Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

I've been SRing for a good Jolly Zygarde, just got this: 24-25/30-31/31/13/30-31/30-31

everything but hp is good, is it worth keeping?

Been SRing for a good Mewtwo and so far I got this:

Edit: Ended up trying again and got this:

Mewtwo - #150 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 23 - 24
Speed: 30 - 31

Currently have my 3DS on sleep mode until I get an answer >_<

Last edited:

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DarkKami

IV wise, it's pretty good (though, I would like the special defense to be at least 27 (that's just me))
But the Nature though.... Mewtwo would really love Timid over Modest. I would toss if you asked me. Sorry.

DarkKami

IV wise, it's pretty good (though, I would like the special defense to be at least 27 (that's just me))
But the Nature though.... Mewtwo would really love Timid over Modest. I would toss if you asked me. Sorry.
Thank you for your input! I'm gonna hopefully get some better IV's on a Timid one.

Last edited:
So I haven't posted in a while, but I just caught an Yveltal with the IV spread 31, 31, x, 30, 30, 31 anyone object to me keeping? I hate its not perfect in SPA and SPD but I've been trying for over 2 1/2 monthes now and even my patience is wearing thin...

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
TheWhiteOryx:
Since the two 30 IVs don't matter at level 50, I would definitely take it. The only problem arises if you want to use Defensive Yveltal, in which I would shoot for Defense also. It sounds like you have already sunk a good amount of time into it and that is pretty perfect for an Offensive Yveltal at level 50.

Imo Keep it.

TheWhiteOryx:
Since the two 30 IVs don't matter at level 50, I would definitely take it. The only problem arises if you want to use Defensive Yveltal, in which I would shoot for Defense also. It sounds like you have already sunk a good amount of time into it and that is pretty perfect for an Offensive Yveltal at level 50.

Imo Keep it.
Yeah its mild nature wich is what I was going for, I just hate this has happened numerous times and it always seems content to say you can have 2 30's, just not the extra 2 31's lol

is there any point in SRing for Zapdos and Zygarde? Since people have caught practically every perfect spread for the viable natures I think

After SRing, I got a Modest Xerneas with the following IVs:

HP: 26
Atk: 19
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Spe: 31

Is this worth keeping, or is the HP IV too low?

EDIT: Thank you AfroThunderRule.This one's definitely a keeper.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I'm getting ready to start SRing mewtwo in X, and I'm trying to decide which nature would be better for a mega mewtwo y: modest or timid? Thanks! :)

Modest Xerneas 31 / 8, 10 / 31 / 20 / 31 / 18

Let's just say this Xerneas has "Fire power", if you know what I mean. Anyway, is this good enough, or should I keep trying? (Note that with Powersave, I can catch Xerneas over and over again).

Let's just say this Xerneas has "Fire power", if you know what I mean. Anyway, is this good enough, or should I keep trying? (Note that with Powersave, I can catch Xerneas over and over again).
i wouldn't but why not lol people are willing to accept a 31/18/31/8/31/30 xerneas

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet

I assume you mean hidden power fire? While that makes me pause, the speed stat really is sub-par.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Yes, that's what I meant, but is the Speed really that bad? I mean, even if after I use Geomancy?

And what about its Sp. Atk?
As an example, with a speed IV of 18, you'd need to invest EVs in speed to guarantee that you outspeed scarf kyogre after a geo boost, further weakening your defenses.

Timid Kyogre Max Speed investment @ level 100: 306 speed * 1.5 (scarf) = 459
31 IV Modest Xern 0 Speed investment @ level 100: 234 * 2 (geomancy) = 468 (guaranteed outspeed)
18 IV Modest Xern 0 Speed investment @ level 100: 221 * 2 (geomancy) = 442 (NOT guaranteed outspeed)

As an example, with a speed IV of 18, you'd need to invest EVs in speed to guarantee that you outspeed scarf kyogre after a geo boost, further weakening your defenses.

Timid Kyogre Max Speed investment @ level 100: 306 speed * 1.5 (scarf) = 459
31 IV Modest Xern 0 Speed investment @ level 100: 234 * 2 (geomancy) = 468 (guaranteed outspeed)
18 IV Modest Xern 0 Speed investment @ level 100: 221 * 2 (geomancy) = 442 (NOT guaranteed outspeed)
I guess this thing is worthless then. =/ Oh well, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)