken the opponent's team and prepare the field for my 2 unexpected scarfers, Latios and Terrakion.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick

- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

With this set Latios becomes by far the fastest mon in the metagame, as it can easily outspeed Deoxys-s and every boosting sweeper. Dmeteor is the attack often most used when revenging, while Psyschock takes care of threats like Mega Venusaur, Gengar and the fairies who switch in on Latios. The Trick is a good way to get rid of walls like Blissey or Chansey, creating big holes in the opponent's team.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

As for Latios, Terrakion's primary role is to enter in the late-game and to finish off the work. Stone Edge and Close Combat are the 2 powerful STAB moves, which offer a great coverage; Earthquake is Terrakion's only way of checking Aegislash, while X-Scissors lets Terrakion check Latios, Latias, Alakazam, Starmie and Celebi, which Terrakion can outspeed thanks to the Scarf. Finally to make sure that Terrakion and Latios can sweep, it's very important that rocks are on the field and that all the possible checks have been weakned to the point I can sweep with only one move.

Threat List:
Crawdaunt: This mon really hurts me; I usually go to Scizor who can knock off his Band/Orb, while Latios and Terrakion can rkill him.
Heracross-Mega: Scizor can switch in and take the hit, while clefable is the only poke who can win the 1v1, but i usually need to sacrifice 1 poke to get rid of him.
Landorus: Lando can be a big problem for my team, especially if Latios is gone (some run mixed landorus with Epower+Knock off which can KO my Latios on the switch); as for Mega Hera I could be obliged to sacrifice 1 poke to kill him.
Diggersby: Slowbro can scald him, Scizor can bpunch him, while latios and terrakion can revengekill him; but still he can be very dangerous if I give him 1 turn to dance.
Mawile-Mega: If it has the Sub-Focus Punch set, i usually go to Slowbro who can who can switch in safely on the Play Rough/Focus punch hit, while Heatran is the normal check for the SD set, as he can take a +2 S-Punch and kill with lava.
(252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

Aegislash: Scizor / Heatran / Clefable can manage to deal with him.
Pinsir-Mega: Slowbro can take a return at +2, paralyzing it on the same turn and then switching to heatran who kills it with lava plume; Terrakion or Latios can rkill him as well, but they need full life to survive a quick attack at +2.
(+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO)

Bisharp: Slowbro can take a Knock off from LO bisharp, paralyzing it on the same turn and then switching to Scizor mega who can set up on him.
Magnezone: It can give me troubles especially if it's specs as it hits hard my heatran.
Charizard-Mega X: Slowbro can twave him, Latios or Terrakion can rkill him after 1 dance (Latios can rkill even after 2 DD if it's adamant).
Charizard-Mega Y: Heatran with toxic+protect+sr, Clefable after 2 calm minds, Latios.
Talonflame: Slowbro with Scald, Heatran with toxic stall+sr.
(252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 159-187 (40.3 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery)

Latwins: Heatran toxic stall, Clefable.
(252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 179-212 (45.4 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery)

