Smogon Superstars V - Playoffs R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Smogon Superstars V

Originally hosted by tripe, Hosted last year by undisputed , Hosted this year by FireMage

Smogon Superstars I : Won by Jibaku
Smogon Superstars II : Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Smogon Superstars III: Won by Aeroblacktyl
Smogon Superstars IV: Won by panamaxis
Smogon Superstars V : Won by ????

- Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3 - Qualifiers - Playoffs R1

Welcome to one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments in which all the participants are handpicked and then invited to join. Its been an exhaustive few hours but the roster is finally complete and I hope you enjoy all of what this tour has to offer in terms of high level battles, high level drama and massive johns. The roster was drawn up by myself with assistance and insight from Eo so any complaints can be sent directly to him.

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

Use Smogtours for all battles and make sure you save all of your replays! Announce your battles when / if you can so as many people as possible can view these excellent battles!

Top 16
1) FLCL [12-3-0]
2) Reymedy [12-3-0]
3) Ojama [11-4-0]
4) Hantsuki [11-3-1]
5) Conflict [10-5-0]
6) Dekzeh [10-5-0]
7) Bad Ass [10-5-0]
8) yan[sogeking] [10-5-0]
9) MarceloDK [10-5-0]
10) Leftiez [10-3-2]
11) Ciele [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
12) Masterclass [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
13) PDC [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]
14) Kevin Garrett [9-6-0] [0 Group Wins]
15) -Tsunami- [8-5-2] [1 Group Win]
16) Eo Ut Mortus [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]

Playoffs R3

8) yan[sogeking] (2-0) vs 5) Conflict (2-0)
14) Kevin Garrett (2-0) vs 2) Reymedy (2-0)

1) FLCL (1-1) vs 4) Hantsuki (1-1)
10) Leftiez vs (1-1) 11) Ciele (1-1)

16) Eo Ut Mortus (1-1) vs 13) PDC (1-1)
15) -Tsunami- (1-1) vs 3) Ojama (1-1)

Deadline: Wednesday 6th August - 10pm UK time.

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Added a Playoff tab to the spreadsheet - It has The entire lot of matchups completed for everyone so you can play future games when you're both ready. (Let me know which game you're playing - they're all labelled)

Deadlines are for RED Games only (latest games) and these will be in the OP, alongside deadlines.

>CLICK<

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick note :
- me and Kevin are in contact, our time zones + the short deadline + the fact that we didn't play during the week-end (when it's easier for me) are making the games a bit rough to schedule but we should be playing it in the following days.

FireMage

Disgraced
As Aegis was unbanned at the time of posting - Aegis is allowed until the Wednesday Deadline. Only the matches currently in the OP will be allowed to use Aegis.

FireMage

Disgraced
I hear Eo Ut Mortus and PDC are playing later on which is ok :]

i also hear Conflict has been on Holiday so he has until Friday 10pm UK time to play Sogeking

It also appears that some of you struggled with the small deadline - I'll re-make it so you have a week to try and get a game done - But try your hardest to get it done as soon as you can, please.

Blue deadlines are for Next Wednesday, 10pm uk time.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
beat eo 2-1 in some really ggs

lost dpp, got destroyed by abomasnow
won bw, had some nice dugtrio rain
won xy, had the lord heracross + antistall shit on my side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)