RMT Rate My CAP Team

Hi, this is my new team. What do you think? I beat someone 6-0 with it.

Venomoth @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Quiver Passer, passes to Aurumoth when low HP. Wonder Skin stops annoying confusion and sleep.

Aurumoth @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Team star, disguised as Krillowatt, beats anyone except Blissey or Bronzong.
Arghonaut @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Used for countering Syclant and other Aurumoth.

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch

Physical sweeper, beats anything specially defensive that Aurumoth can't.

Malaconda @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Leaf Blade
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail

Very hard to defeat without Bug moves. Protect is to get that Sitrus back.

Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Surf

All out attacker.

Hey there, welcome to CAP. First and foremost, while there's no hard and fast rule about it, you will probably get more traction if you post your RMT over in the CAP Meta section. It's dedicated to the CAP-using Meta, as opposed to this forum, which more focused on the creation aspect.

Secondly, you should probably beef up the descriptions a bit more. Try to have at least 3 or 4 sentences describing both the Mon's role in the team, its move options, what it counters, what counters it, etc. HealnDeal's Pink Bows RMT, in the aforementioned CAP Meta forum, is a good example of the type of description that usually goes into an RMT. There's also the official RMT guidelines from that section of the site, right here. While this isn't the RMT Forums, and some rules are less strictly enforced, they're still good guidelines for the process.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First of all, read this.

Secondly, once Krilowatt is out of the way (or even not in Mega-Pinsir's case), your team gets destroyed by flying spam. You also have literally no way to remove entry hazards, yet have two pokes weak to Stealth Rocks, and a team that can't handle Sticky Web. Fairies have a field day with your team once the Cawmodore is gone, and Haze Tomohawk shuts down all of your set-up pokes.

Lastly, win more than eight games before posting a team.

Just pointing this out, once krilowatt is eliminated, your team is destroyed by flying types, also, I think colossoil should take malaconda's spot, since you really need rapid spin.

Last edited:
I would suggest you run tinted lens Venomoth as that helps in doing more damage in not very effective hits and confusion and sleep are almost non-existent in CAP, even CAP Stall so I really dont think you should use Wonder Skin.
Malaconda on the other hand does not deserve a team slot if its not a sun team. As Tomohawk is the most used CAP and its Air Slash can easily counter Malaconda, and the fact that most offensive Tomo are used in Rain Teams with Hurricane, Malaconda is actually the most easiest to counter in your team, with or without bug types. When Krillo goes down Tomohawk can literally sweep your team in a second, and because of that I recommend that you use Cyclohm instead of Malaconda to stop Tomohawk from doing non-Taunt Haze stuff. Another reason for using Cyclohm is that when your Krilowatt goes down, Cawmodore also sweeps your team. And if the opponent has a HP flying Stratagem with Ancient Power and Technician, youre team can be destroyed easily. So I reccomend Colossoil instead of Arghonaut and if you still want a Syclant counter, Assault Vest Cyclohm can also counter unboosted Syclant well. But apart from that this team is pretty good. And be sure to give Colossoil Knock Off to deal with Chansey rather than just having Cawmodore to deal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)