Scizor-Mega: My scizor has good chances to win the 1v1, while Slowbro can scald/twave even after a dance and clefable can kill him with flamethwoer surviving the bpunch damage.
Greninja: Clefable can take care of him, Latios or Terra can rkill him.
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Gliscor: The taunt-Knock off set is really annoying, as clefable and Scizor cant do very much; all I can do is to pp-stall him with slowbro and clefa.
Gyarados-Mega: Slowbro can scald/twave him, Latios or Terrakion can rkill him after a dance (Latios can kill even after 2 DD if it's adamant). Problems begin if he has the substitute set: in this case sr should help a little, but the risk to be wrecked is very high at this point.
Thundurus: Clefable can take care of him, Latios and Terrakion can rkill, Heatran can stall him with toxic/protect/lava plume
(252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery)
Breloom: Scizor can use breloom as set up fodder, while Latios and Clefable can OHKO him; Clefable also checks perfectly the subpunch/leech seed set.
Dragonite: Slowbro can take care of both Banded Dnite and DD Dnite; eventually Latios or Terrakion can rkill after 1 dance (latios can rkill even after 2 dances)
Azumarill: Scizor and Slowbro can eat up the banded set, while I have to pay attention to the Bdrum set, as it can potentially wreck my team; sometimes I have to sacrifice Latios or Scizor to get rid of him.
(+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 191-225 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
MG Clefable: Trick Latios, Bpunch Scizor + stone edge Terrakion, 1v1 with Clefable
Unaware Clefable: Toxic Heatran
Gardevoir-Mega: Heatran toxic stall, revenge kill with Scizor or Terrkion
Kabutops: Slowbro can paralyze/scald him, Scizor can rkill him
Kingdra: I have to predict correctly if he is going to hpump or to dmeteor; Slowbro can twave him
Rotom-W: It can be a little annoying, especially in volt-turn teams, but clefable can take care of him and Heatran can toxic stall him as second option
Gothitelle:
Not much I can do against this; usually I set the rocks and I try to make him accumulate the sr damage and to kill him on the switch once he gets in range of a lavaplume/moonblast, but it doesnt work that much lol
Excadrill: Slowbro can scald, Scizor-M can use him as set up fodder, Terrakion can rkill
Landorus-T: Slowbro can scald, Scizor-M can use him as set up fodder
Kyurem-B: Scizor-M can use him as set up fodder, Terrakion or Latios can rkill
Mamoswine: Slowbro can scald him, Scizor-M can use him as set up fodder
Manetric-Mega: Heatran/Clefable, Latios and Terrakion can both rkill
Medicham-Mega: Slowbro
Scizor: Scizor-Mega
Conkeldurr: Scizor-Mega eats him up, Cefable too, Slowbro as last option
Suicune: Trick Latios as first option, 1v1 with cm clefable hoping for a lucky crit as 2nd option; last option is to switch to Terrakion while he is resting and hoping to hit 3 close combat in a row without being scalded.
Manaphy: Dmeteor Latios + Close Combat Terrakion and I get rid of him; I can also trick him.
Keldeo: Slowbro completely walls him, Clefable can wall only Scald Specs Keldeo, not the Hydropump.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 161-190 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Terrakion: Everybody except tran
Tyranitar: Slowbro can scald and burn, Terrakion can rkill, Sczor-M can rkill
Tyranitar-Mega: Slowbro can scald, Terrakion and Zor can rkill
Volcarona: Toxic stall with tran, Terrakion and Latios can rkill after 1 quiver dance
Heatran: Slowbro/Clefable/knock off Zor
Chansey: Knock off zor, pp stall with Clefable
Deoxys-S: Scizor-M, Clefable, Slowbro, Latios can outspeed and kill
Tornadus-T: Clefable, Latios and Terrakion can outspeed and kill
Chandelure: Toxic stall with Heatran, Terrakion rkills
Zapdos: Toxic stall tran, Terrakion can kill after sr damage
Noivern: Clefable, Heatran, Terrakion and latios can rkill
Lucario: Slowbro
Ampharos-Mega: Heatran/Clefable
Alakazam: Scizor-M, rkill with Latios or Terrakion
Alakazam-Mega: Scizor-M, rkill with Latios or Terrakion

Importable:
Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
Shout-Outs:
Diablo for telling me to change the spread on Clefable, to put Knock off over Bug Bite on Mega Scizor (lol) and to give Defog to Latios as I was costantly losing to hazard teams; all these changes affected my team in a positive way and made it as good as it is today.
AgrasNightfall for suggesting me Psyschok over Thunderbolt on Latios.
darkdevil for helping me with 1 of the 2 banners.
Amber lamps for helping me with english (happy bday btw).
Sacraspada Team for helping me to increase my knowledge in competitive battling.

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
You should give clefable 20 more spdef EVs to ensure you always life 2 LO hpump from greninja.

I feel terrakion is the weak link of this team, but i dont know what to replace it with atm.
i can give a better rate later . :]
It's important that clefa can survive both hpump from LO greninja and psyschock from LO latios

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 179-212 (45.4 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see Greninja has only 5.5% chances to kill after 2 hpump, which is acceptable in my opionion, while tios has 2%, which is also a reliable stat.

