Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Is what I would run. I'm aware that Naive decreases SDef, but running Fire Blast, you can't use any nature that lowers Special Attack, so I feel this set would work much better, considering that Garchomp doesn't get DD.

Last edited:
Sorry to post another comment, but if you want to Hit harder than MegaChomp, and want to be faster, use Life Orb on Garchomp.
Life Orb Garchomp with Fully EV'd invested Attack and perfect IVs, Jolly Nature has an Attack Stat of 466. While MegaChomp has an Attack Stat ( Same EV investments and IV's as LO ) of 439.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough/Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

This offensive core is able to setup on nearly every poke in the metagame. Manaphy can setup on nearly every defensive pokemon and wins even against the Pink Blobs with its rain boosted scald, while Opens the way for the almighty Mawile to just shit on the rest of the Team the opponent has left. Fire Fang is used over Play Rough to hit Ferro wich Manaphy has big Problems with.

FYI the links in the OP for the cores for Ttar/Magnezone/Azumarill and Azumarill/KyuB/Thundurus do not work

EDIT: A few others aren't working. Might be my internet speed which sucks.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

A bulky offensive core I've been using for a while. Scizor is the primary win condition with its decent speed and high attack. Kyurem Black wallbreaks for Scizor, outpacing general Landorus Therian's as well as pressuring Zapdos, Gliscor, Heatran, and Gyarados, coming into water attacks most often or double switching in. Tho I try to avoid it, Kyurem can go into Heatran as it doesn't mind the burn as much as the rest of the core and unlike Terrakion, can Roost off the damage. Terrakion is often the secondary win condition/revenge killer serving as the primary answer to the Charizards as well as pressuring sand along side Scizor. Also benefiting from Kyurem's wallbreaking, this makes it easier to use Terrakion late game to clean.

Obviously with Kyurem you should run a defogger. A lati twin works nicely helping to remove pressure from Kyurem to absorb hits as well as baits in Tyranitar and Aegislash, both of which Scizor can boost on due to its defense boost, especially sub toxic Aegislash, while also handling Landorus I, Keldeo, and a better answer to Thundurus. I've also found Tailwind Talonflame a nice support, giving priority with Brave Bird as well as crippling walls with Will-O-Wisp and allowing Kyurem Black to actually sweep behind a Tailwind

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 248 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Pursuit

An offensive Volt Turn set, this set actually has a decent defensive core in it itself, but let me explain. Raikou and Scizor actually have decently similar stats, with their physical and special bulks basically flipped, they take each other's hits very well, especially when paired up with a wishpasser. The EVs on speed allow it to outspeed Thundurus and speed tie with Scolipede but more importantly is so that the HP takes as little SR damage as possible, since the number for the least damage for stealth rocks damage is 1 lower than any number divisible by 8 (344 is divisible by 8, therefor 343 takes the least damage possible) Volt Switch + U-Turn lets you keep the momentum up as that is very important when playing offense, to give your opponent the minimum amount of free turns. Though this seems easily countered by many cores, the ability to switch into one another is just so important. Let's say you're facing Keldeo + Lati@s core. You could argue Lati@s can switch in against raikou and Keldeo can tank hits from Scizor, you can easily volt switch into scizor when Lati@s comes in, and he either gets killed by U-Turn or has to switch into keldeo, in which where you can U-Turn back into Raikou. This keeps the pressure always onto your opponent and gives you just a little advantage every turn.
Mega Mane probably works better but I don't think it's worth wasting a mega slot on so yeah if you want to Mega Mane > Raikou

Threats:
Pretty much all steel types :v (so pairing it up with a fire type would be very useful as it can also take hits for scizor)
AV Conkeldurr or basically pokemon that resist one of them and wall the other
Charizard X and other physical fire types that resist electric / outspeed raikou
Fuck protect

Last edited:
Why not try AV Raikou, allows your core to better handle Thundurus as well as Mega Manectic as well as removes the double choice allowing you to get around protect users in exchange for power. You could also run Hidden Power Fire to catch steels off guard,especially Ferrothorn or Aura Sphere, but then you need to use Rash nature. Also you could try Gyarados/Mega Gyarados as a third member of the core as it synergizes nicely with both Raikou and Scizor, coming into their primary weaknesses and boosting, enjoying the momentum Volt-Turn brings, tho the same holds true for Dragonite

AV Raikou is too weak and just makes me wish it was mega mane and HP Fire would result in this core being slaughtered by landorus and unable to do anything (also just being a bad mega manectric)

