XY UU Teh Glass Cannon

Ayyyeeeeeeeeee, 4th RMT I think and I'm usually an OU player but I've recently been trying out the lower tiers and I like them alot more just because it's something new. OU is really boring and repetitive so I started playing things like UU/NU/LU alot more and I enjoy it more. Usually, I play on PO but this time, because my friend made a challenge and said how it's harder to ladder on Showdown, I started playing on Showdown and yeah, and since stuff here is alot different then PO, I decided to post and see if I can get some help on my team because 1: I'm not too familiar with the UU meta on here and 2: making it better never hurts. :D

Well here's the team at a glance:

and if you couldn't infer by the title, my Mega for the team is Absol, and I chose it because I don't see it alot at all in PO and I've yet to come across someone here who I've faced to have a Mega Absol. So far, I've only seen Mega Banette, Amphy, Blastoise and Aggron, but that's probably because I just started the ladder and am low on it. Also, my previous RMT's were of teams that were anti meta and stupid lol, but I posted those on purpose because they did me well and got me decent peaks imo, but I went with more of a balanced approach with this team

Now let's get into it!

The mega I wanted to showcase/use was Mega Absol, so I built the team around that. It has Magic Bounce when mega evolved and it's soooo useful, not to mention it has great speed, STAB Sucker Punch and Knock Off, Base 150 Attack stat when Mega Evolved and Base 115 Speed when mega Evolved, making it my clear choice of a mega.

Next came Crobat because it covers ALL of Absol's weaknesses, which is Bug, Fighting and Fairy, and can hit all of them back with STAB moves super-effectively. I initially opted for both Nido's with the LO set, but then stuck with this because I needed a ground immunity on the team. Not only that, it forms a nice U-Turn core with Victini. It also learns Defog, which is needed and useful so my mons don't get worn down as much.

Next came the defensive core, which consists of Mew and Florges. Mew can setup rocks, status and be an annoying shit and that's why I love it so much. I considered Blissey at first as my special wall, but the fairy coverage was something I felt like I needed for those dragon types, which otherwise I'd have no switches for them. This thing completely walls Hydreigon and Noivern, which I've seen alot lately.

Okay, why this thing is UU? IDK BUT FFS THIS THING HITS LIKE A TRUCK ON STEIROIDS. Ik it lost viability because of Gen 6 mons, but omg, this thing is brutal. I can just switch in on something it checks, click V-Create, and BOOOOOM, and watch something die. NOTHING can take a hit from Victini without taking a big dent, unless you're like physically defensive Victini switching in on me, then that's a different story. But OMG, this thing wallbreaks and completely destroys almost all the tier. And it's easy to predict a water switchin, so you can just Bolt Strike, but yeah. Nothing is safe against this thing.

Last came Haxorus, something else that I'm yet to see. This thing is a TRUCK. I needed a secondary win condition because honestly, Absol is sooooooooo frail, and this thing can setup on so many things believe it or not, and after +2, it's GG to most scarfers, and I can usually even get to +3 on walls, and proceed to wreck. I find myself winning games with this most of the time tbh so yeah.

So there you have it, now here's an in-depth look.

Kill me pls (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Mew, this thing is such a beast, even in OU, and I just knew I had to have it. It's function is pretty simple, setup rocks, status shit, and Knock Off when I get the chance. I used to have Defog in place of Knock Off, but then it's just complete taunt bait, and I don't want that. Also, I used to have Seismic Toss in place of Knock Off but Knock Off is just too good of a move to give up. Will-O-Wisp let's met status any physical sweeper or physical attacker lacking a Lum Berry and it cripples them, leaving them useless, unless of course they have a cleric, but yeah. SR is self explanatory, because any decent team needs entry hazards. Soft Boiled is to keep its longevity.

Yo bish (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

This thing has a pretty standard job: wish pass, heal status, and laugh in the face of dragons. But on a serious note, I'm happy I picked this over Blissey because it does so many things that Blissey can't. The EV's are to give it max health, and I gave it a bit of a physical bulk, because I don't want it to only rely on Mew for Physical switchins, so I gave it a good chunk. 80 Spec Def gives it 400 in special defense, and that's really just cuz of my OCD, but it still does its job and it does it good. Wish is obv and self explanatory. Aromatherapy to cure status. Moonblast so it's also not complete taunt-bait and to switch in on dragons. Protect is to ensure I can heal myself with Wish and to scout and see what the other person is gonna do.