You may be right about Terrakion, especially now that stall is becoming the most popular way to play, because Terra cant break walls like Mega-Venu and Gliscor (and even Skarmory and Quagsire) and is useless till the moment i get rid of them

-____-
use this spread on heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

with 40 evs in spd u are faster than mega venusaur, adamant mega mawile, mandibuzz etc
aaand guys dont ask him to change scizor's evs (248hp/240sdef/20spe) cuz tele is a fuckin dickhead stubborn and he never will

Tele

a quality human being
I dont think the SpDef investment is really necessary on Mega zor, as he can survive a Shadow Ball from Aegi even with 0 investment, just like this calc shows:

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 160-189 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO

Furthermore some special moves like Scald (or Discharge) can status and make him useless

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there Tele :]

I fought you way too much on ladder (like seriously too much), and eventually changed M-Medi to M-Hera because Slowbro -_-

For the rate, Foul Play is a viable option over Psyshock on Slowbro, for (more) reliably beating CharX and having a way to damage Lati@s who tend to come in on Slowbro. What are you hitting with Psyshock really?

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Amazing team, gl onwards fwen :]

Tele

a quality human being
Hey there Tele :]

I fought you way too much on ladder (like seriously too much), and eventually changed M-Medi to M-Hera because Slowbro -_-

For the rate, Foul Play is a viable option over Psyshock on Slowbro, for (more) reliably beating CharX and having a way to damage Lati@s who tend to come in on Slowbro. What are you hitting with Psyshock really?

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Amazing team, gl onwards fwen :]
Hello TheEnder, ty for the rate.

I think Foul Play would work nicely in Slowbro (as it works nicely also on Amoonguus), but I still prefer Psyshock for some reasons: firstly it's a STAB move and it takes advantage of Slowbro 100 base SpAtk, secondly because it can hit Keldeo (and generally all the fighting mons) and Mega Saur (on the switch-in) and also it can weaken the fairies who switch in on slowbro.

Tele

a quality human being
Rly nice team, I run mega Hera and have battled you a few times, mega Hera is annoying or you, (grassycow ain't my ps account). I ran mega Hera always tho, as said before, terra does feel like the weak link, you don't really have a way to break stall either but I don't know what u Gould replace. Anyway nice team :)
Ty for the rate.

Mega Hera can be annoying, but I still have ways to deal with it: Latios can switch in on the Close Combat and revengekill him, while Scizor can out stall with roost and force him to switch after the CC drop (252 Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 145-172 (42.3 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO), not mentioning Clefable who can survive any of his 4 attacks and hurt him a lot with Moonblast.

Stall is probably the hardest playstyle to face, Trick Latios can help me to get rid of some walls like Chansey/Blissey/Taunt Heatran, but usually I rely on the Clefable-Slowbro core, as the combination of Regenerator+Magic Guard is really hard to break for every stall/double wish team; real problems begin if the opponent runs a Taunt/knock Off/Toxic Gliscor, because it can easily shut down Slowbro Mega Zor and Clefable

Ah we've played each-other a few times on PO. It seems like a team that most people (including myself) underestimate, but it's actually really solid. If you don't use terrakion that much, you could try replacing it with Sub-Mixed Kyurem-B. It has similar weaknesses to terrakion so your team already supports it, and it crushes stall better than anything I know. It's not really a late game sweeper like terrakion, but if you're having trouble with stall definitely give it a try. I like using sub/icebeam/dragonclaw/fusionbolt with leftovers, and 52 hp evs to make sure seismic toss doesn't break the sub. Cool team man!

We have played so many times on the ladder in PS, and It is a pretty cool team. It is true that It is difficult to deal with stall, specially If it runs knock off + taunt gliscor, because you have to pp stall it. Anyway, It has a very good match-up against near everything balanced or HO, and It can beat stall with Clefable.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is to change scarf terrakion to scarf landorus-t. It gives near the same coverage, and helps with sand rush teams, because SD Excadrill is a threat to your team if slowbro isn't at full HP

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 324-382 (82.2 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Anyway, It's a pretty solid team, congrats!

PD: sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, English isn't my main language.

Great team n_n, I have a couple suggestions that should help.

