5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sounds good :) I know you have to hard reset when you find your parameters, so I don't see why it should be different here.

I just sifted through all the seeds +/- 15 sec, frames 1-6, Timer0s 1239-1240 and those Iv's are not in there. So that means that probably means that you aren't hitting your seed because your time/date is wrong, your parameters are really far off, or somewhere you're going wrong with the keypresses...which from what you have said it doesn't seem like you are.
looks like were making some progress here lol.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2whqjo2&s=8#.U9qv_PldUz4

I hard reset after setting the time and I actually got corresponding IVs to the adjacent tool. I did 5 chatter pitches and caught another piloswine with these IVs.

Lvl 52 Often Dozes Off
Piloswine - #221 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Atk: 10-11
Def: 21-22
SpA: 23-24
SpD: 21-22
Spe: 27-28

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
looks like were making some progress here lol.

I hard reset after setting the time and I actually got corresponding IVs to the adjacent tool. I did 5 chatter pitches and caught another piloswine with these IVs.

Lvl 52 Often Dozes Off
Piloswine - #221 (Jolly)
SpA: 23-24
Spe: 27-28
lol That's more like it!

Ok, so it looks like you were off by 1 sec (not surprising on a 3ds), so try starting the game 1 sec later, or slightly adjusting your timing if you are still using the timer. You also hit the wrong Timer0, but I wouldn't worry about that, especially for Black. You're almost there :)

lol That's more like it!

Ok, so it looks like you were off by 1 sec (not surprising on a 3ds), so try starting the game 1 sec later, or slightly adjusting your timing if you are still using the timer. You also hit the wrong Timer0, but I wouldn't worry about that, especially for Black. You're almost there :)
Ok just to clarify instead of 13 seconds 14 seconds correct? Also am I still going with the 5 chatter pitches?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Ok just to clarify instead of 13 seconds 14 seconds correct? Also am I still going with the 5 chatter pitches?
Yeah I would try that. Since there is no clock on the 3ds and there's a slight delay between setting the time and it being set, it takes a little fiddling to get it right. Just keep looking at the adjacent seed tool to see what you need to change.

You wanted frame 58 iirc, and you start on 50 so 8 chatters should be right.

got to go eat, so if I don't respond almost immediately, that's why XD

Yeah I would try that. Since there is no clock on the 3ds and there's a slight delay between setting the time and it being set, it takes a little fiddling to get it right. Just keep looking at the adjacent seed tool to see what you need to change.

totally fine man you've been lots of help. I'll post what results I get

I hit again

8 Chatter Pitches (I did this twice and got the same Lunatone)
Lunatone - #337 (Sassy) 123C Too far
HP: 24-25
Atk: 21-22
Def: 29
SpA: 3-4
SpD: 16-17
Spe: 26-27

7 Chatter Pitches 123D Too quick
Ditto - #132 (Hardy)
SpA: 24-25
Spe: 26-27

I think about the 6th time....I did it lol RNG'd my first pokemon. Wooooh soo happy lol

I caught the shiny Cobalion and want to thank everyone that has helped make it possible!

To contribute to the forum I'll leave some advice for people RNGing stationary Pokemon who happen to read this.

If you RNG for a shiny Poke and can only find high shiny frames, 300<frame, include multiple key presses in your searches to broaden the results. Having a low shiny frame makes the whole process so much simpler.

If you find that you struggle with synchronizing your console's clock with an external clock, and are not sure how many seconds to start the game to hit the seed's date, do the following: use the recommended starting correction (eg. 7-8 seconds for the 3DS, but make sure you stay constant with your time) and catch the Poke. Write down the poke's nature and IVs (you will have to find a way to find the exact IVs, I used my action replay and Serebii's IV calculator, using the action replay to get a lot of rare candies and leveling the Poke then plugging their stats and nature in the Serebii IV calculator). Repeat the process multiple times until you begin to catch multiple Pokes with the same IVs. For the Pokes you catch the most plug there natures and stats into your RNG reporters time finder and find the seed that matches the date of the seed you want to hit. Look at the seconds, if the second is a second higher than the date of the seed you want to hit then make the correction time a second shorter and etc. This way you can feel comfortable about the time you begin your game.

