Sketchmons XY [Now Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it couldn't because I had no idea Deoxys got NP from an event.

But yeah it can't BP Tail Glow.
Alright, that makes sense.

Anyway, check this out:

Victini @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Heart Swap

The stat drop from V-Create was always annoying, but what if you could give it to an opponent? Fire off a V-Create (or two if you're an adventurous person) and then heart swap the stat drops to an enemy. The rest of the moves really don't matter, I just like Bolt Strike. It is awesome for setup sweepers and Baton Passers.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Safeguard (which just plain sounds important)
- Destiny Bond / Whatever
- Something here
- Perish Song

I'm really surprised I have not yet seen this. While everybody says, "Oh, I love my Recover / Metal Burst Wobbuffet," I am trapping my victims with my WOBBUFFET OF DEATH. Just use Perish Song. Safeguard is a pretty OK option to protect you from status while you wait for Perish Song to count down. Or maybe you could use Safeguard first since it lasts longer. Just like you learned in Hackmons, you switch out on the turn before Perish Song ends and... your victim is gone. Wobbuffet has a high enough HP stat that it can take a few hits, even from setup sweepers (which this set works especially well against). I'm surprised no one has thought of this. It should be banned.

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 4 SDef / 160 Spd
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Flame Charge
- Recover

Step 1: Use Curse/Amnesia, depending on your opponent.
Step 2: When you're fully boosted in both defenses, spam flame charge.
Step 3: Use recover if you have low health.

Giving this thread a bump as part of the Get Out The Vote campaign for Sketchmons.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Acupressure
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This might be a fun gimmick to use. Try to lock your opponent into a boosting or support move with Trick, then Acupressure until you are at +6 in every stat. Revenge killing it will be extremely difficult at +6 evasion and +6 in both defenses.

And remember people:

Sketchmons 2014: For an Other Meta of the Month which isn't completely stupid like Metagamiate.

Tell your friends, family, and any strangers to vote for Sketchmons. We can do this. We can overcome Pikachuun's efforts to buy this election and have an OMOTM which is actually worth playing.

Giving this thread a bump as part of the Get Out The Vote campaign for Sketchmons.

Modest Nature
- Trick
- Acupressure
- Psyshock

This might be a fun gimmick to use. Try to lock your opponent into a boosting or support move with Trick, then Acupressure until you are at +6 in every stat. Revenge killing it will be extremely difficult at +6 evasion and +6 in both defenses.

And remember people:

Sketchmons 2014: For an Other Meta of the Month which isn't completely stupid like Metagamiate.

Tell your friends, family, and any strangers to vote for Sketchmons. We can do this. We can overcome Pikachuun's efforts to buy this election and have an OMOTM which is actually worth playing.
I would use Psyshock / Signal Beam|HP Bug, much better Coverage and lands an actual hit on Sableye

Modest Nature
- Trick
- Acupressure
- Psyshock

And remember people:

Dude that is really fucking malicious of you, not only are you being a dick using acupressure but you are hating on a metagame that people support and do not need persuasion to vote for like you are doing. Pikachuun is a nice person, unlike you and metagamiate is actually fun so how about you actually play the meta before you judge. Stop being malicious.
please

I was joking about Pikachuun "buying" votes and I'm sure he's a nice person. I just don't think Metagamiate sounds like a very good meta. It sounds like a meta for people who want some kind of competitive in-game experience where you just spam ridiculously high-powered moves without any set-up, stall, or switching (as powerful as the moves are, I don't see switching being worth it). I guess that is appealing to some people, but some of us want a meta which is more competitive. Tbh, I'm not a huge fan of Sketchmons, but it actually encourages creativity unlike Metagamiate which is to just put Return / Extreme Speed / Boomburst on everything and abuse it.

Oh, and using Acupressure on Goth is not malicious. If your opponent falls for it by using a non-damaging move, then he/she deserves to get swept by it.

