Parliament of Parchment

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hey Andrew , just want to say your art is incredibly amazing ! I wish I had the talent like yours ._.

Anywho, is it possible you take requests for youtube channel art ? Hopefully it isn't too much to ask for :)
yes

Hi Andrew, your art is amazing. I really like the style and every new piece seems to grow upon the last one. I was wondering if you could draw me a Mega Gengar that I could use as an avatar, would really appreciate it

I'd also like to apologize for any long, rambling, incoherent posts I've made over the past year, most specifically last in March...;~;
I won't make excuses, just to say I am/will do better thinking positively - and this thread is for art ffs :D
(i guess i just want to apologize to anyone who actually read that crap, (which is deleted now thank god so don't go looking for it!)

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Everything you draw is so unique and cleanly made. The Rain in OU looks so spectacular, and the Granbull is hilarious!

Do you draw non-Pokemon? If so, do you think you could draw Aragorn getting crowned (for my avatar)?
upload_2014-7-26_22-40-39.png

If that's too complex, Gollum would also be really cool!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
ok this was a logo for the tournaments thread iirc, and I wanted to do something cool with this Sudowoodo, like add some tree silhouettes in the bground or smthing

Everything you draw is so unique and cleanly made. The Rain in OU looks so spectacular, and the Granbull is hilarious!

Do you draw non-Pokemon? If so, do you think you could draw Aragorn getting crowned (for my avatar)?

If that's too complex, Gollum would also be really cool!

the playa playa avatars and such: Issue 1 featuring cool art by Regime, Nerina, and Blue Frog

Editor's note with Vacate

Interview with Scene and SteelEdges

A Casual Guide to Tournaments by Antemortem

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oml, thanks so much! I didn't think you'd do both!

The Gandalf + Aragorn drawing really shows your artistic direction without swaying from the original scene. As always, everything is very clean and smooth. The crown is fantastic!

Sméagol is my favorite of the two. I like how you captured his good side in the image, as he's a really complex character, and most people only think of Gollum. You really capture the awkwardness of the character, while keeping his bulgy and cute eyes.

Thanks again!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I hope you enjoy these, I got myself into an experimental kind of stage, also working with color palettes on the last two.
Abra and Zebstrika - I was really tired and brain dead drawing these but I still wanted to do something. Zebstrika is walking hunched over, tired, but he has obligations that he has to do even though he doesn't feel like it at all...Abra is asleep next to a tree, his dream aura turns into a somewhat abstract vision, emanated by his telepathy.

Raticate and Simisear - Raticate has huge teeth..what is he doing, perhaps sniffing out some enigmatic scent? Simisear of course is always fabulous and he's relaxing, watching a bird or cloud go by, with experimental lettering in the bground

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Hey there mang :]

I see you are doing art and you got one of those badges, respectable in my opinion. Really impressed with these poses, especially Meinshao's, I can't do stuff like that. I did notice though that you got the double outline thingy here where the second outline connects your two pieces of art together. Looks pretty cool, but I saw that the lines aren't perfectly even and your probably doing them by hand. I recommend just exporting the transparent art without the extra outline and taking it into an a different program that can add outlines automatically.

A few apps I know can do this are: Pixelmator (LOL) and Inkscape. Since your on Mac (Iirc) Inkscape is a pretty weird download (it is free tho) that requires you to also download X11 but its probably worth it anyway since then you get to try out fancy vectors which are always fun. Stuff like GIMP can probably do this too, but I've never used it so yea.

Wow that was way longer then expected, nice job with the arting though! c:

also you need to clean up your art there is stuff in the bottom left corner of the monochrome art :PPPP

EDIT: inkscape can only do it in white and if the image is actually a vector

also an example:

(using pixelmator)

Last edited:

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Lol misty is ripped. Btw love the color palette on Dragonair. The line art is crisp as always, and pysduck is adorable. gg

A spot of critique: I'm getting a major "uncanny valley" vibe from Misty. I'm not sure if it was done on purpose, but while your signature noodly proportions technique works well for pokeymans, I think it's harder to get away with it when it comes to people.

My favourite piece among the recent ones is the soft-shaded Starmie. I noticed you've been pumping out requests really fast these days (which is awesome) by doing everything cel-shaded in SAI (?) but I remember a lot of your older pieces involved trying new things all the time. It would be cool to see that sort of variety again, but only if you have the time and inspiration of course.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It would warm the cockles of my heart if you could find the time to draw a dusknoir.
I would happily draw something in return if you'd like anything. :)

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
i have some stuff here:

flying scorpion :o

thanks to TheMantyke for featuring this in yesterdays Latios Facebook Giveaway:

this was for s_aman 's avatar in this interview with reyscarface for the Competitor

Collab with Arhops , he drew the lines and I painted in corelpainter X3 (now used for the logo for the childish charizards iirc :V)

mega slowwwwwbro

mega audino

and this is a picture i drew for my friend who is just like a snorlax sometimes

requests have not been forgotten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)