2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not be very good on the pitch but in the dressing room he will have immense influence.

Chambers £16M, Toni Kroos £20M... No don't even dare to talk about contractual differences.

He will also cost a bit more than twice the price of Azpi..

English players are heavily overpriced. Chambers isn't worth 16m, Shaw isn't worth 30m, Lallana isn't worth 25m, etc. Though I have to say, Kroos for 20m is an absolute bargain.

The world has gone a bit mad unfortunately. But I guess he's the up-and-comer who usurped Clyne who was an up-and-comer so he must be decent. The real bargain is Targett who has snuck up quietly behind Shaw and might get his chance now this season.

Yep Targett tale is brilliant. He was the one who was going to be played not Shaw, then Targett got injured and Shaw managed to take his chance. From the Southampton coaches Targett is rated much higher. Personally I think Southampton will manage more points this season than the last.

Kroos only cost less than Lallana because his deal was up in one year.

Psg and Madrid have agreed on 65 mil but PSG will have to sell at least one among Pastore, Lavezzi and Cavani before announcing Di Maria.
Di maria going to be on 8 mil a year.

Madrid are going to have to convince Khedira to sign an extension to his current contract which has 1 year left.

This has nothing to do with James joining. Di maria wanted more money but madrid didn't want to give him the pay rise.
Psg are getting a world class player and Madrid are getting a lot of money for him.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Lewandowski prioving why he's the best player in the world

...ok not really, but man that guy is good. and for free! rip bundesliga.

Lewandowski is easily in the top 3 striker atm

Got to watch chelsea's friendly today.
Costa scoring and played well in general.
Fabregas looked sharp. Played in the pivot beside Matic and played well. Assisted Costa for a good goal.
The 433 used in the second half was interesting and I hope it is used a lot in the upcoming season.
Zouma has a had a good preseason. I hope that he learns from Terry and not Cahill.

If Fabregas played beside Matic then who played closest to Costa? Just wondering how Mourinho is setting his team up.
It was 4231 in the first half with Jeremie Boga behind him. Salah on the right with another young player(Isaiah Brown) on the other side.
He switched to the 433 in the second half with van ginkel on coming in. Torres on the left Costa through the middle and Salah on the right.

Do you need someone to explain what overrated means? It means a player is not as good as he is hyped up to be. That can be said of most players on the planet.

I never watch Cavani myself, looked good in the CL group games i watched. I do know that he moaned about being played out wide, gets his chance up front then fails to finish a simple strikers chance vs Chelsea in a big game.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Apparently, Rémy's move to Liverpool is off after he failed the medical due to some heart condition. I wonder who they'll go after now ?

If we sign Jay Rodriguez now that would just be unbelievably horrifying.

It is sad to see that good players like Fabregas and Griezmann are going for prices we can afford, but I am still delighted with Lallana and you will be eating your words about him, he'll be great for us.

Arsenal sign Chambers for £11m + £5m add-ons, potentially making him our third most expensive signing ever after Ozil and Sanchez... 0_0

What must the dressing room be like at Southampton right about now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)