Your Breeding/Catching Wins

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Catching a Timid 31/31/31/31/13/31 Xerneas in X on my 2nd catch attempt to RNG. Wished the Sp Def IV was a little higher though.

Also hatching 31/xx/27/31/31/31 Shiny Litwick in <30 eggs and 31/31/29/xx/31/31 Shiny Mawile in <90 eggs. Within 2 days. I like my X/Y luck.

*inset 450 curse words of your choice here* YESSS!! After a day and a half of random wild encounters in someone that I friended to trade with them on here's friend safari I GOT A SHINY FROGADIER!!!.....and I used a dive ball instead of some black colored ball... FML BUT YESSSSS!!!!! THREE SHINY POKEMON IN A MONTH AND ALL FROM WILD GRASS ENCOUNTERS!!!! WHOOOO!!!

And this is why a LVL 71 jolly breloom with spore, protect, false swipe and foresight is awesome!

Oh, and did I mention the frogadier has protean?

Last edited:
This is not a catching win on my part, but I got a lv 3 Pikachu via Wondertrade. It is adamant and Jerry(her OT) might not miss it.
But it has freaking 31 IV in HP, SpA and Speed and to top it of it has 0 IV in Defense! Well Jerry, better check your wonder trade fodder before sending it away :P

This is not a catching win on my part, but I got a lv 3 Pikachu via Wondertrade. It is adamant and Jerry(her OT) might not miss it.
But it has freaking 31 IV in HP, SpA and Speed and to top it of it has 0 IV in Defense! Well Jerry, better check your wonder trade fodder before sending it away :P
How is a 0 iv in defence good?
But wow, that is very lucky.

Would Soft Resetting count? No? Eh I'll talk about it anyway ^_^
So I heard about the Fancy Vivlion while my 3 DS wasn't connecting to the interest, and I decided to SR the thing. No real reason apart from having the satisfaction since I already had a competitive Vivilion in my box (Tho the Fancy one is better than my native one (Garden) IMO)
So a couple of hours passed, eventually I got a 31 speed iv with a Modest nature, I decided to check the rest of its IVs via calc and this happened:
IVs:13-14/26-29/18-19/25-26/20-21/31
That happened. Pretty good IMO ^_^
(sure it had Shield Dust, but god forbid I was giving THIS up)

Okay, onto a breeding project of mine:
I recently got my hands on a Female Safari Ball Pichu via Wonder Trade. Being the insane mad aspiring breeder that I am, I decided to see if I could get a Flawless HP Ice Pichu with Volt Tackle and Fake Out. Inevitable rage ensured. When I WASNT evolving the godamn Pichu, I was running around Luminose hatching eggs and seeing crap IVs :/
Several hours later, I finally, FINALLY got a flawless HP Ice Pichu... It was Jolly. So I continued with my excellent parent Pikachu and Frosty the Ditto (Provided by .com) and eventually popped out a Flawless HP Ice LONELY Pichu. Which is a good thing (twitches)
I'm not ready to divulge into my shiny breeding experiences yet, maybe another day.

Would Soft Resetting count? No? Eh I'll talk about it anyway ^_^
So I heard about the Fancy Vivlion while my 3 DS wasn't connecting to the interest, and I decided to SR the thing. No real reason apart from having the satisfaction since I already had a competitive Vivilion in my box (Tho the Fancy one is better than my native one (Garden) IMO)
So a couple of hours passed, eventually I got a 31 speed iv with a Modest nature, I decided to check the rest of its IVs via calc and this happened:
IVs:13-14/26-29/18-19/25-26/20-21/31
That happened. Pretty good IMO ^_^
(sure it had Shield Dust, but god forbid I was giving THIS up)

