Gen 5 BW2 Ubers Sample Teams

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Approved by Melee Mewtwo
BW2 UBERS SAMPLE TEAMS

BW2 Ubers is a rather intimidating Metagame to get into; there's not nearly the amount of guidelines and helpful threads for the tier in this Ubers subforum as there are for XY Ubers. Additionally, the BW2 Ubers ladder is dead and actual tour settings where the tier is played are uncommon. I recognize that the Metagame is hard to learn, so I've created this thread with the aforementioned factors in mind as an attempt to help newer players with an interest in BW2 Ubers learn the tier with a variety of quality teams, as opposed to stealing the same set of teams from last generation's RMT archive section. Rest assured that these teams have been playtested and designed by top players and are tried and true methods of winning in the incredibly fun fifth-generation Ubers metagame. Feel free to use them all at your own leisure.

Team Submission Guidelines

Teams will be added to this archive at my own arbitrary discretion, but rest assured that anyone is free to post a team they deem worthy in this thread. A user must present three things if they wish for their team to have a chance of getting archived: the team's name, a Pastebin of a PS! importable of the team, and a brief description of how the team plays as well as what its members do. Informing us of various accomplishments (ladder peaks, tour records, etc) the team has had is also fine. RMTs will not be accepted; I want players to post things that an aspiring BWer can't just copy from last generation's RMT subforum so that this thread maintains some originality and encourages strong players to post builds that haven't been seen much in past generations' subforums. Teams with sufficient modifications from their RMTs are totally fine, but please don't be stingy with what you post in this thread. Additionally, do not post others' teams without their express permission. Posting collaborative builds with another user/group of users is totally fine, so long as you had involvement in making the team. Finally, players are free to post as many teams as they wish in this thread, but no more than two will be added to the archive. This is to enable players to showcase multiple creative builds whilst preventing the OP from being clogged up with a single user's teams.

Keep these guidelines in mind, and happy posting!

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Teams Archived:

Drain - Problems

ALIEN (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse

HORSE (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

FISH (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

FISH (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute

INSECT (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

DICK (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

'Ladies and gentlemen i introduce to you the infamous teams which is 7-0 in tournaments, one of the best BW2 teams ever made.. Drain'

Okay so I have to write about it; A HO style team which was originally builts as a counter team for vs other known HO users which has been through alot of changes but this is my finished version which has been given out the most. Basically, you lead with Deox-s get up hazards while blocking the removal of hazards with Ghostceus which puts pressure on opposing teams to switch in. The team itself is full of stall breakers like Rey, specsKyorge and Ghostceus while its got things for HO teams also in Kingdra and Genesect, the team really keeps offensive pressure at a high as its built to pretty much have an answer for everything. It's honestly one of the most autopilot and easiest teams to use as its pretty much sacking and bringing threats in (theres obviously switch ins for most things but ye).

So many fuckin frens - Edgar

HSA (Dialga) @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 12 SpA / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Hugo (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Shadow Sneak

Problems (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jayde (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Joey (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Rapid Spin

New breed (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Well, the team is a rather "standard" Hyper Offense rain team, I started building the team around a Darkrai-Kabutops core, as they threaten each other's checks (Darkrai threatens Giratina-O, Ghosteus, Groudon, etc. While Kabutops threatens Genesect, Ho-Oh and Extremekiller), making it a lot easier to sweep with them. I'm not a big fan of Life Orb Nasty Plot Darkrai as I think Genesect being THE Scarfer makes it almost impossible to ever sweep with it so, instead of using Nasty Plot I decided to use the 4th moveslot for something that in my opinion, is very useful, Sucker Punch. I got the idea from my ol pal PROBLEMS. Although I came up with the EV spread (hehebwoi), anyways, EVs allow Darkrai to KO Life Orb Mewtwo after Stealth Rock and 1 Life Orb hit 100% of the time, which is excellent as Mewtwo is a rather common Darkrai check. Other team members are just support mons, Magic Coat Giratina-O for anti leading Deo-S as well as checking pokemon like Excadrill and Groudon, Dialga is a defensive pivot with great defensive as well offensive stats as well Stealth Rock user. Palkia is another rain abuser and it is also my Kyogre switch-in and Kyogre is my rain setter as well as my Extremekiller check, I have another version of this team where Kyogre's set is Choice Specs, it works but I prefer Defensive a lot more because that way Giratina-O isn't THAT pressured as it would need to check Extremekiller Arceus, Excadrill and Groudon if I don't use Defensive Kyogre.

