Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Andrew_CK - I'm afraid I can only answer one out of your three questions. For your money problem, an excellent way to make money quickly is to Fly Hearthome, go south to Route 212 until you see the Gentleman / Socialite, and continue to battle them using the VS. Seeker. After a while (+ Amulet Coin), you'll be getting 24,000 from them each.

---

And to not double post, can someone answer two questions that I have?

1) If you're using Endure / Reversal Lucario, is it more helpful to have a low HP IV?

2) I'm considering using an All-Out Attacker Gengar:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: ???
- Hidden Power Fire / Hynosis
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

As you can see, I need help with the nature. Should I run Timid or Modest?

Thanks in advance.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The best place to get money is Gentleman Jeremy and Socialite Reina, who are outside the Pokemon Mansion. They can give as much as 24000 per battle assuming you have Amulet Coin/Luck Incense. Ace Trainer Ariana (the one with the Chansey, which does not evolve) is near the northern end of the sandstorm route, past the last patch of grass.

The best place to get money is Gentleman Jeremy and Socialite Reina, who are outside the Pokemon Mansion. They can give as much as 24000 per battle assuming you have Amulet Coin/Luck Incense. Ace Trainer Ariana (the one with the Chansey, which does not evolve) is near the northern end of the sandstorm route, past the last patch of grass.
Is the experience worth the hike up to her?

Are the EVs added into stats before a pokemon levels up? For example if you have a Ho-oH lv. 70 from Colosseum and you use it in battle a few times and it gains some experience and EVs but doesn't level up to 71, will its stats increase before leveling up?

Math nerds flock here!!

Or just anyone really.

How much Attack EVs would a non-normal, non-attack-alternating-natured pokemon with base 95 Attack need to kill Blissey in one hit with Explosion?

What kind of IV's would Togekiss benefit more from? I'm going for 31 special attack and 31 in at least 1 defence stat - but which one? Does togikiss need 31 speed? It'll be running t-wave.
I would like to know also, I will have one on my team, is 19 spd ivs high enough for it to outspeed everything that it needs to? thanks.

I have a quick question: Why is it illegal to have fire puch with the ability scrappyon miltank , or something like that, and to have thunder punch on breloom with poison heal? Are there any more illegal move sets/abilities with moves?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have a quick question: Why is it illegal to have fire puch with the ability scrappyon miltank , or something like that, and to have thunder punch on breloom with poison heal? Are there any more illegal move sets/abilities with moves?
Scrappy is a D/P exclusive ability. Fire Punch is from Emerald. Miltank does not have a preevo that learn Fire Punch from Emerald.

Same thing is for Breloom. To obtain a Poison Heal Breloom that's captured in Emerald, you have to transfer it as a Shroomish and then evolve it in D/P. Since Shroomish can't learn Thunderpunch, you'd have to evolve to Breloom. The Breloom will keep Effect Spore upon transfer

dragonblade1214;563502 And to not double post said:
1)[/b] If you're using Endure / Reversal Lucario, is it more helpful to have a low HP IV?

2) I'm considering using an All-Out Attacker Gengar:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: ???
- Hidden Power Fire / Hynosis
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

As you can see, I need help with the nature. Should I run Timid or Modest?

Thanks in advance.
1) Not Really. A low HP IV wont help anything but make you more likely to Endure a fatal hit.

2) First off, Gengar does not learn Ice Beam. Second, you should run Timid most of the time. Third, a Focus Sash wont help much if it is a pure sweeper, you could run a Life Orb to help you do more damage.

Rough Skin is 1/8 now. Doesn't help much though, Sharpedo doesn't last long.

And the reason why Scrappy+Fire Punch and Poison Heal+T Punch is because they are 3rd gen moves with 4 gen abilities. Normally, you can change the abilities by evolving, but since Miltank can't evolve and only Breloom learns T Punch, both cannot be gotten legally.

By what percentage does Wise Glasses increase the SPECIAL moves of a pokemon?

By what percentage does Life Orb increase the power of moves of a pokemon?

Does anyone know? :/

Yes. The negative about Life Orb is the 10% HP loss but the strength boost makes up for it I guess.

EDIT: Ack. Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)