XY OU XY OU Team. Mainly Offensive Team

Hey everyone. I don't really know how to do these so here goes! If you have any suggestions, improvements etc. please post them in a reply. This is my 3rd team, and I've spent a few weeks on testing it out. It seems to fall apart a bit and I'm not sure what the reason is, so if you can see one then I'd love to hear what you guys have to say :D

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Chandelure is currently acting as my main 'Special Sweeper'. It is highly capable of performing drastic attacks and is more than capable of performing finishing blows if my other pokemon are unable to due to being fainted or have a status effect.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I'm using Tyranitar as a lead, and starting off with a stealth rock followed by a dragon dance or two. Then I come in with a STAB Crunch or an Earthquake if needed. In some situations, I use Mega Tyranitar as my Physical sweeper.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Toxic

I'm using Gliscor as more of a defence when my pokemon are in trouble. Its move set might need some work but when switched out I immediately use protect in order to initiate the Poison heal ability with the toxic orb, then I'll usually attack or use a toxic (Only on bulky opponents). Its high attack and decent defences have served it well in many occasions, and it has also won me battles when I actually use it right.

Latias (F) @ Mind Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 Def / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heal Pulse
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Psychic

I use Latias for 2 things. If there's been hazards set up all over the field, I'll use a good defog to clear the hazards and the other thing I use it for is when there is a fairy type pokemon on the opposition and none of my other pokemon can easily get rid of it.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Zap Plate
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 200 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave

Thunderus is used as my main fairy type killer and my 'backup special sweeper' and my main fairy killer. It is used usually 3rd or 4th in my team and I usually do well with it. Its thunderbolt is extremely powerful against most pokemon and Flash Cannon/Sludge Wave do extensive damage to Fair types

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Dark Pulse

I use Greninja as another lead, depending on what pokemon the opponent has. If I see an evident lack in SpDef on the opponent's team, then I will use Greninja, but when I see an evident Defence flaw I'll use my heavy hitting Tyranitar.

Again, if you have any recommendations or suggestions then please feel free to share them with me. Thanks for reading :)

Thundurus without prankster is kind of weird. I would suggest adding a fairy presence such as Azumarill of Clefable to take care of dragons. if i was going to choose who to x out, it would probably be thundurus or gliscor. Gliscor has too many weaknesses and can be OHKO'd pretty easily with an ice move.

In my opinion, on paper the team looks really good. But I'll point out some things and and suggestions:

Latias (with defensive) likes to carry leftovers for recovery. Mind Plate isn't too good of an item for Latias. Also, Heal Pulse heals your opponent / ally (if doubles). I suggest Roost or Recover for recovery. Psyshock is generally better than Psychic because of Blissey and Chansey. Also, most fairy types are special defensive so Hidden Power [Poison] isn't doing much. 26-32% (a guess) at most to a specially defensive Sylveon. And that EV spread is bunched up. I suggest a special defensive Latias with 252HP/252SpD/4SpA (Calm Nature).

Thundurus-Therian should have 252 spe/252spA/4spD to have decent speed and outspeed Charizard. Also, Flash Cannon and Sludge Wave to hit fairies is not needed. Sludge Wave would be better and stronger in all cases.

Greninja should usually carry Protean as its ability to change its typing. And again, 252 spe/252spA/4def for an EV spread. The set is nice, but Toxic Greninja? Maybe try Hidden Power [Grass] or Hidden Power [Fire] for coverage.

Gliscor should have 252HP/252Def/4Spe and Impish Nature. With walls, they don't really need to outspeed things. Also, if you run substitute it can add to its walling cababilities. (You don't need it but it works well)

Chandelure is basically flawless, but the EV spread is just *eugh*. I suggest a straight foward 252 spe/248SpA/8SpD.

Tyranitar is perfect with the EVs and moveset! :)

Really amazing team! Just try some of these tips and it'll help a bunch!

Thundurus without prankster is kind of weird. I would suggest adding a fairy presence such as Azumarill of Clefable to take care of dragons. if i was going to choose who to x out, it would probably be thundurus or gliscor. Gliscor has too many weaknesses and can be OHKO'd pretty easily with an ice move.
Thundurus-Therian has Volt Absorb. Thundurus-Incarnate has Prankster and Defiant. :)

Couple minor changes I'd recommed, mostly with held items.

-I'd put a Life Orb on Chandelure for some extra Oomph, and use Shadow Tag as its ability because Shadow Tag is great for trapping foes that can't touch it.
-I'd replace either Earthquake or Ice Fang on Gliscor in favor of Substitute.
-As Shiny Platinum recommended, I'd switch Mind Plate on Latias for Leftovers, and replace Heal Pulse with either Roost or Recovery. I'd also exchange Hidden Power [Poison] for Hidden Power [Steel] as I believe it has better overall coverage on many threats to Latias.
-I'd replace the Zap Plate on Thundurus-T with Choice Specs or a Life Orb, once again for the extra attack power across the board.
-I'd remove the Focus Sash on Greninja and replace it with a Life Orb, change its EV spread to 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe, and change its ability to Protean. This will allow it to OHKO fully HP-invested Dragonite with Ice Beam even through Multiscale. Also, consider replacing Toxic with Taunt, as you currently have no Taunters and Greninja is fast enough to outspeed most support Pokemon who don't carry Prankster. This gives Greninja a lot more overall versatility.

Now, a couple other things I've noticed. Your team is very SpA-heavy. Gliscor really doesn't hit hard enough to be considered a strong physical attacker, and Tyranitar is easily dealt with by common fighting-type moves. If your Tyranitar goes down, you will get walled by the variety of good special walls out there such as Blissey, Eviolite Chansey, Assault Vest Goodra, etc. You could consider replacing Thundurus-T with Excadrill. Since you already have Tyranitar, Sand Rush Excadrill would create some nice Synergy, provide you with a good Rapid Spinner (allowing you to replace Defog on Latias, which can become bait for Defiant Bisharp and also removes your own Stealth Rocks, and replace it with something like Draco Meteor), and still check Fairies with STAB Iron Head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)