Hey all

Very cool meta that you've got on your hands, I hope to be aiding in the growth of the program. There are a few cool sets that I thought up that could potentially do some damage - I have made two teams that seem to work on paper, but I'm not in a position to test them until later as I am on my phone. ANYWAY

Metagross
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Shift Gear
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt

IMO Shift Gear Metagross has the potential to be really good in this meta given the proper support. At +2 Spe it outruns Scarf Terrak and HP Fire Scarf Lati@s. The coverage is pretty solid (can't touch Ferro or Scizor well). Also, you can continue to stack Atk boosts while sweeping with Meteor Mash. This is one of the centerpieces of my current teams, and can take on Mega Pinsir (assuming you have already set up) and handles things like Mega Ampharos well. Any suggestions on this set?

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spacial Rend
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Hydreigon forms a great offensive core with Shift Gear Metagross. Imo Hydreigon is extremely anti meta atm because of all the Shadow Tag users (hi Goth). Hydreigon can come in and freely choose moves to spam (not worrying about the SpA drop from Draco that let's Goth set up). HP Ice is here specifically to support Metagross with Lando. Any thoughts on the set/ways to improve?

Alright with those two specific threats out of the way here are some things that look pretty dang good in this meta:

Mega Pinsir (duh)

Kyu-B gets Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, or Ice Punch

Frankly Shuckle is a great hazard setter with Spikes, SR, and Sticky web - tauntproof once, and always gets one hazard up.

Greninja can easily use any move you give him and add STAB - now it can Volt Switch and nab momentum while hitting on the special side and avoiding SE grass attacks

Finally, Charizard Y looks like a great nuke with hazards off the field - Roost + Eruption will break all walls down in the sun (brb making team around this now) and pretty much threatens to 2hko everything I believe. Not sure on calcs since I'm on my phone, but looks great on paper.

Yeah, so that's about all that I have for now. I will continue to play when I return home.

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 140-166 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 476-560 (135.2 - 159%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 228-270 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Thumbs up for Sacred Fire Azumarill!

And, if you don't like CB, you can use Belly Drum + 2 Priorities or Belly Drum + Drain Punch

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 140-166 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 476-560 (135.2 - 159%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 228-270 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Thumbs up for Sacred Fire Azumarill!

And, if you don't like CB, you can use Belly Drum + 2 Priorities or Belly Drum + Drain Punch
Sacred Fire doesn't make contact, so the first calc should be at +0, not -2.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 280-330 (86.4 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

moves that are Bold are sketched moves

Bibarel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Return
- Quick Attack

simple shell smash; what else do you need? 85 attack and 71 speed are... bad, but cloyster has 95 attack and 70 speed and SS it made UU. try a SIMPLE shell smash, which is 1.5x as powerful

+4 252 Atk Bibarel Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 207-244 (63.8 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 Atk Bibarel Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 496-585 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Malamar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Who doesn't love a good ol' contrary v-create? now malamar can boost it's speed while at the same time doing massive damage, which is good 'cuz it's really slow.

+1 252+ Atk Malamar V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 358-422 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Malamar Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Malamar Night Slash vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Gothitelle: 312-368 (103.6 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Malamar Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 178-211 (44 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I know some of these moves are super-effective, but these are some of the sketchmons threats.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Nature Power
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Nature Power might seem like a weird choice, as Tri Attack isn't exactly a nuke, but due to Nature Power's mechanics it is actually a status move, giving you +1 priority with 80bp, which isn't too shabby at all. It's not as jaw-dropping as a lot of the stuff in this meta, but eh, it seems pretty handy.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The server in the first post is down, can anybody link me to a working one?

Some theorymonning, cause can.
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band / Scarf
Teravolt
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly / Adamant Nature (Band or Scarf, respectively)
- Outrage
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Yes I am running choice banded kyurem-black. No, I don't care what you say about it sucking, cause its awesome. Use it. Even in OU.
With an Ice STAB, choice banded kyurem black gains incredible coverage, seen here:
No Effect
Not Very Effective
Normal Effectiveness
Super Effective
I mean....WOW. Physical Kube has never had good coverage, but with ice alone it can become incredibly threatening. You actually don't have to run a dragon type stab, although your options are limited, since this can allow you to gain even more super effective coverage. I would still run outrage, It gives you a really powerful STAB nuke that actually can OHKO almost anything not steel or fairy. You can also use iron head if you really want to kill fairies, but they arent ALL that common in this meta.