Fun team to use, a few people have stolen it. :]

>insert team name here< - Steeljackal<3

Strobe (Groudon) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Cthulhu Sleeps (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- dragon tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- shadow sneak

Right This Second (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Avaritia (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Timid Nature
- lava plume
- Toxic
- taunt
- protect

Arguru (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

I Remember (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover

So this is one of my favorite BW teams to use. The build is an uncommon archetype (sun balance), featuring Scarf Palkia and Arceus-Dark as general win conditions with Giratina-O / Heatran / Tentacruel providing a defensive core and Groudon breaking conventional rain as well as giving me a Stealth Rock setter. The team plays by getting Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock up and then cleaning with Scarf Palkia versus offense and Arceus-Dark or Heatran versus stall or balance. A solid defensive backbone and ultra-reliable spinblocker complement the build and benefit the win conditions. To explain some odd spreads and EVs; Arceus-Dark's EVs enable it to outspeed non-scarf Palkia as well as setting up with ease if the opponent switches in a support Arceus-Fighting in an attempt to check it. Tentacruel's reduced speed IV makes it slower than other Tentacruels, meaning that you can always Rapid Spin after they set Toxic Spikes and always set Toxic Spikes after their Rapid Spin. Giratina-O's set lets it serve as sleep fodder whilst anti-leading Deoxys forms and Froslass and being hella durable. Fire Punch was chosen on Groudon as a way to muscle through Forretress whilst reliably breaking Gliscor's Substitutes in one hit. It also really fucks with Arceus-Grass switchins if Toxic Spikes are up. Draco Meteor was chosen on Scarf Palkia as Thunder is largely situational. This team is fun to use, and has had success in tours like UPL where Manaphy and myself used it.

Rain Balance - Sweep

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

(2-0 in URUC i guess LOL, didn't start SPL until 2014)

This team was built around Omastar+Arceus-Fighting, a very dangerous duo. Omastar can beat Ghostceus, Mewtwo, and Ho-Oh in a 1 on 1 situation while Fightceus (with significant physical defense investment) checks threats like Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Dialga, Ferrothorn and other Pokemon that threaten Oma. Specs Omastar serves as a sort of Perish Song user, as Hydro Pump hits so hard that even +1 Calm Mind Arceus with succumb to Hydro Pump after some prior damage. This team would be weak to a well-played Stall team, so I put a Stalltwo on it to Taunt and burn those teams to death. Giratina is all-out physically offensive to threaten the annoying Tentacruel and to ambush stuff with Outrage.

In general, Omastar works better with Calm Mind Arceus-Fighting, but this team couldn't fit SR on any other Pokemon (SR ferro is just awful). Once Ferrothorn gets one layer of spikes up, you have a great chance of winning since NOTHING switches into Specs Omastar in the rain barring Specially Defensive Kyogre at that point, and Giratina-O's shuffling becomes problematic as well.

Hazard Heavy Rain - Hack

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Naughty Nature
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Scald

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Rapid Spin

"Hazard heavy rain", as Blim described it after my BOTW win vs edgar, was kinda the concept that i was inclined to do something with after spamming sun offense relentlessly throughout the active BW meta. I personally love sash chomp leads as it almost perfectly dismantles the omnipresent and strong archetype that is spikes deo-a+bulky SR setter (usually dialga) due to dual chop. chomp lead in general has 0 problems both keeping momentum and getting rocks/heavy hits on opposing teams. The only problematic lead is vs darkrai but that's why I elected to have a fucking fat whale on. ogre also helps me phaze mid game special threats like cm arceus and kyurem-w to rack up hazards damage for a kabu clean. having both fat ogre+chomp lead gives me a rather nice auto win vs the half-legitimate threat of smashpass that after all exists in the meta. Another really nice thing about having sdef Kyogre is that it takes pressure off latias as my kyogre check, since latias is relatively hax prone lol. Lastly, sdef Kyogre really helps with many late BW2 variants of Palkia that dropped thunder for dtail... A rain balance not weak to palkia is relatively hard to find but with a faster latias, fat ogre and a sash dragon lead i think i manage pretty ok.

