2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm seeing shitty close-ups of this dude with bold captions like "Next RVP", "The King reincarnate", "French deliverance V2"

Diego lopez is going to leave madrid to Monaco.
After this deal is confirmed then Madrid will confirm the Navas deal.

Some are saying that Casillas will be the #1 going into the upcoming season.

It is really a shame how Lopez has been treated since joining the club, but then again Casillas is one of madrid's greatest players so I don't think he would leave(he still brings in a lot of money for the club).

Edit: Courtois is going to playing for chelsea for the first time since joining. Around 45 minutes!

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Werder Bremen beat Chelsea 3-0, didn't watch the game but our pre season games usually aren't overly promising and we're definitely favorites for the title this season.

can Portsmouth afford to give to charity

and can someone tell me how a player grabbing the ball after not getting the decision is NOT a yellow card for deliberate handball

and LvG wins his first trophy of the season, Brilliant goals again, and Young has learned to play football.

Last edited:

HBK

can Portsmouth afford to give to charity

and can someone tell me how a player grabbing the ball after not getting the decision is NOT a yellow card for deliberate handball

and LvG wins what will be his only trophy of the season, Brilliant goals again, and Young has learned to play football.
Fixed

Van Gaal is doing what Moyes didn't have the capability to do which is actually finding a system to suit his players. I think he's done well, but personally I don't see 3 at the back working in the PL. Most teams will set up with 1 striker against him and camp in their own area which negates any of the advantages. Add to that the fact that it's hard to get an overload down the wings unless someone pulls out of position, and the fact that it's easy for the opponent to overload your flanks forcing one of your players to come out of position, means it's an easy formation to exploit. At the end of the day, football formation is about covering the whole pitch in the best way and two at the back is more efficient than 3. It was only really useful as a counter to the 4-4-2 and I don't see many teams lining up like that, especially against Man U. I would have preferred a 4-4-2 diamond like Rodgers last season if I wanted to fit two strikers in.

On the other hand, I'd love to see a smaller team use 3-4-3 to take Man City apart when they have the cheek to play 4-4-2.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The fact that LvG will use players in the midfield makes united tactical superior to any pl teams except Liverpool.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
he's saying EPL is shit when it comes to midfield tactics.

#upfront #hard #angstreal

HBK

Romeu has joined Stuttgart on loan, he'll probably be sold in the summer. I expected Mourinho to give him a shot but I suppose that he sees Romeu as surplus to requirements.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
lol i would tell you to get fucked phalanx but you're actually right

also yeah nli, cellino is a crazy cunt. as long as we see some reinvestment in the squad and his proposed bid to buy back elland road goes well im sure he'll be loved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)