Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Smog Frog
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: GarTar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 i'm on summer break rn but i go back to school august 13th, from there I'm available from 3:45 onward until 9:00 PM but on mondays(throughout summer break as well) I am gone from 6:00-6:30
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I like mons
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: yes

my tutor was ridiculously inactive last round

Last edited:
Username: LightningLuxray
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS username is Mooga Mawile :3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Like 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM. GMT -7.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU please
Tell us a little about yourself: Someone who already has some decent knowledge of UU so it shouldn't be too hard to work with me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I have no clue what that is but sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Umm ya sure

Username: Catlover1984
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Catlover1984
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Current Timezone is EDT, probably open for mornings from 9 a.m - 12 p.m (if I'm awake), also open afternoons from 1 - 3 p.m. As I get closer to fall, I get busier, so I may become less active on the site.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU most of all, but also want to learn DPP LC and also maybe XY doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I love cats :P I've been playing Pokemon for awhile, but I've only approached competitive battling recently. I've given advice on an RMT or two, and I've had some luck in climbing the UU ladder. I also like music.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I guess, but I don't know how much I'll help...
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Depends on the time. If it gets too far into September, then no. If not, then I'll be sure to give it a try.

Why should I be tutored? Well, I have serious problems with teambuilding and metagame analysis, and my ladder progress has been rather variant, with great climbs followed by disasterous falls. However, I am willing to learn and am more than willing to take advice from the more experienced on this site. I look forward to learning about the site and the meta!

Username: Kitt 2000
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kitt 2000
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Timezone is GMT -4, or U.S. Eastern. I'm usually on daily, from about 45 minutes ago, or 10:00 my time, to midnight my time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm completely new to these forums and I have been trying to get into competitive battling for a while now, with little success. I think that my teambuilding strategy is bad, and my strong point is guessing what the opponent might do, but I often overthink it by thinking what they should do to counter my counter, and I end up using Earthquake instead of Stone Edge on a Talonflame, leading to my demise.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't know what that is... but sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Why not, if I'm going against people of my level.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.: I covered most of it above, but I need help for my guild and tournaments on my home site, Serebii. I don't want to let my friends down.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Username: GlassGlaceon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 usually whenever
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Smogon Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I was good at dubs awhile ago but now am trash fix pls. I beat laga in BW2 and in XY with an archeops so I used to run the place but idk now I can't beat anyone soo :[
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: idk I guess
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: nah I'd trash the competition

user Mizuhime agreed to brush me up

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Arikado
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arikado
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +3 GMT, available pretty much all night starting from 4 pm GMT (7 pm my time)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU, DPP OU, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've joined the competitive scene (and smogon) in the middle of 2010, and have been playing all the way up until the middle of BW1 when I quit because BW was such a shit tier (and game, in general) in literally everything. Came back towards the end of BW2 (at around june last year) and I'm still here. While I got a bit experienced with DPP OU, I was still not very experienced in competitive Pokemon in general, at least not like I am now. I also forgot most of the tier, so that's why I'm willing to learn again. I played DPP UU a bit but never really got into it. I feel like DPP OU is the best metagame yet, because of how balanced it was, and also because I liked the lead metagame better than team preview. Onto talking about myself, I'm from Kuwait (gulf, middle east), recently graduated high school and got accepted for a scholarship to study abroad in Ireland, and I'll hopefully be moving in the upcoming couple of months. I'm passionate about video game and I love cats.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure, whatever that means
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: no

Username: Lord Ninjax
PS/PO Username: Lord Ninjax
Timezone and usual hours: GMT +5:30, usually 6-10 in the evenings, preferred Thursday-Sunday though I can make any day if need be
Tier to learn: DPP OU/XY RU/ADV OU
A little about myself: I'm 15, a high school student in New Delhi, I play Basketball, Chess, and the piano, plus I'm the top Math, Science, and History student at school. I got into the competitive scene in late 2012, playing BW OU and Ubers, and I transitioned to XY still playing both, though recently I switched my main tier to ADV OU. DPP is another tier I'd like to pick up, mainly because I've heard it's similar to ADV in that pretty much any playstyle goes, and my all time favorite mon Lucario is at peak dominance in DPP (plus I want to know the tier for Smogon Tour 18). RU again because again I've heard that BW RU 'has a great level of diversity and nothing is obscenely broken', so seeing as XY RU looks similar I guess I want to get into it, as anyways I want to learn the lower tiers and RU looks like a great place to start. ADV I already know, but I would appreciate help with Teambuilding, since I go through artists block (no ideas), perfectionist syndrome (mentally overmagnifying flaws), and a lack of Teambuilding guidelines (can't find any good or solid recipes for an ADV Team), though I would prefer learning the other two, ADV is my 3rd choice.
Tutee Talks: Sure
Tutee Tournament: Sure, XY OU I put a lot of time into and I like tournaments a lot.

I got skipped rounds 82-84, missed rounds 85 and 86, just in case it matters at all.

Last edited:
Username: DTHaseo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kyokusho

Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5/ US Central Standard Time. Usually available after 5pm on the weekdays, and weekends are usually all day(as long as I'm not out).

What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, and VGC

Tell us a little about yourself: I just finished up a Pharm. Tech certification, but decided to go into law enforcement instead(I know, big swap, but hey I like it). Hoping to eventually set myself up well with in a crime lab, or possibly another division within my state. Outside of that though, just your average guy that enjoys some shenanigans, (and pokemon), to help keep occupied. been playing pokemon for years at this point, but drop out of the competitive scene going on 3 years now. XY peaked my interest again so I've attempted to comeback into the competitive aspect with hopes of hitting up tournaments in some of my spare time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most def.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: BIG TIME INTERESTED!!!

Edit: Just read Plus' post about VGC. NICE! Glad you guys do VGC!