Like you mentioned Landorus is a huge problem for your team. It's able to take out all three of your defensive Pokemon with little effort, which opens up a ton of opportunities for other threats like Mega-Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, and more to come in and finish off the rest of your team. I recommend giving Slowbro an Assault Vest in order to check Landorus. 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Assault Vest allows Slowbro to switch into any Landorus move and force it out or OHKO Landorus with Ice Beam. I know this change takes away from its physical bulk and its ability to check some threats but you can easily play around that by sharing some of Slowbros previous responsibilities with the rest of its teammates. The T-wave loss won't be missed much because you have two very fast Choice Scarfed Pokemon. You won't lack recovery either because Slowbro still has Regenerator.

OPTIONAL:
Your Scizor is a bit of a liability offensively, sure it's able to take a few hits but it isn't able to do much back with an Impish Nature and minimal Attack investment. I recommend giving Mega-Scizor a 216HP / 40Atk / 108Def / 144Spe EV spread, this spread isn't as effective (defensively) as your spread but it gives Mega-Scizor more Attack and Speed. This way you can outspeed the most common 44Spe Rotom-W and 50spe Heatrans and smack them with powerful Knock Offs, which can prove useful some games.

Set(s)
Slowbro (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 108 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
We have played so many times on the ladder in PS, and It is a pretty cool team. It is true that It is difficult to deal with stall, specially If it runs knock off + taunt gliscor, because you have to pp stall it. Anyway, It has a very good match-up against near everything balanced or HO, and It can beat stall with Clefable.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is to change scarf terrakion to scarf landorus-t. It gives near the same coverage, and helps with sand rush teams, because SD Excadrill is a threat to your team if slowbro isn't at full HP

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 324-382 (82.2 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Anyway, It's a pretty solid team, congrats!

PD: sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, English isn't my main language.
Hi and thanks for the compliments ! !
It is true that knock off + taunt gliscor can be very annoying, and the only way to get rid of him is to pp stall earthquake (16pp), but it's also true that if I can get a single boost with clefable of scizor I can kill him easily (even if it has roost).
LO+SD Excadrill can be a threat but it's very rare in the actual metagame, and unless it's adamant, slowbro can scald him all the day, while Terrakion is there to revenge kill once the sandstorm subsides; honestly I never tried Lando-t, but sand rush teams arent the main problem as slowbro can stop nearly everything (except Landorus); plus scarf Lando-t doesnt outspeed many things that scarf Terrakion normally does, like Char-x after a DD, Zygarde after a DD, Garchomp, and Volcarona after a Quiver Dance.
Great team n_n, I have a couple suggestions that should help.

Like you mentioned Landorus is a huge problem for your team. It's able to take out all three of your defensive Pokemon with little effort, which opens up a ton of opportunities for other threats like Mega-Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, and more to come in and finish off the rest of your team. I recommend giving Slowbro an Assault Vest in order to check Landorus. 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Assault Vest allows Slowbro to switch into any Landorus move and force it out or OHKO Landorus with Ice Beam. I know this change takes away from its physical bulk and its ability to check some threats but you can easily play around that by sharing some of Slowbros previous responsibilities with the rest of its teammates. The T-wave loss won't be missed much because you have two very fast Choice Scarfed Pokemon. You won't lack recovery either because Slowbro still has Regenerator.

OPTIONAL:
Your Scizor is a bit of a liability offensively, sure it's able to take a few hits but it isn't able to do much back with an Impish Nature and minimal Attack investment. I recommend giving Mega-Scizor a 216HP / 40Atk / 108Def / 144Spe EV spread, this spread isn't as effective (defensively) as your spread but it gives Mega-Scizor more Attack and Speed. This way you can outspeed the most common 44Spe Rotom-W and 50spe Heatrans and smack them with powerful Knock Offs, which can prove useful some games.

