All Gens RoA Premier League: Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All players, please VM your opponents in a timely fashion. Feel free to schedule battles in #ruinsofalph as well. This round will be up until next Monday, August 11th, probably around noon EST.

Tentacool Trumpeteers (1) vs Sacred Snorlaxes (6)
RBY 1: Floppy vs Dre89
RBY 2: Chisposo vs Taylor
GSC 1: DracoMalfoy vs Texas Cloverleaf
GSC 2: Bedschibaer vs MoxieInfinite
ADV 1: e7e vs McMeghan
ADV 2: Fakes vs musicaltide
DPP 1: King vs george182
DPP 2: Lady Bug vs Marshall.Law
BW 1: Bad Ass vs Light The Thunder
BW 2: -Frexa- vs Tokyo Tom

Blazing Infernapes (6) vs Sepia Starmies (1)
RBY 1: magic9mushroom vs Golden Gyarados
RBY 2: Isa vs Picollo
GSC 1: Bekins vs Mr.E
GSC 2: Dekzeh vs idiotfrommars
ADV 1: SoulWind vs Sapientia
ADV 2: Hot N Cold vs reyscarface
DPP 1: 199 Lives vs boudouche
DPP 2: Vinc2612 vs Ojama
BW 1: Reymedy vs Dice
BW 2: Lyconik vs Ezio

Unpredictable Umbreons (3) vs Lucky Laprases (5)
RBY 1: Mizuhime vs marcoasd
RBY 2: Rewer vs Bomber92
GSC 1: Steven Snype vs Conflict
GSC 2: Lavos Spawn vs Hill
ADV 1: BKC vs PROBLEMS
ADV 2: Nails vs pokebasket
DPP 1: Jirachee vs SOMALIA
DPP 2: badabing vs Honor
BW 1: FLCL vs reiku
BW 2: Morpheus vs PDC

Be sure to save any replays / logs so we can enjoy them after the tournament. Once again, there are some pretty awesome looking matchups this round. Good luck everyone, and have fun~

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
kevin remember that time i gave you that win in smogtours after takin ur life,,, ur goin down nigga

Lavos

Banned deucer.
also why did you flip already Jellicent?
09:56Lavos flcl
09:56Lavos why didnt u
09:56Lavos play dice
10:00flcl i asked him last night
10:00flcl but he didnt respond
10:00flcl i thought theyd give us at least a day to play
10:00flcl instead of just like 12 hours where i was asleep for 10 of them

and dice has been johning frontier too...coinflip is bs imo

also why did you flip already Jellicent?
09:56Lavos flcl
09:56Lavos why didnt u
09:56Lavos play dice
10:00flcl i asked him last night
10:00flcl but he didnt respond
10:00flcl i thought theyd give us at least a day to play
10:00flcl instead of just like 12 hours where i was asleep for 10 of them

and dice has been johning frontier too...coinflip is bs imo
Since FLCL vs Dice will decide the difference between a win or a tie and I can't start the second week yet, I'm going to extend this just a little longer. That said, I'm not giving a long extension; tomorrow morning I'll be coin flipping
I got the last 2 lineups, so I could start week 2. I said I'd be flipping in the morning, and I waited until around 11:30 AM to do it. That's already ~24 hours after the week was originally supposed to end (around noon EST on Sunday), so they did have an extra day to play. Sorry, but I'm not holding up 58 other players because 2 didn't get their match in after already gaining an extension.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
it doesn't hold up other players at all by granting them an extension, since the schedules have already been fixed. even if the flcl v dice match still hasn't been played at this point it literally has zero impact on this week's games. so i don't understand what you are trying to say

the smart thing to do would be to disregard the match entirely, because currently my team is getting fucked out of a win and their team is getting a free tie when they should have had a loss. if their player is johning our player and the deadline passes, call the week good and ignore the unplayed match for fucks sake. we won 5 games, they won 4. that means we win the week right????

i have no idea why you decided to coinflip in the first place.