+

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This core is the bane of any stall team. Heracross alone normally 6-0s stall, but with Bisharp, it can pursuit trap Aegislash and be a better mon than it was before. Life Orb is to ensure Aegislash dies to pursuit, and the EVs and Nature are obvious. Now, Heracross is the star of this core, and also supports Bisharp. Heracross beats Skarmory 1v1 WITHOUT the SD boost, as well as Quagsire, so 2 counters to Bisharp commonly found on stall are now dead. Bisharp now has fun with the fragmented stall team. Now, I have to suggest good teammates. Shuckle is one of the best teammates, if not THE best teammate, you can have for this core. It sets up sticky web, which mitigates their bad speed. Bisharp applies enough pressure to keep the sticky web up, and just lets this core go apeshit vs offense.

+
+
or

Dugtrio Talonflame Latios Latias

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch/Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind/Steelwing

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Dugtrio is running max attack for power. Has edge quake combo. Max speed because no real use investing in bulk. 216 is minimum to outspeed raikou. 21 hp to have 201 hp and be able to be at 1 hp after 2 seismic tosses. This lets reversal hit quite hard. Last slot basically filler. I usually use sucker punch as it lets me beat some +1 stuff. Banded set is another option

Talonflame is running Standard Banded Bird. Other options are a sword dance set with Brave bird, Flare blitz and Roost.

Latios is for more offensive teams while Latias for more defensive. Current spread is pretty standard. Other options include Thunderbolt, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Dual Screens. Healing Wish and Memento are also nice options

Team Explanation: Dugtrio is a very niche pokemon that only kill a few mons. The mons it kills tho are the exact mons lati@s and talonflame hate though. Dugtrio can trap and kill Heatran, Tyranitar, rhyperior, chansey, bisharp, Mega manetric, Raikou. Notice something about those pokemon? They are the exact pokemon talonflame and lati@s hate. I used this core along when genesect was still a thing and peaked around 40th in the ladder. These days I've only used it 1700+, but i'm a lot less dedicated battler these days. The idea is send Dugtrio in on a free switch vs one of the above mons to kill it. Sweep with Talonflame or Lati@s. Lati@s is used as hazard removal is key with the sash and talonflame. It also lures heatran, ttar, bisharp, for dugtrio and loves them gone. It also gives a nice water resist. Lastly, Lati@s deals with the remaining Talonflame counters in Thunderus and Rotom-W.

Threats: Something that can deal with Aegislash and gengar is very key. Aegis and gengar can't be trapped. Talonflame can beat them, but can't really switch in safely. Opposing bird spam can sweep through the team. Sand teams also cause some problems with sand rush excadrill out-speeding and destroying a lot. Bulky CMers like suicune and unaware clefable are a huge problem. They can tank brave birds and anything lati@s fire off while dugtrio can't really remove them. MegaMawile is a threat as it has enough bulk to live through eq then can sucker punch dugtrio and rest of core to death. Cresslia and mandibuzz can wall most of the core. I usually have to sack something to get dugtrio in vs Kabutops or omastar. Knock off thunderus is also very scary.

Team Support: Volturn support is quite appreciated to help ensure dugtrio gets in safely. Rotom-W makes a really great partner for volturn and checking flyspam and sand. Celebi can lure heatran, ttar, bisharp and u-turn out and set up rocks, but does compound ghost weakness. Mandibuzz can be an alternative defogger, checks bird spam and counters most aegis. Chestanaught, amoongus, and gliscor are other good aegis counters. Skarmory and zapdos are another alternative defogger and great bird spam counter. SR support that can be set up multiple times to ensure kos is nice. Most megas seem to work pretty well with core. SPD Hippo also good aegis counter and SR user.

upload_2014-7-30_10-40-8.png
+
upload_2014-7-30_10-41-19.png

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off / Double-Edge

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang / Knock Off / Iron Head

Description: This "Fairy Spam" Core works very similarly to birdspam. Azumarill and Mawile have similar checks, so they can lure in those checks and slowly whittle them down, possibly opening up a sweep for the other. Fairy is an incredible offensive typing, and continually spamming powerful play roughs puts enormous pressure on offensive teams, who often have to sack a mon if they are forced to switch. Stall teams don't fare much better because even physical walls cannot take repeated blows from this powerful core. Slowbro, for example, is guaranteed to be 2hkod by both of these after rocks. The sets themselves can be adapted to hit different checks, adding a level of unpredictability.(and trying to scout for certain moves just means taking more damage from ridiculously powerful attacks) Honestly what can switch into the equivalent of 259 base attack lol

