Smogon Superstars V - Playoffs R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Smogon Superstars V

Originally hosted by tripe, Hosted last year by undisputed , Hosted this year by FireMage

Smogon Superstars I : Won by Jibaku
Smogon Superstars II : Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Smogon Superstars III: Won by Aeroblacktyl
Smogon Superstars IV: Won by panamaxis
Smogon Superstars V : Won by ????

- Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3 - Qualifiers - Playoffs R1

Welcome to one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments in which all the participants are handpicked and then invited to join. Its been an exhaustive few hours but the roster is finally complete and I hope you enjoy all of what this tour has to offer in terms of high level battles, high level drama and massive johns. The roster was drawn up by myself with assistance and insight from Eo so any complaints can be sent directly to him.

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

Use Smogtours for all battles and make sure you save all of your replays! Announce your battles when / if you can so as many people as possible can view these excellent battles!

Top 16
1) FLCL [12-3-0]
2) Reymedy [12-3-0]
3) Ojama [11-4-0]
4) Hantsuki [11-3-1]
5) Conflict [10-5-0]
6) Dekzeh [10-5-0]
7) Bad Ass [10-5-0]
8) yan[sogeking] [10-5-0]
9) MarceloDK [10-5-0]
10) Leftiez [10-3-2]
11) Ciele [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
12) Masterclass [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
13) PDC [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]
14) Kevin Garrett [9-6-0] [0 Group Wins]
15) -Tsunami- [8-5-2] [1 Group Win]
16) Eo Ut Mortus [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]

Playoffs R2

Winners Bracket:
1) FLCL vs 8) yan[sogeking]
2) Reymedy vs 10) Leftiez
14) Kevin Garrett vs 11) Ciele
4) Hantsuki vs 5) Conflict

Losers Bracket:
16) Eo Ut Mortus vs. 9) MarceloDK
15) -Tsunami- vs. 7) Bad Ass
3) Ojama vs. 6) Dekzeh
13) PDC vs. 12) Masterclass

3rd August is the Deadline - 10pm GMT+1 (Fuck midnight) I'd appreciate if you finish it earlier though.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
lost to hantsuki, i played pretty bad in dpp and she had a good team advantage in bw ggs!

No you got lucky as fuck and won it. there's nothing more to it.

are you gonna sit there and tell me the hax i got in xy ou mattered? the scald brn which you latter heal belled. or the wisp on tar who did jack shit the entire match?

The time when good players actually existed is gone, enjoy this generation with lucky as fuck players being successful simply because they're lucky as fuck. No skill just lucky. Even if the player isn't lucky the match up decides the game(That didn't happen with me vs PDC, he just critted, burned, paralyzed and got every fucking roll he could dream of)

The time when good players actually existed is gone, enjoy this generation with lucky as fuck players being successful simply because they're lucky as fuck. No skill just lucky. Even if the player isn't lucky the match up decides the game(That didn't happen with me vs PDC, he just critted, burned, paralyzed and got every fucking roll he could dream of)
this is significantly different from pokemon 2, 3, 5, etc. years ago, where there was no luck at all!

Last edited:

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Ciele and I played. He gave me the win in DPP when he CH'd my win condition. He won BW2 and I won XY. Good games and thank you for the gesture in the DPP game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)