Having 2 SR neutral spikes immunes in skarm+latias ensures that i'm hopefully going to be stronger than my opponent in the war of attiron, should both have gotten their spikes up. Skarmory is especially useful with its taunt that wrecks Ferrothorn, a common enemy for any rain offense. Ghostceus serves as my obligatory spinblocker and check to Latis. It's pretty swell mon in general but i don't think i will be explaining that since it's pretty obvious arc ghost is one of the top meta threats. In the end, Kabutops is supposed to clean up a weakened team, it's probably a text book example that a team with LO tops should run spikes but I'd like to mention it anyway. The weakness of thi team is that it can be quite hard to revenge kill fast and frail threats such as Mewtwo, Darkrai and especially Latis, who despite me using Arceus-Ghost is a major threat to any team without sect/tranner/rachi imo.

Megaman - Ogasian

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- ExtremeSpeed

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Roar

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Judgment
- Recover

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This team is pretty good and it also pretty much ct's one of the most popular playstyles in Gen 5, sun offense w/ espeon or xatu. You can replace Deo-A w/ mewtwo if you want, both work fine. Roar is necessary on latios cuz arceus ghost isnt exactly the most reliable check to ekiller. It's not the best team there is but it's decent and also haha first contribution. RP Don is vicious and CM Arc Ghost wins you ladder games. The ev's on deo a outspeed neutral scarf 90's which is imo all you need the rest is thrown into attack. Scarf is scarf gene, it u-turns & does annoying shit. Darkrai is a massive bitch so play carefully w/ gene if you face one.

Mudslide - ZoroarkForever

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 12 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 184 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Payback
- Low Kick
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

This team is a balanced offensive team which has pretty good match-ups across the board, thanks to TTar. Against most teams, you want to use SpecsOgre and Latias to weaken the opposing team for an eventual Kabutops sweep late game. Arceus-Fighting is a general utility counter for a lot of threats (like Genesect, Dialga, Darkrai, Rayquaza, etc) and is great for spreading para around teams. The 12 SDef EVs make sure Fightceus will never be OHKO'd by Specs Omastar Hydro Pump at 100% HP. Dialga is the team's scarfer, secondary U-Turn sponge, and sleep absorber. Its main roles are checking for a lot of the fast and frail meta, such as Mewtwo and Darkrai, cleaning weakened teams, and revenge killing when needed. Latias is here to check Ogre/Grounds and break apart opposing cores with its powerful attacks. Generally, Latias is a key player in almost every match because it's effective against all types of teams. TTar is really the MVP of this team in so many match-ups tho. It effectively anti-leads Deo-A/S, checks Ghostceus, checks SmashPass, checks the Lati twins, and is one of the most consistent SR setters in the tier. Sand provides an extra weather to the team to help against Swift Swimmers, which can really be useful against teams like Drain and Hydro Spam. Dark STAB and chip damage from sand is really nice against Magic Sun too, where it can usually get rocks down for an easy win. SpecsOgre is the wrecking ball of the team, OHKO/2HKOing the majority of the tier. It's really nice against stall and has nice synergy with TTar, who can usually Pursuit trap some checks. I run Timid to outspeed offensive Groudon. Ogre also provides much needed rain support that allows Tops to function. Overall, this is a really solid team that has served me well. Definitely my favorite BW2 team.

Last edited:
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- ExtremeSpeed

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Roar

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Judgment
- Recover

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This team is pretty good and it also pretty much ct's one of the most popular playstyles in Gen 5, sun offense w/ espeon or xatu. You can replace Deo-A w/ mewtwo if you want, both work fine. Roar is necessary on latios cuz arceus ghost isnt exactly the most reliable check to ekiller. It's not the best team there is but it's decent and also haha first contribution. RP Don is vicious and CM Arc Ghost wins you ladder games. The ev's on deo a outspeed neutral scarf 90's which is imo all you need the rest is thrown into attack. Scarf is scarf gene, it u-turns & does annoying shit. Darkrai is a massive bitch so play carefully w/ gene if you face one. Name is megaman cuz sash exca was his set and also steel told me to put a name :O

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
ALIEN (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse

HORSE (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

FISH (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

FISH (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute

INSECT (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

DICK (Rayquaza) @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

'Ladies and gentlemen i introduce to you the infamous teams which is 7-0 in tournaments, one of the best BW2 teams ever made.. Drain'

Okay so I have to write about it; A HO style team which was originally builts as a counter team for vs other known HO users which has been through alot of changes but this is my finished version which has been given out the most. Basically, you lead with Deox-s get up hazards while blocking the removal of hazards with Ghostceus which puts pressure on opposing teams to switch in. The team itself is full of stall breakers like Rey, specsKyorge and Ghostceus while its got things for HO teams also in Kingdra and Genesect, the team really keeps offensive pressure at a high as its built to pretty much have an answer for everything. It's honestly one of the most autopilot and easiest teams to use as its pretty much sacking and bringing threats in (theres obviously switch ins for most things but ye).