edit edit: thanks

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ich habe mein Gegner kontaktiert

(I looked forward to playing Golden Gyarados. Tomahawk why do you do this :( )

Tentacool Trumpeteers (0) vs Sacred Snorlaxes (0)
RBY 1: Floppy vs Dre89 <-- ooooooo
RBY 2: Chisposo vs Taylor
GSC 1: DracoMalfoy vs Texas Cloverleaf
GSC 2: Bedschibaer vs MoxieInfinite
ADV 1: e7e vs McMeghan
ADV 2: Fakes vs M Dragon
DPP 1: jas0n vs george182
DPP 2: Lady Bug vs Marshall.Law
BW 1: Bad Ass vs Light The Thunder
BW 2: -Frexa- vs Typhlito

Unpredictable Umbreons (0) vs Lucky Laprases (0)
RBY 1: Mizuhime vs marcoasd
RBY 2: Rewer vs Bomber92
GSC 1: Steven Snype vs Conflict
GSC 2: Lavos Spawn vs Hill
ADV 1: BKC vs PROBLEMS
ADV 2: Funkasaurus vs pokebasket
DPP 1: Jirachee vs SOMALIA
DPP 2: badabing vs Honor
BW 1: FLCL vs reiku
BW 2: Morpheus vs Toxzn

it doesn't hold up other players at all by granting them an extension, since the schedules have already been fixed. even if the flcl v dice match still hasn't been played at this point it literally has zero impact on this week's games. so i don't understand what you are trying to say

the smart thing to do would be to disregard the match entirely, because currently my team is getting fucked out of a win and their team is getting a free tie when they should have had a loss. if their player is johning our player and the deadline passes, call the week good and ignore the unplayed match for fucks sake. we won 5 games, they won 4. that means we win the week right????

i have no idea why you decided to coinflip in the first place.

edit: if it hurts your ego too much to retract your mistake, so be it lol
Chill it down a notch, son.

I've granted an extension because apparently a longer one was assumed and the results of week 1 don't affect week 2.

I will be coin flipping if they don't have their match completed after the extension is up, however. Ignoring matches is just bad precedent ("Our team's up 5-4, just john and don't risk the tie" or, worse, "we're up 1-0, just don't play and we've got it, lol")

Also, to all players, don't assume I'll be granting further extensions down the line. You've got a week to battle; that's plenty of time. If you can't schedule your match for some reason, every team has substitutes that they can use. Managers, please make sure your rosters are active in scheduling their battles or sub them out if you want to avoid coin flips~

VMed opponent
No you didn't, you PMed me. VM = visitor message on profile page. PM = private message. Jellicent insists that contact be done by VM so he can verify you actually did it.

I was tripped up by that in a tournament in the past.

Nevertheless, I confirm that you have indeed contacted me. I'll reply immediately.

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of a quirk of mine, but in general for any tournament, I can tell you it makes it a lot easier on your host if you use VMs instead of PMs when it comes to activity calls. Especially considering some peeps lie and say they contacted their opponents when they really didn't v.v

VMs give proof of contact, which is the best a host can hope for. I don't care if you use other means of contact to schedule (IRC, PMs, Showdown chat, etc.), but I won't call activity without some sort of proof~

Laprases and Infernapes won, so no activity needed there. Dice vs FLCL was the only match that still mattered at that point.

No you didn't, you PMed me. VM = visitor message on profile page. PM = private message. Jellicent insists that contact be done by VM so he can verify you actually did it.

I was tripped up by that in a tournament in the past.

Nevertheless, I confirm that you have indeed contacted me. I'll reply immediately.
Honest mistake. I bet ten dollars there was a more polite way to point that out.

contacted opponent
For the record, Taylor blatantly lied when saying that he was arranging a time with me last week, so I would advise ignoring such claims unless they are in actual VMs.
Honest mistake. I bet ten dollars there was a more polite way to point that out.
I know it was an honest mistake. I meant no offense, I just didn't want you to get in trouble later.

And I'm not very good at sounding polite. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)