Set(s)
Slowbro (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 108 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
You are absolutely right, Landorus is probably the biggest threat to my team: my only "safe" switch is Latios, who can be eventually OHKOed by Knock off Lando; the only thing that may help is the fact people often use Landorus as a lead to set rocks, so I can easily predict them and start with Slowbro or Latios to Scald/Dmeteor, while Terrakion can actually do some good damage with stone edge and Scizor can finish off that last 35% of life with Bullet Punch; I like a lot your suggestion of giving slowbro an Assault Vest, but just this change would radically affect the team dynamics in a way you wouldn't imagine: Thunder Wave is an extremely important move because it just stops pokemons like Mega Pinsir or Mega Gyara froom boosting; Slack Off isn't as important as thunder wave but it's still necessary to regain health quickly, especially against hyper offensive teams.
I dont think Mega Scizor needs a speed investment, because even if it could outspeed Rotom-w and Heatran, Knock off wouldnt kill these pokemons unless you have danced at least 2 times before (which is very difficult to do if your opponent has a rotom-w or heatran); plus if I simply knock off their Leftovers on the switch, then I can just out stall them with Slowbro or Clefable; but most of all, the full investment in HP and defense has the purpose to prevent Mega Hera (and someone other like Shell Smash Cloyster) from sweeping the team, as neither Latios nor Terrakion can kill it at full life.

I updated the 1st post after peaking the PS ladder at 2073 Elo.
Over the next few days I will also add some usefull replays to show how the team works.

Last edited:
Hello, nice team! Since you have trouble against both Landorus-I and Pinsir, why not hit 2 birds with one stone?:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Not only does Spdef Zapdos counter 2 main threats in Landorus-I and Mega Pinsir, it also allows you to clear hazards more reliably. I suggest replacing Latios or Terrakion with this Zapdos set. Hope I helped!

