XY OU Reach For The Sky - Crawdaunt The Sheriff Ft. MegaVoir [OU - 1679 +]

Does ScarfChomp need replacing?

• Yes

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

Introduction
Hello everyone, I go by the username GreenMonkey alt (AssortedBonBons), and for quite sometime I have been trying my darndest to make a team around my favourite pokemon Crawdaunt for gen 6. In gen 5 Crawdaunts niches in OU mainly relied heavily on rain offence or a trick room team. With the transition to gen 6 Crawdaunt got a nifty new move called knock off which absolutely smashes an opposing team apart, because if you aren't being hit by a LO Adaptability boosted knock off (strongest in the game) then you take a ton of damage and lose your item. With this team I realised that for it to work i needed a quite "unusual" PSD (psychic, dark fight) core to allow Crawdaunt the opportunites to destroy the opposition. The definition of glass cannon exemplified, bar the speed, ladies and gentlemen I give you my Crawdaunt X-Y OU team, Enjoy! (Edits in RED)

Crawdaunt & Co

The Sheriff (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Super Power

The Sheriff gives the opponent two options, both of which I benefit from greatly, take a lot of damage/get OHKO'ed or lose your item from your "counter/check". Crawdaunt excels at wall breaking, a knock of 2HKO's Mega Venusaur and OHKO's many unprepared pokemon in the tier. However this little lobster is undeniably frail and hence needs safe switchins generated by Landorous-Therian. It can beat Azumarills on the switch with knock off + crabhammer, and nearly always wins vs scizor 1v1 as Crabhammer OHKO's after rocks. Superpower is on this set not only as a filler, but it can be used to demolish roosting skarmories and mandibuzzs which crabhammer 2HKO's anyway.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Atk / 192 Def / 92 Spe
Lax
Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- HP Fire
- Stealth Rock

Following on from my point earlier about needing safe switch ins, lando fits the bill perfectly. Immune to electric and neutral to grass (looking at you breloom) it checks any checks/counters that crawdaunt may have difficulty dismantling and sets up rocks for Crawdaunts ease. EdgeQuake is here to kill BirdSpam and the like. Not much to say about lando except hes very reliable and is often a game changer. Sidenote: was chosen over gliscor due to intimidate and greater offensive presence. EDIT: Missing is a pain so RS was chosen over SE. Ty, to aim for the Lando speed evs and changes to this and Tornadus-T's set. EDIT: HP was taken here as Mega Scizor loves to set up in my face and Hp fire is 2HKO guaranteed. I had to sacrifice EQ for this, but my team can handle Heatran pretty well, and Rock Slide is a good Neutral hit against it, HP fire also allows me to 2HKO Brelooms so far I am loving the change!

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 112 Spe / 252 Atk / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr capitalises on scared/dead psychic types that crawdaunt deals with and as many know can rip through teams by spamming drain punch (especially late game where he excels). I opted out of Knock off for stone edge because A) Crawdaunt does it better and B) A million and one pinsirs/talonflames love to switch in on conky here...which only ever leads to one thing, instantaneous death. Im not one for descriptions but part of the team-building choice behind conky was that he is a perfect status absorber that may come into crawdaunts way. EDIT: Swapping SE/Knock off for thunder punch guarantees a 2HKO on Azumarills and the 144 Spe Evs are to speed creep 44 Spe Azumarill which seems to be the norm with the AV/Band sets nowadays, of course the belly drum set has a lot more to outspeed rotoms wash but often they will try to belly drum on the switch at which point Thunder Punch grabs the KO.

