I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this.

Does SSBM suck?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, JK it sucks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely HATE Super Smash Bros Melee. I hate how much competitive fighting game fans worship it. I hate how everyone says Melee is better than the best Super Smash Bros game, Brawl. You know who else hates Melee? MASAHIRO SAKURAI! (thank you TV Tropes for that information) Brawl is miles better than Melee. Project M ruins Brawls name with Melee style stuff. You're not a real fan if you like Melee, because Sakurai hates Melee.

If you want to know how I found out that Sakurai hates Melee? Tv Tropes says that in the "Creator Backlash" page.
EDIT: The second "Yes" option is supposed to say "Yes, and so does Project M". I'm really stupid sometimes.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Muh wavedash
Muh hitstun
Muh combos
Muh fast-paced
Muh "more competitive"
Muh carpel tunnel
Muh tripping (though tripping is fucking awful)

I guess I prefer the defensive game rather than mashing combos, but I can't to this day get why people despise brawl so much. It's like the difference between RSE and DPP, if you don't prefer it, cool, but that doesn't mean it's total trash, especially when it was specifically designed by the creator to go against your wishes. It's kind of funny that people actually say sakurai only took out some "advanced techniques" because he can't play the game anymore.

Ironically, when my friends and I want a chaotic game with items on, we pick melee, and when we're more serious, it's usually brawl. Project M is really fun, though, but mostly for the balancing changes. I don't get why you should have to play a quick time event with the L button every time you touch the ground to get a competitive advantage, though.

Neither one is a real fighting game and you nerds have been having this same fight for like 8 years now.

Edit: yeah and please don't use tvtropes as a source for anything ever again

Last edited:

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
You're right, you are going to get a lot of hate for this. Personally, I couldn't give less of a shit what Sakurai thinks of Melee, I still love the game. Did it have problems? Yes. Is it as balanced as some of the hardcore competitive people may claim? Three words: Fox and Falco. Does this mean it's a bad game? Hell no.
Neither one is a real fighting game and you nerds have been having this same fight for like 8 years now.
What would you define as a "fighting game", then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)