Last edited:
HSA (Dialga) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 12 SpA / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Hugo (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Shadow Sneak

Problems (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jayde (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Joey (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Rapid Spin

New breed (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

So many fuckin frens

Well, the team is a rather "standard" Hyper Offense rain team, I started building the team around a Darkrai-Kabutops core, as they threaten each other's checks (Darkrai threatens Giratina-O, Ghosteus, Groudon, etc. While Kabutops threatens Genesect, Ho-Oh and Extremekiller), making it a lot easier to sweep with them. I'm not a big fan of Life Orb Nasty Plot Darkrai as I think Genesect being THE Scarfer makes it almost impossible to ever sweep with it so, instead of using Nasty Plot I decided to use the 4th moveslot for something that in my opinion, is very useful, Sucker Punch. I got the idea from my ol pal PROBLEMS. Although I came up with the EV spread (hehebwoi), anyways, EVs allow Darkrai to KO Life Orb Mewtwo after Stealth Rock and 1 Life Orb hit 100% of the time, which is excellent as Mewtwo is a rather common Darkrai check. Other team members are just support mons, Magic Coat Giratina-O for anti leading Deo-S as well as checking pokemon like Excadrill and Groudon, Dialga is a defensive pivot with great defensive as well offensive stats as well Stealth Rock user. Palkia is another rain abuser and it is also my Kyogre switch-in and Kyogre is my rain setter as well as my Extremekiller check, I have another version of this team where Kyogre's set is Choice Specs, it works but I prefer Defensive a lot more because that way Giratina-O isn't THAT pressured as it would need to check Extremekiller Arceus, Excadrill and Groudon if I don't use Defensive Kyogre.

Fun team to use, a few people have stolen it. :]

Rain balance (2-0 in URUC i guess LOL, didn't start SPL until 2014)

Importable:

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

This team was built around Omastar+Arceus-Fighting, a very dangerous duo. Omastar can beat Ghostceus, Mewtwo, and Ho-Oh in a 1 on 1 situation while Fightceus (with significant physical defense investment) checks threats like Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Dialga, Ferrothorn and other Pokemon that threaten Oma. Specs Omastar serves as a sort of Perish Song user, as Hydro Pump hits so hard that even +1 Calm Mind Arceus with succumb to Hydro Pump after some prior damage. This team would be weak to a well-played Stall team, so I put a Stalltwo on it to Taunt and burn those teams to death. Giratina is all-out physically offensive to threaten the annoying Tentacruel and to ambush stuff with Outrage.

In general, Omastar works better with Calm Mind Arceus-Fighting, but this team couldn't fit SR on any other Pokemon (SR ferro is just awful). Once Ferrothorn gets one layer of spikes up, you have a great chance of winning since NOTHING switches into Specs Omastar in the rain barring Specially Defensive Kyogre at that point, and Giratina-O's shuffling becomes problematic as well.

I'd like to see someone post a Heatran-Arceus-Grass team n_n.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Naughty Nature
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Scald

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Rapid Spin

"Hazard heavy rain", as Blim described it after my BOTW win vs edgar, was kinda the concept that i was inclined to do something with after spamming sun offense relentlessly throughout the active BW meta. I personally love sash chomp leads as it almost perfectly dismantles the omnipresent and strong archetype that is spikes deo-a+bulky SR setter (usually dialga) due to dual chop. chomp lead in general has 0 problems both keeping momentum and getting rocks/heavy hits on opposing teams. The only problematic lead is vs darkrai but that's why I elected to have a fucking fat whale on. ogre also helps me phaze mid game special threats like cm arceus and kyurem-w to rack up hazards damage for a kabu clean. having both fat ogre+chomp lead gives me a rather nice auto win vs the half-legitimate threat of smashpass that after all exists in the meta. Another really nice thing about having sdef Kyogre is that it takes pressure off latias as my kyogre check, since latias is relatively hax prone lol. Lastly, sdef Kyogre really helps with many late BW2 variants of Palkia that dropped thunder for dtail... A rain balance not weak to palkia is relatively hard to find but with a faster latias, fat ogre and a sash dragon lead i think i manage pretty ok.