A Fallen Member

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower

To be honest ScarfChomp here is kind of a filler pokemon, don't get me wrong hes great and all at picking up the peices from Crawdaunt, but often he goes unused and I would grealty take any suggestions to replace him with preferably a special scarfer that isnt ruined by a flying type move and can easily deal with them, because frankly although it hasnt been an issue i dislike having two 4X Ice type weaknesses on my team, it only takes a smart player to realise this and before you know it im switching into frail Crawdaunt to take those hits. Oh and flamethrower to 2HKO common steel types and over FBlast because i dislike missing my moves.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs:
160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
-
Super Power

Tornadus Therian has replaced Garchomp due to it being another bulky pivot, but specially defensive with AV + Regenerator. The chip damage from u turn allows other pokemon to come in effectively and often reduces 2HKO's to 1HKO's. Tornadus can also provide useful late game as well, similar to Garchomp with its powerful hurricane STAB which was mainly chosen because Mega Venusaur runs rampant if MegaVoir goes down. Hurricane grabs the OHKO after rocks and is more threatening than Air slash. AV allows it to tank any of Venusaurs moves and recover any damage with its ability. Focus miss is to help with wearing down heatrans for MegaVoir and is generally good coverage. EDIT: Super Power hits harder than Fblast on the things it needs to hit (and will hit 100& acc :) ) E.g T-tar and Heatran.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Mega Gardevoir is a thing of beauty really, not just aesthetically but typing wise and has great synergy with Crawdaunt and Conkeldurr. Pretty much like Crawdaunt, Gardevoir 2HKO's the meta game, barring aegislash whom lando and garchomp quickly dispose of if Crawdaunt doesn't fancy getting his claws dirty. Psyshock to kill pink blobs and to spray weedkiller onto mega venusaurs and any fighting types that pose a threat to Crawdaunt.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

It quickly became apparent that hazard stacking and fairies posed a problem for my team being as offensive as it is. Scizor fits the bill for both of these things and rounds out the FDS core and helps with fending off Crawdaunts grass weakness. Not only this but U turn grants even more opportunities for MegaVoir or Crawdaunt to grab a quick kill. EDIT: 160 SpD Evs round off scizor to have effectively a 100 base stat in both defences of 236, to maximise roosts potential and defog chances vs stall.

Outro/Replays
I know its not a lot in terms of description and if anyone could tell me how to do the show/hide thing it would be greatly appreciated as would a rate, any suggestions at all will be considered seriously! So far I am very happy with this team, barring my mental itch to replace ScarfChomp.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144709089 - Priority :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144706298 - A burn, Pah!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144704466 - Please don't set up in my face
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144957718 - MegaVoir Ft. Rage Quit
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-144961694 - Identifiy weakness & abuse
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-145093638 - Kids the Focus Miss be real, But don't worry Hurricane can land...

Honourable
Mentions

Politoed @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 168 Hp / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Politoed was initially in place of MegaVoir when Garchomp was still on the team, but the specs variant being as predictable as it is is walled by Chansey etc, and the rain did not benefit Crawdaunt as much as it would have in Gen 5. For that reason MegaVoir took this frogs place and I have never looked back.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

If you do decide to try out the Pre-Rmt rain variant MilkyWay01 suggested to run Mega Scizor than just regular Scizor with lefties to provide more options for set up sweeps, albeit getting rid of hazard control but it shouldn't matter when you set up on common checks like Lando-T, Gliscor etc.

Threatslist (Needs help)

Azumarill:

This devastating little bunny rips this team to shreds if it is the Belly Drum variant, other variants like AV or Band usually require wearing down by rocks or from switching into Crawdaunts knock off which does 45% ish.

Mega Venusaur:

Mega venusaur i a threat because the only sure fire way to kill it is with rocks and a Psyshock from MegaVoir, EDIT: Tornadus-T is now in the team to help deal with Venu and OHKO it back after rocks.

Mega Scizor:

Mega Scizor is a real problem if it gets an SD up, usually I have to trade my Crawdaunt with it 2HKOing it with Crabhammer. EDIT: Lando-T has HP fire as another way to 2HKO Mega Scizor.

Mega Pinsir:

Rock Slide from Lando-T handles this guy nicely, but funnily enough all of the times i have OHKO'ed Pinsir are from silly opponents sending it in on Mega Voir/Crawdaunt at which point they get OHKO'ed. As always the first priority is to get rocks up.

