XY OU Sweeperella is a Mean B1tch. (1876 and not climbing because of laziness)

Hi,
I tried this team in ou it works well and i think Clefable is good with Leftovers i think than life orb i ussually to Calm Mind X2 and then attack it works well and i get leftovers as my recovery and its working wellso i would suggest Leftovers over Life Orb
Without Life Orb you can't 1HKO scizor on the switch in. Also you miss out on the opportunity (45% chance) to 1HKO Mawile on the switch-in after stealth rock damage is applied. There's also a 12.5 chance to 1HKO Bisharp on the switch-in after stealth rock damage. In summation, you miss out on wrecking your steel checks without running life orb. This team is more offensive so an offensive clefable better suits it I believe. On top of that, T-tar loves having the aforementioned pokemon removed from play so he can spam stone edge/crunch.

Don't get me wrong, leftovers clefable is effective, but a huge amount of momentum is gained by making the aformentioned pokemon so damaged that they're worthless.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Scarfed Raptor I fought against this team very often in XY OU Suspect test and I noticed that he has a big weakness against Terrakion, you should pay attention and find a solution especially if aegislash will banned, because Clefable there for the whole game, and rotom does not guaranted the entrance considerating the explosive power of 2 stab of Terrakion. And change nature to Excadrill, The sandstorm during only 5 turns, you need for a bonus when the sandstream ending, just to avoid the revenge kill by another excadrill JOLLY ;)

Reactions: pj
Scarfed Raptor I fought against this team very often in XY OU Suspect test and I noticed that he has a big weakness against Terrakion, you should pay attention and find a solution especially if aegislash will banned, because Clefable there for the whole game, and rotom does not guaranted the entrance considerating the explosive power of 2 stab of Terrakion. And change nature to Excadrill, The sandstorm during only 5 turns, you need for a bonus when the sandstream ending, just to avoid the revenge kill by another excadrill JOLLY ;)
Hmm I guess you're right but I don't really know what to replace.

Can I suggest you add this?

Airplane Trash (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt/Hp Fighting/Hp Fire

and Editing a Excadrill in this way.

Spinning Trash (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

So we have your spinning trash attacker who places SR when scares the opponent, and spin. Latias in this way can affect many pokemon and manages Terrakion and Keldeo is found to have a bulkyness better than Latios that was the first idea that came to mind. also healing wish allows you to restore your trash physical attackers by status problems etc and can handle even some pokemon dangerous for Pinsir and Ttar as Superpower Thundurus-I. As a fourth slot, I would recommend Hp Fire or Fighting even if thunderbolt allows you to hit some flying pokemon with Latias, this team would become very susceptible to +2 Bisharp at this point if that happens Bisharp is located in front of Latias in any case not the possibility of setup. I had also thought of a Scarf + Trick to make a trap out of the stall pokemon such as Chansey, and revengekill charizard X, but then I just thought about this problem Bisharp, and L-Orb seemed like the right solution. I suggest you try and let me know, I hope I was helpful.

I played this team a lot in ladder and i have to say this is pretty awesome!!!Realy good job bro but i agree with praj.pran and i really think you need one more fight move on T-tar instead of running with crunch and pursuit.And i've a lot of problems against greninja so if you can give me some advices it would be great and i would be so happy.
Thanks for this wonderfull team wich gives me so much fun!!!

I played this team a lot in ladder and i have to say this is pretty awesome!!!Realy good job bro but i agree with praj.pran and i really think you need one more fight move on T-tar instead of running with crunch and pursuit.And i've a lot of problems against greninja so if you can give me some advices it would be great and i would be so happy.
Thanks for this wonderfull team wich gives me so much fun!!!
Against greninja it's best to somehow save T-tar since he can avoid the 2HKO from the common hydro pump at full health, and can also setup sand for excadrill for a revenge kill. I like using pursuit because it hits hard as hell and greninja is suspectible to a Mega Pinsir Quick Attack afterwards if he switches out. If Greninja stays in, he can't switch out without dying after taking a Choice Band Pursuit. This also leaves him susceptible to being revenge killed by someone else. Also, Rotom can be a big help because after a slow volt switch, ninja is usually in the range to be killed by priority or killed by something that can take a protean hit such as clefable.

I played somebody lower on the ladder who copied this team. I wrecked it with a Mega Gardevoir. The team is very weak to it.

Naaaaaah! Is an Hyper Offensive, does not need entries in mega Gardevoir, Excadrill and Pinsir make it out safely ...

