Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

I glanced over that article and it does indeed explain the need of power, bulk and right "support" moves(coverage, knock off, giga drain and dragon tail variants).
Regirock, if it only had more attack, would be perfect.
Eh, I think of something. Only using Standard stuff is boring after all, and hidden gems are everywhere :) Bouffalant might be worth using because it has bulky stats and strong attacking options(no knock off etc. though)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I glanced over that article and it does indeed explain the need of power, bulk and right "support" moves(coverage, knock off, giga drain and dragon tail variants).
Regirock, if it only had more attack, would be perfect.
Eh, I think of something. Only using Standard stuff is boring after all, and hidden gems are everywhere :) Bouffalant might be worth using because it has bulky stats and strong attacking options(no knock off etc. though)
While Bouffalant definitely has the bulk and Attack stat, it lacks one key factor: useful resistances to common special attack types. The best AV users in RU generally have this going for them (think Slowking, Druddigon, Escavalier) while the next best two (Gallade and Eelektross) have moves that deal damage and recover HP at the same time to make up for their general lack of resistances to common special attacks.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As far as AV goes on a whole I think that it is a decent item for a lot of pokes but only a truly great item for a few pokes. Example like JMcFizz said how Amoongus can be decent with an AV but its supporting role far outweighs its AV role. I also think that Regirock with AV is outclassed by the support version of Regirock. And while Regirock does a good job of stopping Yanmega it sort of fails offensively against a bunch of other pokemon. Its best role is as a mon that can set up rocks and spread twave support.

252+ Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 90-106 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 206-246 (56.5 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Doublade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 276-326 (75.8 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Doublade can either SD on the switch or it can take 2 EQs and SD on the first one)
+2 252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 69-82 (18.9 - 22.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Regirock Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 94-112 (29.1 - 34.7%) -- 8% chance to 3HKO

I dont get it, how is quadraple SR weak pokemon in a Metagame wuth the possibility of Assault Vest broken?? I really want to see a sample RU team with Yanmega, because it confuses me so much

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I dont get it, how is quadraple SR weak pokemon in a Metagame wuth the possibility of Assault Vest broken?? I really want to see a sample RU team with Yanmega, because it confuses me so much
Most AV pokemon get 2HKOed by SpecsMega even if you resist the hit thanks to Tinted Lens and Speed Boost sets are near imposibble to revenge kill thanks to a x4 resistance to mach punch (the most common prioirty move in RU) and can play mind games with Sucker punch. The x4 weakness to SR is his main downfall but Yanmega has good synergy with most spinners like Hitmonlee and decent one with defogers like Gligar. In conclusion, nothing wants to take a hit from SpecsMega (the best set imo) unless your name is Registeel (or random crap like Togetic)

Doing a team with Yanmega is pretty easy: hazard removal is mandatory so Yanmga can switch more than 2 times also Dugtrio support works great because he can trap Yanmega's public enemy (Registeel) and smack him with a STAB E-que. Electric types like Jolteon also work because they can kill Golbat and Togetic (the next best Yanmega counters) with their STAB moves.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is an example team, though I haven't played with it and am not sure how well it works exactly, it looks p solid. Defog and Rapid Spin are obviously mandatory support for Yanmega, and between Shiftry / Hitmonlee / Gligar as well as some other Pokemon hazard removal is pretty doable in the current metagame. As for the Assault Vest comment, there are only a couple "good" users of Assault Vest, and none of them are particularly good at countering Yanmega (The best AV users being Slowking, Druddigon, and Escavalier). Your best bet for dealing with Yanmega is picking from either Registeel or SpD Aromatisse, though both SpD Golbat and SpD Togetic are also capable, none of which can run AV effectively, which is fine, because AV mons are very easily worn down. There aren't really very many good offensive answers to Yanmega, as the Tinted Lens Specs set is impossible for offensive mons to switch into, and Speed Boost just wrecks late game.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Yanmega Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Bouffalant: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
yep, proof to me to give it ashot. It is also immune to Boomburst

If Mach Punch is common and Ice Shard isn't, I might try an Ice Sharder or Acrobatics*(da burd)

The sample provided with Shiftry and Rhyperior is quite interesting. Although a strong water type with Ice Beam would be strong against(although the high amount of priority might fix that...in general a good team)

Mew2

Sex is overrated
252+ SpA Choice Specs Yanmega Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Bouffalant: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

If Mach Punch is common and Ice Shard isn't, I might try an Ice Sharder or Acrobatics*(da burd)

The sample provided with Shiftry and Rhyperior is quite interesting. Although a strong water type with Ice Beam would be strong against(although the high amount of priority might fix that...in general a good team)
AV Bouffalant lacks recovery and is slower than Yanmega so while Yanmega can't beat Bouffalant 1 vs 1 Mr. Bull will get weakenned after repeated Air Slashes.

