The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I noticed an eye movement, but it looked more like shock to me. At first I thought because of Suyin's rebellious nature in the past that she would want to kick ass instead of listening to Lin's wishes, but it could be something more sinister.

Last edited:
I personally didn't sense any malicious from Suyin, she genuinely looked shocked and pissed when they thought the guard did it. I guess it could be an act, though....

Also Nickelodeon much like CN likes to kill their more interesting and better shows so they can focus on shows like Every Witch Way because we just need another teen witch sitcom. >_>

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
So that's actually factually inorrect diverman according to the recent release of the statements from Comic Con. If I could find the link apparently Korra is an IMMENSELY popular show for Nickelodeon... online. They garner significantly more business with the digital download/streaming format and are apparently making the move towards this to have a consistent stable release time and make more monies or something idk. The issue is that they just handled the announcement REALLY fucking poorly so a lot of people got upset.

FOUND THE LINK.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
If this was planned then why the heck are the episodes listed like this: http://imgur.com/XWX3Mad

A little link being thrown around but still absolutely depressing.
In the link it says they planned to do the digital format for all of season 3 and then said "wait no let's not," and then just recently decided to goback. So it obviously wasn't expertly planned and executed, but it was a direction they had been thinking about going in.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Wish Hulu had it up that fast instead...not liking the idea of going to Nick for my Korra fixin'.
2. OMG, Zaheer...this guy is just all kinds of vicious!

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is definitely turning into the best season plot of the series. Intelligent villains that aren't just hungry for power!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Was kinda hoping for a fight scene with Iwei but I can live this. It's nice to have bad guys with a goal in mind that isn't just about domination lol

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The plot is thickening? I'm certainly interested to see where things go from here, but it's episode 9 and by now in Spirits a war was started, mako and bolin got a big start on character development, and we had the awesome Avatar Wan episodes. And that was the season where everyone bitched about nothing happening. So what the fuck has happened up until now? I get that people want Avatar to be more like the original series, which was more episodic and had more obvious stakes than Air or Spirits, but this has neither the explosive build-up that Earth had or the amazing character episodes of Fire. I could see it at best building up to an amazing final season; I don't think Changes will be anything more than 'ok' (here's hoping for a great finale though).

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So what the fuck has happened up until now?
Personally, I think what has been happening is build up. While the plot might not have advanced a ton in 9 episodes, its branched off in a ton of directions, built mystery and possibilities for conflict and resolution. And while I get it might not be exciting to all, its been exciting for me. I've been heavily anticipating each new episode. And I don't think people are bitching as much because we're placated with some pretty cool scenes in the meantime. We had stuff like character development for Lin, which while not essential, was appreciated, and culminated in an awesome fight. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's sure as shit not dynamic to go back to episodic pacing, I don't know what western TV you've been watching but that's the status quo. All this season says to me is that people are easily distracted by pretty visuals and concepts. Yeah after the first episode Korra no longer feels like the main character, but outside of Lin no one feels like a character with any sort of focus. Can anyone seriously tell me this measures up to Earth or Fire so far?

Pretty fucking cool for all the Americans out there, but the show isn't available for us canadians :(

'Arr

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what appears to be a huge plot point and spoiler has been posted on Nicks site regarding what appears to be the next ep.

It is a GIF, was posted as a 'great bending moments of S3'

Airbending OP wowowow

aaaand the episode leaked online a day early.... we clearly have someone on the inside who seems to have not enjoyed that gif.

Last edited:

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really? Really? The red lotus? I almost started laughing when I saw that part in the episode, it's so unoriginal. And the "WE NEED TO BRING DOWN THE AVATAR TO DESTROY THE WORLD AND BRING CHAOS" thing seemed so cliche.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Really? Really? The red lotus? I almost started laughing when I saw that part in the episode, it's so unoriginal. And the "WE NEED TO BRING DOWN THE AVATAR TO DESTROY THE WORLD AND BRING CHAOS" thing seemed so cliche.
Cliche? Isn't it usually "WE NEED TO BRING DOWN X TO SAVE THE WORLD AND BRING PEACE"?

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Just finished watching episode 9 and got around to episode 10. What I should have expected what happened in ep 10 to occur eventually, but... holy hell! The episode pretty much left me gasping for breath at the end.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)