League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aatrox scales poorly, which is a horrible trait for Solo Queue, where continuous throws ensure that most games go into the mid-late game at the least.

Not that he's a useless champion but I don't think he's very good for Solo Queue (and as a result of being a sub-par version of Jax is generally not very useful in 5's either).

That being said any champion can work in Solo Queue if you get proficient enough at him/her, so if you like to play Aatrox don't let my pessimism dampen your enthusiasm!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To be fair on the Jax comparison he is banned a lot in solo queue at the moment.

Also noticed that a lot of junglers in LCS as of late have been picking up Sightstone and continuing to see the usage of Nunu Jungle. Interesting to see at the least. :|

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
What scales poorly about Aatrox? He's a melee carry: good base AS, good AS steroid and self-healing that scales with AD. Obviously he scales like shit if you build him tanky, and building him tanky is arguably a necessity, but that's an entirely different problem. It's not like he's a Renekton who just scales like ass period.

Sightstone is better than ever since it became capable of placing three wards down at once. Honestly I'd like to see laners start picking it up too, SS is far stronger than old HoG/Philo ever was as a gold item.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aatrox scales poorly because he has no Crit stike capability built in, and his base damage is not high enough to compensate for the fact that he is melee and therefore easily kited. Additionally, all of his CC is easily avoided and, as you mentioned, he either gets tanky OR deals damage; he cannot do both. He is strong in lane due to his inherent sustain but in a teamfight he is one of the least threatening bruisers there is. Renekton and Darius have the base damage to kill most ADCs fairly easily unless they are peeled off; Jax deals enough hybrid damage that he can hit anything he wants and he will kill it. Shyvana is tanky and deals a ton of AOE damage and even less used champs like Nid or Riven have better mobility and base damage than Aatrox does.

The only thing Aatrox does well at apart from sustain is midgame DPS; however, even during midgame he begins to fall off as a result of the fact that sustain matters less and less, and as the game goes later and later you simply won't kill things with pure physical damage that has no critical strike chance.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
NA LCS slowly going back to the way it was all of last year. C9 is gonna dump on tsm again 3-0 for the 1st seed spot at worlds.

Too much LMQ drama for them to be focused on the game (at least I would think so)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
At least Dig's falloff pattern is predictable and has happened in the past 3 splits. CLG on the other hand is pretty unpredictable when it comes to slumps...

Speaking of patterns through multiple splits...
- In the past two splits C9 has always looked great heading towards playoffs and in the playoffs themselves. The first part has come true for now.
- TSM has generally performed well in regional events that lead up to major events.
- CLG has a history of choking during playoffs. But they did at least get to 3rd place last split.
- Curse always finds a way to be in the middle of the pack.
- Fnatic 100% playoff winrate
- The rest of EU LCS is unpredictable.

Man, LCS has been going absolutely nuts going into the super week.

What teams do you guys think will represent the various regions in the world championships?

Out of NA..

I was gonna pick LMQ, C9, and TSM...but with the recent LMQ drama, it kinda tosses things up a little bit going into super week.

Out of EU...

Fnatic and Alliance basically secured their tickets to go as long as they don't epically screw up in the end. I can see Millennium, SK Gaming, or even SUPA HOT CREW in that final EU spot.

Out of Korea...

Samsung Blue is confirmed already (and heck, might even win it all). I can see Samsung White joining them given they already beat SK Telecom T1 K and just have to get high enough placement to secure the 2nd seed. For the third team...toss-up between Najin White Shield, KT Rolster Arrows, and SK Telecom T1 K. I am kinda hoping for Faker to make a return to S4 Worlds, but K will have to brush up their game if they want even a chance of taking back-to-back championships.

Out of China...

OMG and Edward Gaming are probably the top two teams that will secure China's spots at the World Championships. OMG has been playing better as a team from what I hear since they ditched pomelo and brought Cool back onto the team. EDG is like a Chinese version of Alliance in that they're kinda like a super team by combining three star players in Clearlove, NaMei, and FzzF along with two talented young players from the solo queue ladder. I don't see inSec being able to carry Royal Club hard enough and neither do I see World Elite making it either.

What do you guys think?

remlabmez

@dacopboss
im picking samsung blue and KTA for the other two korean spots, though even if KTA wins ogn they wont even have enough circuit points to get seeded second, so meh the last spot is a huge tossup at this point

im picking samsung blue and KTA for the other two korean spots, though even if KTA wins ogn they wont even have enough circuit points to get seeded second, so meh the last spot is a huge tossup at this point
wait, doesn't Korea have three spots? and Samsung Blue is already in it.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/Season_4/Circuit_Points_Korea
http://lol.gamepedia.com/HOT6iX_Champions_Summer_2014

I think Samsung White will most likely get it from circuit points since they face Samsung Blue in the semifinals (could have some little...help from their sister team to secure the 2nd seed) and cannot finish worse than 4th since they knocked out SK Telecom T1 K in the quarterfinals. The only teams that I see that have any contention for the 3rd seed would be SK Telecom T1 K, KT Rolster Arrows, and Najin White Shield. They will probably duke it out in the Korean qualifier assuming the format is the same as last year.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
wait, doesn't Korea have three spots? and Samsung Blue is already in it.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/Season_4/Circuit_Points_Korea
http://lol.gamepedia.com/HOT6iX_Champions_Summer_2014

I think Samsung White will most likely get it from circuit points since they face Samsung Blue in the semifinals (could have some little...help from their sister team to secure the 2nd seed) and cannot finish worse than 4th since they knocked out SK Telecom T1 K in the quarterfinals. The only teams that I see that have any contention for the 3rd seed would be SK Telecom T1 K, KT Rolster Arrows, and Najin White Shield. They will probably duke it out in the Korean qualifier assuming the format is the same as last year.
oops forgot to type samsung blue and white for the two spots with circuit points, but yeah I meant KTA to win the 3rd spot through the regionals

oops forgot to type samsung blue and white for the two spots with circuit points, but yeah I meant KTA to win the 3rd spot through the regionals
Ah okay. Yeah, KT Arrows would be a very entertaining team to have at the World Championships for sure, but I think most people (especially in the West) really want to see SK Telecom T1 K and Faker return for the possibility of winning two World Championships in a row.

I think KT Arrows on a good day can beat anyone, even Samsung Blue. But if they aren't on top of their game...they look worse than the IM teams lol (slightly exaggerating, but basically). Najin White Shield will be interesting, but I think until Ggoong expands his champion pool, they aren't gonna get in.

My friends entire team was CLG lol. And go TSM!
hahahahhaa sucks to be him lol. I am surprised he would have all of CLG given their recent tendencies to throw games, especially at Baron xD.

YES TSM!!!!! The Lustboy addition was...eh, I think after Gleeb shared his struggles and mental health state, I think it was for the best in the interests of both Gleeb and TSM in the end. Lustboy will be bringing a lot of his expertise from playing on CJ Blaze, so I think that would be wonderful. I can see Lustboy and WildTurtle working together very well since they both like to play aggressively in lane and hopefully can develop that synergy with the help of Reginald and Locodoco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)