Player of the Week 13: TCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCR
Favorite Pokemon: Amaura
Playstyle: Balanced
Most Used Pokemon: Amaura

Tell us a little about yourself?

I am an 18yo going into my senior year, hopefully pursuing a career in political science. I enjoy watching anime such as One Piece (im not a hardcore weeaboo like Prem) and listening to music. My favorite band is easily Bring me the Horizon.

How and when did you start playing LC? Do you remember your first team?

Around the time of the Deoxys-D suspect in BW OU I was bored with OU and wanted to try a new tier and LC seemed fun, so I asked my friend Lunatic Lies if he could help me learn the tier. I peaked the ladder at number 4 with a team of Abra / Scarf Snover / Scarf Chinchou / Mienfoo / Misdreavus / Murkrow, and thought I was creative and hot shit until I found out that that team was as standard as it got.

What is your favorite element of LC?

I love how stall is so much more manageable than in other tiers. I hate stall with a passion. I cannot play against it, and I can't play with it. For example, I once lost an XY OU match to Toxic Wish Salamence when trying to run a Florges / Mega Aggron team. Clean 6-0d. Lack of viability in stall makes me have more fun with the tier!

If you could change one thing about LC by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?

I would easily unban Yanma and Tangela, and probably Gligar as well. I thought they were fun to play with, and tangma meta was the most fun of all xy metas imo.

LC user or player you most admire?

The LC player I admire the most is Zoroarkforever. He's such an excellent player, and a great teambuilder. Too bad #stallisded. Catcherintherai is another excellent player I admire, and again is a stall player. He has been a great help to me whenever we talk, and is a vey successful player!

What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

I don't think there is any strategy that is of a higher class than others tbh. Any strategy can be good if you know what you are doing. Same with cores. The obvious answer is Scarf Pawn / Misdreavus / Cleaner, but I think the most fun core I have used is Amaura / Larvesta / and bulky Drilbur, as it allows me to check a bunch of the meta while also using want I want!

Advice to new LCers?

My advice is just do what is fun to you! Winning is fun and all but if you only get there by using stuff you think is broken then its a waste. Challenge the meta. Build a stall team. Build Hyper Offense. Use your favorite Pokemon. The best way to learn is through experience. Having other people tell you what to build isn't that helpful tbh as everyone plays differently. Pay attention to what others use and you will get a hang of the tier.

FREEEEEENNNN (Amaura) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 SDef / 200 Def / 224 SAtk / 68 HP
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Thunder Wave
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

LOLnotBorked (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 28 Def / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball

LOLfuckMienfoo (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 40 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

fucknigga (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 160 Def / 160 SDef / 124 HP
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Giga Drain

ITS SCARVED (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 172 Spd / 228 SAtk / 76 HP
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

NOSEDICK (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 104 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Basically, this is my favorite team, using my favorite core. It uses decent switch-ins to all common threats, Mienfoo, Misdreavus, Drilbur, Fletchling, and Pawniard, to be able to cripple any opposing switchins or gain momentum. Misdreavus cleans up when all the threats have been paralyzed and hurt and whatnot.This team struggles against stall, specifically Porygon / Spritzee cores, so be sure to preserve Larvesta when facing them. This team can rely on a little luck, so it isn't the best in like, official tournaments, but it is my favorite, and uses my favorite core.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm so shocked that TCR's favorite Pokemon is Amaura, I would have never guessed! But in all seriousness, TCR's chill af and a very approachable user if you have any questions regarding LC or Showdown/Smogon in general. Keep up the good work bud.

TCR fren!
you deserve this and are pretty much the only reason I won in LCPL at all. incredible teambuilder and fantastic teammate :]

Reactions: tcr
Worst player in LC wtf doing this guy before someone as awesome as me
Amazing guy, great teambuilder and teammate as kappaten said, also a great role model for new players /smogon users.

IMHO, TCR for LC Ubers so he can stop terrorizing the lc ladder or whatever he does these days. In all seriousness he is either the best or one of the best lc players I know and deserves this.

#Team Sky #CuteMons #HashTagSwag #Support

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TCR is probably my favorite person. Like, I stalk this shit. If you haven't noticed in my signature.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TCR's chill as fuck. I remember when we both didn't like each other because we both said the other was bad when we knew the opposite. Good to see this. :)

This whole time I thought TCR stood for That Chunky Rabbi ;.;

You should go back to Minime1164 or Klaus so nobody questions your username imho

TCR is such a great player and is one of the best role models for newcomers in LC to learn from. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-74742909
RoronoaMihawk: lol i wanted the 6-0
RoronoaMihawk: :(
Amaura used Nature Power!
Nature Power turned into Tri Attack!
It's super effective! The opposing Gligar lost 34.8% of its health!
The opposing Gligar fainted!
RoronoaMihawk: ohkoes swirlix
SharkbaitOOHAHAH joined.
RoronoaMihawk: send in the tits
RoronoaMihawk: this is going
RoronoaMihawk: in the replay thread
RoronoaMihawk: :)
dsr95: ok
F a n t a s t i c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)