AP Exams

Took APUSH, AP Calc, AP Chem, and Lang.

Feeling really confident on the first three, not so much for Lang. You can't really study for the reading comp, but for the essays I did okay.

APUSH was overhyped imo.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Only took AP Statistics - though a ton of IB exams in addition to that. I thought AP Statistics was incredibly easy, probably due to the fact that we had an excellent teacher that prepared us very well.

How'd you do on those FRQs for Lang?
I think I did well enough. I thought the Synthesis was rather silly (most people who take AP are probably gonna say that college is worth it), and the other two essays weren't very hard either. When I say that I wasn't confident on it, I mean that I'm not confident that I got a 4 or a 5. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 3 on it.

I think I did well enough. I thought the Synthesis was rather silly (most people who take AP are probably gonna say that college is worth it), and the other two essays weren't very hard either. When I say that I wasn't confident on it, I mean that I'm not confident that I got a 4 or a 5. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 3 on it.
The Multiple Choice was really annoying for me, but generally in all the practice reading comps we did in class, I was getting like a 77%. That Synthesis was really easy, and I liked the argument, but the rhetorical analysis was a bit troublesome.

The Multiple Choice was really annoying for me, but generally in all the practice reading comps we did in class, I was getting like a 77%. That Synthesis was really easy, and I liked the argument, but the rhetorical analysis was a bit troublesome.
I found that the Multiple Choice was a little easier than what I had typically done in class (I usually got around 70-80% on the ones in class, though it largely varied depending on the passage). I personally found that the RA wasn't too bad, though it was probably the hardest of the essays.

5 on US History and 3 on Environmental Science, I'm terrible at science and my teacher was shit so I'm happy just to get a 3, APUSH was pretty straightforward tbh.

APUSH 5
AP Chemistry 5
AP Physics B 5
AP English Language 5

I took my tests in my school in Texas but was on the east coast when scores came out for Texas, so I couldn't access them. Luckily, I tricked the AP system by accessing CollegeBoard through my school's online server. Helpful and quite necessary! Good luck to all AP test takers on Smogon!

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Calc AB 5
Lit 4
Macro 5?
Stats 4
US Gov 5

I legitimately thought that I failed the macro test. That being said, I'm glad with what I have.

Calc AB 5
Physics B 5
English Language 5
Psychology 5
US History 4

I honestly wasn't expecting the 5 on English. Really happy about it though.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Physics C EM 5
Physics C Mech 5
Euro 5
Bio 5
APES 5
Comp Sci 5
Psych 5
Eng Lit 5

honestly no clue how i did it LOL i thought i bombed eng lit and comp sci

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ap exams were way easy this year imo (physics b, calc ab, government, language). lang was a bit tough because of the sheer quantity of essay writing, and because it's impossible to objectively assess how well I wrote. seems like most ap exams can be cracked even with a bad teacher. for some more in-depth subjects that require a strong understanding of the concepts (thinking like calculus), just put in a little time a couple times a week throughout the year working on grasping concepts, while a lot of social science classes are easy if you have a good memory for facts and good critical thinking skills. a couple weeks with a prep book and you can memorize most things necessary to get a 4 on APUSH or APUSG, and if you're good at putting things together a 5 isn't far off.

also i don't think anyone gives a shit about the nondisclosure stuff. college confidential literally had a google docs sheet with all the SAT questions / answers edited in from memory a few hours after the test.
i got the nice n clean 5s on all of them. i think my previous analysis stands.

5s on BC Calc and both Physics C tests. 4s on Chem, CS, Lit, and Art History. I knew where I needed the 5s and devoted almost all studying time into those, but I still could have done better (Lit and CS 4s are ??? but I really don't care as long as I got the credits).

jumpin late on this
4 Phys C + Calc AB
5 Chinese

It's probably a bad thing that I put next to no effort on either Physics or Calculus since the school I'm going to doesn't really care about AP scores. Also, did anyone here take the Electromagnetism portion of Physics C? I'd like to get a good idea whether or not skipping out on that was a good idea.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
5s on BC Calc and both Physics C tests. 4s on Chem, CS, Lit, and Art History. I knew where I needed the 5s and devoted almost all studying time into those, but I still could have done better (Lit and CS 4s are ??? but I really don't care as long as I got the credits).
There are colleges that give credit for AP Computer Science A? Okay...

5 on Lang, Bio, US history, CS. Looking forward to cramming or bombing my next and last year of AP tests depending on where I am accepted 9_9

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I didn't take any AP tests this year but I'm a full IB student and I got confirmation that I will get my full IB Diploma about a week ago :) .

I got a 7 in Spanish HL
6 in English HL
5 in History HL, Bio SL and Music SL
4 in Math SL

SL= Standard Level
HL= Higher level
7 is the highest score on an IB rest 4 is passing

Got a 4 on Comp Sci lol. Terrible test taker and I don't study. And who cares if you can write code cause in a work scenario, you are just gonna look it up online if you forget something.

Dang, it's been...3 years since I have last taken AP exams.

I took 8 AP exams over the course of my high school career, but I think I probably could have taken more if I really wanted to.

Euro History: 4
English Language: 4
Statistics: 4
Physics C Mechanics: 5
Physics C E&M: 5
English Literature: 5
Calculus AB: 5
US Government: 4

For any rising high school juniors that might be viewing this thread, junior year isn't really not as bad as you might think it is.

Dang, it's been...3 years since I have last taken AP exams.

I took 8 AP exams over the course of my high school career, but I think I probably could have taken more if I really wanted to.

Euro History: 4
English Language: 4
Statistics: 4
Physics C Mechanics: 5
Physics C E&M: 5
English Literature: 5
Calculus AB: 5
US Government: 4

For any rising high school juniors that might be viewing this thread, junior year isn't really not as bad as you might think it is.
Good to know

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Dunno, I thought it was pretty awful. I guess it depends on several factors, including which teachers you have, the workload of the courses you take, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)