Rampardos @ Life orb
Sheer force and blah blah blah
- Shift Gear
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/Coverage

Rampardos is the death of stall. Sheer force and life orb reaches 725 attack BEFORE A SHIFT GEAR. After just one, it has a equivalent base attack of 1087...Beware you take life orb recoil from earthquake, and then its just watch entire teams blow up if they can't stop it. No, rampardos can't take a hit. I just wanted to see one of my fav pokes usable...and as an offense player, I couldn't ask for more. If this guy gets in safely, he literally makes stall explode

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge power
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Hp or the standard 192 Spd set if you want
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough / Superpower

Welcome to the INSANITY of double priority BD azumarill. The only thing that walls its dual priority with play rough is Ferrothorn, so its eliminate that and then find an oppurtunity to set up. This is a meta I actually anticipate AV azumarill to be somewhat common, And it causes a lot of switches if used right. Bring it in at the right time, Set up, And proceed to PUSH YOUR OPPONENT'S SHIT IN.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics / Brave Bird

Let that lum berry get used up. Once it does, proceed to wreck your opponent's team. This same moxie strategy can be abused with Salamence too, but I have found gyara generally better. Salamence can be fun too though:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Evs: lazy
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

Sacred fire adds great coverage and an amazing move to salamence's arsenal. Meanwhile Moxie snowballs like a bitch and this mence has great coverage.
Sacred Fire AV is an idea for stall, actually, and could be really potent. I didn't just give stall an idea (lel)

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 Spa / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Coverage

WELCOME TO SPECS WALLBREAKER 2014 ###!!!111
This thing has some SERIOUS power behind its Water Spouts, with specs attatched. You say "its not that big of an upgrade from Hpump", but well, when you see calcs like this: 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur: 182-214 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO You know you have a MONSTER on your hands. IK it hasn't mega evolved yet. But one of its best and most well available counters is 2hko'd about 45% of the time (after it mega evos it does 42-50.4 or something)

Other ideas becuz i am too lasy to rite sets
- Shift Gear Mega Medicham
- Dub priority swords dance mega mawile (bye stall)
- Tail Glow Scolipede, It can now pass SPA boosts as well.
- Oblivion Wing Thundurus(-t)????
- Shift Gear Diggersby
- Hawlucha not walled by the furry-armed Ghost shield
- Shift Gear Mega Heracross (fuk u adrian)
- AV Regen Torn-T with Oblivion Wing
- Icicle Crash Weavile
- Head Smash Aero for a lead
- Choice Band Entei with GROUND COVERAGE
- Belly Drum + Espeed Darmanitan
- Sash V-create Lead Infernape
I can theorymon all day. I actually don't want this as OMOTM cause I wanna be good first e.e

Thoughts:
-Shell Smash Nidoking (mostly 'cause I like Nidoking way too much - Landorus-I probably runs the better)
-Recover SubToxic Aegislash because that set seems good with 50/150/150 defenses and reliable recovery
-Volt Switch on Lati@s to avoid trapping and pivot better
-Shell Smash Aegislash for the ultimate glass cannon
-Knock Off Megados for Dark STAB
-Every Rock type should probably consider Diamond Storm now that it's released
-AV Slowking with Volt Switch/Scald/Dragon Tail/Something
-AV Tornadus-T with Knock Off/U-Turn/Rapid Spin/Air Slash
-V-Create Mega Charizard X for one hell of a nuke
-I want Shift Gear or Shell Smash Salamence to be better than it probably is
-Talonflame with Shell Smash (actually anything with Shell Smash), or coverage

That's it for now, though I wanna try a double Regenvest core sometime.

xJownage

Actually i want to try belly sitrus acrobatics talonflame. Its really good in STABmons so i can only imagine how good it will be here

The server in the first post is down, can anybody link me to a working one?

Some theorymonning, cause can.
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band / Scarf
Teravolt
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly / Adamant Nature (Band or Scarf, respectively)
- Outrage
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Yes I am running choice banded kyurem-black. No, I don't care what you say about it sucking, cause its awesome. Use it. Even in OU.
With an Ice STAB, choice banded kyurem black gains incredible coverage, seen here:
No Effect
Not Very Effective
Normal Effectiveness
Super Effective
I mean....WOW. Physical Kube has never had good coverage, but with ice alone it can become incredibly threatening. You actually don't have to run a dragon type stab, although your options are limited, since this can allow you to gain even more super effective coverage. I would still run outrage, It gives you a really powerful STAB nuke that actually can OHKO almost anything not steel or fairy. You can also use iron head if you really want to kill fairies, but they arent ALL that common in this meta.