Who wanna die (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt Grass Knot

Omg, I cannot describe how good this is, and pretty much everyone knows this. Everyone runs it, and that's for a good reason too: THIS THING IS BEAAAAAAAAAAST. But yeah, it's not hard to just click a move and watch something get rekt. No one has a proper switch-in to this mon because of how much offensive pressure it puts on the opponent. This is also my wallbreaker, and it sends all of any walls ever existing to go hide in a closet in fear of a nuke. I opted for Adamant over Jolly because the sheer power is just too good to pass up. Plus, I can't see myself needing Jolly for anything, but then again, I'm an OU player and might be missing out on something. V-Create is an obvious choice of a move because of how hard it hits. Bolt Strike is for those water types that won't take V-Create as hard and I can usually nab them on the switch. U-Turn is so I can form a U-Turn core with Crobat. Zen Headbutt is another stab, which I can use on Crobat, Nido, Toxicroak, etc. Grass Knot was added in place of Zen Headbutt because a resisted V-Create can already hit harder than a regular Zen Headbutt. Plus, it lets me hit Swampert and such, which would otherwise wall it. Suggestion by Sage of the 6

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Defog

I honestly forgot where I got this set from but yeah. I know it's not mine, but I like it because it does everything I need. I used to have a ScarfShao on this spot because I needed a scarfer, but Mew was just complete Taunt bait, so I opted for this instead because it has very nice synergy with Absol and it learns Defog. The speed EV's are just enough to outspeed ScarfShao and OHKO, and no one expects a Scarf Crobat (well atleast in my experience) because of how high its speed stat is already. Adamant nature was chosen because again, I don't need the extra speed. The rest of the EV's were just dumped into HP. Brave Bird can take out any bug and fighting types, which would otherwise hit Absol and KO his frail ass. Cross Poison is for Fairy types which would do the same. U-Turn is for the U-Turn core and Defog is to get rid of hazards.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I'd consider this poke the star of the show over Absol, just because I find myself winning with this usually. I already said it before, but yeah. Nonetheless, this is my Stallbreaker/Late Game Sweeper/Secondary win condition of the team. This thing has a godly attack stat and it's nothing to be scoffed at, especially when it's Adamant. I don't remember why I chose those EV's, but they're there and they work just fine so yeah. If I should change them, just lemme know. Dragon Dance is obvious, because it lets me setup and sweep late game. Dragon Claw is it's preferred choice of stab move because I cannot risk being locked into outrage in a meta full of fairies. Earthquake is the second move for coverage and to get rid of those steel types, which would otherwise just wall my D-Claw. Also, it let's me hit fairies. Thank god Togekiss isn't UU or else it'd wall me completely. Taunt is chosen as my last move because it lets me break stall and force anything like a Sableye, Mew, Alomomola, etc, basically anything that would want to status me to attack me. I also have a Lum Berry just incase it does happen, like with a Sableye, because it has prankster. Anyway, yeah, plus, I like this poke over Salamence because it also gets Mold Breaker, which Salamence doesn't get, and I'm willing to give up Moxie or Intimidate for that.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut Superpower

Last but not least, the "star" of the show. This thing is the definition of a Glass Cannon. It's just so frail, but it's also just so strong. This is one of those mons, like Haxorus, which you do NOT wanna see get boosts. At +2, once all it's checks/counters are gone, you can say GG. Even if it's resisted, no one wants to see a boosted Absol, esp coming from it's base 150 attack stat when mega evolved. Also, I love its ability Magic Bounce because it forces something like Mew or Sableye to attack me, and I could also stop any hazard setters from potentially setting up hazards again, after they've been defogged away. Even if it's resisted, a +2 knock off hurts from the switch. Anyways, the moves are pretty self explanatory. SD to gimme teh boosts to make it supah glass cannon. Sucker Punch for that priority to beat those scarfers, like ScarfTini and ScarfRachi. Knock Off is so valuable this gen and you don't wanna take a knock off from this thing. The last move is kinda interesting I guess. At first, I had Superpower in this slot, but then my friend suggested that I use Psycho Cut. I honestly rarely ever found myself using either of those moves but yeah, it's just here as a filler. I would have Play Rough but the combo between Knock Off and Play Rough isn't allowed, and I can't give up Knock Off, unless you guys have a better option for this. Psycho Cut changed to Superpower so I can hit almost everything neutrally. Suggestion by Peef Rimgar and Sage of the 6.