Talonflame:

Lando-T counters this, even if it gets burned Rock Slide cripples it to the point where it must fire off self inflicting Brave Birds. Get rocks up, throw rocks at it.

Staraptor:

Scarfed/Banded Raptor means that Lando-T Has to be almost full health to avoid being 2HKO'ed, something dies to get rid of this unless Rocks + Crawdaunts AQ Jet somehow save the day. All these birds put a lot of pressure on Lando-T which is why it's imperative to get rocks up!

Importable: (Feel free to use but don't claim as your own etc. etc.)

Sheriff (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Super Power

EVs: 224 HP / 4 SpA / 192 Def / 92 Spe
Lax Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Super Power

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Attachments

Last edited:
ALWAYS use Dragon Dance on Crawdaunt (Replace superpower theres literally no point for having it) so you can use it to its fullest potential. You also want to use a sticky web user (Smeargle) so Crawdaunt can outspeed the team. Also use Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower as the accuracy difference is almost non-existant also use rock slide or stone edge over dragon claw for more coverage. Also its worth saying that mega charizard Y and Mega charizard X after chomp dies can be a problem to your team.

RE: Crawdaunt, I will replace Superpower, for DD. (Nice suggestion)

RE: Sticky web, the point isnt a crawdaunt sweep, as hes mainly a hit and run, plus defog/spin are so rampant that DD like you suggested would be better than slowing them down as it has the added benefit of +1 atk. A sticky web user would hinder the teams synergy and in my experience is much more effective in lower tiers where the aforementioned moves are so commonly run, (in nearly all of my replays there were hazard removers, plus my own scizor at that!)

RE: Garchomp, Im sorry but when it comes to accuracy over power when two moves offer 2HKO's i always pick accuracy even if the difference is small. I know stone edge is commonly run on ScarfChomp sets but i have two other pokemon to deal with birds. And if coverage is garchomps problem then id rather not run it because scarf locks me anyway.

RE: Mega Zard, Mostly dealth by Crawdaunt if special, even in the sun and lando-t kills Mega X, the will o set gets 2HKOed by Conky with guts and with the amount of rocks that are flying everywhere the Zard twins are usually dealt with and are too scared to come in on most of my team bar scizor (which nearly always u turns out)

Overall: Thanks a lot for your suggestions I will add DD over Superpower and will test SE/FBlast even though i dislike both of those low accuracy moves. :)

Change the spread on your conkeldurr to 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD. AV basically lets you get 1.5 SpD points for every 4 SpD EVs, making you tank special attacks like nobody's business. Also 0 HP investment maximizes Drain Punch recovery, percentage-wise.

Also consider a more defensive EV spread on Scizor. You need to be able to tank hits if you want to spend turns Defogging, and he's not your main source of offense anyway. Also with Scizor as your Defogger, you have a 4x Fire weakness in a defensive pivot and only 1 not-very-bulky Fire resist in Crawdaunt.

Is there a reason for the specific EV spread on your Tornadus-T?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/help/bb-codes to learn about BB codes for Smogon.

Hi Kwan thanks for the tips on Conkledurr, as well as the spdef investment over HP should i run around 140 or speed evs to outspeed azumarill? And I just tested running thunder punch for stone edge: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It really helped in my last few games where taking out azumarill was basically a win condition for conkeldurr and crawdaunt.

RE: Tornadus EVs, the 132 SpA evss are to get an OHKO on keldeo (which with AV it checks anyway) the 216 speed is to outspeed scarf t-tar and base 105 pinsir if im not mistaken. The rest is in HP for some added bulk.