Rampardos @ Life orb
Sheer force and blah blah blah
- Shift Gear
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/Coverage

Rampardos is the death of stall. Sheer force and life orb reaches 725 attack BEFORE A SHIFT GEAR. After just one, it has a equivalent base attack of 1087...Beware you take life orb recoil from earthquake, and then its just watch entire teams blow up if they can't stop it. No, rampardos can't take a hit. I just wanted to see one of my fav pokes usable...and as an offense player, I couldn't ask for more. If this guy gets in safely, he literally makes stall explode

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge power
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Hp or the standard 192 Spd set if you want
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough / Superpower

Welcome to the INSANITY of double priority BD azumarill. The only thing that walls its dual priority with play rough is Ferrothorn, so its eliminate that and then find an oppurtunity to set up. This is a meta I actually anticipate AV azumarill to be somewhat common, And it causes a lot of switches if used right. Bring it in at the right time, Set up, And proceed to PUSH YOUR OPPONENT'S SHIT IN.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics / Brave Bird

Let that lum berry get used up. Once it does, proceed to wreck your opponent's team. This same moxie strategy can be abused with Salamence too, but I have found gyara generally better. Salamence can be fun too though:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Evs: lazy
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

Sacred fire adds great coverage and an amazing move to salamence's arsenal. Meanwhile Moxie snowballs like a bitch and this mence has great coverage.
Sacred Fire AV is an idea for stall, actually, and could be really potent. I didn't just give stall an idea (lel)

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 Spa / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Coverage

WELCOME TO SPECS WALLBREAKER 2014 ###!!!111
This thing has some SERIOUS power behind its Water Spouts, with specs attatched. You say "its not that big of an upgrade from Hpump", but well, when you see calcs like this: 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur: 182-214 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO You know you have a MONSTER on your hands. IK it hasn't mega evolved yet. But one of its best and most well available counters is 2hko'd about 45% of the time (after it mega evos it does 42-50.4 or something)

Other ideas becuz i am too lasy to rite sets
- Shift Gear Mega Medicham
- Dub priority swords dance mega mawile (bye stall)
- Tail Glow Scolipede, It can now pass SPA boosts as well.
- Oblivion Wing Thundurus(-t)????
- Shift Gear Diggersby
- Hawlucha not walled by the furry-armed Ghost shield
- Shift Gear Mega Heracross (fuk u adrian)
- AV Regen Torn-T with Oblivion Wing
- Icicle Crash Weavile
- Head Smash Aero for a lead
- Choice Band Entei with GROUND COVERAGE
- Belly Drum + Espeed Darmanitan
- Sash V-create Lead Infernape
I can theorymon all day. I actually don't want this as OMOTM cause I wanna be good first e.e
Wow now I'm gonna look dumb when I use Band Kyu-B I copyrighted that in my mind I'll have you know

That Azumarill looks scary, as does like everything here.

Also I'm on my computer now so I can post calcs for Eruption Zard Y :]

Only two relevant calcs tbh

Vs Blissey
-252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 330-388 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Vs Chansey
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 274-324 (38.9 - 46%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Thoughts:
-Shell Smash Nidoking (mostly 'cause I like Nidoking way too much - Landorus-I probably runs the better)
-Recover SubToxic Aegislash because that set seems good with 50/150/150 defenses and reliable recovery
-Volt Switch on Lati@s to avoid trapping and pivot better
-Shell Smash Aegislash for the ultimate glass cannon
-Knock Off Megados for Dark STAB
-Every Rock type should probably consider Diamond Storm now that it's released
-AV Slowking with Volt Switch/Scald/Dragon Tail/Something
-AV Tornadus-T with Knock Off/U-Turn/Rapid Spin/Air Slash
-V-Create Mega Charizard X for one hell of a nuke
-I want Shift Gear or Shell Smash Salamence to be better than it probably is

That's it for now, though I wanna try a double Regenvest core sometime.
Belly Drum T-flame tho

Belly Drum T-flame tho
I don't know. It's really, really lacking in coverage. It gets Sitrus Berry Acrobatics and Return. That's NU bird coverage. It can't really use Flare Blitz safely (unless it wants to be even more of a suicide nuke), and only gets to set up once. It's probably still brutal, but it feels like such a risk IMHO.