To calculate the frame correction due to wondering npcs, pick an estimate number to advance the frames and catch the poke (this is why you want a low frame, it really does make the process easier) until you land on your seed and take special note of the Poke's nature (again you can check the Poke matches the seed's IVs by Serebii's iv calculator, it should be obvious when Serebii matches the seed's spread even without the action replay). Use the RNG reporter screen that shows each frame and its Chatot pitch and see if you can find the nature closest to the frame you need to hit. If there are many frames with the matching nature see if you can decrease or increase the number of you estimate frame advancements to hit a nature that is unique. If you can hit that unique nature then you should safely be able to see how you need to change the estimate frame advancements to hit the frame you need to hit.

Good luck!

I've found a nice jolly shiny PID that requires a female cute charm lead. Can I use this for genderless pokémon like Terrakion?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I've found a nice jolly shiny PID that requires a female cute charm lead. Can I use this for genderless pokémon like Terrakion?
No, Cute Charm spreads doesn't work with genderless and/or fixed gender 'mons (like Kangaskhan or Latios) unfortunately.

Oh and is there a decent timer available as well? I don't have a working ds lite at the moment so I have to make do with my 3ds.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Oh and is there a decent timer available as well? I don't have a working ds lite at the moment so I have to make do with my 3ds.
PPRNG on iOS has a timer included. The intention is that you shouldn't need any other app on your iPhone/iPad to do 5th gen RNG.

Trying to RNG a Horsea in B2 and.... failing rather misreably.

I've read that WNPCs are frozen during the animation but I've also read that the game also randonly advances the frame when deciding whether will be a bite on the rod or not.

Can anyone confirm this?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Trying to RNG a Horsea in B2 and.... failing rather misreably.

I've read that WNPCs are frozen during the animation but I've also read that the game also randonly advances the frame when deciding whether will be a bite on the rod or not.

Can anyone confirm this?
Hmmm you used chatots to confirm which frame you ended up right?
And yeah, fishing will freeze the NPCs.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Yup. I only had to advance a couple of Chatots and the pitch was correct.
:/
Hmm I think it's the offset when you fish a mon.
I forgot if it was 2, or 3.

For example, if the last chatot sound before you fish is at frame 98, and the target frame is 100, but you end up at 101, adjust accordingly.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Just a quick note that an update for the iPhone version of PPRNG has been released that includes a (free) function for searching for your SID based on your TID and the date you started your game.

It's not very accurate (multiple results are usually returned) because the search space is large and the conditions are few, but now that Pokecheck is unusable it's the only way to find your 5th Gen SID other than using an external device or can sending your mons to a Gen 6 game and using one of the tools there.

I'm trying to use the hidden grottos in White2 to catch a 6IV ditto using RNG reporter 9.96.5. Is there an easier way? Can it be done this way? Is there a good guide I should be using?

I've only been confused with the information I've found on the topic so far. Specifically I'm confused about what you are supposed to do before you start setting the time.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I'm trying to use the hidden grottos in White2 to catch a 6IV ditto using RNG reporter 9.96.5. Is there an easier way? Can it be done this way? Is there a good guide I should be using?

I've only been confused with the information I've found on the topic so far. Specifically I'm confused about what you are supposed to do before you start setting the time.
To a certain extent the smogon guide here... but it may be hard to understand, feel free to PM me with any questions.

It may be easier to just RNG it in the Giant Chasm on Black/White, not sure if you have those games though.

Been trying to find my parameters for my new White 2 version and I'm at my wit's end. I've RNGed tons in White (1) and in 4th gen and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA and a DSi XL, I've gotten 5-6 different VCount and VFrame values from both types of parameter searches (Unova Link and Sweet Scent)- that is, when I actually find results, less than 1/2 the time.
The Sweet Scent encounters I am doing are in the Virbank Complex (the exterior part in the city) and then turning on the C-Gear and trading them over to my White to have their IVs checked via Action Replay, if that makes any difference (which I don't think it does as I don't think there are any WNPCs).

Have double-checked my MAC Address, my language (English), Version (White 2), and I'm not touching any buttons until the star appears. Any idea of what I might be missing?
Edit: I also have ensured my date and time are correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)