Threats: The biggest threat to this core is mega venusaur, so a reliable method of beating it is needed.(It should be noted though, that double edge on azumarill or iron head on mawile can deal with it fairly well) Heatran can be somewhat problematic, as it can eats up play roughs and check mawile, but it won't want to switch into Azumarill unless it is certain you are locked into play rough(It also lacks reliable recovery). Finally, bulky physical walls such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn can also be somewhat difficult to deal with, as they can both wall azumarill decently well(barring superpower for ferrothorn), but both can be destroyed by fire fang mawile.

Teammates: Mons that can slow down the opposing team through means of thunder wave, trick room, or sticky web make good teammates for their ability to remedy the one flaw with both of these pokemon, their abysmal speed. However, they are by no means required, as aqua jet and sucker punch can deal with faster foes quite well. Thundurus is a good teammate, having access to the aforementioned t-wave, as well as being a great mon on offense in general. Dragon types such as lati@s, dragonite, and garchomp synergize well with this core, as their weaknesses(dragon, ice, and dark for the latis, azumarill and lati@s in particular have near perfect synergy) are covered nicely. Garchomp in particular has access to stealth rock, while the latis can remove hazards to give azu more switchins.

Last edited:

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

Keldeo @ Life Orb { or Specs }
Ability: Justified
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe { or standard Specs spread }
Modest Nature { or Timid w/ Specs }
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpAtk / 30 SpDef
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying] { or Icy Wind }
Keldeo breaks walls so that Raikou can clean up the wreckage.

What it Does: applies speed & power to pressure the enemy team. keldeo handles stall & sand, while raikou handles HO birdspam & genie spam. modest LO keldeo hits for negligibly less than timid specs, while eliminating any need for prediction against stall. raikou makes up for the loss in speed and then some: it gets the jump on thundurus and cleanly 2HKOs with tbolt or sets up as necessary. CM + extrasensory lets it annihilate opposing m-venu & amoonguss for keldeo, as well as of course crocune, slowbro, azumarill... basically all the best answers to keldeo. CM over AV because raikou is fast enough to get that CM boost anyway versus the threats that matter, and this is a sweeper for an offensive team rather than a defensive pivot.

Threats: do not forget how slow your keldeo is going to be if running modest, like i did repeatedly. it outruns base 91+ (lando-t), but will eat up a solarbeam from zard y before hydro pumping so don't try that. they're still a remarkably fast pair, but greninja & scarf EQ users need to be dealt with separately. fast kyurem-b can fusion bolt keldeo before dying to secret sword unless you go timid specs, but seriously, i hate stall enough that LO is totally worth it. lati@s doesn't want to switch into either keldeo or raikou more than once or twice, but can beat them both 1v1 w/ psyshock (taking a beating from raikou in the process).

Partners: priority or insane speed to get the jump on those few 'mons that outspeed the pair of them. scarf latios is an underrated beast & revenges +1 zard x, who could otherwise set up on the pair late-game. scizor pairs well with raikou as EnerG218 mentioned above. talonflame & mawile both make great priority cleaners to patch up any weakness against opposing HO. pursuit trappers for lati@s are something to consider, but be sure that greninja doesn't run through your team.

Replays:
versus full stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147136076 { LO keldeo MVP }
versus AV raikou: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147000730 { CM raikou MVP }

Last edited:
Balanced Core:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This core focuses on bulky offense while constantly keeping pressure on the opponent to switch. Landorus-T and Azumarill are both excellent tanks with enormous Def and SpD respectively, and each resists the other's weaknesses. Manectric hardly detracts from the defensive synergy by introducing only one weakness (to which Lando is immune) and a few handy resistances. It, along with Landorus-T, provides spectacular momentum to maintain pressure on the opponent. In addition to providing revenge killing and SR support, the two tanks can eliminate most of Manectric's checks (like Heatran, Chansey, and Tyranitar) to set up an unhindered sweep.

The biggest threats to this core are probably Defiant users Thundurus and Bisharp, for they can take advantage of the big attack boosts from Intimidate. Landorus-T can usually tank a boosted attack and kill with EQ/SE, but the other two are taken out without breaking a sweat. Megasaur can wall all three members of the core even with no EV investment in either defense stat. With a utility set, Mew can wall Lando and Manectric, tank a Knock Off from Azumarill, and burn the everloving sheesh out of everyone. Likewise, most status users and SR setters can deal decent chip damage to this core due to its unfortunate lack of instant recovery. Calm Mind Clefable and Unaware Quagsire can also make trouble.

