XY OU Southern Killers ( Peak #1 )

Hi Smogon, today I will show you my second RMT here. I'm postin this team because it gave me many satisfactions in XY OU Ladder, when I ranked #1 thanks to it.

Since my english is bad i'll show ya the building phase

Well, the aim of the team is to break effectively stalls and offensive teams so I started with Manectric + Gothitelle.
Manectric can pull in mons like Chansey/Blissey/Mega Venu etc so I can take advantage of Volt Switch to trap them with Gothitelle and take them off..
beyond this, manectric is a very good pokèmon who can danger in a serious way HO teams which have Thundurus/ Landorus / Azumarill / many megas / etc

At this point I decided to put Gliscor because it gives to the team a certain warranty on the physical side, especially vs stuff like Lando-T/Garchomp/Terrakion; also, once I removed its counters with Gothi, it can win itself a lot of matches thanks to SubToxic.

now i need something who was able to check CM Clefable / Keldeo / CM Cune so I choose to put in amoongus. :ooo Amoongus can survive for a long time thanks to Regenerator, so I thought he was the best available option

I thought I wasn' t able to cover the majority of the threats so I put in Ditto to stop all statuppers like Charizard X / Thundurus NP / Mega TTar

I put Tyranitar as last pokèmon because it's the SR setter. Also it's a good Steel lurer and a good trapper for Gothitelle and Latwins which they can enter on Mega Manectric

Street Terrorism (F) @ Manectite
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is probably the mega pokemon with higher speed used in Ou. In a slow metagame like XY OU, his speed is the key to destroy wholes Hyper Offense team and his coverage make it trouble to switch in. Intimidate is a nice ability to create for him some switch in. It is the key pokemon to hit Pinsir, Talonflame and flying spams.

Premonitions (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Trick
- Rest

The volturn that manectric Make is perfect working with Gothitelle. Manectric counters are usually grass mons like Venusaur, Amoonguss, or pink blobs like Chansey and Blissey and Gothitelle is the perfect switchin for these mons tricking them. Also the HP fire is useful against Scizors or Ferrothorn and i preferred Psychic to Psyshock cuz of Gliscor or other physical threats.

Pico Union District (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Gliscor is one of the best annoyer mon ever made. His bulkyness combined with his trait and with the sub can wrecks wholes unpreparred teams. Toxic is often useful to poison someone in switchin like Latios/Latias/Keldeo and reduce them staying power. Gothitelle also tricks Skarmory and ferrothorn, troubles for Gliscor.

Ritual Poison (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain

Amoonguss is, after MegaVenusaur, the best Grass mon in XY OU. Spore is a wonderful pressure move, unabling for turns a Pokèmon of my oppo. Clear smog is the perfect way to defeat Suicune and Clefable and in general boosting mons. Foul play is here to hit Gengar, Latios and Latias in switch in and the last move is the obvious Giga Drain, stab that gives me some recover.

Psyclones @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Transform

Ditto is the classic Reveng Killer. The teams needed speed and so i picked it to kill huge stuff like MPinsir, Charizard X and other stats uppers. Ditto is also useful to prevent oppo's boost cuz of the trait and so is a sort of "anti-boosting" destroying any strategy.

Show of Force (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

After 5 generations from his coming out, tyranitar is one of the most centralizing pokemons. Sand gives him a wonderful bulkyness, act to tank Latwins in general and to pursuit him. So Manectric can sweep easily. He also is the stealth rock setter and with fire blast is a wonderful baitkiller of ferrothorn or skarmory. Spread is spdef bulky to tank dmeteor with facility.

Psyclones (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HpP/ 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform

Show Of Force (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Ritual Poison (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain

Pico Union District (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Premonitions (Gothitelle) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Trick
- Rest

Street Terrorism (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Credits:

Thanks to SnowCristal! Live Metal Prague Kick cuz they helped me with the english language.
Thanks for this amazing graphich intro to Madness Sky :oooo fiko fiko

PS: Sorry about the shortness of the RMT but the language is an drawback for me.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you run into problems with Hazards, no? Mostly because you have no way to rid of them.
Sticky Web negates Mega Manectites amazing Speed. SR+Spikes can also lead to less effectiveness of Volt Switching to a counter and Amoonguss's Regenerator.