Well I have a 19-5 record so far, just because I'm still getting used to the meta, and 3 of those losses were from my computer shutting down on me because it's so old. I don't play on Showdown much, but I'm gonna try and go for the highest peak I can. Anyways, thanks for looking at it and replying for those who do, I'm open for all suggestions and you can try the team out and tell me if you notice anything while playing, so I left an importable below for those that want to.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Defog

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Last edited:
Hi ClocKzyy, this is a pretty solid team all around, but there are a few changes I would definitely reccomend.

First off, Mew should have defog over either Softboiled or Knock Off. One of mew's biggest selling points is being the tier's bulkiest defogger (relative bulk, Empoleon is more specially defensive), which your current team is missing out on. This would be a major + since your team is susceptible to hazards anyways, and Crobat can only switch in so many times.

Secondly, WHY ARE YOU USING SCARFED CROBAT?! I can see the appeal from a distance, but it's really just a waste a lot of times, since it naturally outspeeds most non-scarfed pokemon. I would certainly reccomend a choice band will max speed investment instead, and, if used in conjunction with my above change, Sleep Talk over Defog.

Last, Superpower over Psycho Cut on Absol. Barring Fairies (of which UU has few relevant ones), these moves used in conjunction have nearly perfect coverage, only missing neutral damage on 27 mons (not excluding OU). Psycho Cut + Dark Moves are completely walled by other dark types, making it much less effective coverage.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sup clockzyy, gonna give you a rate. My advice is going I be different from Peef Rimgar, so chose either or. Anyway now to the team.

Crobat: Scarf Crobat is actually a very strong threat in this meta game. Popularized by King UU, it checks other scarfers like Miensha, Heracross, and Infernape, allowing you to outspeed them and get the KO. There are slight moveset changes needed, though your spread is good. First off Cross Poison --> Roost, and Defog --> Sleep Talk. Cross Poison is very redundant on Brobat, since Brave Bird hits everything that across Poison hits for better damage except Fairies, which is only a 30 BP difference, not enough to warrant a moveslot. Roost may seem counterintuitive on scarf user, by Crobat pulls it off very well. In early game, roost let you trick people into believing your Sky Plate and not choiced, allowing you to get those crucial KOs on the above mentioned scarfers. Also, Bat forces so many switches tere is ample time to Roost. Secondly, Defog on a Scarfer kills your momentum even more than Roost does, so we will move defogging duties over to Mew later. Sleep Talk absorbs Spores from Amoonguss and Roserade, while letting you either heal up, kill with Brave Bird, or gain momentum with U-turn.

Victini: Just a small nitpick, Zen Headbutt --> Grass Knot. Zen Headbutt is weaker than a resisted V-create , and Grass Knot hits Swampert and Rhyperior, who otherwise wall you. Trick is viable as well to cripple walls, but more so on Choice Scarf.

Mew: you have the right idea with Mew, just some small changes needed. Specially Defensive Spread, and Will O Wisp --> Defog. Specially Defensive Mew is much more effective in this Meta, stopping powerful special attackers like Nidoking. Arguably, Mew is the best bulky Defog user (Might be Mega Aero but unimportant) and hazard control is crucial.

Florges: Fairy is better for taking physical hits, so Florges --> Aromatisse. Aromatisse has better at tanking physical hits, countering Heracross and Haxorus much better. It's ability Aroma Veil is awesome, preventing Taunt is great for a defensive Pokemon. It passes bigger wishes and has a bigger defense stat.

Absol: Peef Rimgar I believe Superpower is illegal with Knock Off, but I might be wrong, could be Play Rough is illegal. Idk, but if not I agree Psycho Cut --> Superpower. You shouldn't be setting up if there are Fairies still on the field unless they're heavily weakened so that's not a problem that Fairies wall us. Early game jut revenge kill with Sucker Punch, and wait for the time to sweep.

Haxorus: Finally, Hax can work, but Dragon Dance --> Swords Dance, Taunt --> Poison Jab. So Haxorus should be breaking walls for Absol to sweep, and this set destroys walls. Not much takes a +2 hit from Haxorus. Poison Jab hits Aromatisse and Granbull, who could stop your sweep otherwise. Taunt has use but most won't try and status Hax fearing Lum Berry, like you run.

