Resource RU Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Texas, Tickle Alomomola easily beats that set so still trucked by Mola imo :).

Molk EDIT: .____.

llamas edit: all the mods hanging out with tickle mola ;o

"robert alfons like this"

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been gone for a while and daaaaamn it took long for Drapion to move up. Also good to see that people realise that Yanmega is an offensive monster. He was sitting way too low for where he belonged lol.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Silly question but why did both kricketune and leavanny get ranked?
Both of them set Sticky Web (very, very powerful hazard in the RU tier), and without Shuckle in the tier are the best options to do so. Leavanny has slightly better stats overall and Magic Coat to stop opposing taunt/hazards. While Kricketune has a taunt of its own to stop defoggers from removing the Sticky Web right after it gets set up, not to mention Knock Off and Sash+Endeavor in a pinch. This makes both of them worth around C rank.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot- Chatot relies way to much on getting confusion hax with chatter and the damage output from even a +2 boomburst is pretty meh and done much better by Exploud who has better bulk and only one less point in SpA. I could see this moving down.
Idk, I'd use Chatot over p much everything else in C rank as well as over some of the things in C+. I mean it kinda sucks to rely on, but it has essentially a 50/50 shot of making something with less than 91 base Speed useless for a turn, which is really nice when you are in a pinch. As well as the fact that Chatot has the highest SpA of any Pokemon that gets STAB Boomburst in RU (granted Exploud can go Modest), and it hits extremely hard when Equipped with a Life Orb, being p much impossible for offensive teams to switch into barring Rhyperior. I think that Chatot's best set is something like Burst / Chatter / Encore / Sub @ LO or Lefties, thanks to encore it can actually be really annoying for defensive mons, and chatter always is fun to throw out there. U-turn is also a pretty cool option, as it tends to force a lot of switches.

Basically it is fine in C, unless almost the entirety of C is moving down, then it could probably be C-. Idk Chatot is just kinda cool imo o.o

I'll let -Tsunami- defend linoone and mightyena if he wants lol

So after reading that long irc discussion I would just like to bring up some of the things that I think should move down that were not mentioned in the chat.

Mightyena- havent really seen this at all in RU, but from what I have seen of it in NU it has been a really underwhelming sweeper unless it can get up a moxie boost and even then it is easily countered. (and I imagine this is even more so in a tier with better walls)

Linoone- Linoone if matched up right can destroy with a +6 E-speed, however it is very rarely matched up against something where it can get the Belly Drum off and survive the attack. Not to mention it gets hard walled by a number of things. I could see this moving down to D or being unlisted.
Mightyena is definitely as good as the other Pokemon in C- rank. STAB Sucker Punch is a solid revenge killing tool, and it has a decent enough Speed stat to outrun the walls in the tier as well. Crunch and Sucker Punch can force mindgames, and Fire Fang destroys Pokemon such as Escavalier. Meanwhile, Iron Tail lets Mightyena deal massive damage to Pokemon such as Aromatisse and even lets it damage Rhyperior after a Moxie boost. Play Rough is a move which can be run over Iron Tail that allows Mightyena to hit Fighting-types on the switch that believe they can just switch in for free on Mightyena's Sucker Punch. It is obviously not an amazing Pokemon, but it is definitely worthy of C- Rank. Mightyena isn't supposed to be a wallbreaker; it is supposed to be a useful revenge killing Pokemon that can punish more offensive teams with Moxie boosts. You're not going to break past an Alomomola with a Mightyena; that's why its C- Rank and not higher. Mightyena has a respectable 306 Attack stat, which makes it relatively fearsome due to the Sucker Punch priority it provides which can deal a good amount of damage to most sweepers in the tier. It is not really a sweeper, and should not be used in that way; it is simply a good revenge killing Pokemon that can act as a relatively decent cleaner. It is worthy of C- Rank.

Linoone can be effective given the right support, as Dual Screen Pokemon such as Meowistic-M can make it a true threat to deal with. At +6, not many Pokemon can hope to take down this monster, especially since it has Seed Bomb for Rhyperior and Shadow Claw to hit Doublade with. Like Mightyena, it is obviously not an amazing Pokemon, but it is good enough for C- Rank. Dual screens aren't even absolutely necessary for it to set up, as it can easily set up on weak walls such as Aromatisse. It can be a good offensive threat that can be a force to be reckoned with against offensive teams with the right support, making it viable for C- Rank. ExtremeSpeed being +2 priority is extremely helpful, as it allows it to destroy common priority-users such as Fletchinder and Hitmonlee, and also allows Linoone to invest its EVs into HP, making it easier for it to set up. It is deserving of C- rank.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I agree with atomicllamas, I like the Sub Nasty Plot set because you can force 50 / 50 and eventually set up a free sub and if luck is with you even a NP and jesus Chatot with a LO hits like a truck at +2.