RE: Scizor as defogger, I think I shall switch up the evs on him, I realised he does have a 4x fire weakness and crawdaunt isnt the best resist, however it being the only weakness is easily dealt with by other team members and predicted switches into fire types are easily u turned out of. With regards to the evs for defence, should I go max def or balance out Spdef to match his base 100 in Def and put the rest into attack? Not sure which way to go with that as my team can sponge special and physical hits nicely but its true that roost will become more pointless without more defensive evs.

RE: BB code editor, Thanks a bunch! It will help a lot in improving any future Rmts :)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey GreenMonkey cool team! I love how Crawdaunt is just a nuke and paired with Mega Gardevoir seems like a pretty neat idea! I have a few suggestions that I feel can make this team just a bit better! First off, I don't know how usefull Dragon Dance is on Crawdaunt, especially in the ou tier. It doesn't have the best stats and there are not many pokemon that it can set up on. It generally will only get one knock out after a DD anyway as there is so much priority in OU that will be able to revenge kill this mon and because Crawdaunt isn't the fastest pokemon, it won't be able to outspeed that priority. So my suggestion is changing Crawdaunt to Choice Band. Why not come in on a free switch and literally nuke something with Knock Off or Crabhammer and switch out when need be. This makes Crawdaunt a very nice wall breaker on that team that doesn't have to worry about setting up. I opted for Superpower for the last move as a nice filler, allowing you to hit Ferrothorn hard. You can also try Crunch if you'd like.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Crunch

I feel like we can adjust Landorus-Therians evs just a bit. With this spread it allows you to outspeed Adamant Breloom, Adamant Bisharp and Rotom-W with speed investment and hit them with Earthquake/U-Turn respectively. I feel Rock Slide is just a bit safer on the set than Stone Edge as it is your Bird check and why risk missing when you really don't need the extra power!

EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

My final suggestion would be running Superpower on Tornadus-Therian over Focus Blast. This reliably hits Tyranitar as Heatran harder and that is basically all that Focus Blast is there to do!

EVs: 160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Superpower

Anyway, cool team! Hope i helped bro :]

aim

RE: Tornadus, Yeah I agree with you there especially because two 70% accurate moves can really hurt sometimes when I need them to land.

RE: Landorous - T, In fact I did just change the Evs on Lando-T before you rated haha :) someone suggested it in battle after I was KO'ed by adamant Bisharps. Rock slide is less risky and still crushes the birds and is more accurate haha, missing is really annoying plus the flinch is nice.

RE: Crawdaunt, This is where I disagree with you, in the past I have used Banded Crawdaunt to great success in gen 5, weatherless and in Rain. However in gen 5 a lot more priority users showed themselves, Mawile, Azumarill, etc and as you may notice from the replays, often I will hit something with Knock off/Crabhammer and nearly KO it of its not dead already, most likely the pokemon that are sent in threaten out (assuming they are faster) Crawdaunt if he was locked into such a move, but by retaining pressure with AQ Jet which is basically technician boosted I don't need to take an extra hit on a defensive pivot which can really matter. Although slow freedom to switch moves is vital and since LO is 1.33x and Band is 1.5x I value the ability to switch to an aqua jet more than the buff. Besides its not like Crawdaunt needs a band to AQ Jet everything late game :) But I will take Super Power for lack of a better coverage move.

Thanks for the rate! And if you're not busy yo can feel free to try the team out :)

Hi Kwan thanks for the tips on Conkledurr, as well as the spdef investment over HP should i run around 140 or speed evs to outspeed azumarill? And I just tested running thunder punch for stone edge: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It really helped in my last few games where taking out azumarill was basically a win condition for conkeldurr and crawdaunt.