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 and er 3pm-1am on most days.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a psyche major. I'm an angel. I'm terrible at non ubers/doubles so yeah :(
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Reactions: Nog
Username:Timeneon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Hi im Time
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +7 free almost everyday just ask
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Going to be a college freshman this year, looking to go into a medical field in the future.I play League, watch movies, play video games. Played a bit of XY OU but still lost in the meta, would like to learn more about teambuilding and what works and what doesn't in XY OU. Had some experience climbing ladder through league and playing a bit of 4th gen and 5th gen, had a hiatus and stopped playing OU for a while, would like to climb higher this time. Used to have a wifi shop here but can't keep up with the gens haha

Tldr: Would like to learn XY OU team building, climb harder and higher, would like to make a new friend and contribute to smogon

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:Yes

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
I should be tutored as i want to learn more about the XY OU meta and become a more seasoned battler, through that i would like to get a chance to contribute a little more to the site once i get more knowledge of the XY OU metagame. I would like to learn a way in making effective teams to carry me through the ladder. Lost a few friends on pokemon but i don't care and would like to make some new ones :)

Last edited:

Blizzard

@ NeverMeltIce
Username: Blizzard
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pkblizzard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5.5, usually available evenings almost everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU, XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: i've been playing competitively for quite some time, and i'd like to get even better at RU than i am right now, (for future tournaments, participation in the forums and stuff). Got lots of free time as of now. That, coupled with some prior knowledge shouldn't make me a bad tutee :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: No

Username: Aquasition
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aqua's Swirlix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 0 (GMT-5)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel like I have lost my touch at gen 6 ubers, so I want to be able to get better again. mainly for the gengarite suspect test
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I can try
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: no thanks

DeBlois

Banned deucer.
Username: Deblois
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Deblois
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 6pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I work full time at the moment, but I am starting Uni in October, hopefully that will give me more free time then work does! I'm pretty chill and accept any suggestions. I can play DPP not badly, but still getting to grips with XY and looking to improve. Been playing In-Game since RBY.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: I plan on winning it!
A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm looking to learn and become a good tour battler, joining all the major events like WCOP, SPL, Smogon Frontier etc. If I'm accepted, this will hopefully be a great start to entering all those! :)

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Bean
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bean
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 Pretty much all day but specifically evenings.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon "competitively" on PS for about a year now and while I'm a reasonably competent battler I would love to learn how to play at a high(er) level. I'm also a driver mod on PS. I would have replied earlier to this but I'm currently in Ireland with absolutely no internet. I'll be back to full activity on thursday.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

In the past Valentine has said he'll tutor me in OU. I don't know if the offer still stands but I would be more than happy to do that!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, this was a huge turnout, and I'm sorry that we're ridiculously short on OU tutors (so much so that most people on the first page couldn't even get a tutor). If any tutors are reading this and feel that they are proficient enough at OU please help us out here, we have a lot of older gen tutors but I had to pull some last minute strings to ensure that everybody who got skipped last round that requested OU received a tutor. Also, tutors who have been on hiatus for a while: please consider coming back soon, there are a ton of people who want OU tutors and there's not enough supply.

If you are a tutor that has two tutees, it is either because you talked to me beforehand or you mutually agreed to tutor somebody (I cover most of this stuff within the TT thread) Yes, it's a little bit more work, so I'll just start by saying that the tutees shouldn't expect too much in terms of activity, and that tutors try their best to make everything work out so you at least have 2-3 sessions with each tutee. Just try your best to make it work, making pairings was really tough considering how many inactive tutors there were last round (meaning that a ton of people got priority). If you don't have any extra time to spare, consider doing stuff like tutoring both people at the same time in a group convo or something.

So yeah, sorry to most of the people who requested OU, hope this is a message to any prospective tutors out there that we are indeed looking for OU tutors. PM me, Limitless, and Ojama with your forum references and ladder / tournament credentials so we can get more people on board.

CalloflochieVenom1992 - UU
namehtmasskrelp kings - UU
Aenonar - JudgeMasterCid - Ubers
Caledrith - Ununhexium - LC
Soulgazer - Blitzamirin - NU
Champion Fizz - Lvcrft - LC
YaguraJustintown11 - LC
Lord Alphose - Aeno - NU
ReverbJin White - OU
NogInevitability + DarkOwl - OU
Fakes - -Clone- - BW OU
Steve Angello - Angeela - Ubers
DiceSmog Frog - OU
HollywoodLost Soul - NU
Ace Emerald - Night Wolf - VGC
Audiosurfer - Seismitoad - Doubles
Jio - DTHaseo - VGC
Human - TheGreatNicky - VGC
King UURob. - UU
Valentine - Bean + Bedlington - OU
macle - Christoph - LC
Cherub AgentExeggutorial - RU
Goddess BriyellaAlexandrine - LC
EonX - The Bravest Bird - RU
Edgarthe poke sweeper - Ubers
Jirachee - Enki + Memoric - DPP / OU
Mizuhime - GlassGlaceon + LzrGunPewPew - Doubles
Laga - ShibaWiz - Doubles
ReymedyGianluca90 - OU
PDCRepeater1947 - OU
King - Awesomeceus - OU
MolkEnerG218 + Sunny. - RU
Funkasaurus - KarateKoala - DPP
BKC - Terraquaza - DPP
ShootingStarmieAGuyWithPants - OU
PlusMondVirgil - OU
Nova - BuckMuligan - OU
Pwnemon13ulbasaur - Doubles
Zebraiken - CrushinDefeat - NU
X5Dragon - Frenzyed - OU
Subject 18 - Ketsu - OU
TGMD - Alcom1 - OU

Thanks for everyone who signed up, and if you got skipped this round, always remember that you will get priority in selection for the next round that you sign up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)