As one of the dumbasses on the lower ladder myself, I think I can safely say it's probably more a case of he just didn't know how to use this team rather than it being weak. Garchomp can outspeed and 2HKO Mega Gardevoire if his Sash is still in tact with EQ, Excadrill shuts her down completely unless she has HP Fire or Will-O-Wisp, and Mega Pinsir can outspeed and OHKO with Return. Looks like all the tools are there to handle the fair lady well enough.

Yo Scarfed Raptor! Firstly, really awesome RMT, this is freakin hilarious. (Also inb4 Gif)

I wanted to rate this team a while back, but couldn't think of anything since this is an extremely solid team.
Synergy wise it covers almost everything in the current tier, and offensively, your team breaks mons for one another, so gratz on the final product buddy :]

I was laddering today and used a variant of the latest MPinsir team I made. I was trying out Mega Gardevoir along with Zone and Superpower Landorus-T (Credits to Unbirthday for the set), and I came across your team on the ladder. Like many people also suggested, you don't really have a switch in to Mega Gardevoir, but that is to be expected.

However, even without a reliable switch in, a good check is still needed. Otherwise, Mega Voir clicks Hyper Voice and wins the game. Looking at your team, your checks include Mega Pinsir and Excadrill, with Excadrill being the more reliable option. (Garchomp is normally a suicide lead, so I excluded that).

The problem I see here is that, if you do not mega evolve Pinsir early, you get outsped by Mega Voir and Hyper Voice OHKOs. Excadrill outside of sand also gets outsped by Mega Gardevoir, and gets easily one-shot by a Focus Blast (coupling with the fact that you don't have Smooth Rock on TTar)

This is the ladder match I was talking about: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-149585426

When I was facing the team, the opponent did not mega evolve his Pinsir early as shown, thus Gardevoir easily pulls of the victory as long as I keep it healthy (to survive Quick Attack). It literally comes in, clicks HVoice, and something dies.

Secondly, I also realised that this team has no reliable answers to Charizard X. At +1 Speed, Excadrill can outspeed (provided Sand is still around), but you'd probably need to sack a mon before getting a free switch into Exca. At +2 Speed, the game is over.

Because of that, I'd like to propose some changes to the team.

1. SpDef Scizor (replace Clefable)
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Swords Dance

SpDef Scizor easily switches into Gardevoir, and threatens it with BP. It also forms an awesome Volturn combo with Rotom-W, so this basically handles your Mega Voir issue. However with Clefable replaced, you now lack a crucial fighting sponge for the team. Therefore, this is the second change I propose:

2. Landorus-Therian (replace Garchomp)
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 180 HP / 240 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Replacing Garchomp with a physically defensive Landorus-Therian patches up a ton of holes for your team. 1. With Clefable replaced, Landorus now becomes the fighting sponge for your team. 2. It also deals with Mega Zard X, which is primarily why I propose this change. Also Chomp is a suicide lead, meaning that if your opponent manages to spin / defog later on, you'll not be getting hazards back. On top of that, you do not have a defiant user (to abuse Defog) or a spin blocker, so I find sash lead SR Chomp a little awkward on the squad. Landorus on the hand can constantly get up hazards while forcing switches, so it won't matter as much. Also, it forms a great volturn core with Rotom-W and Scizor, and momentum is really crucial. I do have one final proposal though.

3. Chesto Resto Rotom-W (replace Pain Split)
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd (I'm using your EV spread)
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

With Clefable replaced, you no longer have a status sponge. By changing Pain Split to chesto resto, Rotom-W doesn't care about status, and is now your new status sponge.

That is all. Hope I helped, cheers!

Yo Scarfed Raptor! Firstly, really awesome RMT, this is freakin hilarious. (Also inb4 Gif)

I wanted to rate this team a while back, but couldn't think of anything since this is an extremely solid team.
Synergy wise it covers almost everything in the current tier, and offensively, your team breaks mons for one another, so gratz on the final product buddy :]

I was laddering today and used a variant of the latest MPinsir team I made. I was trying out Mega Gardevoir along with Zone and Superpower Landorus-T (Credits to Unbirthday for the set), and I came across your team on the ladder. Like many people also suggested, you don't really have a switch in to Mega Gardevoir, but that is to be expected.

However, even without a reliable switch in, a good check is still needed. Otherwise, Mega Voir clicks Hyper Voice and wins the game. Looking at your team, your checks include Mega Pinsir and Excadrill, with Excadrill being the more reliable option. (Garchomp is normally a suicide lead, so I excluded that).

