[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I wanna point that Alex is an idiot and is not my friend. Anyway you made them with an emulator too, and then why yours are legit and not cheat? Who can prove it? [Answer: nobody]. It's the same thing it's happening to me. Can you get where's the problem?

Mine comes from an emulator and they are legit.

"Which you've done before, since you had other Pokémon which literally can't be generated by the game." ---> Oh really? Could I have an example? :)

Hi guys, new Mewtwo I found here on smogon, traded to me by Stallmory, but he says it's not his.

Language: ITA
Species: Mewtwo
OT: Alessia
ID No.: 30099
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Mewtwo
Level: 100
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Earthquake
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region."
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): With all the RNG abuses going around, it's hard to tell a hack from something legitimate. This seems legit, but if there is something I'm missing, let me know please! Thanks for your time!

As shown in my thread:

[150] Shiny Mewtwo / Shiny Mega Mewtwo X
OT:
Alessia (30099) (Lv. 100)
Nature: Jolly - Ability: Pressure (Steadfast)
PP Max Moves: Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch, Bulk Up
EV trained: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Tradeable Stock : 1
Note:
This was traded to me by Stallmory, who told me it's fully re-distributable. The original RNG abuser is unknown, but I thought this was worth a slot on my game, so I traded for it; you only live once.

Hi guys, new Mewtwo I found here on smogon, traded to me by Stallmory, but he says it's not his.

Region of origin: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region."
Other comments (optional): With all the RNG abuses going around, it's hard to tell a hack from something legitimate. This seems legit, but if there is something I'm missing, let me know please! Thanks for your time!

As shown in my thread:

OT:
Note:
This was traded to me by Stallmory, who told me it's fully re-distributable. The original RNG abuser is unknown, but I thought this was worth a slot on my game, so I traded for it; you only live once.
Consideriny my 6IV Emboar (BAAAAACOOOON) has the same characteristic as this Mewtwo, I'd say it's at least legal (AKA, not hacked on sight)
OFC I'm not the athluority on this, SO DON'T KILL ME PLS MODS T,T
Edit: totally forgot the 4th gen rules about legendaries, "facepalm"

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet

As shown in my thread:

OT:
Note:
This is my first attempt at helping someone like this, but at first guess, I would say hacked, because the nature is jolly.

Wild Pokemon with variable genders (including Heatran) caught in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have 7 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, hasty, modest, quirky, sassy, and timid. Wild Pokemon with variable genders caught in Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 6 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, modest, quiet, sassy, and timid.
EDIT: Thanks flargananddingle for the correct. :)

Last edited:

As shown in my thread:

OT:
Note:
First post
Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.

Hack

This is my first attempt at helping someone like this, but at first guess, I would say hacked, because the nature is jolly.
EnGarde you are right but the part you bolded applies only to gendered pokemon

First post
Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.

Hack

EnGarde you are right but the part you bolded applies only to gendered pokemon
Thanks flarganddingle and Engarde; I read that but for some reason thought that only counted for wild caught monsters and not legends. No one has traded for this yet, so I'll just remove it from my thread. Thanks again.

In closing, damn, wish it was legitimate; oh well.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to tell if a pokemon was hacked with Cyber Gadget lol
Not really, just be suspicious of a lot of "MM'd" shinies labelled as coming from the "Day-Care Couple" though that's obtainable from finding a shiny egg to lock in and breed from and completely flawless legendaries/legendary events and normal events (Pokemon that can be bred, but are event Pokemon. Such as Vivillon.) There's not really a definitive way of knowing.

I got this though Wonder Trade. Is it legal?

Language: ENG
Species: Entei
OT: Ash
ID No.: 01337
Pokemon's name: Entei
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Fire Fang/Extrasensory/Fire Blast/Eruption
Nature: Hardy
Region of origin: Kanto
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got this though Wonder Trade. Is it legal?

Language: ENG
Species: Entei
OT: Ash
ID No.: 01337
Pokemon's name: Entei
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Fire Fang/Extrasensory/Fire Blast/Eruption
Nature: Hardy
Region of origin: Kanto
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Hacked. Please check the hacked OT listing.