Chatot- Chatot relies way to much on getting confusion hax with chatter and the damage output from even a +2 boomburst is pretty meh
Pretty meh you say well look at this calcs made at +2:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aromatisse: 364-429 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 286-339 (72.5 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and for the lolz (I know Blissey isn't ru but you can see the power)
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 360-425 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I know Chatot is ultra frail and relies on luck but a 140 BP STAB with no drawbacks, a mini dynamic punch and a good speed (faster than Exploud)
makes him C+ imo

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mightyena is definitely as good as the other Pokemon in C- rank. STAB Sucker Punch is a solid revenge killing tool, and it has a decent enough Speed stat to outrun the walls in the tier as well. Crunch and Sucker Punch can force mindgames, and Fire Fang destroys Pokemon such as Escavalier. Meanwhile, Iron Tail lets Mightyena deal massive damage to Pokemon such as Aromatisse and even lets it damage Rhyperior after a Moxie boost. Play Rough is a move which can be run over Iron Tail that allows Mightyena to hit Fighting-types on the switch that believe they can just switch in for free on Mightyena's Sucker Punch. It is obviously not an amazing Pokemon, but it is definitely worthy of C- Rank. Mightyena isn't supposed to be a wallbreaker; it is supposed to be a useful revenge killing Pokemon that can punish more offensive teams with Moxie boosts. You're not going to break past an Alomomola with a Mightyena; that's why its C- Rank and not higher. Mightyena has a respectable 306 Attack stat, which makes it relatively fearsome due to the Sucker Punch priority it provides which can deal a good amount of damage to most sweepers in the tier. It is not really a sweeper, and should not be used in that way; it is simply a good revenge killing Pokemon that can act as a relatively decent cleaner. It is worthy of C- Rank.

Linoone can be effective given the right support, as Dual Screen Pokemon such as Meowistic-M can make it a true threat to deal with. At +6, not many Pokemon can hope to take down this monster, especially since it has Seed Bomb for Rhyperior and Shadow Claw to hit Doublade with. Like Mightyena, it is obviously not an amazing Pokemon, but it is good enough for C- Rank. Dual screens aren't even absolutely necessary for it to set up, as it can easily set up on weak walls such as Aromatisse. It can be a good offensive threat that can be a force to be reckoned with against offensive teams with the right support, making it viable for C- Rank. ExtremeSpeed being +2 priority is extremely helpful, as it allows it to destroy common priority-users such as Fletchinder and Hitmonlee, and also allows Linoone to invest its EVs into HP, making it easier for it to set up. It is deserving of C- rank.
I haven't actually had experience using them in RU and seeing as you gave a very good argument as to why to keep them I am fine with them staying.

Now chatot on the other hand I am not sold on at all. If you get all of these things to happen, getting the confusion hax, getting up the sub, getting another confusion hax so the sub isn't broken and getting a nasty plot up, then sweeping. This seems like way to much to pull off on a consistent basis. Not to mention if the opponent has a soundproof Pokemon (which there are a few of them running around due to threats like yanmega and exploud) then Chatot is completely walled. Also any Pokemon with a sound based move doesn't even have to break the sub and can OHKO chatot behind the sub. Also with a life orb set and rocks up if it takes 2-3 turns to get sub up you are only gonna get two or so hits with LO recoil. With everything else getting the once over and moving down I could see Chatot moving down as well.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You don't need hax, you come in on something via slow volt turn or a teammates death, and get 1+ kill each time against offense if you come in on something slower. Chatter is just a funny bonus that sometimes lets you win games you shouldn't. Also Nasty Plot Chatot is bad, it's to frail to set up, and it doesn't even need to set up to hit like a truck. You only use sub if you encore them into a set up move or into like sucker punch, or on a predicted switch (though you should just chatter if they have a rhyp and then switch out). Soundproof mons aren't /that/ popular, there is like Abomasnow and nothing else I would run. If you run u-turn over sub you just donk soundproof mons regardless.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
On a different note, I think Sceptile should be moved downfor several reasons. It's physical sets are outclassed by Virizion who has better coverage and a powerful STAB, Sub Seed sets were and will always be shitty and mixed sets are outclassed by Shiftry who has more firepower and STAB knock off. The only viable set that sceptile has is full special and even that set isn't very good because having a mono Grass typing for an attacker isn't very good in RU imo. Let's look at RU top threats (S and A rankings) and we will notice how 8 things x2 resist grass and 5 pokes x4 resist it while in the other hand only 1 poke is x4 weak to grass and 5 pokes are x2 weak to it and these are: rhyperior, slowking, alomomola (the only three that really matter) Dugtrio, Sharpedo (can't take a hit anyways) and Gorebyss (Takes one hit smashes and passes) and I didn't even touched the B rankings were things like Braviary and Fletchinder resist grass. We never see this because most grass attackers have a secondary STAB that it's super effective against the stuff that walls grass type attacks for example: Registeel walls Virizion's grass STAB but it's weak to his Fighting STAB, Drudiggon walls Abomasnow's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Ice STAB and Moltres walls Rotom-C's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Electric type STAB. Thankfully Game Freak gave Sceptile decent coverage but still he needs to resort on Hidden Powers, MCJynx gave me this Sceptile set and I think it's his most viable set:

Use this instead if you want to use Sceptile at all:

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm / Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Fire

Sceptile still has good special attack and speed as well as access to Leaf Storm to allow it to be an effective special attacker that can hit hard right off the bat. Note that Virizion has access to Calm Mind, however special Virizion and special Sceptile play completely different, as Virizion is a sweeper while Sceptile is more suited to being a wallbreaker or a revenge killer. Hitting hard right off the bat is what makes Sceptile usable, as the SD set is forced to set up in order to become a threat and is easily forced out.
Unfortunately, the set has two major downfalls; it's frail as hell and it's not super strong. Also relying on Hidden Power to hit things sucks this gen thanks to the Hidden power nerf and sometimes it just won't be enough. This are the calcs for Sceptile:

Offensive:

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 161-190 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recover

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aromatisse: 185-218 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 291-346 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 86-104 (21.8 - 26.3%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 177-211 (40.9 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Druddigon: 161-190 (44.9 - 53%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO

Defensive:

0 Atk Registeel Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 97-115 (34.3 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Registeel can just T-wave anyways)

0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 117-138 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Slowking Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 252-298 (89.3 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 194-230 (68.7 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Druddigon Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 193-228 (68.4 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As the calcs show, Spectile often lacks a bit of power and therefore can't defeat many semi sturdy walls like other Grass types such as M-Abomasnow and while Spectile has amazing speed new threats such as Jolteon have even more speed and is often a better revenge killer. In conclusion I think these are the reasons of why Sceptile should drop:

• Lost of Flying gem
  • Receives competition of other grass types
  • Mediocre bulk
  • Outclassed in every aspect except full special
  • Mono Grass STAB sucks offensively
  • Hidden power nerf
  • Not enough coverage
  • Not a relevant threat anymore
This is my opinion and if you disagree feel free to tell me why in a respectful way but until then I think that Sceptile needs a drop to B- ranks.

Last edited:
Stepping away from the current discussion, why is Sceptile still in B+? That thing is garbage, and should, at the most, be in B rank, if not lower. It's physical sets are outclassed by Virizion who has better coverage and a powerful STAB, Sub Seed sets were and will always be shitty and mixed sets are outclassed by Shiftry who has more firepower and STAB knock off. The only viable set that sceptile has is full special and even that set isn't very good because having a mono Grass typing for an attacker isn't very good in RU imo. Let's look at RU top threats (S and A rankings) and we will notice how 8 things x2 resist grass and 5 pokes x4 resist it while in the other hand only 1 poke is x4 weak to grass and 5 pokes are x2 weak to it and these are: rhyperior, slowking, alomomola (the only three that really matter) Dugtrio, Sharpedo (can't take a hit anyways) and Gorebyss (Takes one hit smashes and passes) and I didn't even touched the B rankings were things like Braviary and Fletchinder resist grass. We never see this because most grass attackers have a secondary STAB that it's super effective against the stuff that walls grass type attacks for example: Registeel walls Virizion's grass STAB but it's weak to his Fighting STAB, Drudiggon walls Abomasnow's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Ice STAB and Moltres walls Rotom-C's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Electric type STAB. Thankfully Game Freak gave Sceptile decent coverage but still he needs to resort on Hidden Powers, MCJynx gave me this Sceptile set and I think it's his most viable set:

Unfortunately, the set has two major downfalls; it's frail as hell and it's not super strong. Also relying on Hidden Power to hit things sucks this gen thanks to the Hidden power nerf and sometimes it just won't be enough. This are the calcs for Sceptile:

Offensive:

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 161-190 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recover

252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aromatisse: 185-218 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 291-346 (73.8 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 86-104 (21.8 - 26.3%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO

52 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 177-211 (40.9 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

52 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Druddigon: 161-190 (44.9 - 53%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO

Defensive:

0 Atk Registeel Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 97-115 (34.3 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Registeel can just T-wave anyways)

0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 117-138 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Slowking Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 252-298 (89.3 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

4 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 194-230 (68.7 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Druddigon Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 193-228 (68.4 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As the calcs show, Spectile often lacks a bit of power and therefore can't defeat many semi sturdy walls like other Grass types such as M-Abomasnow and while Spectile has amazing speed new threats such as Jolteon have even more speed and is often a better revenge killer. In conclusion I think these are the reasons of why Sceptile should drop:

• Lost of Flying gem
  • Mediocre bulk
  • Hidden power nerf
  • Not enough coverage
This is my opinion and if you disagree feel free to tell me why in a respectful way but until then I think that Sceptile needs a drop to B- ranks.
Js, most people don't run a max Special Defence Aromatisse. But I agree, Sceptile should drop to B or B-, it just has nothing strong or anything going for it. It can't OHKO much of the tier's best Pokemon even with LO and it has no good niche other than something like White Herb Unburden Leaf Storm to act as a late-game sweeper, it's not as good as the other B+ Pokemon, so I'm saying Sceptile to B or B-.

Stepping away from the current discussion, why is Sceptile still in B+? That thing is garbage, and should, at the most, be in B rank, if not lower. It's physical sets are outclassed by Virizion who has better coverage and a powerful STAB, Sub Seed sets were and will always be shitty and mixed sets are outclassed by Shiftry who has more firepower and STAB knock off. The only viable set that sceptile has is full special and even that set isn't very good because having a mono Grass typing for an attacker isn't very good in RU imo. Let's look at RU top threats (S and A rankings) and we will notice how 8 things x2 resist grass and 5 pokes x4 resist it while in the other hand only 1 poke is x4 weak to grass and 5 pokes are x2 weak to it and these are: rhyperior, slowking, alomomola (the only three that really matter) Dugtrio, Sharpedo (can't take a hit anyways) and Gorebyss (Takes one hit smashes and passes) and I didn't even touched the B rankings were things like Braviary and Fletchinder resist grass. We never see this because most grass attackers have a secondary STAB that it's super effective against the stuff that walls grass type attacks for example: Registeel walls Virizion's grass STAB but it's weak to his Fighting STAB, Drudiggon walls Abomasnow's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Ice STAB and Moltres walls Rotom-C's Grass STAB but it's weak to his Electric type STAB. Thankfully Game Freak gave Sceptile decent coverage but still he needs to resort on Hidden Powers, MCJynx gave me this Sceptile set and I think it's his most viable set:

Offensive:

52 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 177-211 (40.9 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

52 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Druddigon: 161-190 (44.9 - 53%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO

Defensive:

• Lost of Flying gem
  • Mediocre bulk
  • Hidden power nerf
  • Not enough coverage
I've been playing around with Sceptile a lot this gen, and I support this drop. Out of all the listed faults, I would say its biggest con is the reliance on Hidden Power on its Special Attacking sets. First, you have the choice between HP rock for Fire/bug types (mainly Moltres edit: and yanmega ofc, as you're hitting that the hardest) and HP fire for grass types, which doesn't hit Special Amoonguss hard anyways. Maybe OR/AS will be kind with the addition of more Special moves for the mega and the move tutors (the former may push it out of the tier, but it's too early to tell for me), but for now the reliance on either weak HP's and the unreliable Focus Miss or Swords Dancing on a frail mon isn't good enough to qualify it for B+ rank.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stepping away from the current discussion, why is Sceptile still in B+? That thing is garbage, and should, at the most, be in B rank, if not lower.
Did you seriously just copypaste the first sentence from my post about Espeon in OU and modify it for Sceptile in RU?? Especially given Sceptile, while nothing amazing atm, is no where near as bad in RU as Espeon is in OU.

That said, I don't have that much experience with Sceptile atm so I really don't have much right to say a lot about it, although I think its LO set could still put in a bit of work here and there thanks to its sick Speed, so I guess somewhere in the B Ranks would be fine, although I'm not really a huge fan of putting it anywhere outside of the B Ranks. It does do nicely against offensive teams though, so that's something.

