XY OU MY REGENERATOR-STALL TEAM

Hi guys, I need some advices about my regenerator-stall team (in 3ds and without poke bank :P)...what do you think about this? Thanks :)
  1. Slowbro (F) Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Slack off
    - Flamethrought/calm mind
The leader of my team, with the role to counter physical damage thanks to the EV in PS and Def and to use Slack off to resume life in dirty situations...then just pick it up and thanks to his ability regenerates third of his maximum health, so it's really difficult to break :P Other moves like Scald, psyshock and flametrought are as coverage, but I'm undecided whether to keep these or make some change, for ex. Calm Mind instead of flamethrought.
  1. Skarmory (F) Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth rock
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Brave Bird
Skarmory has two main tasks: he is the main physical wall of the team and puts the SR and in the meantime use whirlwind to inflict damage with SR. I like then Roost + Rocky helmet, so skarmory can be cured after receiving damage, but at the same time having damaged opponent physical sweepers. (I cant have Defog because of no poke bank)

1. Venusaur (F) @Venusaurite
    Trait: Overgrow
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed
    - Synthesis
My mega pokemon! He is really bulky and takes a lot of attacks, and can wall with seeds + synthesis a lot of time, then have 2 STAB moves: giga drain and sludge bomb. Ah, I love his ability Thick Fat, so he is a great defender against fire that could damage my Skarmory.
  1. Chansey (F) @Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic
The classic and powerful special wall with her typical moveset ... I'm only a little undecided on the distribution of Ev (Bold with 252 Def and 252 SDef or 248 HP and 252 Def as I wrote) ...however, I think it works well.
  1. Tentacruel (M) Black Sludge
    Trait: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rapid spin
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Protect
I love this pokemon :D He solves the rapid spin problem, and with his high SDef can counter a lot of special sweeper... and moves as Toxin and Protect + Black Sludge may represent a great problem for opponent. With his ability may counter Megavenusaur and ferrothorn if they set leech-seed on you and can tank a lot of special hits.
  1. Gliscor (F) Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - EQ
    - Toxic
Classic Gliscor with a moveset for stall breaking and annoying: all his moves and Poison Heal + toxic orb constitute a set in order to oppose the most powerful phisical sweeper. EQ is useful against aegislash, Excadrill and heatran for example. It will be a problem retrieving the object to make it evolve from "Exam House" :P

...So what do you think about my team? I hope to make a competitive stall team... I waiting for your advices guys! Thanks a lot :D

Hi there, gay nice stall team ^^

First off, there's really no reason to run any hp on chansey, especially when don't even use wish, thunder wave is also really nice on chansey, as it will completely cripple the opponent for the rest of the match.

Chaensey
Chansey (F) @Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef/ 4 spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic/ thunder wave

As for tentacruel, I would run toxic spikes > toxic, as this will ease gliscors job a lot, or force the opponent to spin/defog.

Tentacruel
Tentacruel (M) Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid spin
- Scald
- Toxic spikes
- Protect

Finally, as stall use to switch around a lot, a cm set for slowbro is suboptimal, and flamethrower is not that good either, I would suggest running toxic or twave instead (not the same as you use on chansey I believe is the best ^^)

Slowbro
Slowbro (F) Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack off
- Thunder wave/toxic

Finally, you have a bad matchup against stall, and I would suggest running some kind of stall breaker, heatran can do that very well, and also form a amassing core w/ m venu, but you can decide for yourself if you have anything that you can switch out... Gliscor can also run a stall breaker set, but it will still not fulfill the same role as your own

Heatran
Heatran (F) Leftovers
Trait: Flash fire
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Spd / 218 spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- will-o-wisp
- Lava plume
- Stealth rock

Gliscor
Gliscor (F) Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Spd / 76 spe
Imbish Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Hope it helped ^^

Last edited:
Minor adjustment: You seem to be reducing HP EVs to 248 to lower hazard dmg :toast:, but that only works when the actual HP number is divisible by the denominator of the fraction of HP lost in damage. Off the top of my head, I know Slowbro & Tentacruel would be better off against SR with 252 HP EVs.

& I strongly agree with the T-Wave/Toxic Spikes changes the first dude mentioned, 3 Toxic users works but not as well as variety.

So slowbro with Thunder wave and tentacruel with toxic spikes and 252 HP 252 DEf/SDef? and what about skarmory and venusaur? (I' cant obtain heatran with SR on 3ds, so I wouldnt use it...)

Other changes? Heatran no because i dont have SR D:
You already DO have a stealth rocker, so you could use another move over it, earth power for other heatrans, stone edge to talon/zard or maybe hp ice for gliscor etc. but the gliscor set also works fine as a stall breaker ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)