Player of the Week 1: Raseri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello and welcome to Player of the Week. This thread hopes to increase the visibility of prominent NU players to the community and the outside world while promoting both users and the strategies that they find to be effective in the metagame. If there is someone you would like to see interviewed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Raseri
Favorite Pokemon: Musharna
Most known for: Being the NU tier leader and being probably the most helpful tier leader
Favorite Playstyle: Heavy offense is the most fun to play
Most used Pokemon: Changes with the whims!​

Naturally, the player we are going to start with is our leader, Raseri.

Lord Alphose: Tell us a little about yourself?

Raseri: im a 20 year old man who lives in Alberta, Canada. I play lots of Pokemon and watch anime all day! I'm not the most interesting person

Lord Alphose: How and when did you start playing NU? Do you remember your first team?

Raseri: I first started playing way back in Round 0 of BW NU, though it was Round 1 of NU where I first started playing, cause I wanted to vote and work towards the TC badge. back then, i made a lot of teams and laddered all day. I had like 4 or 5 alts in the top 30, each with a different team. Though one of them used SD Combusken I think. I also stole Ice-eyes team and got to #3 (behind 2 Ice-eyes alts) with it.

Lord Alphose: When did you first fight real NU players? When was the first time you really got destroyed by someone who just totally outclassed you?

Raseri: way back in round 1 NU, I got a lot of really cool fights on the ladder, because a lot of people were trying to get onto the council, so I got to fight them a lot. Some of the people who just completely outclassed me early on were ice-eyes and Amarillo. I even started running Lum Berry Golem just to CT Amarillo and his Butterfree
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/too-many-mices.3461213/

Lord Alphose: What is your favorite element of NU?

Raseri: my favourite part of NU is that a lot of my favourite Pokemon ended up here. Musharna, Hariyama, Dragalge are all ehre! I also like all the different playstyles I see, and just how balanced they are (except for Combusken pass). And also the NU community is really fun

Lord Alphose: If you could change one thing about NU by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?

Raseri: thats kind of a weird question because I have the power to suspect things and make these happen
. But Combusken is something that I'm starting to think needs to go, it's just ridiculously good right now. Other than that, #freesigi

Lord Alphose: NU user or player you most admire?

Raseri: as players. FLCL and Zebraiken are tough to beat. I've tried to get to their level, but I just can't

Lord Alphose: What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

Raseri: Combusken pass is probably the best. If you would have asked me a week ago, I probably would have said Ferroseed Offense, but Combusken Pass is justso good right now

Lord Alphose: Advice to new NUers?

Raseri: Come get involved in the PS room! There are lots of people in there that are really active and helpful. and are more than willing to help you out. You can also always talk to me, I help people with teams and stuff all the time

Thank you so much for your time Raseri, and I'll be back next week with a different player.

Hey Llamas i see your spreading the love without me again, anyhow as far as Raseri...
We giving out rates now eh? if so.

6.5 since you said so yourself XD, but i agree on the part about being a nice guy and a pretty good player, Only talked to you once or twice but based from those two times or so, a pretty helpful guy, Never got to play you myself because every time we where about to play in anything like the UUPL or the RUPL you ended up getting traded or something along the lines of that haha.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's users like Raseri that inspire me to help others achieve their potential. He might be a 6/10 player, but he's a 10/10 user.

Raseri: Come get involved in the PS room! There are lots of people in there that are really active and helpful. and are more than willing to help you out. You can also always talk to me, I help people with teams and stuff all the time
always willing to help others. Just an excellent individual with a great heart.

Keep up the great work

Never forget Raseri's 6-0 Shelgon sweep vs the Master of Pokemon himself. You'll always be better than FLCL as long as he uses Gurdurr and Rotom-S on every team.

Never forget Raseri's 6-0 Shelgon sweep vs the Master of Pokemon himself. You'll always be better than FLCL as long as he uses Gurdurr and Rotom-S on every team.
didnt i 6-0 him with musharna when he demanded a rematch? i cant even remember :O

Always helpfully, Raseri has been my second opponent in my first Smogon Tourney (Back to the Future), in Nov 2012. Friendly, it's a pity my tme zone is too much different. Could be interesting speak more with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)