worlds in dc

I live in MD and am very close to the DC area and as such was planning to go to Worlds and hang out this year. I do not VGC but it would still be fun to go. Was just wondering who was planning to go / which days, and if anyone had plans or wanted to get together and do something.

I am free that whole weekend and would love to meet people and hang out at worlds. I am an idiot and was looking at July's dates, not August's.

Obviously a bunch of VGCers are going but please chime in anyone who was planning to. DC is super accessible :)

please fill out this form with your schedule: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pOfsx8KlTIDTYStKDxDdgm-6sR9akV5vJM5Kp478W0c/viewform?usp=send_form

you can see everyone else's results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZIek20KFLxqMfVBEKzQ-UOaKw/edit#gid=1039645452

please no troll results :)

kudos tennisace for google forms :)

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
im going down there most likely for the same reasons (rule that u have to have 1 cp to do lcq = cry)

Cased

Banned deucer.
BKC and I are planning on going from the 15th-17th or 18th because him and I both have prior engagements on the fourteenth, four hour train ride is necessary if I wish to complete my dream of having BKC on my left, the best DPP OU player ever and having blarajan on my right, the best LC player on the face of the earth.

We still have to work out where we can stay hotel wise,,, but it's okay BKC's influential shadow is so big I can probably stay under that

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ium you cant have your cake and eat it too :O

anyway i'm going to be there on thurs and leaving monday morning, but im competing in LCQ so friday is iffy

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I live in MD and worlds is ~2hrs from here. Dunno when I wanna leave yet.

bs lcq restrictions.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
To those who don't have a playpoint. Go to Pokemon.com. Make an account, register under your profile account for their Play VG program thing. Then, contact customer service at the bottom and request a playpoint. I simply said I had a hotel and everything and needed one to participate and they kindly made me eligible. :) It took about 1-2 days to do. So be sure to act fast if you wanna participate. :)

I live in Maryland as well, pretty close to D.C. I'll definitely be there. I'd like to get somewhat more involved in VGC as well as Smogon, so I think watching some of the best players in the world live is a good learning experience (I do have knowledge on the VGC '14 Meta, but just don't really have much experience at all).
I'm so glad it's free to get in as well. I'll still have money for merchandise and all, but it's great nonetheless.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm very tempted to come, considering my family lives in No. VA and my cousin lives in DC so I have a place to crash already. Maybe I'll even grab MikeDecIsHere on the way down to carpool!

Should I go? Y/N

I live in Alexandria, VA (about a half hour metro ride's south of the convention center), and I'll definitely be there Saturday.

Anyone planning on going to the concert? There are still plenty of seats for Saturday, and I'm on the fence, but if it means a chance to meet Smogonites, that might be enough of an incentive.

blarajan, where's that goddamn spreadsheet?

I plan on being there and I'll uave my DS for anyone who might want to play and stuff. :) I'd love to meet people from here and stuff as a newer member. Anyone who is going to be there who'd want to chill let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)