Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison ----> Poison/Ground

Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath ----> Regenerator

80/95/82/60/82/75 ----> 80/115/125/75/125/54 (--/+20/+43/+15/+43/-21)

New Moves: Recover, Bulldoze, Earthquake

Upon Mega Evolving, Mega Garbodor becomes very bulky and can support its team easily. Its new Ground type was added because it relates to dirt that can be part of garbage, and gives it a handy immunity to Electric and a double resist to Poison. Recovery and Regenerator help it survive longer, while making sense flavour-wise because of its Pokedex entry stating that the garbage it eats becomes part of it.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Carracosta
Typing: Water/Rock --> Water
Ability: Solid Rock/Sturdy/Swift Swim --> Multiscale
Stats: 74/108/133/83/65/32 --> 72/123/163/98/95/42
New Moves: Slack Off

Mega Carracosta is mainly a pokemon who is a wall. Its got some really nice defenses (Well, atleast its physical bulk is incredibly high), a pretty good defensive typing, access to reliable recovery, and with the incredible ability, Multiscale. It can wall out quite ba few offensive threats and with 123/98 offenses, it can definitely hit them back quite well. Mega Carracosta also works quite well as a Shell Smasher, with some already quite high attack and a be quite faster after a single shell smash.

Mega Cincinno
Typing: Normal --> Normal/Water
Ability: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link
Stats: 75/95/60/65/60/115 --> 75/125/80/75/80/135
New Move: Surf, Water Shuriken

Mega Cincinno is a pretty fast wallbreaker/sweeper. Its new typing comes from a bunch of mentions of oil in its pokedex entires. And since Oil is often associated with Water, I made Cincinno a water type. Since Cincinno could also be very ninja like dpending on its mega evos design, so I decided to give it Water Shuriken. Water Shuriken actually really compliments Mega Cincinno quite well, giving it Skill Linked Priority Stab is pretty much a gift from Arceus. It can do a good amount of damage and it can also take a couple hits too because of its moderate bulk.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Cincinno

Normal ----> Normal
Technician / Cute Charm / Skill Link
75 / 95 / 60 / 65 / 60 / 115 (470) ----> 75 / 115 (+20) / 80 (+20) / 75 (+10) / 80 (+20) / 145 (+30) (570)
New Moves: Bone Rush and Pin Missile

Mega Cincinno gets boosts from all over, and becomes a powerful Skill Link sweeper. Thanks to Skill Link, Mega Cincinno can abuse some now very powerful moves, such as Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap, as well as new moves in Bone Rush and Pin Missile. The stat increases are spread out for balancing purposes, and are pretty simplistic in that respect.

Mega Garbodor

Garbodor
Type: Poison -> Poison/Ground
Abilities: Stench, Weak Armor (Aftermath) -> Toxify (When this Pokemon contacts another, their type is changed to Poison, like Soak. Fails on Steel Types.)
New Moves: Dig, Earthquake, ExtremeSludge (40 BP, +1 Priority, Physical)

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 82 -> 117 (+35)
SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpD: 82 -> 117 (+35)
Spe: 75 -> 55 (-20)
BST: 474 -> 574

Remove STAB with ExtremeSludge, and then use Earthquake for SE! He's not as broken as you think - he is abysmally slow and wasted 20 points in Sp. Atk. He's also completely walled by Levitate Bronzong and Skarmony. He also doesn't enjoy Ground, Water, Ice and Psychic weaknesses.

Flavor:
It gets larger and becomes sorta like a Dugtrio. Toxify comes from how it can contaminate you.

SET:

Garbodor @ Garbodorite
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSludge
- Spikes/Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power Fire

ExtremeSludge cripples non-steel types, who then take SE damage from Earthquake. Because of added bulk, he can also spike reasonably. Hidden Power Fire is to deal with Steel-Types that would otherwise wall Garbodor.

I need a better name for extreme sludge tho.

Last edited:
I typically hate creating new abilities, so I will refrain from doing so unless I feel it necessary.

