XY OU Dekappatated-Successors

Status
Not open for further replies.
v2

Hello all! The creator of Dekappatated is back, for another RMT.

I wanted a screens team. Screens has a lot going for it: offensive pressure, the ability to run setup sweepers out the ass, and lots of free turns generated by that offensive pressure which is easily taken advantage of with a ton of setup moves. So with all these advantages in mind, i decided to make a screens HO. First, you obviously need a setter. The setter I chose was:

Latios! Latios has access to screens and memento, allowing it to generate a lot of free turns. it also is normally a VERY offensively minded mon, so the offensive pressure generated allows it to make a screen, which allows it to make another screen, and then, when the time is just right, memento to allow a free turn for a setup sweeper to kill shit. Now, when I was building this team, I wanted to use massive bulk in addition with screens and memento. What did I choose?

Mega Tyranitar! 100/150/120 bulk with sand and screens is downright ridiculous. This often allows for 2 Dragon Dances which can EASILY end a game with its coverage and power, and newfound speed. As if this monster wasn't enough, there's a whole team to worry about. So naturally, I had to add another sweeper. This sweeper has GREAT synergy with Mega Tyranitar. Who is this, you ask?

Excadrill! Excadrill was a great late game cleaner and provided spin support. Base 135 attack with an adamant nature is hilariously powerful, even without a boosting item. The fact you have to worry about a Mega Tyranitar under screens is enough to make any offensive team crumble, but the fact that there is an Excadrill to worry about too is just the recipe for paranoia. I still had 3 slots left, so I might as well cover the bare necessities for a team.

Terrakion! With the recent Aegislash ban, its SR set is really effective because of the unrivaled coverage. In order to break teams open and get a head start on team crushing, I decided to use Swords Dance, in a Garchomp-esque suicide lead set. Now, looking over this team, it is hard walled by Quagsire and hates most fighting types. I chose to use

Talonflame! I use Jolly SD+Liechi natural gift to rid this team of Quagsire, Rotom-W, and most bulky waters. It also kills Thundurus with its speed, which is a pain in the ass for any offense team. While I don't advise the use of this set on any other team, it fits in really well on this team due to the abundance of setup sweepers. Now, I have 1 slot left, so I used something that could utterly crush any team not prepared for it

Azumarill! I chose a Belly Drum set to weaken the counters of this teams sweepers and potentially sweep itself. It has jaw dropping power BEFORE a Belly Drum, it's just plain ridiculous after a Belly Drum. It also has a great typing that allows it to switch in and out of things, at the potential cost of the Sitrus Berry.

Now I have walked you through the process. Now lets get into what matters- the sets.

bop (Latios) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Draco Meteor
I chose Latios as my screen setter due to the ridiculous amount of free turns it provides with screens, offensive pressure, and memento. EVs are for max bulk and speed, and Draco Meteor keeps it from being taunt bait. It should be noted you can set up screens but don't have to memento right away-you can do it as long as Latios is alive. Now, onto Tyranitar!

bop (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Mega Tyranitar has coverage, power, bulk, and the ability to gain more power and speed through the additional bulk of screens and the free turn provided by memento. It is a really reliable win condition due to these reasons. Jolly nature is obligatory so you don't get outsped by Greninja after a Dragon Dance. This things bulk is ridiculous.

bop (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Excadrill is a huge 1-2 punch with Tyranitar. It generates offensive pressure to the point where it just crushes most offense teams with this pressure alone. Rapid Spin allows it to let Talonflame come in without worries of rocks. It is a great late-game cleaner to clean up after my team has disintegrated a team to ashes. Air Balloon allows it to switch into opposing Excadrill with prediction.

bop (Talonflame) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift
Now you may be wondering why I have liechi and natural gift. Well, any team with a big amount of setup sweepers is gonna need a way to deal with Quagsire. The natural gift allows me to also beat rotom-w, who is also a huge pain in the ass for this team. It also is immune to burns, which as this team is all physical attackers, is a great service. It also beats thundurus with jolly swords dance, which is a huge pain in the ass for any offensive team.

bop (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
Azumarill is mainly here to weaken teams for Excadrill+Tyranitar+Talonflame, though it is perfectly capable of sweeping a team by itself. Superpower allows it to lure Ferrothorn who otherwise walls Tyranitar. Max speed is so I can beat most other Azumarills. Everything else is self explanatory.

bop (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
Terrakion breaks open initial holes for this team to exploit and sets rocks, which every competitive team needs to have. The perfect neutral coverage between CC and Stone Edge allows it to be really efficient at busting open holes for this team to exploit. There isn't much else to say other than it's a Bisharp check.

IMPORTS

bop (Latios) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Memento
- Draco Meteor

bop (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

bop (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

bop (Talonflame) @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift

bop (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

bop (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge​

Last edited:

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey this is looking like a pretty cool screens team. While Swords Dance on Terrakion sounds good on paper, I think you would prefer Taunt in practice most of the time as it allows you to keep Stealth Rocks off of your own field until Talonflame can have its run. Swords Dance isn't even necessary to wear down defensive teams as Taunt prevents Pokemon such as Skarmory from recovering while allowing you to also put some lasting damage on Quagsire. If you want to run maximum Speed on Azumarill, I would advise a Jolly nature as not every Mega Venusaur/Rotom-W is EV'd to outspeed Jolly Azumarill while pretty much all of them outspeed Adamant. This allows you to either put some heavy damage on them before they can hurt you (Defensive Venusaur) or straight up OHKO them (Offensive Venusaur/Rotom-W) before they can hurt you. This in turn, allows you to preserve your health for priority hits from the likes of Talonflame. I'd also give Talonflame slightly more Speed EVs to outspeed Raikou as after a boost, Brave Bird won't come close to OHKOing it. With Taunt on Terrakion, you can also consider dropping Rapid Spin on Excadrill for Swords Dance. This gives you an extra win condition, allows you to use Hippowdon and Gliscor as setup bait instead of just sitting there chipping away at them and means your opponents can't just waste your sand turns by switching around as easily. Talonflame looks like a Pokemon that comes out early and also faints early, so Taunt from Terrakion should make Rapid Spin fairly worthless anyway. Finally, on Mega Tyranitar, if you don't use Ice Punch too often you can try out Fire Punch to deal more damage to Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn (who isn't necessarily going to be lured by Azumarill) while hitting Pokemon such as Air Balloon Excadrill. Garchomp and Hippowdon really look like they have no place against your team anyway, as they will probably either be weakened by Talonflame or get set up on by Excadrill, so Ice Punch seems like a lesser option to me. More interestingly, you can try using Substitute over Ice Punch, giving you a buffer against weaker attacks such as Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, Gliscor's Earthquake and anything Mew tries to do, allowing you to set up in face of both their attacks and potential status. Substitute actually looks really appealing on your team as Rotom-W looks incredibly annoying, so giving you another set-up sweeper not crippled by Will-O-Wisp seems like a good option here. In this case, I would definitely consider running Fire Punch over Earthquake as the Pokemon covered by Earthquake only need to be weakened slightly for Stone Edge to make short work of you while the likes of Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor can waste your screen turns quite easily.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Fire Punch (if sub)
- Substitute / Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread. Your sets lack detailed descriptions which help team raters understand how the team was built and what it can be improved on. Please PM me once you think you can update your descriptions to the 3 lines minimum standard, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)