Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

There's no chance that Jigglypuff will not appear in this game. Only question imo is if it'll still keep sing or if it'll get something new and / or Fairy-typed. It'd also be interesting if Competitive could be implemented somehow into its design (though frankly how to do that without making it lucario is beyond me).
It was more a joke than anything, haha :]

Though I would really like to see Sing replaced if Jiggly did make a return. Maybe with something like Dazzling Gleam, in which a ray of some sort shoots upward? Idk haha.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If Jigglypuff gets a projectile in Moonblast, that'd be pretty cool. Replacing Rollout could work.

Making Sing a taunt with an effect (like Luigi's) could actually be a very realistic possiblity, this way they could keep Jigglypuffs character trait without it having the shittiest special move in the game.

I'm hoping we get a reveal at tomorrow's Hyrule Warriors Direct, but I'll just be happy if they confirm Ganondorf playable.
I can't remember what "evidence" was given, but I remember reading a rumor that they were going to reveal that Ganondorf will be playable in Hyrule Warriors at the same time they reveal him for Smash.

He's in desperate need of some changes that make him feel more unique imo, and considering how Sakurai apparently did a pretty good job with buffing the other heavy characters and how long they've gone without announcing his rather obvious inclusion, I feel like Ganondorf's in for some pretty radical changes for Smash 4.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
So Im not sure if its been touched on recently since we've forgotten about it or haven't paid attention to it, but thoughts on Customization for Stage Selections, I want Customizable stages to be fun and interesting taking pieces from a map and adding them to your own area, or using a stage as a templet and adding on to it, what are your thoughts on Customizable stages guys. Do you think we should have them back or not?

So Im not sure if its been touched on recently since we've forgotten about it or haven't paid attention to it, but thoughts on Customization for Stage Selections, I want Customizable stages to be fun and interesting taking pieces from a map and adding them to your own area, or using a stage as a templet and adding on to it, what are your thoughts on Customizable stages guys. Do you think we should have them back or not?
I think it should return, and I think it should be drastically improved upon. It was a good concept that was poorly executed in Brawl. Some more options for features and aesthetic appearances could go a long way into letting us make truly unique stages.

He's in desperate need of some changes that make him feel more unique
I disagree. He could use some new moves, but his Brawl incarnation is unique enough. Just being slower, having Flame Choke and not having the knee make him play completely differently that Falcon.

Maybe Ganondorf will actually use his sword.
Considering how Sakurai just said two weeks ago that he doesn't want more "plain old sword-wielders", I severely doubt that he'll go out of his way to turn a veteran into a plain old sword-wielder.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I disagree. He could use some new moves, but his Brawl incarnation is unique enough. Just being slower, having Flame Choke and not having the knee make him play completely differently that Falcon.

Considering how Sakurai just said two weeks ago that he doesn't want more characters that exclusively use swords, I severely doubt that he'll go out of his way to make an entirely new moveset for a veteran that makes him exclusively use a sword.
See the problem with this was I wanted a new moveset for Ganon as well but I wanted it in the style of Robin. Spells + Sword Play, because while I enjoy Ganon, him and Captain Falcon had similar movesets in Brawl so I wanted something different, at this point, I feel that Ganon should still have a similar set with Robin, but now combining old moves from the past, with Spells and maybe one or two Sword attacks and that would be it. Otherwise its going to become hectic as to what they want him to be.

So I had an awful dream this morning in which Smash 4 had been released in Japan, and the full roster had been revealed. There were no more characters besides those already confirmed and one final addition:
Mother. Fucking. Broly.
As in, the overly muscled dude from those mediocre DBZ movies. That broly.

I was very happy when I woke up.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ganondorf is not from the same franchise or universe as Falcon and pretty much the only character similarity they share is that they are both male. They're conceptually nothing alike, yet are probably the most similar clone pairing this side of Mario/Luigi (who are intentionally similar for good reason). Ganondorf should be far more unique. What the fuck is a Warlock Punch? Where has Ganon(dorf) ever shown that brand of magical ability, or the mobility of Wizard's Foot and Dark Dive outside of his TP beast form (which is his Final Smash anyway)? I'd love to see his special moveset completely changed and maybe tweak a few normal melee attacks as well.

Fuck swords, give him a trident like ol' Pig Ganon. I think brutal melee fighter who pounds shit with his fists is a good fit for him in Smash, so I wouldn't want him to be a spellsword-type like Robin but he could at least use the sword in one Special or something, like a Side B backhand sword spin.

Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.

(Comment)

Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

What the fuck is a Warlock Punch? Where has Ganon(dorf) ever shown that brand of magical ability, or the mobility of Wizard's Foot and Dark Dive outside of his TP beast form (which is his Final Smash anyway)?
What the fuck is a Falcon Punch? Where has Captain Falcon ever shown that brand of magical ability, or the mobility of Falcon Kick and Falcon Dive outside of his car (which is his Final Smash anyway)?

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
wow ok thanks media tags

Falcon Punch was used in an anime, didnt matter since you obviously were referring to a game backing but perfect time to post it

also they'll prolly reply with something like Ganon has showed a shitload of actual powers to use

Last edited:
wow ok thanks media tags

Falcon Punch was used in an anime, didnt matter since you obviously were referring to a game backing but perfect time to post it

also they'll prolly reply with something like Ganon has showed a shitload of actual powers to use
SSB predates that anime by like 4 and a half years though.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ganondorf obviously needs a projectile that could be reflected with a well-timed punch (and re-reflected, and re-re-reflected, and so on...). There's a reason why he's on everybody's minds when they hear the term "tennis boss".

Wind waker just got rereleased so why not add a unique nerf where rolling behind Ganon triggers a powerful unblockable attack. Because his brawl changes made him more unique and were therefore automatically good, keep going in the same direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)