Type: Water/Rock -> Water/Rock
Ability: Solid Rock/Sturdy/Swift Swim -> Rock Head
New Moves: Head Smash, Double Edge, Cross Chop

HP: 74 -> 74 (+0)
Atk: 108 -> 133 (+25)
Def: 133 -> 148 (+15)
SpA: 83 -> 103 (+20)
SpD: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Spe: 32 -> 62 (+30)

The main purpose of this Mega is to help patch up some of the major flaws Carracosta has with Shell Smash sweeping while not straying too far from its original concept. (It has a rocky head to begin with, and its dex entry talks about the devastating slaps from its front appendages, so Cross Chop fits.) The speed boost to 62 helps it out greatly because even after a Shell Smash Carracosta was typically far too slow, but now it outspeeds Adamant Mega Aerodactyl after +2 with a neutral speed nature, alleviating any reliance on Aqua Jet and freeing up a slot for its new coverage move, Cross Chop, allowing it an easier time getting past Steel types. To keep up with other, harder hitting Megas, it also was given a gift in STAB recoil-less Head Smash to replace Stone Edge with. It also has enough Special Attack to run Ice Beam if it so desires to screw over some of its would-be counters like Chesnaught.
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark
Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Regenerator
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch, Fire Blast

HP: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 82 -> 122 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)

Not only does this help improve Garbodor's prominent niche of entry hazard setter, it also adds a heck of a lot more versatility and longevity to it. I gave it an added Dark typing because A) the concept of an evil trashbag amuses me and B) because it is such a great and under represented type, (only being weak to ground.) It also actually naturally had a lot of good Dark STABS to abuse like Payback and Dark Pulse, so it makes sense. The added bulk and regenerator help it come in throughout the match to set up hazards, (as with Stealth Rock in its movepool now, it has all of them except Sticky Web.) The added offenses help it actually hit back when needed to, either with powerful Gunk Shots and Paybacks or the new Fire Blast and boosted special attack to roast the Ferrothorns who think they can hazard trade. Heck, with Sucker Punch, it can even pull of a great Curse sweep. This garbage bag is very versatile and very deadly, so be careful what you throw out - it might come right back. With a vengeance.
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link -> Skill Link
New Moves: Play Rough, Pin Missile, Baton Pass

HP: 75 -> 75 (+0)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 115 -> 135 (+20)

Fairy Cincinno! Yeah, that's the main notable difference, along with the much better speed tier. I like Cincinno as a Skill Link sweeper, so I decided to focus on that, and give it a new additional factor to help give it the edge in the STAB Play Rough. Other than that, not drastically different. I just felt that for Cincinno, no major changes were needed. It has a good thing going for it, but it just needed to be a bit better. Now it is.
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Moonlight, Stored Power, Aura Sphere

HP: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Atk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
Def: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)

What's this, a Mega Gothitelle WITHOUT Shadow Tag? What is this madness you ask? Believe it or not, there is a method to my madness. Normal Gothitelle does a good job seeting up on or taking out niche threats, but it oftentimes finds it has trouble doing much of anything to whatever comes in to handle it. The purpose of my Gothitelle is simple; trap something you can set up on with Shadow Tag, start setting up with Calm Mind while occasionally using Moonlight to recover, (remember it still has Moonlight even before it Mega Evolves,) and once you have gained the sufficient boosts needed, Mega up and gain the Magic Guard ability, making you immune to the one thing that the opponent could conceivably use to take down Mega Gothitelle - status. Then you may proceed to sweep with Stored Power and Aura Sphere, or just run the traditional Psyshock for physical walls. This is a Mega that requires more tact to use than others, but the payoff is astronomical.

Last edited:
Bit of a shame there is no Space type...

Gothitelle
Abilities: Frisk, Competitive (Shadow Tag) -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: Doom Desire, Moonlight

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 55 -> 70 (+15)
Def: 95 -> 120 (+25)
SpA: 95 -> 140 (+45)
SpD: 110 -> 125 (+15)
Spe: 65 -> 70 (+5)
BST: 490 -> 590

She can use both Doom Desire and Future Sight to kill trapped Pokemon, while using Protect and Moonlight to restore health. The main problem with Doom Deisre and Future Sight is that the opponent can switch into a resistant Pokemon... not with Shadow Tag! Protect after choosing the move, then Moonlight, then BOOM! I sorta limited the Special-wall aspect aswell.

