Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we please make it so Room Owners can change the information for a room again (description, intro, etc).

I don't know what abuse you're trying to stop with this but there has to be a less intrusive and more sensical way to do it. What's even the point of having a room system when you have to contact a global admin to even do anything even if you're a Room Owner?
you can change the intro and roomdesc if you're RO isnt it, im pretty sure that works for Public rooms.

you can change the intro and roomdesc if you're RO isnt it, im pretty sure that works for Public rooms.
RO's can no longer change roodesc. The idea is that the roomdesc generally doesn't change for most of the rooms because the short descriptive phrase is what the room is all about and it's pretty rare that a room actually wants to re-brand itself. Instead roomintros were made to spread news and important information.

There is an argument for both sides as to whether or not RO's should be able to change roomdesc, but that's up to Zarel, so you'd need to convince him and this thread is not the place to do so.

So I had an idea involving a tier between OU and Ubers, it can be for non legendary pokemon and mega stones, like blaziken and mega lucario, it could be called Over Powered or something like that, and it could be for players looking to use those powerful pokemon with out having to deal with huge Uber threats like multiscale lugia and mega mewtwo.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I had an idea involving a tier between OU and Ubers, it can be for non legendary pokemon and mega stones, like blaziken and mega lucario, it could be called Over Powered or something like that, and it could be for players looking to use those powerful pokemon with out having to deal with huge Uber threats like multiscale lugia and mega mewtwo.
The whole point of Ubers is to be a banlist for Overused. Simply a differentiated banlist would serve no purpose.

The whole point of Ubers is to be a banlist for Overused. Simply a differentiated banlist would serve no purpose.
Ubers could be for legendary pokes though, and with a huge game mechanic added with x and y, why not add a tier for the over powered megas? I have not played around with ubers that much but when i do i almost always see legendaries. I'd just like to see a tier where the super powerful megas can have a chance to compete.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ubers could be for legendary pokes though, and with a huge game mechanic added with x and y, why not add a tier for the over powered megas? I have not played around with ubers that much but when i do i almost always see legendaries. I'd just like to see a tier where the super powerful megas can have a chance to compete.
So you want a ban list for a banlist?

PU is not an official tier, UU's banlist is BL, RU's BL 2, and the banlist for OU is ubers, so you're getting a banlist for a banlist?
No im saying add a new tier, so when I use blaziken or mega kangakhan i don't have to compete with Mewtwo Y and Lugia

No im saying add a new tier, so when I use blaziken or mega kangakhan i don't have to compete with Mewtwo Y and Lugia
There are only 27 Ubers. You have to have at least 41 unique Pokemon to make a new tier which is considered to be "on a separate power scale of the neighboring tiers."

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's now how tiers are "created" at all.

Anyway MTKEEGAN, your suggestion doesn't belong here - while we use Pokemon Showdown to play, PS actually has no power over tiering. You might be able to send Haunter a message if you really want to see this metagame created. If that doesn't work out there's always Other Metagames.

How difficult would it be to add Leech Seed to the Damage Calculator? Maybe add it in as a hazard? That way it can account for the leech seed recovery every turn.

I think this makes sense as it already accounts for leftovers and poison heal recovery.

Of course, if this gets implemented, it would also make sense to add the Big Root in as an item.

Last edited:
How difficult would it be to add Leech Seed to the Damage Calculator? Maybe add it in as a hazard? That way it can account for the leech seed recovery every turn.

I think this makes sense as it already accounts for leftovers and poison heal recovery.

Of course, if this gets implemented, it would also make sense to add the Big Root in as an item.
Suggestions for the calc should be posted here.

Hello. It has probably been mentioned before, but I have two suggestions for what I would like on Showdown.
1) Status Message: I would like it to be possible to make a status message on your Showdown-user, so that it is easier to keep in touch with what your PS-friends are up to/their plans for their near future and etc.
2) AFK-option: It would be nice if we got an AFK-option to just put on instead of having to log off or change nick. I know it is simple already, but it would have been better if it was implemented.

ok, i dont know if this has already been suggested or not, but i think that it would be great if PS!'s tier settings were easier to be updated. correct me if i am wrong but, right now, a server reset is needed for that and only programmers can do it, right?

so my suggestion is to implement a new command; something like /newtier P, T; it would be able to instantly update the tier of pomemon P to a new tier T. obviously, only admins and/or tier leaders would be able to utilize this command, and they should do it during times were few people are playing.

if this command is implemented, Zarel no longer must be constantly asked to update the tiers, and dynamic tiers like UU would have much faster suspect tests (they dont need to wait for the ladder to be updated before and after each tests).

Recently talked to some people in lobby and came up with an idea for Custom Matches to be customizable. For instance, I want to play with a friend in customs but I want Sleep Clause and Swagger Clause and no Uber pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)