Okay, onto a breeding project of mine:
I recently got my hands on a Female Safari Ball Pichu via Wonder Trade. Being the insane mad aspiring breeder that I am, I decided to see if I could get a Flawless HP Ice Pichu with Volt Tackle and Fake Out. Inevitable rage ensured. When I WASNT evolving the godamn Pichu, I was running around Luminose hatching eggs and seeing crap IVs :/
Several hours later, I finally, FINALLY got a flawless HP Ice Pichu... It was Jolly. So I continued with my excellent parent Pikachu and Frosty the Ditto (Provided by .com) and eventually popped out a Flawless HP Ice LONELY Pichu. Which is a good thing (twitches)
I'm not ready to divulge into my shiny breeding experiences yet, maybe another day.
We have all been there with the pokemon that never breed right, cough cough, anylitic magnimite with 0 atk and speed ivs with a perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31 iv ditto....20-30 eggs later....I only get a 31/x/31/31/31/0 iv magnimite parent, which while awesome and usefull is still ghahh inducing....I also never hatched a single shiny magnmite after hundreds of magnimites being bred up to this point, and not a single one had 0 atk ivs WTF?

I don't even understand what you're trying to say.
Friend safaris have a 1 in 475-400something rate of encountering shiny pokemon, as opposed to the bs rate that they do anywhere else. I also try to catch shiny pokemon this way because I like shiny pokemon as they are pretty. *drool* And I like to rub it in my friend's faces because I just caught a shiny blank, in your face!!

My biggest catching win was probably trying to soft reset a mewtwo on my leafgreen. The reasons for not just catching it in 6th gen were A. I had already accidentally caught my mewtwo ;-; and B. I wanted some kick ass tutor moves on this thing. Now, soft resetting is 3rd gen is way harder than 6th gen because there are no guaranteed perfect IVs let alone 3 perfect ones, and there is no synchronizing. So, since I was aiming for either a jolly, naive, or hasty mewtwo, I only had a 3/25 shot of getting one of the natures I wantedm and the ivs were another thing >.> . So when I ended up with a 31/23-24/30/26-27/20-21/20-21 naive mewtwo on my first try, I was floored. I quickly taught that thing the moves I wanted on it and brought it up to my Y. And that's my story :].

My biggest catching win was probably trying to soft reset a mewtwo on my leafgreen. The reasons for not just catching it in 6th gen were A. I had already accidentally caught my mewtwo ;-; and B. I wanted some kick ass tutor moves on this thing. Now, soft resetting is 3rd gen is way harder than 6th gen because there are no guaranteed perfect IVs let alone 3 perfect ones, and there is no synchronizing. So, since I was aiming for either a jolly, naive, or hasty mewtwo, I only had a 3/25 shot of getting one of the natures I wantedm and the ivs were another thing >.> . So when I ended up with a 31/23-24/30/26-27/20-21/20-21 naive mewtwo on my first try, I was floored. I quickly taught that thing the moves I wanted on it and brought it up to my Y. And that's my story :].
Considering you were aiming for (among others) a Jolly nature, I was half expecting it to be transferred up to X for Mega Mewtwo X. (granted the Mewtwonite X could just be brought over into Y, but...) But that is pretty kick ass either way!

Let's see here... Breeding Darumaka for egg moves, I used a 2IV Ditto and my 5IV Darmanitan which I made remember Hammer Arm to pass down. (I can put Taunt back on it later, it's pretty close to the top of the TM list) Now, Darmanitan is Jolly, but I wasn't too caring of nature at this time so I had left the Everstone off. The first Darumaka I get ends up with 4IV's and Adamant. Another ends up with the Rash nature, but all 5 IV's Darmanitan was packing carried through. Then I used this one with a level 40 Dunsparce, again with no Everstone. One of them again passes down all 5 IV's from Darumaka albeit with the Timid nature. I should mention that Dunsparce was just a random one I caught during my playthrough, and had no IV's whatsoever. I was kind of shocked at this.

Considering you were aiming for (among others) a Jolly nature, I was half expecting it to be transferred up to X for Mega Mewtwo X. (granted the Mewtwonite X could just be brought over into Y, but...) But that is pretty kick ass either way!