Flavor: She is based on a astral body so it deserves both Doom Desire and Moonlight as these are both space-related moves. I considered giving her Steel-typing but that could sorta make her a Jirachi clone...
SET

Gothitelle @ Gothitellite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Future Sight
- Moonlight
- Protect

Last edited:
Okay, I suppose it's better than Dark-type Snorlax...
Actually, to tell you the truth, I was just about to make Gothitelle part Dark type to go with its gothic theme as well, but I looked at its Pokedex entries and like Gardevoir, it seems to be very loyal to its trainer, so it seems weird making it "evil". (Dark is actually Evil type in japan.)

Garbodor, on the other hand...

"It clenches opponents with its left arm and finishes them off with foul-smelling poison gas belched from its mouth."

I'm sticking with that Dark type.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I was just about to make Gothitelle part Dark type to go with its gothic theme as well, but I looked at its Pokedex entries and like Gardevoir, it seems to be very loyal to its trainer, so it seems weird making it "evil". (Dark is actually Evil type in japan.)

Garbodor, on the other hand...

"It clenches opponents with its left arm and finishes them off with foul-smelling poison gas belched from its mouth."

I'm sticking with that Dark type.
I agree.

So here's the slate. I removed the new move that was added because the rules dictate so

Current Slate

Mega Carracosta
Type: Water/Rock -> Dark/Rock
Ability: SolidRock/Sturdy/SwiftSwim -> Water Absorb
New Moves: None

HP: 74 -> 74
Atk: 108 -> 128 (+20)
Def: 133 -> 160 (+27)
SpA: 83 -> 101 (+18)
SpD: 65 -> 76 (+11)
Spe: 32 -> 56 (+24)

Flavor Concept: Many Pokedex entries state that Carracosta can “live in the ocean and on land,” so its Mega evolution is more land-based. It gets quite a few Dark-type moves, so I replaced Water with Dark and gave it Water Absorb so it still has some Water-based traces.

Competitive Concept: Shell Smasher with solid mixed coverage and two decent immunities. Stone Edge, Earthquake, Knock Off, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Superpower, and Iron Head provide great versatile coverage to handle what the rest of your team can’t after a boost or two.

Pro Tips: Kill all potential users of Fighting-type priority before attempting a sweep.

Carracosta (Carracostite)
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Strong Jaw
New Moves: Ice Fang, Poison Fang

Atk: 108 -> 130 (+22)
Def: 133 -> 150 (+17)
SpA: 83 -> 93 (+10)
SpD: 65 -> 92 (+27)
Spe: 32 -> 56 (+24)
BST: 495 -> 595

Carracosta is known for its incredible jaw strength, chewing up steel beams and rocks along with their prey. With its new ability, Carracosta now has even greater coverage options. It now has a physical Ice-type move, and a usable one at that, as well as a powerful Crunch. It still has common weaknesses to Grass, Fighting, and Electric, so watch out for that. Make sure to eliminate Mega Venusaur and anything with Mach Punch before trying to sweep.

Carracosta
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Adaptability
New Moves: Stone Edge, Poison Jab

Atk: 108 -> 140(+22)
Def: 133 -> 160(+27)
SpA: 83 -> 93(+10)
SpD: 65 -> 90(+25)
Spe: 32 -> 48(+16)

Adding some more bulk and power, Carracosta is a great slow attacker that can increase its speed via shell smash and make him kill everything :D

Carracosta
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Bulletproof
New Moves: Stone Edge

Atk: 108 -> 133(+25)
Def: 133 -> 158(+25)
SpA: 83 -> 93(+10)
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 32 -> 32

Its shell looks like a bulletproof vest, and the ability helps against some of its biggest weaknesses (Bullet Seed and Energy Ball don't affylect it). Tried to make the stat spread geared more towards using Curse than having it be another Shell Smasher.

Mega Carracosta
Typing: Water/Rock --> Water
Ability: Solid Rock/Sturdy/Swift Swim --> Multiscale
Stats: 74/108/133/83/65/32 --> 72/123/163/98/95/42
New Moves: Slack Off

Mega Carracosta is mainly a pokemon who is a wall. Its got some really nice defenses (Well, atleast its physical bulk is incredibly high), a pretty good defensive typing, access to reliable recovery, and with the incredible ability, Multiscale. It can wall out quite ba few offensive threats and with 123/98 offenses, it can definitely hit them back quite well. Mega Carracosta also works quite well as a Shell Smasher, with some already quite high attack and a be quite faster after a single shell smash.