RE: Scizor as defogger, I think I shall switch up the evs on him, I realised he does have a 4x fire weakness and crawdaunt isnt the best resist, however it being the only weakness is easily dealt with by other team members and predicted switches into fire types are easily u turned out of. With regards to the evs for defence, should I go max def or balance out Spdef to match his base 100 in Def and put the rest into attack? Not sure which way to go with that as my team can sponge special and physical hits nicely but its true that roost will become more pointless without more defensive evs.
Thunderpunch + speed EVs is fine on conkeldurr to outspeed azumarill. Standard Conkeldurrs usually maximize bulk with no speed investment because Conk's base speed is a terrible 45, but surprise factors are also welcome. Thunderpunch also nabs Intimidate Gyarados trying to take a Drain Punch. It does seem like your team doesn't have any strong counters for Azumarill though, a very common threat. Also I don't know anything about Azumarill running 44 Speed EVs being the norm or anything, but you only need 88 Speed EVs to outrun 44 Spe Adamant Azumarill. Also you will need to hit Azumarill on the switch or something, as an Azumarill not trying to set up Belly Drum will easily OHKO you back.
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 372-440 (105.9 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Conkeldurr's greatest asset is his ability to tank special attacks. Conkeldurr going toe to toe with Azumarill is not his specialty, but it does help a lot on a predicted Azu switch.

Seeing that you have Mega-Gardevoir and 2 AV users, I would suggest investing a little Scizor's physical defense. Lando-T is the only guy on your team capable of taking a physical hit thanks to Intimidate, so I think it would relieve some of the physical pressure off of him. If Lando-T goes down, you become much more vulnerable to physical attacks e.g. Scarf Excadrill, DD DNite, Conkeldurr, etc. I'm just hypothesizing here though, so maybe SpD investment could work better to patch up Scizor's lower SpD.

RE: Azumarill as a threat, Most of the time these 3 situations occur A) I scare out something with Crawdaunt usually something that would get KO'ed, I knock off the incoming Azumarill: 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 172-203 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rocks.

B) I scare something out with MegaVoir, regular Azumarill takes about 80% and AV gets 2HKO'ed and AQ jet doesn't kill me back.

C) Azumarill is already out in which case depending on its health status I send in Conky (if statused) to KO with T Punch, I send in Scizor to 3HKO it or wear its berry out and roost off damage, if they berry is used up and Scizor goes down then Crawdaunt cleans up.

RE: Scizor Spdef, Due to my most recent loss with this team against Teles No. 1 PS team thanks to 4 Focus Misses lol I wont be changing up scizors spdef investment as flamthrower from clefable 2HKO's me, but thanks to priority I can 2HKO first and roost off later in the game if need be.

RE: Late game sweepers, Scarf Drill is OHKO'ed by Daunt, and takes 85% from Mach Punch. DD Dnite is easy to handle with Crawdaunt alone as Knock Off does a huge chunk with Multiscale and a switch to Scizor and that Dnite is as good as done. Conkeldurr often gets only one hit of on my team before falling to MegaVoirs hyper voice.

Just an idea but have you ever tried using Politoed on this team? The rain could help Tornadus-T and Crawdaunt a lot, as well as help Scizor take on fire moves to an extent. Since this wouldnt be a dedicated rain team I would suggest trying an offensive toed with either Choice Specs or Life Orb over your Gardevoir. It would still provide wall breaking like Gardevoir as well as bringing in Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Azumaril to wear them down, which would tremendously help Crawdaunt. Then you could give Scizor Scizorite to use it to it's fullest potential and possibly replace Tornadus-T's Assualt Vest with Life Orb. If you like Gardevoire, you could always trying replacing Conkeldurr with Politoed instead since Conkeldurr probably does the least for your team as of now. Anyways, just a though. Here is the set I had in mind:

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Hydro Pump is an absolute nuke under the rain, more powerful than Choice Band Crawdaunt's Crabhammer (outside of rain) and Charizard Y's Fire Blast under the sun when you account for Politoed's Choice Specs. Scald burns common switch ins such as Azumarill and the Lati@s while still dealing a ton of damage and being 100% accurate. Psychic hurts Mega Venusaur and scores a 2hko. Note that with 88 speed evs Politoed outspeeds 4 speed Mega Venusaur by one point. Focus Blast is mainly for Ferrothorn and Ice Beam is an option to hit the Lati@s and other common water resists on the switch.