Having 2 SR neutral spikes immunes in skarm+latias ensures that i'm hopefully going to be stronger than my opponent in the war of attiron, should both have gotten their spikes up. Skarmory is especially useful with its taunt that wrecks Ferrothorn, a common enemy for any rain offense. Ghostceus serves as my obligatory spinblocker and check to Latis. It's pretty swell mon in general but i don't think i will be explaining that since it's pretty obvious arc ghost is one of the top meta threats. In the end, Kabutops is supposed to clean up a weakened team, it's probably a text book example that a team with LO tops should run spikes but I'd like to mention it anyway. The weakness of thi team is that it can be quite hard to revenge kill fast and frail threats such as Mewtwo, Darkrai and especially Latis, who despite me using Arceus-Ghost is a major threat to any team without sect/tranner/rachi imo.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hydro Spam:

Omastar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Kabutops @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Low Kick

Floatzel @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Switcheroo

You know all those rain/weatherless offense teams that were running around near the end of BW2? Well this team completely flattens them with virtually no prediction required. Originally, I made this team to troll the ladder, but it ended up doing pretty well against lots of decent teams, mostly those offensively inclined. I think it's self-explanatory, basically send in Kyogre for rain, then start spamming Water attacks. You don't even need all six Pokes most of the time, some of these Pokes invariably end up as Thunder fodder. If you don't see any other weathers on the opposing team, just lead with Kyogre with start spamming, don't even bother about shutting down hazard leads, you don't even need to switch most of the time. If you see opposing weather sweepers, double switch a bit to get rain up as much as possible and force them to sack either their weather inducer or other Pokes (Abomasnow is rare and all three of the other are weak against Water). Against highly offensive teams, you can pretty much just hit Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Surf and win the game without using anything else.

The team runs into some trouble against sand/sun stall, which can be problematic. Rain stall can also be a problem, but you tend to be able to muscle past. This team does overload water counters like nothing :D. SD Ray is also a problem, so make sure you're not stuck with Surf or Low Kick or something like that when you seen Ray's going around. Pretty much all the sets are pretty standard. Scarf Palk defends against DD Ray, while Floatzel was only introduced when I found the team totally helpless against Smashpass (Floatzel revenges Dialga and Kyu-W easily). Also, Switcheroo can be fun to cripple Lugias and stuff like that.

I'm feeling kinda altruistic rn and Steel said I should post in here, so here goes. I present to you, Mudslide.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 132 SpA / 12 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 184 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Payback
- Low Kick
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

This team is a balanced offensive team which has pretty good match-ups across the board, thanks to TTar. Against most teams, you want to use SpecsOgre and Latias to weaken the opposing team for an eventual Kabutops sweep late game. Arceus-Fighting is a general utility counter for a lot of threats (like Genesect, Dialga, Darkrai, Rayquaza, etc) and is great for spreading para around teams. The 12 SDef EVs make sure Fightceus will never be OHKO'd by Specs Omastar Hydro Pump at 100% HP. Dialga is the team's scarfer, secondary U-Turn sponge, and sleep absorber. Its main roles are checking for a lot of the fast and frail meta, such as Mewtwo and Darkrai, cleaning weakened teams, and revenge killing when needed. Latias is here to check Ogre/Grounds and break apart opposing cores with its powerful attacks. Generally, Latias is a key player in almost every match because it's effective against all types of teams. TTar is really the MVP of this team in so many match-ups tho. It effectively anti-leads Deo-A/S, checks Ghostceus, checks SmashPass, checks the Lati twins, and is one of the most consistent SR setters in the tier. Sand provides an extra weather to the team to help against Swift Swimmers, which can really be useful against teams like Drain and Hydro Spam. Dark STAB and chip damage from sand is really nice against Magic Sun too, where it can usually get rocks down for an easy win. SpecsOgre is the wrecking ball of the team, OHKO/2HKOing the majority of the tier. It's really nice against stall and has nice synergy with TTar, who can usually Pursuit trap some checks. I run Timid to outspeed offensive Groudon. Ogre also provides much needed rain support that allows Tops to function. Overall, this is a really solid team that has served me well. Definitely my favorite BW2 team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)