Mega Carracosta
Ability: Solid Rock/Sturdy/Swift Swim -> Rock Head
New Moves: Head Smash, Double Edge, Cross Chop

HP: 74 -> 74 (+0)
Atk: 108 -> 133 (+25)
Def: 133 -> 148 (+15)
SpA: 83 -> 103 (+20)
SpD: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Spe: 32 -> 62 (+30)

The main purpose of this Mega is to help patch up some of the major flaws Carracosta has with Shell Smash sweeping while not straying too far from its original concept. (It has a rocky head to begin with, and its dex entry talks about the devastating slaps from its front appendages, so Cross Chop fits.) The speed boost to 62 helps it out greatly because even after a Shell Smash Carracosta was typically far too slow, but now it outspeeds Adamant Mega Aerodactyl after +2 with a neutral speed nature, alleviating any reliance on Aqua Jet and freeing up a slot for its new coverage move, Cross Chop, allowing it an easier time getting past Steel types. To keep up with other, harder hitting Megas, it also was given a gift in STAB recoil-less Head Smash to replace Stone Edge with. It also has enough Special Attack to run Ice Beam if it so desires to screw over some of its would-be counters like Chesnaught.

Carracosta
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Unbreakable (Cannot Lower its own stats)
New Moves: Super Power

Atk: 108 -> 153 (+45)
SpD: 65 -> 110 (+45)
Spe: 32 -> 15 (-17)

There's little to it, Shell Smash without losing Attack Stats... this is like the Crustle you forgot I made.

Mega Garbodor
Ability: Stench/WeakArmor/Aftermath -> Thick Fat
New Moves: Recover, Knock Off

Def: 82 -> 124 (+42)
SpA: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpD: 82 -> 120 (+38)

Flavor Concept: It’s a fat, evil pile of trash. Garbodor knocks off people’s items to add to itself, and it can recover by gaining more bits of trash.

Competitive Concept: Bitchly physical tank with only one weakness and loads of resistances. MeGarbodor can set up Spikes, Recover, Knock Off the opponents’ items, and deal heavy damage with Gunk Shot. Fairly straightforward.

Pro Tips: There’s not much room for deviation outside of the four moves listed in the Competitive Concept.

Garbodor (Garbodorite)
Type: Poison -> Poison
Abilities: Stench, Weak Armor (Aftermath) -> Plague (Opponents take damage equal to 1/8 of their HP each turn. Poison types are immune to this damage and Steel types only lose 1/16 of their HP)
New Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

Atk: 95 -> 119 (+24)
Def: 82 -> 120 (+38)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 82 -> 120 (+38)
Spe: 75 -> 65 (-10)

Garbodor becomes an excellent wall and hazard setter, as most defoggers will be taking damage thanks to its ability. It also has Infestation to trap and provide an extra 1/8 per turn, and along with Toxic it can clear walls and offensive 'mons alike. Its biggest rival is another Poison-type Mega, Venusaur, which doesn't take much damage from it and can use Leech Seed. There are also offensive threats like Garchomp and Latios which can hit hard with their STAB quickly, avoiding too much passive damage.

Mega Garbodor
Type: Poison -> Poison/Steel
Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Filter
New Moves: Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Metal Claw

Def: 82 -> 154 (+70)
SpA: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 75 -> 45 (-30)

Flavor Concept: Garbodor goes into a Dumpster.

Competitive Concept: Sets up hazards and walls attacks with a terrific set of resistances, backed up by Filter to shore up its 4x Ground weakness. A great companion to any Dragon, as it resists Fairy x4 and Ice/Dragon x2 (and also has a handy Rock resist, considering how many Dragons have secondary types weak to Rock). Moves like Clear Smog, Haze, Drain Punch, and Pain Split keep Megarbodor alive and dumping. Finally, beyond the obvious poison damage, this trash heap can be a real jerk with Infestation and Spite.