Something to beat the aforementioned threats of Megasaur, Clefable, Quagsire, Mew, and Sylveon. Landorus-I does a good job of this The classic Skarmory+Chansey core does a surprisingly good job of beating out most of the above in addition to providing fantastic Defog and Wish support. SD Talonflame and Specs Gothitelle with Psychic/EnergyBall/HPFire/Trick are other options to eliminate certain threats.

Shields up!

Crusher (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Dragon Tail
- Hammer Arm

Philosopher (Goodra) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 24 SpA / 208 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Aqua Tail

Leftovers Rhyperior & Assault Vest Goodra work very well together as defensive walls. I usually use these two for mixed-tier battles with friends, but they often work very well with each other in OU as well. The point of the core is Goodra covering Rhyperior's weaknesses. People will often try to hit Rhyperior's X4 weaknesses, both which Goodra coincidentally not only resists, but sucks in for an attack boost when it comes to grass attacks. I also have Dragon Tail on both members in order to force opponents into awkward and unideal situations.
Physical water, dragon, ice & grass Pokemon pose a threat to this combo. So I often accompany them with Pokemon that can take care of those particular types. Greninja with solid coverage usually dose the trick for me, and I make sure to bring a few Pokemon that can potentially burn opponents of those types.
It's not the greatest core, but I've had a lot of fun with it!

Respectful.

Banned deucer.

~Why this core function ?
-Mega Heracross is the one of the most stallbreaker now, with the ban of aegi, he can destroy everything, the best treaths of mega-hero are Talonflame and Pinsir and Raikou can check both.

@ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ice]

Volt Switch is for momentum, thunderbolt is the stab, shadow ball is for latwins and you can choose HP Grass for quag or HP Ice for lando.

@ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

INSANE POWER, after the dance he can destroy everything and with close combat he can 2ohko quag, the best stallbreaker of this meta after the ban of aegi.

Aight scrubs here's a core that was already good but with Aegislash gone for good it actually has a chance to shine:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk /88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Protect

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch

K so what you got here is a core that walls you, walls your mother, makes you cry, and gives your dog cancer. Bronzong checks Mega Gardevoir and Sand Rush Exca, two pretty scary pokes atm, which no other poke can really boast. Coincidentally, Amph is brutally weak to both of those mons so Zongers covers that nicely. Amph walls Mega Zard Y and Talonflame, two pokes that shred Brozong to pieces, as well as checking shit like Rotom-H/W and other mons that want to status Zong with a Wisp or T-Wave or some shit. EVs on Zongers let you survive 3 Focus Blasts from Mega Gard, which is almost redundant seeing as how you've got protect plus there being a shit chance of FB hitting 3 times in a row anyway, EVs on Amph let you survive 2 fire blasts from Modest Zard Y.

Aight so for recommended shit, I'd strongly suggest Unaware Clef/Quag. The core's pretty Zard X and Mold Breaker Excadrill weak, so Quag can get you covered there, but Clefable offers some key resistances to shit like Greninja and Knock Off while being able to provide cleric support. Another more unorthodox option is Thick Fat Azumarill, but that's really only good for covering knock off spam and Zard X at the same time. You can go with for cleric support Chansey but that only further encourages Knock Off spam, which I really don't recommend. Defog/Rapid Spin support is nice, so Starmie or Mandibuzz can fit on, but have shared weaknesses with Amph and Zong; one team (not mine unfortunately) effectively uses Mantine, which is pretty shit by itself but actually has great synergy with this core. Other good partners include bulky grasses (Amoonguss/Chesnaught etc) or offensive fire types (Talonflame/Entei/Arcanine/Scarftran etc)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I've been using a lot of different Pokemon post Aegislash ban and I think I've found a core worth posting in this thread:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic / Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie / Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake / Close Combat

The goal behind this core is to create a situation where Pinsir can effectively sweep the enemy team, and in order to accomplish said goal, it uses Starmie's ability to defeat almost every Spinblocker or Stealth Rock setter, which is important to bring Pinsir in safely, and Magnezone's Magnet Pull to kill Steel-types such as Skarmory and Scizor, which can possibly give Pinsir trouble otherwise. However, that's not all there is to it: Starmie is an incredibly hard Pokemon to switch into (especially with Analytic) for offensive and balanced teams, due to its Speed and coverage, and since most people use Ferrothorn as an answer to Starmie, Magnezone can switch in easily against it and eliminate it with its Hidden Power Fire, which gives this core really good offensive synergy.