On the topic of Jolteon, though, I might make a post later to move it up but I don't have much time atm.

Did you seriously just copypaste the first sentence from my post about Espeon in OU and modify it for Sceptile in RU?? Especially given Sceptile, while nothing amazing atm, is no where near as bad in RU as Espeon is in OU.

That said, I don't have that much experience with Sceptile atm so I really don't have much right to say a lot about it, although I think its LO set could still put in a bit of work here and there thanks to its sick Speed, so I guess somewhere in the B Ranks would be fine, although I'm not really a huge fan of putting it anywhere outside of the B Ranks. It does do nicely against offensive teams though, so that's something.

On the topic of Jolteon, though, I might make a post later to move it up but I don't have much time atm.
Yeah. Alomomola is pretty common in RU these days being a physical wall. Sceptile would pretty much destroy Alomomola. Skeptile is also super fast and can OHKO or 2HKO common mons such as tinted lens yanmega, Hitmonlee, Sharpedo, etc, etc.

edit: It is good right now at B+

Mew2

Sex is overrated
Did you seriously just copypaste the first sentence from my post about Espeon in OU and modify it for Sceptile in RU??
Oops sorry, I am not good in starting long posts and I really liked the way you started yours. If you don't like it I can change it and like I said I am really sorry it won't happen again.

Yeah. Alomomola is pretty common in RU these days being a physical wall. Sceptile would pretty much destroy Alomomola. Skeptile is also super fast and can OHKO or 2HKO common mons such as tinted lens yanmega, Hitmonlee, Sharpedo, etc, etc.
Virizion can destroy Alomomola OHKO SpecsMega, Hitmonlee and Sharpedo (Sharpedo will protect anyways so you fail to outspeed even with Sceptile). Also Virizion has better stats except speed and fighting type

just a nitpick, but your calc is kinda strange here. Not that it matters a lot.
And i do support the drop cuz honestly... it rly is shit this gen.

also i want amoongus in A but i wont make an effort to state why, cuz writing on a phone is a hell.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
just a nitpick, but your calc is kinda strange here. Not that it matters a lot.
And i do support the drop cuz honestly... it rly is shit this gen.

also i want amoongus in A but i wont make an effort to state why, cuz writing on a phone is a hell.
Yea I forgot to copy the "2" but the calcs are still the same already edited also changed the first line

Did you seriously just copypaste the first sentence from my post about Espeon in OU and modify it for Sceptile in RU?? Especially given Sceptile, while nothing amazing atm, is no where near as bad in RU as Espeon is in OU..
That's a sign you're a good poster in the viability rankings :).

I support the sceptile drop, it is bad and outclassed.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
kk time to update this!

Seismitoad up from C+ rank to B- rank
Feraligatr added to C+ rank
EVERYTHING in D rank removed except Sneasel, Jynx, and Regirock
Crustle down to D rank
Cradily down to D rank
Arbok down to C rank
Sandslash up to C+ rank
Cryogonal down to D rank
Muk removed entirely
Klinklang down to D rank
Bouffalant down to C rank
Leavanny down to C rank
Kricketune up to C rank
Rotom-S down to C
Lilligant down to D rank
Miltank down to C+ rank
Ludicolo down to C+ rank
Uxie down to C+ rank
Xatu down to C+ rank
Kangaskhan removed
Golurk down to C- rank

Mew2

Sex is overrated
Kangaskhan removed
Why was Kanga removed? She has a strong Fake Out and with Scrappy she can even hit ghosts with her Normal STAB and has a neat movepool. I am not trying to defend her I am just curious.

You don't need hax, you come in on something via slow volt turn or a teammates death, and get 1+ kill each time against offense if you come in on something slower. Chatter is just a funny bonus that sometimes lets you win games you shouldn't. Also Nasty Plot Chatot is bad, it's to frail to set up, and it doesn't even need to set up to hit like a truck. You only use sub if you encore them into a set up move or into like sucker punch, or on a predicted switch (though you should just chatter if they have a rhyp and then switch out). Soundproof mons aren't /that/ popular, there is like Abomasnow and nothing else I would run. If you run u-turn over sub you just donk soundproof mons regardless.
I've used Nasty Plot Chatot, but its really hard for me to pull off. When i have used Nasty Plot, Chatot was beast as it could easily help me pick up wins. But i have to say that Subs + Encore is my favorite combo, when it comes to using Chatot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)