Just an idea but have you ever tried using Politoed on this team? The rain could help Tornadus-T and Crawdaunt a lot, as well as help Scizor take on fire moves to an extent. Since this wouldnt be a dedicated rain team I would suggest trying an offensive toed with either Choice Specs or Life Orb over your Gardevoir. It would still provide wall breaking like Gardevoir as well as bringing in Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Azumaril to wear them down, which would tremendously help Crawdaunt. Then you could give Scizor Scizorite to use it to it's fullest potential and possibly replace Tornadus-T's Assualt Vest with Life Orb. If you like Gardevoire, you could always trying replacing Conkeldurr with Politoed instead since Conkeldurr probably does the least for your team as of now. Anyways, just a though. Here is the set I had in mind:

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Hydro Pump is an absolute nuke under the rain, more powerful than Choice Band Crawdaunt's Crabhammer (outside of rain) and Charizard Y's Fire Blast under the sun when you account for Politoed's Choice Specs. Scald burns common switch ins such as Azumarill and the Lati@s while still dealing a ton of damage and being 100% accurate. Psychic hurts Mega Venusaur and scores a 2hko. Note that with 88 speed evs Politoed outspeeds 4 speed Mega Venusaur by one point. Focus Blast is mainly for Ferrothorn and Ice Beam is an option to hit the Lati@s and other common water resists on the switch.
Politoed wouldn't really help his team as rain isn't infinite along with the fact that it doesn't really fit well with the team

Hello there MilkyWay01 and SpaceCake,

RE: Politoed for MegaVoir + Scizorite, I love your rate, I should have probably mentioned that as like in Gen 5 I also tried this exact switch before i decided to make it weatherless, until a friend of mine gave me the MegaVoir idea for breaking all the common stall teams. While it is true that then Scizor would be very powerful, I feel that by "wasting my mega" on him for utility purposes rather than stallbreaking (what this team really lacked before specs toed was taken out), Politoed gave my team more options for Thundurus and Mega Venu to come in and chip away at my team since there is little reliable recovery outside of Scizor. Also you mentioned that it would bring in common steel types, well Hyper Voice 2HKO's regular Excadrill and Voice + Focus Blast Kills non Sdef Ferrothorn and I'm not locked into a move by specs from Toed. The rain did help me with Crawdaunt but only ever so slightly as it 2HKO's most of the game anyway and SkarmBliss/Ferro/Gliscor/Quag without it anyway. Tornadus was a late addition but with AV is a reliable counter to Keldeo and Mega Venu, giving him LO with or without rain would make him 2HKO's by specs scald, especially if Keldeo comes in with the rain up. Garchomp was an electric immunity while Politoed was in the team for a brief time but once I was suggested to make the switch to MegaVoir and then to Tornadus I really don't miss the rain.

RE: Sun teams and common resists, well, weather is pretty much rare at best and because of the new mechanics all it takes to beat MegaZards are to scout, and Kill, TTar is ruined by HyperVoice and dragon types rarely switch in to my team since I have fairy and dark STAB, the times they do switch in is when Conky Nails them with an ice punch or when they feel brake with a prediction.

Overall: SpaceCake is correct about Gen 6 weather mechanics and although Politoed did help in the first instance, a good player knows how to deal with it effectively especially the predictable specs variant. Now that I think about it I shall add Politoed to the Fallen Members category, but since he wasn't there before this rmt was up I might just give him an Honorable mention for those who with to try that variant out!

Thanks for your rate though!

PS: You mentioned burning with scalds, I could run Will i Miss on Gardevoir but I have found that when vs stall CM puts in more work!

Then Ill have only one way to deal with venusaur mega and Mega Voir does not like taking Specs Hydro Pumps. Plus with Scizor gone I have one less pivot aand noe more hazard/screens control...If you are going to rate please read why I took out Garchomp in the first place : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)