That's all man, it's a solid team, good luck to you!

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
Hi ClocKzyy, this is a pretty solid team all around, but there are a few changes I would definitely reccomend.

First off, Mew should have defog over either Softboiled or Knock Off. One of mew's biggest selling points is being the tier's bulkiest defogger (relative bulk, Empoleon is more specially defensive), which your current team is missing out on. This would be a major + since your team is susceptible to hazards anyways, and Crobat can only switch in so many times.

Secondly, WHY ARE YOU USING SCARFED CROBAT?! I can see the appeal from a distance, but it's really just a waste a lot of times, since it naturally outspeeds most non-scarfed pokemon. I would certainly reccomend a choice band will max speed investment instead, and, if used in conjunction with my above change, Sleep Talk over Defog.

Last, Superpower over Psycho Cut on Absol. Barring Fairies (of which UU has few relevant ones), these moves used in conjunction have nearly perfect coverage, only missing neutral damage on 27 mons (not excluding OU). Psycho Cut + Dark Moves are completely walled by other dark types, making it much less effective coverage.
Sup clockzyy, gonna give you a rate. My advice is going I be different from Peef Rimgar, so chose either or. Anyway now to the team.

Crobat: Scarf Crobat is actually a very strong threat in this meta game. Popularized by King UU, it checks other scarfers like Miensha, Heracross, and Infernape, allowing you to outspeed them and get the KO. There are slight moveset changes needed, though your spread is good. First off Cross Poison --> Roost, and Defog --> Sleep Talk. Cross Poison is very redundant on Brobat, since Brave Bird hits everything that across Poison hits for better damage except Fairies, which is only a 30 BP difference, not enough to warrant a moveslot. Roost may seem counterintuitive on scarf user, by Crobat pulls it off very well. In early game, roost let you trick people into believing your Sky Plate and not choiced, allowing you to get those crucial KOs on the above mentioned scarfers. Also, Bat forces so many switches tere is ample time to Roost. Secondly, Defog on a Scarfer kills your momentum even more than Roost does, so we will move defogging duties over to Mew later. Sleep Talk absorbs Spores from Amoonguss and Roserade, while letting you either heal up, kill with Brave Bird, or gain momentum with U-turn.

Victini: Just a small nitpick, Zen Headbutt --> Grass Knot. Zen Headbutt is weaker than a resisted V-create , and Grass Knot hits Swampert and Rhyperior, who otherwise wall you. Trick is viable as well to cripple walls, but more so on Choice Scarf.

Mew: you have the right idea with Mew, just some small changes needed. Specially Defensive Spread, and Will O Wisp --> Defog. Specially Defensive Mew is much more effective in this Meta, stopping powerful special attackers like Nidoking. Arguably, Mew is the best bulky Defog user (Might be Mega Aero but unimportant) and hazard control is crucial.

Florges: Fairy is better for taking physical hits, so Florges --> Aromatisse. Aromatisse has better at tanking physical hits, countering Heracross and Haxorus much better. It's ability Aroma Veil is awesome, preventing Taunt is great for a defensive Pokemon. It passes bigger wishes and has a bigger defense stat.

Absol: Peef Rimgar I believe Superpower is illegal with Knock Off, but I might be wrong, could be Play Rough is illegal. Idk, but if not I agree Psycho Cut --> Superpower. You shouldn't be setting up if there are Fairies still on the field unless they're heavily weakened so that's not a problem that Fairies wall us. Early game jut revenge kill with Sucker Punch, and wait for the time to sweep.

Haxorus: Finally, Hax can work, but Dragon Dance --> Swords Dance, Taunt --> Poison Jab. So Haxorus should be breaking walls for Absol to sweep, and this set destroys walls. Not much takes a +2 hit from Haxorus. Poison Jab hits Aromatisse and Granbull, who could stop your sweep otherwise. Taunt has use but most won't try and status Hax fearing Lum Berry, like you run.

That's all man, it's a solid team, good luck to you!

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
Thanks for both the replies and feedback. I've changed Zen Headbutt to Grass Knot on my Victini and Psycho Cut to Superpower on Absol and it works great. I'm still mixing and testing the rest of the suggestions to see what fits best. Ty again for help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)