Garbodor
Abilities: Stench, Weak Armor (Aftermath) -> Acid Absorb (Heals 1/4 of its max hp if when hit by Poison moves, Poison immunity.
New Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

Atk: 95 -> 110(+15)
Def: 82 -> 110(+28)
SpA: 60 -> 70(+10)
SpD: 82 -> 110(+28)
Spe: 75 -> 94(+19)

The perfect anti stall pokemon, which gets a nice new type added and much more bulk :D

Garbodor
Type: Poison -> Poison/Steel
Abilities: Stench, Weak Armor (Aftermath) -> Biohazard (Automatically Toxics any Water, Flying, Grass, Fairy and Bug type on the switch)
New Moves: Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon

Atk: 95 -> 115(+20)
Def: 82 -> 117(+35)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 82 -> 117(+35)
Spe: 75 -> 85(+10)

Poison all the things! Super weak to Ground, but picks up some resistances from the Steel typing. Pretty much a designated Fairy slayer.

Mega Garbodor

Poison ----> Poison/Ground

Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath ----> Regenerator

80/95/82/60/82/75 ----> 80/115/125/75/125/54 (--/+20/+43/+15/+43/-21)

New Moves: Recover, Bulldoze, Earthquake

Upon Mega Evolving, Mega Garbodor becomes very bulky and can support its team easily. Its new Ground type was added because it relates to dirt that can be part of garbage, and gives it a handy immunity to Electric and a double resist to Poison. Recovery and Regenerator help it survive longer, while making sense flavour-wise because of its Pokedex entry stating that the garbage it eats becomes part of it.

Garbodor
Abilities: Stench, Weak Armor (Aftermath) -> Toxify (When this Pokemon contacts another, their type is changed to Poison, like Soak. Fails on Steel Types.)
New Moves: Dig, Earthquake

Def: 82 -> 117 (+35)
SpA: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpD: 82 -> 117 (+35)

Mega Garbodor
Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Regenerator
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch, Fire Blast

HP: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Def: 82 -> 122 (+40)
SpA: 60 -> 90 (+30)

Not only does this help improve Garbodor's prominent niche of entry hazard setter, it also adds a heck of a lot more versatility and longevity to it. I gave it an added Dark typing because A) the concept of an evil trashbag amuses me and B) because it is such a great and under represented type, (only being weak to ground.) It also actually naturally had a lot of good Dark STABS to abuse like Payback and Dark Pulse, so it makes sense. The added bulk and regenerator help it come in throughout the match to set up hazards, (as with Stealth Rock in its movepool now, it has all of them except Sticky Web.) The added offenses help it actually hit back when needed to, either with powerful Gunk Shots and Paybacks or the new Fire Blast and boosted special attack to roast the Ferrothorns who think they can hazard trade. Heck, with Sucker Punch, it can even pull of a great Curse sweep. This garbage bag is very versatile and very deadly, so be careful what you throw out - it might come right back. With a vengeance.

Mega Cinccino
Type: Normal -> Normal
Ability: CuteCharm/Technician/SkillLink -> Skill Link
New Moves: Superpower

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Spe: 115 -> 125 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Not much to explain. Superpower because it’s strong, I guess.

Competitive Concept: Improved Cinccino that can sweep with Skill Link and powerful Normal/Grass/Rock coverage in addition to one of Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Superpower, and U-Turn. Not exactly a top-tier threat, but can be threatening with the right support.

Pro Tips: I don’t have anything to say here, so I’ll add that I just realized TailSlap/Superpower/KnockOff/RockBlast provides what is probably the best coverage, though you can probably add U-Turn in there for Rock Blast.

Cinccino (Cinccinoite)
Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician (Skill Link) -> Skill Link
New Moves: Arm Thrust, Bone Rush, Icicle Spear
Atk: 95 -> 130 (+45)
SpA: 65 -> 65
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 115 -> 140 (+25)
BST: 470 -> 570

Now that's what I call coverage. Bone Rush and Icicle Spear are now powerful 125 BP moves, Arm Thrust is a decent 75 power, and otherwise Mega Cinccino is just a more powerful version of itself.