Also wouldn't Modest+Choice Specs be better for Gothitelle? You can outspeed most mons you are trying to use Trick or HP Fire on without Timid+Scarf. Also the increase in power to break cores would quite noticeable.

EDIT:

Could you explain the EV spread for Gliscor?

I'm blind. I didn't see Rest on Gothitelle. What gives?

Last edited:
Hi Decision Makers, Great Team I always love to use Gothitelle because it have an amazing ability Shadow Tag.
So I hope I can help you.

I think that Choice Specs on Gothitelle with a modest nature is better than a timid one with Choice Scarf because it already outspeed the threat that Goth is needed to take care of. And Specs will give you more power to deal damage. Except if you want outspeed Gengar without Scarf or and Sash and OHKO in that case Scarf is good.
Also I don't see a use to Rest. So if you want use T-Bolt to Skarmory and Mandibuzz Gyarados or Grass Knot/Energy Ball to
hit Quagsire and Rotom-W and others.

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Trick
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire

Have you thought about giving Gliscor a more specially defensive orientated split? I know you're already having a lot of bulk on the special side but I don't see how you stand a single chance against Landorus besides Ditto which isn't really the greatest check.

Also a few questions: how do you deal with Greninja, Charizard-Y, Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor (Goths HP Fire isn't doing much), Dragonite and basically anything that has a Dragon- or Fairy-type attack. I'd like to test the team but on power these 'mons seem to trouble your team a lot.

Have you thought about giving Gliscor a more specially defensive orientated split? I know you're already having a lot of bulk on the special side but I don't see how you stand a single chance against Landorus besides Ditto which isn't really the greatest check.

Also a few questions: how do you deal with Greninja, Charizard-Y, Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor (Goths HP Fire isn't doing much), Dragonite and basically anything that has a Dragon- or Fairy-type attack. I'd like to test the team but on power these 'mons seem to trouble your team a lot.
If he does switch to Choice Specs for Gothitelle like me and T3aFalGa3 suggested, it does fare better against Mega Venusaur and Mega Scizor.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 348-412 (101.1 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 336-396 (92.3 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

As for Greninja and Charizard-Y I think that Mega-Manectric is enough.
And Dragonite Ditto take him after SR.
Fairies will either take an Overheat or be walled by Amoonguss.

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Decision Makers really cool team and congrats on your peak.

You do seem to have a bit of a Zard Y weakness however, considering Manectric can't actually OHKO the standard sets most of the time due to its good SDef, and it can potentially OHKO or 2HKO everything on your team with the correct move or at least open up opportunities for teammates to sweep if you lose Manectric for example which could be a real issue for you.
Ditto also isn't of much use against a healthy Zard Y. It basically gets a guaranteed kill on all but Tyranitar, which cannot switch in on Focus Blast.

A decent fix for this is using Choice Banded Talonflame > Ditto
Talonflame can switch into Zard Y once if you really need it to (that's more than you can say about the rest of the team) and almost always OHKOes with Brave Bird.
In addition to doing Ditto's job and giving you another solid Zard Y check, Talonflame gives the team a stronger late game win condition that doesn't need the opponent's setup to sweep offensive teams. Plus, it has great offensive synergy with Mega Manectric.
Manectric checks opposing Electric types and physical walls that can put an end to the bird, particularly Thundurus, while Talonflame easily switches in on Manectric's only weakness and can weaken bulkier offensive threats like Terrakion and AV users that Mega Manectric can't OHKO on it's own to facilitate a Mega Manectric sweep late game, or vice versa. Not to mention they form a VoltTurn core together that can be absolutley nasty to deal with.

And now that you have another great option to smack Ferrothorn with, this gives you a bit more freedom with your Tyranitar, which is going to be necessary to control hazards a little better than how you're doing now.
I recommend a better lure/lead set that can hopefully lessen the chances of your opponent getting up Rocks.

Tyranitar@Focus Sash
Hasty
Sand Stream
8 Atk 248 SAtk 252 Spe

Low Kick
Pursuit
Ice Beam/Taunt/Fire Blast
Stealth Rock

Still not the greatest way to prevent hazards for Talonflame (should you choose to heed that suggestion), but it's at least something.