However, it all comes with some flaws. Pokemon with more Speed than Starmie and at least decent coverage, such as Greninja, Talonflame without Choice Band (although Starmie can tank a hit from it at full HP and OHKO back*) and Mega Manectric give this core a lot of trouble. Rotom-W can be troublesome as well, as it can tank hits from Starmie, Magnezone and straight up wall Pinsir. With that in mind, good partners for this core are Pokemon able to Revenge Kill faster threats, such as Dragonite (which benefits from both Magnezone and Starmie's support), Azumarill (it can also switch into Greninja if AV), Talonflame (for BirdSpam) and Mamoswine (it has Stealth Rock too), as well as good Rotom-W switch ins, like Ferrothorn and Latios / Latias (they don't really stack well with Starmie, but the later has Healing Wish, which is always welcome).

* 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 216-255 (82.7 - 97.7%)

When I saw someone on PS Chat say Diancie was ass you know I had to see how "ass" it really was.

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

But a day before that I found out that M.CharX isn't the only Mega Charizard that can be so damn Thick.
Let me tell you why Mega Chariard Y is currently my favorite Mega in OU.

I mean, this Charizard's favorite drink is Greninja's LO Hydro Pump and bounces Gengar's Shadow Balls off as if Charizard had Bulletproof.
It can also Will-O-Wisp Bisharp and Mawile on the Sucker Punch and just Fire Blast, lol.

And thanks to Mega Charizard Y's massive Special Attack stat, you don't even need to invest to get the OHKOs.

vs Greninja
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 133-156 (37.4 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
**4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 340-402 (119.2 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Gengar
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 110-133 (30.9 - 37.4%) -- 76.2% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 126-149 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
**4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar in Sun: 339-400 (129.3 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Manetric
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 200-236 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
**4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Manectric in Sun: 321-378 (114.2 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Thundurus
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 188-224 (52.9 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
**4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus in Sun: 322-379 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And after the OHKO, it just roosts off Damage.

I usually run Latias to deal with Mega Venusaur, but still.
**4 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur in Sun: 168-200 (46.1 - 54.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Now onto the other half of the core.
Diancie's movepool is kinda Garbage, but it doesn't need much, tbh. Obviously she's there to set up Stealth Rock.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Other than that, she walls dafuq out of Talonflame. Toxic is just to annoy stall Pokemon.
And Moonblast for STAB and K.O's against Dragons who think an EQ could kill.

And you wouldn't believe this, but Diancie can beat M.CharX in a 1 vs 1 .

You should know;
0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 198-234 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That and Diancie has a 50% chance for the +1 Boost.

vs. Mega Charizard X (if they choose to EQ the first turn)
252+ Atk Mega Charizard X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
**0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 198-234 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

vs Mega Charizard X (if they laugh at Diancie at go for the Dragon Dance)
**0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 198-234 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Charizard X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 194-230 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And if you get the +1 Defense boost from Diamond Storm, you're going to live and kill it.

Summary;
Rock/Fairy and Fire/Flying are a great Core because they cover each other's weaknesses pretty good.

Mega Charizard Y resists two of Diancie's four weaknesses and is immune to Ground.
In Sun Water does 50% and thanks to the Bulk, M.CharY could easily drink that. You could add team mates that resist water so you could easily get your Opp in the situation you want.

It's just kind of tricky to play around and get the match up vs M.CharY, but it's not that hard.
I might add a Team Member with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy just to heal off Status, but this core still works.

Last edited:
AV Raikou is too weak and just makes me wish it was mega mane and HP Fire would result in this core being slaughtered by landorus and unable to do anything (also just being a bad mega manectric)
You say that but 115 SpA with full investment is more than enough to do some serious damage. Combine that with Raikou's great bulk with AV and you have a powerful threat that can come in consistently throughout the match and check some of OU's scariest mons, whilst still being able to switch up moves and pivot out etc...

AV Raikou is awesome. MegaMan is sweet but he's far less specially bulky - not to mention takes up a mega slot. Raikou isn't outclassed, he just fills a slightly different niche, making a better check to Thundurus IMO.

Also, Landorus is hard enough to switch into at the best of times. That's why your other 4 team slots are there. HP Ice is usually the better option but HP Fire does have its merits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)