Mega Cinccino
Typing: Normal ----> Normal
Abilities: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link ----> Escalation (Multi-hit moves always hit all of their hits; they are also powered up by 1/4 for each consecutive hit.)
BST: 75/95/60/65/60/115 ----> 75/120/100/65/85/125
New Moves: Arm Thrust

Escalation, the custom ability, not only pretty much powers up Cinccino's 5-hit moves by 50%, it also threatens Multiscale users and Substitudes more than just s straight up power boost. For Multiscale, as it will only activate for the first hit, the users are forced to take the more powerful hits coming after the first one; Substitudes are the same, only with the sub breaking. Mega Cinccino also received a huge boost in its bulk, which gives it more opportunities to set up with... uh, Work Up? Lack of boosting moves still hampers it. Also, Mega Cinccino is completely walled by Mega Mawile, Aegislash if it doesn't pack Knock Off, or Bisharp if it lacks Arm Thrust.

Mega Cinccino
Abilities: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link) -> Skill Link
New Moves: Coil, Low Kick
Def: 60 -> 120 (+60)
SpA: 65 -> 65 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 115 -> 95 (-20)

Flavor Concept: The scarf goes wild! Cinccino has a whole boa to work with!

Competitive Concept: Wanted to be different from the generic "make Cinccino a better Skill Linker" concept while maintaining its basic role. Way I see it, the natural progression is for Cino to get more fur, thus more bulk, in exchange for speed (but let's not slow down too much!). Rather than expanding coverage, this Mega Cino is optimized by Coil, which not only makes sense flavorwise (after all, that scarf is coiled nicely around its neck) but boosts three extremely relevant stats. Attack is a given, defense is nice to supplement Cino's newfound bulk, and accuracy nicely assists Tail Slap and Rock Blast. Low Kick by and large would hit harder than Arm Thrust against Steel (really don't want to give a cute chinchilla the power to summon bones); otherwise, Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Bullet Seed are all great options.

Cinccino
Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician (Skill Link) -> Deflection Fur (Magic Bounce Copy :3)
New Moves: Swords Dance
Atk: 95 -> 120 (+35)
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Spe: 115 -> 130 (+15)

Just look at his pokedex entry, and you will understand :3

Cinccino
Abilities: Cute Charm, Technician (Skill Link) -> Skill Link
New Moves: Hone Claws (might already get it)
Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)

Mega Cincinno
Typing: Normal --> Normal/Water
Ability: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link
Stats: 75/95/60/65/60/115 --> 75/125/80/75/80/135
New Move: Surf, Water Shuriken

Mega Cincinno is a pretty fast wallbreaker/sweeper. Its new typing comes from a bunch of mentions of oil in its pokedex entires. And since Oil is often associated with Water, I made Cincinno a water type. Since Cincinno could also be very ninja like dpending on its mega evos design, so I decided to give it Water Shuriken. Water Shuriken actually really compliments Mega Cincinno quite well, giving it Skill Linked Priority Stab is pretty much a gift from Arceus. It can do a good amount of damage and it can also take a couple hits too because of its moderate bulk.

Mega Cincinno

Normal ----> Normal
Technician / Cute Charm / Skill Link
75 / 95 / 60 / 65 / 60 / 115 (470) ----> 75 / 115 (+20) / 80 (+20) / 75 (+10) / 80 (+20) / 145 (+30) (570)
New Moves: Bone Rush and Pin Missile

Mega Cincinno gets boosts from all over, and becomes a powerful Skill Link sweeper. Thanks to Skill Link, Mega Cincinno can abuse some now very powerful moves, such as Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap, as well as new moves in Bone Rush and Pin Missile. The stat increases are spread out for balancing purposes, and are pretty simplistic in that respect.

Mega Cinccino
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm/Technician/Skill Link -> Skill Link
New Moves: Play Rough, Pin Missile, Baton Pass

HP: 75 -> 75 (+0)

Fairy Cincinno! Yeah, that's the main notable difference, along with the much better speed tier. I like Cincinno as a Skill Link sweeper, so I decided to focus on that, and give it a new additional factor to help give it the edge in the STAB Play Rough. Other than that, not drastically different. I just felt that for Cincinno, no major changes were needed. It has a good thing going for it, but it just needed to be a bit better. Now it is.