The problem I see here is that, if you do not mega evolve Pinsir early, you get outsped by Mega Voir and Hyper Voice OHKOs. Excadrill outside of sand also gets outsped by Mega Gardevoir, and gets easily one-shot by a Focus Blast (coupling with the fact that you don't have Smooth Rock on TTar)

This is the ladder match I was talking about: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-149585426

When I was facing the team, the opponent did not mega evolve his Pinsir early as shown, thus Gardevoir easily pulls of the victory as long as I keep it healthy (to survive Quick Attack). It literally comes in, clicks HVoice, and something dies.

Secondly, I also realised that this team has no reliable answers to Charizard X. At +1 Speed, Excadrill can outspeed (provided Sand is still around), but you'd probably need to sack a mon before getting a free switch into Exca. At +2 Speed, the game is over.

Because of that, I'd like to propose some changes to the team.

1. SpDef Scizor (replace Clefable)
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Swords Dance

SpDef Scizor easily switches into Gardevoir, and threatens it with BP. It also forms an awesome Volturn combo with Rotom-W, so this basically handles your Mega Voir issue. However with Clefable replaced, you now lack a crucial fighting sponge for the team. Therefore, this is the second change I propose:

2. Landorus-Therian (replace Garchomp)
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 180 HP / 240 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Replacing Garchomp with a physically defensive Landorus-Therian patches up a ton of holes for your team. 1. With Clefable replaced, Landorus now becomes the fighting sponge for your team. 2. It also deals with Mega Zard X, which is primarily why I propose this change. Also Chomp is a suicide lead, meaning that if your opponent manages to spin / defog later on, you'll not be getting hazards back. On top of that, you do not have a defiant user (to abuse Defog) or a spin blocker, so I find sash lead SR Chomp a little awkward on the squad. Landorus on the hand can constantly get up hazards while forcing switches, so it won't matter as much. Also, it forms a great volturn core with Rotom-W and Scizor, and momentum is really crucial. I do have one final proposal though.

3. Chesto Resto Rotom-W (replace Pain Split)
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd (I'm using your EV spread)
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

With Clefable replaced, you no longer have a status sponge. By changing Pain Split to chesto resto, Rotom-W doesn't care about status, and is now your new status sponge.

That is all. Hope I helped, cheers!
Hey, Scy thanks for the suggestions! I'll make a clone team and add in your changes to test them out. Strangely though, I don't have much trouble with M-Garde to be honest. Pinsir's priority is awesome, meaning that I can usually get an early Mega-evo off by revenge killing something. I'll also keep garchomp around because even at 1%, Chomp is far from useless and is immune to sandstorm damage from Tar. He lands an Earthquake on M-Garde and Pinsir QA cleans up without a hitch.

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 138-163 (49.6 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO.

I feel that if the original team is played well then Gardevoir or Zard X for that matter isn't too big of an issue. But once again, I will definitely try your suggestions because you're an excellent player and it would be foolish of me not to. Thank you so much for taking the time to review my team!

Reactions: Scy
Is this team still relevant? Fuck it, I'll reply anyway. I've been using a physical copy of this team in Pokemon Y because I'm just shit at Showdown, I can't get used to that formatting (and the dog ate my homework) but it's been doing great so far! I have made one alteration in particular though that I might as well mention, I replaces Excadrill with a weird Defog utility Scizor for three reasons (only two are important):
1: I hate Excadrill. I don't care how good it is competitively, I can't make myself give enough of a shit about it to use him effectively.
2: Dat Volt-Turn core tho! Between hazards, Sandstorm and a tight Volt-Turn core, I've honestly worked down some opponents through that without even sending Mega Pinsir out at all. It just effectively whittles down teams so well.
3: It brings back some of the unpredictability your team had back in the Deo-S days. When Deo-S was banned things were made a lot easier for opponents when they see your Garchomp is Stealth Rock lead, they can tell straight off that T-Tar must be offensive and your team is figured out pretty much. With Scizor, barely anyone expects a Defog utility Scizor that isn't Mega, it's easy to assume it must be a Choice Banded one until proven otherwise, and that bluff can be pulled even after Garchomp is shown to not be Scarfed. This can force switches for easy Defogs, and just generally keep your opponent in the dark till their team's taken a beating to the point where Pinsir can pick them off.
These are the words of a shit player likely battling other less experienced players, but it's gone well for me so far. My Scizor's spread is pretty much Bulky SD EVs with the generic Defog utility moveset so he's not just another defensive pivot and can actually fight back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)