Together with Mega Manectric, this set stops or threatens the most common hazard leads in the game while still effectively Pursuit Trapping Lati@s.
Low Kick always OHKOes Bisharp, 252 HP Tyranitar, and has a 50% chance of OHKOing 4 HP Mega Tyranitar, all of which can potentially give your team trouble, especially the latter if it carries Ice Punch. Low Kick also 2HKOs 252 HP Heatran, which can be a pain to a lot of this team.
Superpower is an option for a chance to OHKO Excadrill, but you miss out on the 2HKO on Heatran. Earthquake in this slot will OHKO Heatran but generally isnt worth missing out on the other OHKOs and 2HKOs Low Kick provides.

Ice Beam with the given EVs always OHKOs max HP Landorus-T while out speeding it and Adamant Bisharp both. This spread also OHKOs 4 HP Garchomp with Ice Beam if you need to, however, most SR Chomps run Sash.
You can also use Taunt in that slot to prevent Skarmory and Heatran from getting hazards up or Fire Blast if Ferrothorn is still giving you issues.
Focus Sash ensures you get your own hazards up in the face of other offensive hazard leads Tyranitar won't beat 1v1 like Garchomp, Terrakion and Excadrill, therefore pressuring your opponent to Defog for you if you two end up exchanging hazards as a result.
Rock STAB is still an option on this set if you're desperate to check Charizard and opposing Talonflame but I would not recommend it.

Speaking of Taunt, putting it on Gliscor somewhere (probably over Substitute) is also an option if you elect not to do so with Tyranitar as an extra measure to prevent early hazards while also easing the matchup against stall even more. It's really a great move for it.

Next, now that Aegislash is banned, Flamethrower > Overheat on Manectric is becoming a better option as it still OHKOs standard Ferrothorn and Bisharp just fine and doesn't leave you as helpless set up fodder afterward while also having more accuracy, so consider that option too if you aren't desperate to OHKO Excadrill (you aren't really, you have Gliscor).

And finally this is more of a nitpick if anything but how is Rest on Gothitelle working for you? It seemed a bit strange over more coverage and you did not really make mention of it in your RMT, however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Not much else I have to add here, great team!

Last edited:
yo i used that goth set a lot myself but im not sure it works that great on this team considering you arent really keldeo weak since you have amoongus. Its nice to beat thundurus 1v1 in a pinch but there isnt really too much of a reason to not use specs if you arent weak to breloom, keldeo or infernape, which you arent. Now if you go specs you can choose either modest and max spec att and run a little less speed, or keeping timid with specs and using 212 speed evs to outrun adamant breloom. Running modest also lets you run a little more hp i think, which can help if sandstorm is up and you need to take 3 stosses after a rest to trap chansey or if you need to beat a weak scalding pokemon or something of the like. 168 speed EVs and a modest nature lets you outspeed 4 speed suicune so dont go lower than that at the very least.

I disagree with full special bulk on amoongus you should go a little bit mixed like 252/84/176+ at least but thats ok. Really solid team I like the ditto/goth core a lot haha

Hi fren. About mentioned mons the only one able to give me serious problems is Greninja, since my only mon that can take one of its moves is Amoonguss and the only one that can take it off is Mega Manectric. Considering the obvious weakness, when I see Greninja on preview I usually lead with Amoonguss in order to sleep so I can let Manectric have more chance to switch-in, mega evolve and take it off in subsequent turns. Mega Scizor isn't a threat, Intimidate Manectric + Gothi help me preventing its sweep. Char Y was never a problem, I got my ways to beat it. Usually I send Ttar on Fire Blast and once I set sandstorm, I switch in Ditto on Focus Blast so I can abuse of its Roost in the switchout.. also I can kill it with Mane. Azumarill/Mawile never gave me problems... DrumAzu is taken off by Ditto and Mawile by Ditto and Gliscor. CM Clefable is trapped and tricked by Gothi so I don't think it can make me several damages. Mega Venu is trapped or at least is ppstalled by Amoonguss+Gliscor.

I completely annihilated this team with my tailwind Megardevoir team. I didn't even lose a single mon. I have no idea how you got to number one with this team.
It's impossible that u challed me, i stopped to lad since weeks and i use this team just for tournaments. The only explanation is that you encountered some italian that was using my team. mink1
gratz champ ecc...

__

ItoI6 / T3aFalGa3 / Darkerones / crazy_man

Thx for the tips, i'll try them and i'll let you know

Rest is useful to win the 1vs1 with chansey after trick

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)