Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't I use surf on Raichu?
Pikachu cannot learn Surf in generation 6, as Surf is a HM move and cannot be transfered. You can't get surf Raichu for similar reasons.
Actually surfing Pikachu have been given out via certain pre-XY events (it can't just learn it through HM), but iirc I don't think they can get through Pokebank. But, I also remember reading somewhere that there will be a surf Pikachu event coming up for Gen VI, so soon it will be legal.

Actually surfing Pikachu have been given out via certain pre-XY events (it can't just learn it through HM), but iirc I don't think they can get through Pokebank. But, I also remember reading somewhere that there will be a surf Pikachu event coming up for Gen VI, so soon it will be legal.
Actually, it can be sent through Pokebank. It can't be sent from IV to V though, and there isn't a Surf Pikachu event in V.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a translation-project in the making or isn't it on the to-do-list?
Translation project for what? If you mean names of Pokemon, moves, abilities, etc. in battles and Teambuilder, I'd assume that would be a difficult project.

Alright, how about this:

So, I've sent in a request for a private room for Showdown, so me and a few friends can play together. And so far, it has been a day since I sent it

My question: How long do these things usually take before I get an answer from them about it?

Alright, how about this:

So, I've sent in a request for a private room for Showdown, so me and a few friends can play together. And so far, it has been a day since I sent it

My question: How long do these things usually take before I get an answer from them about it?
I noticed you only have 1 post so I'll assume you didn't suggest it on Smogon. If this is correct try suggesting it here, you'll get much faster replies.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, how about this:

If you're making a request for a private room for you and your friends, its probably not going to be approved. you can always use something like Skype or IRC.

Occasionally when I try to play on Showdown it says "Only Guests" in the sidebar where the room's occupants are located. My name appears logged in, but i don't understand why this is occuring. I can interact with people on the chat, but it's quite frustrating not seeing who's in the room. Any fixes? I am most definitely logged in, because my name appears on the upper right. I have never been banned or have received any disciplinary actions toward me (e.g. muting, warnings). I normally play on the downloadable version for Windows. I have also tried playing on the web client version using both the Google Chrome and Firefox engines, but the same problems occur there as well.
This was brought up a few pages ago, and I'm having the same problem, anyone knows what i can do?

Is it still down for you guys? If not, how come the message "Couldn't connect to server" has been popping up all day?

hello, i'm relatively new (as you can tell). On the Pokemon showdown battling simulator, how do you check previous PM's? Is there anyway you can? thanks to anyone that helps me :)

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hello, i'm relatively new (as you can tell). On the Pokemon showdown battling simulator, how do you check previous PM's? Is there anyway you can? thanks to anyone that helps me :)
Sorry, even the server logs don't have records of PMs. If you haven't refreshed or the server hasn't restarted, it isn't too late to check your PMs by clicking chat with the person you PMed. But if so, then it's gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)