None of the pokemon who learns Ice Shard can switch directly into SpecsMega (252+ SpA Choice Specs Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Abomasnow: 428-506 (111.4 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO) and even if they do Ice Shard is a weak move that won't kill Yanmega if he is at full health (4 Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 126-150 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after hail damage). I guess Fletchinder could work but even this thing gets OHKOed by SpecsMega if SR are on the field (252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 188-222 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

EDIT: Can anyone give me the AV drudi set? I have never used it.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The problem for Bouffalant is that it lacks recovery. It has a single switch-in with Stealth Rock. What really makes Tinted Lens Yanmega potent is that Choice Band Dugtrio is able to take out its best two counters (Registeel and SpD Aromatisse) with ease if Yanmega predicts their switch-in with U-turn (and that switch can be seen 5 miles away tbh)

Mew2 the AV Druddigon set is this one:

BROKEN (Druddigon) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

Taken straight from my RMT here Some may run extra Speed and / or Iron Tail over Gunk Shot.

I have a question about Cinccino and Gastrodon, I have a 5IV Jolly Minccino with Skill Link and I was wondering if I should directly evolve it into Cinccino at lv 1, and about Shellos/Gastrodon (5IV Storm Drain Bold Nature), I need him to learn earth power but it seems that It's not an eggmove nor a learnable skill for him even when leveling up. I searched at bulbapedia and it says that he can learn it via a move tutor but the move tutors only learn the elemental pledges and draco meteor. What do I do? :o

I have a question about Cinccino and Gastrodon, I have a 5IV Jolly Minccino with Skill Link and I was wondering if I should directly evolve it into Cinccino at lv 1, and about Shellos/Gastrodon (5IV Storm Drain Bold Nature), I need him to learn earth power but it seems that It's not an eggmove nor a learnable skill for him even when leveling up. I searched at bulbapedia and it says that he can learn it via a move tutor but the move tutors only learn the elemental pledges and draco meteor. What do I do? :o
For Cincinno it should be alright to evolve it at level 1. If you evolve it at level 1 it will learn Rock Blast, Bullet Seed and Tail Slap right away while U-Turn is a TM so there is your Cincinno moveset.

For Gastrodon Earth Power is a BW 2 move tutor move so you can't get them in XY. The best way to solve this problem is just to run Earthquake over Earth Power which has similar damage output and is easier to get.

Edit: Arikado my name is Durant now not Snotjoch.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well you can't really get Earth Power right now without the 5th gen move tutor so yeah.

As for Cinccino, you can evolve it at level 1 since it gets the 3 important moves it usually has (Rock Blast, Tail Start, Bullet Seed) at Start anyway so yeah. If you want specific moves like Wake-Up Slap then level up Minccino until 37 to learn it, then evolve.

edit: fuckgoddammit Snotjoch.

Well you can't really get Earth Power right now without the 5th gen move tutor so yeah.

As for Cinccino, you can evolve it at level 1 since it gets the 3 important moves it usually has (Rock Blast, Tail Start, Bullet Seed) at Start anyway so yeah. If you want specific moves like Wake-Up Slap then level up Minccino until 37 to learn it, then evolve.

edit: fuckgoddammit Snotjoch.
Oh I see, thanks ^^. What would be a good replacement for Earth power? since my gastrodon has bold nature which hinders attack so I guess earthquake isn't an option...

Oh I see, thanks ^^. What would be a good replacement for Earth power? since my gastrodon has bold nature which hinders attack so I guess earthquake isn't an option...
Well if you have a Bold nature and don't have acces to the BW2 move tutors it could be best to maybe forgo Ground STAB for Ice Beam. Losing Earth Power / Earthquake is annoying but you could always wait for the ORAS move tutors.

Well if you have a Bold nature and don't have acces to the BW2 move tutors it could be best to maybe forgo Ground STAB for Ice Beam. Losing Earth Power / Earthquake is annoying but you could always wait for the ORAS move tutors.
Oh I see that's too bad :/, unless I need to breed another shellos again but with relaxed nature. I guess I could replace earth power with ice beam for a while

Btw, about AV Bouffalant and my Ice Sharder, Piloswine

both are really good in RU. If you need a Yanmega check, run AV Bouffalant. It won't dissappoint because it also checks Boomburst. Piloswine in general is amazing because it has ice/electric resists, can Stealth Rock and has Ice Shard

I only say this because I had a feeling people have great problem with Yanmega in RU

Mew2

Sex is overrated
Or we could just ban Yanmega instead of running stuff like AV Bouffalant seriously when is Yanmega getting a test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)