Pokébilities

Definitely Option 3. We aren't here to assign pokemon abilities, but to see what happens if they have access to all of them at once. It is also simpler to do and stays true with the original objective.

Just saw this little blurb in the OP

Melo-P and Darm-Z are usable on switchin

Now that's more like it! While regular Darm is pretty crippled by being forced into Zen Mode (bulk isn't much use when below 50% health), Darm-Z can put it to much better use, (presumably) transforming into regular Darm below 50%. This allows Darm-Z to act as a tank while healthy, with powerful STAB Sheer Force boosted Fire Blasts and Psychics, and having the bulk to actually survive hits and more reliably fall below 50% instead of being outright KO'd. Once there, Darm can use it's higher Speed and sudden switch in offensive spectrum to kamikaze the opponent with Sheer Force Flare Blitz.

Just saw this little blurb in the OP

Now that's more like it! While regular Darm is pretty crippled by being forced into Zen Mode (bulk isn't much use when below 50% health), Darm-Z can put it to much better use, (presumably) transforming into regular Darm below 50%. This allows Darm-Z to act as a tank while healthy, with powerful STAB Sheer Force boosted Fire Blasts and Psychics, and having the bulk to actually survive hits and more reliably fall below 50% instead of being outright KO'd. Once there, Darm can use it's higher Speed and sudden switch in offensive spectrum to kamikaze the opponent with Sheer Force Flare Blitz.
actually, normal darm always has just sheer force, and darm-Z has adaptability

Look at Whimsicott.
Infiltrator will let Whimsicott dish out status better than Klefki, Sableye, and the other pranksters, and in the sun Whimsicott will outspeed all the pranksters at it as well. The only thing to outspeed a 0 speed EV Whimsicott normally in the Pranksters is a 252+ Speed EV Meowstic, so Whimsicott's would-be 536 speed will dominate anything without even needing priority. It outspeeds a 252+ unboosted normal Aerodactyl, as well as a 252+ unboosted Deo-S. Anything that can outspeed Deo-S should be at least noted.

Can we all take a moment to realize how incredibly broken Exca will be on sand?

Sand Rush + Sand Force + Mold Breaker = Utter Destructions

Not sure if its been mentioned already but that's the first thing that came to mind and it sounds pretty darn rad so yeah :D

EDIT: More Cool Stuff

Arcanine w/ Flash Fire + Intimidate + Justified essentially dooms Knock Off users and is immune to a type. That's actually kinda rad

Azumarill w/ Sap Sipper + Huge Power could be a great addition to Sand to stop Water, Ice, AND Grass

Reuniclus w/ Overcoat + Magic Guard + Regenerator is the biggest anti-stall mon in the tier tbh. Immune to Sand Stall, more HP on switches, no Toxic gg

Quag w/ Unaware + Water Absorb is cool. Immunity to Water = solid CroCune answer for stall and stops setup sweepers in their tracks.

Ursurang gets Guts + Quick Feet + Unerve meaning that Facade is both fast and strong.

That's all I have for now but this tier looks to be awesome, can't wait for more!

Last edited:

Not sure if its been mentioned already but that's the first thing that came to mind and it sounds pretty darn rad so yeah :D

Arcanine w/ Flash Fire + Intimidate + Justified essentially dooms Knock Off users and is immune to a type. That's actually kinda rad

Azumarill w/ Sap Sipper + Huge Power could be a great addition to Sand to stop Water, Ice, AND Grass

Reuniclus w/ Overcoat + Magic Guard + Regenerator is the biggest anti-stall mon in the tier tbh. Immune to Sand Stall, more HP on switches, no Toxic gg

Quag w/ Unaware + Water Absorb is cool. Immunity to Water = solid CroCune answer for stall and stops setup sweepers in their tracks.

Ursurang gets Guts + Quick Feet + Unerve meaning that Facade is both fast and strong.

That's all I have for now but this tier looks to be awesome, can't wait for more!
I completely forgot about Reuniclus! that thing will be sooooooooooo useful against stall, it's even immune to powder moves (including sleep powder/spore) thanks to overcoat!

While it's very nitpicky I'd like to point out that suicune usually runs ice beam instead of water

Just wanted to point out:
252 Atk Choice Band Technician Cinccino Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 140-170 (41.9 - 50.8%) -- approx. 96.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
That is one strong Cinccino :D

technician skill link cinccino
thick fat immunity snorlax
analytic trace porygon2 (how would trace work?)
There was a big disscussion about that. On all other Trace users, there only ability will be Trace and it will copy all the opponent's abilities. P2 will get Download as well, since the stat boost from Download will still be active after Trace activates.

since this is single format and plus and minus only work in doubles, what if we made them give you +1sp.A when switching a pokemon with plus/minus out to a different pokemon with plus/minus (ex:if a minun with minus switches out to a plusle with plus, plusle gets +1 sp.A on switch-in)

since this is single format and plus and minus only work in doubles, what if we made them give you +1sp.A when switching a pokemon with plus/minus out to a different pokemon with plus/minus (ex:if a minun with minus switches out to a plusle with plus, plusle gets +1 sp.A on switch-in)
The only changes other than weather that happened in this meta are to prevent pokemon from getting nerfed/keep the meta from breaking so no(cool idea tho)

After quite a bit of fiddling and a lot help from Piccolo Daimao I figured out a way to combine the abilities. I went into the data/abilities.js and created a combination of the abilities intimidate and moxie and applied it to gyarados(I know it can work for salamance too) by manually changing its ability in the import/export screen. I will work on the other pokes and post again when I finish Gen 1 or run into a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)