Mega Cinccino A
HP:
Attack: 90 (+55) = 145
Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 60
Speed: 115 (+45) = 160
Ability: Skill Link
Type: Normal / Fighting

Newly Learned moves:
Fury Cutter, Arm Thrust, Extremespeed

Mega Gothitelle
Ability: Frisk/Competitive/ShadowTag -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: None

Atk: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Def: 95 -> 70 (-25)
SpD: 110 -> 140 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Not much changes

Competitive Concept: More of a powerful revenger than an anti-stall Shadow Tag mon. Poor coverage and typing in addition to awkward stat distribution let it down, but it can still trap and deal heavy damage to common threats like Venusaur, Gyarados, Ferrothorn, etc.

Pro Tips: Invest heavily in speed and watch out for Pursuit users.

Gothitelle (Gothitellite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Ghost
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam

Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)

Gothitelle is known as the "Astral Body Pokémon", a philosophical idea linked to out-of-body experiences and the afterlife. This Pokémon is by design dark and gloomy. It can see the future, and as the Pokédex stresses, it knows when its trainer is going to die. All this lends itself to a Ghost type, which can be espescially useful as one of the few wielders of Shadow Tag. It now has an immunity to Normal and Fighting, and resists Poison and Psychic, so it has more switch-in opportunities. Of course it comes with even greater Ghost and Dark weaknesses, and it espescially has trouble with Pursuit users.

Mega Gothitelle
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Trace
New Moves: None (I'd love to bestow Lovely Kiss for flavor, but it'd make Shadow Tag Goth way too powerful)

Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Spe: 65 -> 95 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Gothitelle's weird plated dress opens to reveal layers of spikes, the hair is streamlined into a "ponytail".

Competitive Concept: A tracer that uses her non-Mega abilities to her advantage. With Frisk, Goth can scout before stealing a better ability. With Competitive, she can aim to rack up a Special Attack boost. And with Shadow Tag, beyond general trapping, she can pick and choose what ability she steals. Gothitelle already learns Dark Pulse and Foul Play, meaning both her STABs have the option of hitting both defenses (given Psychic/Psyshock). Moreover, she now loses her weaknesses to Dark and Ghost (but her new ability to shrug off Pursuit means now she REALLY hates U-Turn).

The biggest thing is that I'm really into the idea of Gothie getting a different role as a Mega than what she has in regular form; she's the only Shadow Tagger that isn't already Mega and isn't Wobbuffet, so she has the only opportunity to really show us what we could do with a "temporary trapper".

Gothitelle
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Nasty Plot

Spe: 65 -> 55 (-10)

Yay a good trapper :3

Gothitelle
Abilities: Frisk, Competitive (Shadow Tag) -> Strange Suggestion (Opponent's Atk and Sp. Atk are switched
New Moves: n/a

SpA: 95 -> 110 (+15)
No longer a Shadow Tagger, but it can serve as an excellent pivot by neutering attackers that rely on one side of the spectrum to do damage. Needs to rely on Wish and/or Aromatherapy to stay healthy for the whole match though.

Mega Gothitelle
Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magic Guard
New Moves: Moonlight, Stored Power, Aura Sphere

HP: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Atk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
Def: 95 -> 125 (+30)

What's this, a Mega Gothitelle WITHOUT Shadow Tag? What is this madness you ask? Believe it or not, there is a method to my madness. Normal Gothitelle does a good job seeting up on or taking out niche threats, but it oftentimes finds it has trouble doing much of anything to whatever comes in to handle it. The purpose of my Gothitelle is simple; trap something you can set up on with Shadow Tag, start setting up with Calm Mind while occasionally using Moonlight to recover, (remember it still has Moonlight even before it Mega Evolves,) and once you have gained the sufficient boosts needed, Mega up and gain the Magic Guard ability, making you immune to the one thing that the opponent could conceivably use to take down Mega Gothitelle - status. Then you may proceed to sweep with Stored Power and Aura Sphere, or just run the traditional Psyshock for physical walls. This is a Mega that requires more tact to use than others, but the payoff is astronomical.