Let's see here... Breeding Darumaka for egg moves, I used a 2IV Ditto and my 5IV Darmanitan which I made remember Hammer Arm to pass down. (I can put Taunt back on it later, it's pretty close to the top of the TM list) Now, Darmanitan is Jolly, but I wasn't too caring of nature at this time so I had left the Everstone off. The first Darumaka I get ends up with 4IV's and Adamant. Another ends up with the Rash nature, but all 5 IV's Darmanitan was packing carried through. Then I used this one with a level 40 Dunsparce, again with no Everstone. One of them again passes down all 5 IV's from Darumaka albeit with the Timid nature. I should mention that Dunsparce was just a random one I caught during my playthrough, and had no IV's whatsoever. I was kind of shocked at this.
Just did the math via the destiny knot calculator you had a 2.6042% chance of getting that egg with the 5 ivs from the first egg..HOLY CRAP!

Also, yesterday I was friend safari shiny grinding (the friend safari has a 1 in 475 or so chance of having a shiny in it, so it's way better than the you're never going to hatch shinies using this method for ten years method mesuda method) while away from wifi....and I CAUGHT A SHINY CHARMELEON! I'm still looking for someone to clone it, it may have shit ivs (2) and blaze BUT IT'S AN EFFING SHINY CHARMELEON!

Also, thanks to Sakuretsu I finally got a 31/0/31/31/31/0 IV quiet ditto, so I can finally breed the PERFECT anylitic magnimite and BE DONE WITH IT...until I have to deal with having people clone it 6+times for me.
Thank you so much for RNGing the ditto, I could not have been able to breed the magnimite while still sane. Well I still have yet to breed it, but you get the idea, THANK YOU!!

Last edited:
Just did the math via the destiny knot calculator you had a 2.6042% chance of getting that egg with the 5 ivs from the first egg..HOLY CRAP!

Also, yesterday I was friend safari shiny grinding (the friend safari has a 1 in 475 or so chance of having a shiny in it, so it's way better than the you're never going to hatch shinies using this method for ten years method mesuda method) while away from wifi....and I CAUGHT A SHINY CHARMELEON! I'm still looking for someone to clone it, it may have shit ivs (2) and blaze BUT IT'S AN EFFING SHINY CHARMELEON!

Also, thanks to Sakuretsu I finally got a 31/0/31/31/31/0 IV quiet ditto, so I can finally breed the PERFECT anylitic magnimite and BE DONE WITH IT...until I have to deal with having people clone it 6+times for me.
Thank you so much for RNGing the ditto, I could not have been able to breed the magnimite while still sane. Well I still have yet to breed it, but you get the idea, THANK YOU!!
Well considering most would wait to breed the perfect Charmander for either Mega Evolution, reset and take that egg again, then find its shiny value along with several other eggs and have someone with a matching TSV hatch it for them...I'm not that surprised that few are interested in cloning your shiny Charmeleon. I'm sure your perfect Analytic Magnemite will have an easier time finding people willing to clone it.

Also, my Limebat respectfully disagrees with your assessment of the Masuda method. I would have preferred its Attack and Sp. Atk stats to have been swapped from where they ended up, but it's extremely helpful for 31/X/31/31/31/31 Flying egg group spreads like Noivern.

Now, something that I'm going to charitably call a catching win: catching Skarmory. In a Heavy Ball. (more like 20+ wasted ones before capture) At just a tad over 111 lbs, Skarmory is far lighter than Heavy Ball's cutoff point for at least not affecting the catch rate, thus Heavy Ball treats its already kind of low catch rate of 25 as 5. Just slightly better than the typical legendary Pokemon. And of course I forgot to bring along a Pokemon with a sleep inducing move. I'm going to be using the metal bird to pass its ball down to my future Stealth Rock Skarmory in X.

I think I just got an anti win...
Parents
X/0/31/31/31/0 quiet anylitic magnimite holding an everstone
31/0/31/31/31/0 iv ditto holding a destiny knot.
Goal 31/0/31/31/31/0 quiet anylitic magnimite.

