XY OU XY OU Balanced Offensive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, This is the first team I've ever made and it has been decently successful. However, I feel that it can improve, and I will accept all advice gratefully.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom fills many roles in the battle. He handicaps walls with trick, cripples physical attackers with WoW, and acts as a general pivot with volt switch. He has proven to be very useful in the past but I am contemplating switching him out for Rotom-Fan to deal with the pesky Brelooms that seem to bother my team quite a bit.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Scizor pulls a lot of weight on my team. With his choice-band equipped, he can muscle his way through a lot of Pokés. I decided to give him some special bulk and pursuit to deal with the psychic types that hurt my Machamp. I slapped Defog on Sizor because neither Superpower nor brick have ever shown to be needed on scizor, and as of right now I don't have a spinner or defogger on my team.

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Machamp doesn't do as much work as scizor on average, but he is still a valuable asset on my team. I gave him ice punch instead of thunder punch or knock off because Gliscors can really give my team a tough time. Also, I decided to use bullet punch because the priority has proven to be a useful finishing move against pokes that have barely any health, especially since Machamp is rather slow and it is nice to avoid taking any extra damage from a faster Poké.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitude
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gliscor is probably my MVP during most of my matches, slowly wearing down my opponents until they admit defeat. Although it tanks physical attacks, this Poké can wall slower special attackers just by using substitute and protect to prevent the foe from even landing a hit. However, Gliscor is unable to touch Scarmory or other Gliscors.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I mainly have Politoad on my team for it's ability, Drizzle. However, with a choice specs attached, this toad blows holes through the enemy team with its rain boosted Hydro Pump. Drizzle has proven to be especially useful, occasionally saving my Scizor from being OHKOe'd by a HP Fire move, along with powering up Rotom-W's hydro pump if Politoed is down for the count.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I switched out Politoed for Greninja because it is a better special attacker. Protean gives all of its moves STAB and can counter pokés that bother me (especially Gliscor).

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal bell
- Seismic Toss

Blissey Chansey is now my Special Wall, along with outlasting special attackers, she also acts as a healer for my team, passing massive wishes to my other teammates, bringing them to full health. Also, although heal bell will get rid of my Gliscor's poison, it's not a big deal because unless the toxic orb is knocked off, he will just re-poison himself again, and healing burns off mach amp and scizor are so convenient. Online, she is amazing and definitely a staple on the team. However, for my 3ds team, it's impossible to get a wish passing chansey now, so I may need to use Vaporeon on there :/

Again, this is my first team I've ever built, so I understand that it probably has flaws. I would prefer to avoid using legendary Pokemon, but I am completely open to all suggestions in regards to improving my team. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
You could use Conkeldurr instead of Machamp as it can do the same thing but can take statuses and hit harder.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Nice team for a first timer :D One thing I'll suggest is that I think Greninja should replace Politoed.It has better Speed and Special Attack and a great ability in Protean with a nice movepool,so.
Greninja w/ Life Orb
EVs:252 SpAtk,252 Speed
Nature:Timid
Ability:Protean

Moveset
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Scald
Dark Pulse

No point in having Defog on a Banded Scizor,I suggest going Mega or replacing it with Bug Bite.Go for the Conkeldurr,Gliscor looks fine.Why don't you put Soft Boiled on Blissey?It's a one turn move and doesn't force you to put Protect on it(You can still let it be to Toxic Stall)so go for Soft Boiled :)
Good luck and all the best :)

Hey therem nice team, especially for a first-timer.

I agree with the changes provided by both youngsterjoey (I can't tag you, sorry) and BlazingRed, but I have a miner nitpick change on the greninja set.

Greninja:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Hydro pump hits nicely harder than scald, and ice beam already act as your main stab move. Extrasensory is to be able to hit mvenu, which seems troublesome.

As for rotom, that much speed is not needed, as the choice scarf already make it fast enogh, use this spread instead:

Rotom:
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

The speed is to outspeed greninja, max spa and the rest is put into its low hp, for extra bulk.

Defog is pretty meh in banded scizor, but I guess it works, if you don't need superpower...

I think you run WAY too much speed on gliscor, and I think this spread will prove more useful:

Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitude
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Finally, chansey is almost always better:

Chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic/heal bell
- Seismic Tos

You could consider running heal bell to protect your team from status, though this is kinda a double edged sword with gliscor... Then again if gliscor is burned before it gets it's toxic orb to activate ^^

Hope it helped

I'll make those changes and test them out. Thank you guys so much for the replies :D and what do you guys think about switching out chantey/blissey for vapor eon? I'm thinking of using this also as my 3ds team online and sadly I can't get a wish passing chansey/blissey on there :/

maybe something like...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Wish
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Of course if I do this, I'll have to keep drizzle politoad on my team (only for the 3ds) to provide rain for hydration rest.

Last edited:
I'll make those changes and test them out. Thank you guys so much for the replies :D and what do you guys think about switching out chantey/blissey for vapor eon? I'm thinking of using this also as my 3ds team online and sadly I can't get a wish passing chansey/blissey on there :/

maybe something like...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Wish
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Of course if I do this, I'll have to keep drizzle politoad on my team (only for the 3ds) to provide rain for hydration rest.
it could work, but why not just run wish + protect? this will make the set work outside of rain:

Vapereon
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Baton Pass/heal bell

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)