Like, it's not bad or anything, it's just a huge risk. Especially because it can't run ESpeed like it can in STABmons.

Also, how do you attribute quotes?

EV

Banned deucer.
I don't know. It's really, really lacking in coverage. It gets Sitrus Berry Acrobatics and Return. That's NU bird coverage. It can't really use Flare Blitz safely (unless it wants to be even more of a suicide nuke), and only gets to set up once. It's probably still brutal, but it feels like such a risk IMHO.

Like, it's not bad or anything, it's just a huge risk. Especially because it can't run ESpeed like it can in STABmons.

When you hit reply like I just did, it will show the username and post number. You can edit out what you don't want as well, so you don't have to quote the entire post.

Like this.

On the other hand, not everything can cheese out with Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed in Talonflame's face either, so unless the opponent is packing multiple ExtremeSpeed users it will generally be a hard task to revenge Talonflame.

Flying by itself is good enough coverage so all you're really missing out is a strong fire move to wreck Steel types, of which Talonflame isn't actually lacking with options like Overheat. Neutral Overheat is strong enough to OHKO 252/0 Skarmory with SR up, while it also wrecks Ferrothorn and most offensive Steel types, leaving you walled by only Heatran and rocks (but really, which Talonflame isn't?)

If you really hate Flare Blitz there's always Roost to solve everything.

On the other hand, not everything can cheese out with Fake Out + ExtremeSpeed in Talonflame's face either, so unless the opponent is packing multiple ExtremeSpeed users it will generally be a hard task to revenge Talonflame.
That's true, though Ursaring and Kangaskhan do about 70% with ESpeed, meaning any prior damage (or Fake out from Khan) will KO. Still a hell of a threat though. I actually like the standard Band Set with Earthquake, Bonemerang, or Bolt Strike to hit checks hard.

Your point about coverage looks pretty good actually, I had no idea Overheat hit that hard without investment.

Moving on to other things, Sheer Force Darmanitan with Bolt Strike seems pretty nasty. It's Flare Blitz demolishes most of the tier, and Bolt Strike and Earthquake kill most resists. A Shift Gear set also has potential as a lategame sweeper. At +1 it's Flare Blitz demolishes the tier - it OHKO's Mega Venusaur, beats Aegislash with Earthquake, and it has some coverage options (Elemental Punches, Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide).

Last edited:
Frankly I think talon will be outclassed by Mega Pinsir - Pinsir has better coverage and frankly is 10x better with SD + Espeed + Aerialate. Everyone (should) be packing multiple flying resists/ M-Pinsir checks anyways, so I doubt Talon is as good as it (could) be. However, if M-Pins is banned, then it will be better.

EDIT: Zygarde may be the dragon of choice for Zard Y teams this time around - Shift Gear makes it a great secondary win condition while it has EQ/Dragon Coverage to take out Zard's checks/counters. +1 Espeed also is pretty cool as well. *calls dibs on Zygarde/Zard Y Offense*

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extremespeed

xJownage

I lay claim to shit gear zygarde geopolitics

Sheer Force Darm won't be very good w/o scarf, as while its flare blitzes and bolt strikes hit really hard with LO they are sucidal and any of the abundant fast mons in this meta can easily kill it. Since stall won't be all that common in this meta, Darm will have trouble doing its task if it had a life orb: wallbreaking.

Eruption isin't that much better than fire blast, especially with its rocks weakness. You would take any hit and fire blast would just be....better. I would honestly consider Zard X over Zard Y always, just because of the wallbreaking power. V-create + Overheat + Dragon Claw / Outrage + Coverage / Roost Charizard X will be common in this meta, and for good reason as it will be a really good wallbreaker, and outclassing zard-Y for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)