I have a one in 68 something chance of getting the goal... You know what I just got? A 31/0/31/0/31/0 iv anylitic quiet magnimite... WTF!???!!!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I just got an anti win...
Parents
X/0/31/31/31/0 quiet anylitic magnimite holding an everstone
31/0/31/31/31/0 iv ditto holding a destiny knot.
Goal 31/0/31/31/31/0 quiet anylitic magnimite.

I have a one in 68 something chance of getting the goal... You know what I just got? A 31/0/31/0/31/0 iv anylitic quiet magnimite... WTF!???!!!
At least it has hidden power fire!

I just set out to get a Cute Charm user to catch Apricorn ball females in soul silver, I decided to go for Jigglypuff. What I didn't realise is that it has an encounter rate of 10% and only 25% male (so A 2.5% chance to encounter a male Jigglypuff..), ran into one on my second encounter.

(unrelated; I used it to find a female Pineco, first encounter I forgot how Sturdy works in gen IV so I knocked it out...)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I have been breeding Hariyama's to try and use in the Battle Maison, I ended up getting a 5IV one on my 6th Egg... Ridiculous after I spent like 3 boxes trying to get a Kanga that was the same. I was expecting it to take a few hours -> 30 minutes @_@

EDIT: Well that was a waste of 1300...

Last edited:
I have been breeding Hariyama's to try and use in the Battle Maison, I ended up getting a 5IV one on my 6th Egg... Ridiculous after I spent like 3 boxes trying to get a Kanga that was the same. I was expecting it to take a few hours -> 30 minutes @_@
Wait, I thought you would use a 6iv ditto, I didn't think the odds for that were that low.

Hatching a Shiny Nidroan Male
With its HA
With 31/31/31/31/18-19/31 IVs
In a Dive Ball
Without Shiny Charm
And a 20% chance of getting an egg each time. (Muh Nidoking going at it with a Nidoran Female. It's wrong.)
WINNING
(You don't know how close I was to posting the Charlie SHeen "WINNING" song. Needless to say it describes the entire thread XD)

I have another anti win/FML moment.

You know that perfect anylitic magnimite I'm trying to breed?

Well on this batch of eggs I got TWO 31/0/31/31/31/0 quiet magnimites....WITH MAGNET PULL! I was so ready to soft reset and get the ESVs checked out and have someone hatch it as a shiny. Then I did soft reset and realized I did not check the ability.. BOTH HAD MAGNET PULL!

And the next two had 0defence ivs as well, but they got anylitic WTF??!???

I have another anti win/FML moment.

You know that perfect anylitic magnimite I'm trying to breed?

Well on this batch of eggs I got TWO 31/0/31/31/31/0 quiet magnimites....WITH MAGNET PULL! I was so ready to soft reset and get the ESVs checked out and have someone hatch it as a shiny. Then I did soft reset and realized I did not check the ability.. BOTH HAD MAGNET PULL!

And the next two had 0defence ivs as well, but they got anylitic WTF??!???
I feel your pain bruther, I got a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Nidoran Male (God those were a pain to breed) and it had Poison Point. I eventuly got one with Hustle, but it took a while (AND THE DAY AFTER I HATCH A SHINY 31/31/31/31/18-19/31. HUSTLE NIDORAN MALE, AFTER I ALREDY TRAINED THE NON SHINY ONE. And that was WITHOUT Masuda Method.)
Edit: actually it was Masuda Method because I was using a German Nidoran Female with the atformentioned Nidoking. Which I hachted myself. So I had a German Nidoran Female with my OT going at it with my BATTLE READY NIDOKING WHICH TOOK HOURS TO BREED. Fucker was trolling even AFTER I bred it >_>

I JUST GOT THE ANYLITIC MAGNIMITE EGG! I AM HAVING ITS ESVs CHEKED AS SOON AS I POST IT IN THE SIMPLE TRADE THREAD! AND IS SO INCREDIBLE THAT I DID HAVE TO HAVE THE ENTIRE THING TYPED IN CAPS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)