Hi, I have another one for you to inspect; traded to me by CoLsPaN but he is not the OT.
Language: JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese Letters, I can show you if you'd like, but I don't speak Japanese
ID No.: 35683
IVs: 31/28/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): UT
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: ミュウ
Level: 30
Pokeball: Dive Ball
Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch, Metronome
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: Champion Ribbon (A Ribbon awarded for clearing the Pokémon League and entering the Hall of Fame in another region) + Premier Ribbon (A Ribbon awarded for a special holiday)
Other comments (optional): Hope this one's legit! How does someone get a Premier Ribbon anyways?

As shown in my thread:

[151] Shiny Mew ( ミュウ ) [JPN]
OT:
Japanese Letters (35683) (Lv. 30)
Nature: Timid - Ability: Synchronize
Current Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch, Metronome
Notes:
I traded CoLsPaN for this and he said it was fully re-distributable. He however, did not reset it himself and there is a risk taken when trading for something that doesn't have a known RNG abuser you can trace back to. Not for trade until it passes a hack check.

EDIT: Oops, it's not male; copy paste error

flargananddingle, so there is no other way to get this Ribbon? That's a shame.

Last edited:
Hi, I have another one for you to inspect; traded to me by CoLsPaN but he is not the OT.
Language: JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese Letters, I can show you if you'd like, but I don't speak Japanese
ID No.: 35683
EVs (optional): UT
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: ミュウ
Level: 30
Pokeball: Dive Ball
Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch, Metronome
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: Champion Ribbon (A Ribbon awarded for clearing the Pokémon League and entering the Hall of Fame in another region) + Premier Ribbon (A Ribbon awarded for a special holiday)
Other comments (optional): Hope this one's legit! How does someone get a Premier Ribbon anyways?

As shown in my thread:

[151] Shiny Mew ( ミュウ ) [JPN]
OT:
Japanese Letters (35683) (Lv. 30)
Nature: Timid - Ability: Synchronize
Current Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch, Metronome
Tradeable Stock :
: 1

Notes:
I traded CoLsPaN for this and he said it was fully re-distributable. He however, did not reset it himself and there is a risk taken when trading for something that doesn't have a known RNG abuser you can trace back to. Not for trade until it passes a hack check.
Premier ribbon comes from incorrectly cloning on pokecheck...
And after checking serebii..sea chart mew doesnt have a premier ribbon. At least its usable in battles :)

Some events came with it (I think) which is why I had to check serebii. ..im pretty certain most mons with a premier ribbon got it that way

Last edited:
Premier ribbon comes from incorrectly cloning on pokecheck...
And after checking serebii..sea chart mew doesnt have a premier ribbon. At least its usable in battles :)

Some events came with it (I think) which is why I had to check serebii. ..im pretty certain most mons with a premier ribbon got it that way
Thanks for posting... would you all consider this legal for trading on the forum? The Ribbon kind of makes me feel like it's illegitimate...

Is there ever a way to take the Ribbon off? Like say, edit the monster some how? That's how it got it in the first place right?

Thanks for posting... would you all consider this legal for trading on the forum? The Ribbon kind of makes me feel like it's illegitimate...
Its not legal for trade here no
Is there ever a way to take the Ribbon off? Like say, edit the monster some how? That's how it got it in the first place right?
not really supposed to ask how to hack here....

Last edited:
Its not legal for trade here no
not really supposed to ask how to hack here....
Sorry, because I don't know how to hack, I'm not really sure what is considered hacking. Didn't realize removing a Ribbon that it got from cloning was considered hacking. I would have made a note of it on the thread either way, but I removed it, as this feels very illegitimate. Thanks for your time... No shiny Mew for me... :(

Someone on another site is offering me a Victini, this is the only info he's given me

Ball: Normal Pokeball
OT: TPC
ID: 17551

I'm not sure if Victini can be in a normal ball, I wasn't around for last gen's events.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Someone on another site is offering me a Victini, this is the only info he's given me

I'm not sure if Victini can be in a normal ball, I wasn't around for last gen's events.
The Japanese version had an event ticket to capture Victini, was this originally from a Japanese game?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Should be in a Cherish Ball if it’s from Tohoku and be OT: トウホク

Edit: Stupid keyboard, but yeah. That junk is definately hacked and I'm seeing it elsewhere being advertised as Kalos Born [It's not] and as this in other places [Victini | Gender n/a | victory star | jolly | IV spread (31/31/31/31/31/31) | event moves, fusion bolt v-create | TPC | 17551 | poke ball | Kalos Bred n/a]

Edit2: And yes, Liberty Pass Victini could be in a Pokeball and any ball available in Gen 5.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)