Tele

a quality human being
Hello, nice team! Since you have trouble against both Landorus-I and Pinsir, why not hit 2 birds with one stone?:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Not only does Spdef Zapdos counter 2 main threats in Landorus-I and Mega Pinsir, it also allows you to clear hazards more reliably. I suggest replacing Latios or Terrakion with this Zapdos set. Hope I helped!
For sure specially defensive Zapdos would be really helpfull to check 2 major threats to my team like Lando-I and Mega Pinsir, but replacing Latios with him I could have some troubles especially against stall teams, as tricking the scarf is the only way I have to get rid of Crocune, Chansey, Heatran or Clefable; anyway if I can predict right and get a single calm mind boost with Clefable, Lando-I isn't anymore a problem, while Slowbro can check Pinsir-Mega, even if he isnt as good as Zapdos in doing this.

~~~~~~~~~~​

Team got nominated as RMT of the last week and also went on Smogon Facebook page ! :) thanks also to everyone who voted for me and keep rating the team :]

Is there a particular reason why Heatran does not have a Focus Sash or at least Air Balloon? Especially for a lead and the one setting up SR and Toxic it should be able to take Close Combats, Earthquakes and Crawdaunt's Crabhammer. I'm not such a big expert in OU battling, but this is really bugging me :D

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hm, yeah, your team can't really break stall. I have a few set changes that I think could help rectify this.

The first thing I would do is switch to a SR / Moonblast / Fire Blast / Soft-Boiled set on Clefable. This gives you a few things, most notably the ability to run a stallbreaking Heatran and a SR setter that beats every Defogger in the tier with ease.

I would run 219 Speed on Heatran to outrun max Mawile, this is important especially if it has Knock Off so you don't get floored by it. Anyways since you have SR on Clefable now, I suggest the following moveset for Heatran: Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Flamethrower / Earth Power. This is an effective stallbreaking set. You can Taunt + WoW Chansey, wearing down something you can barely break otherwise. WoW also helps with SD Mawile, which only needs a slight bit of prior damage to KO with +2 Sucker Punch, as well as Azumarill which can be a huge pain for this team. I prefer the extra power of Flamethrower on this moveset, as you have a reliable method of burn and the extra power is great, though you can opt to keep Lava Plume. Earth Power helps against opposing Heatrans, which you are very weak to as your best answer is your own Heatran, which can at best PP stall it. Your other answers are easy to wear down/status. It also hits Charizard X for good damage forcing it to waste Roosts, which is important because you give it free switch-ins otherwise. Finally it lets you get good damage on Keldeo and Terrakion switch-ins which is useful.

With those changes there are a couple directions you can go with Latios because you can now put more pressure on Chansey, most notably a Roost Life Orb set. With Taunt + WoW on Heatran, you have this set to complete putting pressure on stalls, as Chansey will be worn down as it is usually stall's best Heatran swap. Roost provides a couple other things for you, most notably a more reliable Keldeo, Char Y, and Lando check that you desperately need.

Finally I recommend running 24 SpD EVs on Slowbro to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Keld Hydro always after SR in case you need it in a pinch.

I actually tested these changes a bit before I posted, and they really improve the team's function imo. Hope I helped ^_^

Hi there, on the suspect ladder your team is really popular ive seen about 12 different guys with it! A testiment to how good it is, however this replay shows you how easy it is for mega voir to stomp on your team provided you don't miss 4 focus blasts in a row XDDD: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-145093638
That being said perhaps heatran could run a chople berry, a weird suggestion but every time that ive won vs your team was on account of heatran being 2HKO'ed by a Focus Miss after rocks and an appropriate stab. I just hope that not everyone would cookie cutter your team is all :)

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
Is there a particular reason why Heatran does not have a Focus Sash or at least Air Balloon? Especially for a lead and the one setting up SR and Toxic it should be able to take Close Combats, Earthquakes and Crawdaunt's Crabhammer. I'm not such a big expert in OU battling, but this is really bugging me :D
Actually Focus Sash Heatran would be kinda weird lol; Leftovers are really important because together with Protect they give me free turns of recovery, which are important if you want to have many opportunities to set rocks, and also it allows me to scout my opponent's next move; so I really don't think I would change Lefties with something else; plus Heatran isn't even my main lead, because usually Lando-T leads for my opponent so it's preferable to start with Scizor and spam Knock off all the way, making sure you can knock off Lando-t and even the switch in (usually it's Heatran or Rotom-w); only in the case my opponent has Rotom-w I could consider starting with Heatran, as Hpump from Rotom-w isn't even 2kHO, allowing me to take an advantage setting rocks early.

Through this graphic you may be able to understand better with which poke I would most likely lead the game: Scizor is my 1st option for the reason I explained above, while Slowbro is an underrated lead who can confuse my opponent; it's a very good check to the many Garchomp/Tyranitar leads we have seen recently, as paralyzing/scalding is a good way to get rid of them.

I often used Latios and Terrakion to surprisingly kill opponent's leads like Greninja, Manetric-Mega or Tornadus-Therian, but now knowing that almost everyone knows I run these 2 scarfers, I prefer starting with something more reliable, like Knock off Scizor, Scald Slowbro or SR Heatran; one thing is sure, you should never start with Clefable X) (at least not with this Clefable set).

Hm, yeah, your team can't really break stall. I have a few set changes that I think could help rectify this.

The first thing I would do is switch to a SR / Moonblast / Fire Blast / Soft-Boiled set on Clefable. This gives you a few things, most notably the ability to run a stallbreaking Heatran and a SR setter that beats every Defogger in the tier with ease.