Gothitelle
New Moves: Doom Desire, Moonlight

Atk: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 110 -> 125 (+15)
Spe: 65 -> 70 (+5)

She can use both Doom Desire and Future Sight to kill trapped Pokemon, while using Protect and Moonlight to restore health. The main problem with Doom Deisre and Future Sight is that the opponent can switch into a resistant Pokemon... not with Shadow Tag! Protect after choosing the move, then Moonlight, then BOOM! I sorta limited the Special-wall aspect aswell.

Flavor: She is based on a astral body so it deserves both Doom Desire and Moonlight as these are both space-related moves. I considered giving her Steel-typing but that could sorta make her a Jirachi clone...
SET

Gothitelle @ Gothitellite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Future Sight
- Moonlight
- Protect

Last edited:
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE PEOPLE!
Before I forget, here is mine: I have 2 ideas for my favorite normal type to consider:
http://jirehtheprovider.deviantart.com/art/Radical-Cinccino-Mega-Evolution-410240437
Mega Cinccino A
HP:

Newly Learned moves:

Base Stats:
Mega Cinccino B
HP:
Attack: 90
Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
Sp. Attack: 65 (+20) = 85
Sp. Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
Speed: 115
Type: Normal / Fairy
Newly Learned Moves:
Cosmic Power, Dazzling Gleam, Recover

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE PEOPLE!
Before I forget, here is mine: I have 2 ideas for my favorite normal type to consider:
http://jirehtheprovider.deviantart.com/art/Radical-Cinccino-Mega-Evolution-410240437
Mega Cinccino A
HP:

Newly Learned moves:

Base Stats:
Mega Cinccino B
HP:
Attack: 90 (-30. transferred to Sp. Attack) = 60
Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
Sp. Attack: 65 ([30] + [5]) = 100
Sp. Defense: 60 (+40) = 100
Speed: 115 (-5.transferred to Sp. Attack) = 110
Type: Normal / Fairy
Newly Learned Moves:
Cosmic Power, Dazzling Gleam, Recover
Your not allowed to decrease attack, but I honestly think you're A submission should be counted since the two posts where so close together. Also I believe you can only pick 1 submission, so pick ono these to put in the slate

Err, I'm pretty sure you can only put up one submission for each poke.

Also, next slate:

7/29 - 7/31
Emolga
Escavalier
Amoonguss
Jellicent

Ehhh, I prefer the slate next to this one more.

Oh well, Escavalier has the same type as Scizor and Durant, and is pretty similar to Scizor which sucks for Escavalier. I'd say give it more speed and/or a speed-boosting ability. Maybe Motor Drive?

It'll take quite something to make Mega Emolga viable. I'm thinking mixed sweeper/pivot with Download.

Escavalier might end up similar to Mega Heracross as a slow-moving tank with a ridiculous attack stat and great ability. Anyone who suggests Flash Fire should be banned from Smogon. Permanently. Perhaps something to do with its two lances.

Better defenses or more offensive presence is all Amoonguss needs to be a top-tier threat in OU. Exercise caution before giving it +50 in each defense stat.

Project Make_Jellicent_Viable_Again: Honestly, all it really needs is a stat boost. It already has a fantastic typing and movepool.

Looking at emolga, we could make her either prioritize her electric attacks, or prioritize status with prankster. It's how I see it. Honestly, Jellicent could have an ability where all of its attacks give it 1/8 health regeneration with every use. Make the krakens way slower, but bulker overall. And importantly, not hitting so hard

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright guys just so you know I will be collecting votes from Jireh the provider's submission as well. He told me to go for his A submission, so any votes given to him willgo towards that.

But yeah, I'm not sure what to do for most of the next slate, I'm thinking of trying to revive Jellicents viability from last gen with the mega, but not sure for the rest

Carracosta
Abilities: Solid Rock, Sturdy (Swift Swim) -> Unbreakable (Cannot Lower its own stats)

There's little to it, Shell Smash without losing Attack Stats... this is like the Crustle you forgot I made.

I'm gonna be pissed if I'm too late.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Carracosta

I'm gonna be pissed if I'm too late.
Yeah unfortunately your too late

Also, Mew King could you please add Jireh's A submission to the slate, also you put somebody's Cincinno submission where there should be JayHankEdLyon's Garbador submission

The ability I thought of for Amoongus was the same as what had been used for Mega Parasect -Propagate, which auto-Leech Seeds as it switches in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)