I would run 219 Speed on Heatran to outrun max Mawile, this is important especially if it has Knock Off so you don't get floored by it. Anyways since you have SR on Clefable now, I suggest the following moveset for Heatran: Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Flamethrower / Earth Power. This is an effective stallbreaking set. You can Taunt + WoW Chansey, wearing down something you can barely break otherwise. WoW also helps with SD Mawile, which only needs a slight bit of prior damage to KO with +2 Sucker Punch, as well as Azumarill which can be a huge pain for this team. I prefer the extra power of Flamethrower on this moveset, as you have a reliable method of burn and the extra power is great, though you can opt to keep Lava Plume. Earth Power helps against opposing Heatrans, which you are very weak to as your best answer is your own Heatran, which can at best PP stall it. Your other answers are easy to wear down/status. It also hits Charizard X for good damage forcing it to waste Roosts, which is important because you give it free switch-ins otherwise. Finally it lets you get good damage on Keldeo and Terrakion switch-ins which is useful.

With those changes there are a couple directions you can go with Latios because you can now put more pressure on Chansey, most notably a Roost Life Orb set. With Taunt + WoW on Heatran, you have this set to complete putting pressure on stalls, as Chansey will be worn down as it is usually stall's best Heatran swap. Roost provides a couple other things for you, most notably a more reliable Keldeo, Char Y, and Lando check that you desperately need.

Finally I recommend running 24 SpD EVs on Slowbro to avoid the 2HKO from Specs Keld Hydro always after SR in case you need it in a pinch.

I actually tested these changes a bit before I posted, and they really improve the team's function imo. Hope I helped ^_^
First of all, thanks for this rate.
I recently considered to put Taunt on Heatran too (and some frends suggested it to me as well), because like you said I often struggle against heavy stall and I have to play really well to break it; but I dont think (well im not sure, im just giving my feeling about it) that switching to a SR Clefable would be the better option, because I would lose every single time to Gliscor and Crocune (especially to CroCune); on the other hand I could consider to play Taunt Heatran instead of Protect, which to be honest isn't the most important move in this set (although it's important when I toxic stall).

About Mawile I don't think WoW on Heatran is strictly necessary to deal with him, as +2 Sucker Punch never kills, unless my Heatran has less than 90% of life; BPunch Scizor and CC/Quake Terrakion are my ways to revenge if he gets a max damage/crit on Heatran; finally Slowbro is an excellent check to the Sub-Punch Mawi set, taking less then 30% from Focus Punch and less then 55% from Play Rough.

About Azumarill, I dont consider it a dangerous threat for my team: Slowbro/Scizor-M can take are of the AV/CB Azu set, while I can usually predict from the team preview if it's gonna be Bdrum, and in this case I usually pay more attention, but Psyschok Latios (+6 Aqua Jet does 70-75%) + Bpunch Scizor (+6 Aqua Jet does 50-60%) always kills it.

About Hpump Keldeo:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 161-190 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
As you can see even after 2 maxs it has very little chances to kill, but usually if I see that the 1st Hpump was a max, I switch to Latios to be safer; what I fear more are crits and Scald Burns, as there's not much I can do about that.

Hi there, on the suspect ladder your team is really popular ive seen about 12 different guys with it! A testiment to how good it is, however this replay shows you how easy it is for mega voir to stomp on your team provided you don't miss 4 focus blasts in a row XDDD: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-145093638
That being said perhaps heatran could run a chople berry, a weird suggestion but every time that ive won vs your team was on account of heatran being 2HKO'ed by a Focus Miss after rocks and an appropriate stab. I just hope that not everyone would cookie cutter your team is all :)

Thanks for your time guys!
Haha thanks a lot :^)
Yea I noticed too some guys trying to ladder with it, I'm very glad about it, although I know it's not easy at all :p I also saw some nice variants of my own team, like Mega Heracross instead of Mega Scizor, and it seemed they all worked pretty well :)
And yea, you are right, Gardevoir Mega can be painfull (I should have written it in red in the Threat List), although I have some ways to deal with it: Clefable can CM on him, while it's preferable to revenge with Stone Edge Terrakion than BPunch Mega Scizor.

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 204-241 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 255-300 (91.7 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Still, I realize myself that's not enough: for this reason I need to play very well against it, for example making him waste Focus Blast PP by abusing Protect on Heatran or randomly switching to Clefable and then again Heatran on the Hypervoice/Psyshock hit. I also noticed that the guy in your replay (the hax tho xD) made some little mistakes which I'll tell you briefly: first of all he would have probably done better toxing you immediately before setting rocks; secondly he never used Protect, which is just incredibly helpfull in this case; thirdly he did a dangerous switch to Latios, while he could have just went to Clefable; at this point he could have had many options: go back to Heatran (or Scizor) expecting you to Psyshock or Hypervoice, or to stay in with Clefable, soft-boiling till he he had got full life and then Calm Minded (even if this strategy could be very risky because of crits).
Anyway, ty again for the rate :)

Last edited:
Hello, I really like this team! One suggestion I have is changing Terrakion to Thundurus. Thundurus provides so much more for your team, and through your threatlist, here is what is now checked because of Thundurus:
  • Thunderbolt:
  • Thunder Wave:
  • Hidden Power Ice:
  • Taunt:

This list might seem a bit crazy, but Thundurus does an insane job of keeping things in check. Thunder Wave cripples ton of faster threats and Taunt shuts down defensive threats, while BoltBeam shuts a lot down as well. I agree with chimpact and Jukain, Terrakion is your weak link and you cannot break stall very well. Thundurus mitigates this problem immensely.

Summary:
  • ---->
Sets:

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tele

a quality human being
the thing is without terra makes bisharp problems
Exactly. Thundurus might check many things, but if I replace Terrakion I would get swept every single time by Bisharp; plus Slowbro does already a good job twaving potential threats like Mega Gyara or Mega Char x (and Bisharp too), and he is able to take strong hits from these mons, while Thundurus would die immediately after paralyzing them.

Exactly. Thundurus might check many things, but if I replace Terrakion I would get swept every single time by Bisharp; plus Slowbro does already a good job twaving potential threats like Mega Gyara or Mega Char x (and Bisharp too), and he is able to take strong hits from these mons, while Thundurus would die immediately after paralyzing them.
How exactly is Bisharp an end all? Thundurus can Thunder Wave enabling for Heatran to take it on, or Mega Scizor can just take it on itself. Mega Scizor does handle it:
  • 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 96-114 (28 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 103-122 (30.1 - 35.6%) -- 30.2% chance to 3HKO
It can boost with Swords Dance but so can Mega Scizor, which can then proceed to Knock Off its Life Orb and make it insanely crippled.
  • +2 8 Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 99-117 (36.3 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • +2 8 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 93-109 (34.1 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
That's a solid 70.4 - 83, which will kill it off after two Life Orb rounds and Stealth Rock or just leave it weak without an item, to which, again, Thundurus can Thunder Wave it. And, also:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 242-286 (80.9 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 250-294 (91.9 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Thundurus can revenge-kill an unboosted Bisharp, or Thunder Wave a boosted one. But, honestly, not many teams can completely counter a +2 Bisharp, but instead rely on multiple Checks. And, furthermore, Bisharp's most popular partner is Aegislash (rip Deoxys ;_;7), meaning Terrakion will have to rely on prediction and hope that Aegislash is not Air Balloon. Terrakion provides you with an emergency check to Bisharp, Thundurus provides you with an emergency check to many other things. And yeah, Thundurus will take a lot of damage in the process, that's kind of how sacrificial it is. Anyways, good luck with this team anywho :).

Bisharp vs Thundurus
With rocks: 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 243-289 (81 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
In a switch: 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 296-348 (98.6 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
In a switch with rocks: 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 296-348 (98.6 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bisharp vs. Scizor
1x Swords Dance and gg M-Scizor
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 244 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 185-218 (54 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 244 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 113-133 (33 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 244 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 226-266 (66 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bisharp vs. Heatran
1x Swords Dance: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Heatran: 415-489 (107.5 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
gg tran

Bisharp vs. Clefable
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 127 Def Clefable: 400-476 (101.5 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 168-198 (61.7 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 248-294 (91.1 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
gg clefable

Bisharp vs. Slowbro
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 299-354 (75.8 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 299-354 (75.8 - 89.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 595-702 (151 - 178.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
gg slowbro

Bisharp vs. Latios
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 439-517 (145.3 - 171.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 530-627 (175.4 - 207.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(no comment)

Bisharp vs Terrakion
In a switch: 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 398-471 (122.8 - 145.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 239-282 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and then: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 199-234 (61.4 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
gg terrakion

i think you need a better bisharp counter/check he destroys you with one swords dance :[

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi

I'm really not sold on Choice Scarf Latios for this team, it really just seems to be there for the novelty of it rather than actually providing something for the team. Yes, you can trick Chansey, but nothing on the team really needs that done, especially when you have a Magic Guard Clefable (it just needs to fish for burns or crits once at +6). But Scarf Latios is not the way to go. It just takes too much luck to get the "prediction" right. Instead, I would switch to Life Orb and give it Surf over Trick. Since you have so much on an issue with Taunt Gliscor and Landorus, a way of KOing them without lowering your SAtk by two stages is probably better than the benefit of Trick. But since I know that you probably fear that this will hurt your matchup against stall, I would suggest running Taunt on Heatran over Protect. This way you can Toxic stall just about ever member of a stall team by taking out their ability to heal or in Chansey's case, remove status. This is a great way to wear things down for Clefable to sweep later on. Finally, you should change Heatran's EV spread to 40 Spe to outspeed max speed Adamant Mawile, which is what I personally always run. And you should consider Stored Power>Flamethrower if you're really worried about beating stall, since +6 Stored Power can break through Chansey/Heatran more easily.

Anyway, hope I was able to help. Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)