Sample Teams for Starting Doubles

Taken over from Lasagne

There are a lot of new players coming into XY, and since Doubles is obviously such an awesome tier, a lot of them are attracted here. Doubles is arguably the hardest tier to teambuild for straight away, so many newer players go to RMTs, or ask friends for teams they can use. You can't just simply slap some big threats together and use the PS recommended spreads and hope you win. You also can't use the same mindset you may have brought over from singles with Doubles. You have to think differently when teambuilding, and this can be a daunting task for players just entering the metagame. This thread aims to collect good teams contributed by the Doubles community into one place, and create a place where an unexperienced player can simply dip in and pick a team to use. Obviously some teams will be better than others, and no team is perfect, but I want this to be a good database for people to pick up a team if they are struggling to build one themselves.

If you post a team, include a description (at least a paragraph long) of how the team works and descriptions of the team members.
Sample Teams:
Memoric's

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Follow Me

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 8 SpA / 188 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

This team is built around the known Charizard-Y + Garchomp combination, one that applies a lot of offensive pressure through against the enemy in order to win. Behind them are teammates that help them set up, support them from threats, or just help out keeping up pressure. The team itself has nice synergy while having a simple way to work making it a very good starting team.

First up is Charizard-Y. Charizard is the first of the team's two main attackers, the other being Garchomp. The set itself is pretty standard as much as it goes: Heat Wave is a decently powerful move with STAB and Sun in the field, Solar Beam handles Water-types, and Protect is used for making key plays such as pivoting and the like. Fire Blast, though redundant with Heat Wave in terms of coverage, allows Charizard to hit a pokemon individually which is useful when picking off a threatening mon is needed or a Protect is predicted in order to deal more damage. Fire Blast also bypasses Wide Guard, picking off users such as Hitmontop and Aegislash for a clean KO. EVs are pretty straightforward: Max Speed, Max Special Attack, Timid = Win. Interesting to note is that Solar Power lets it take advantage of opponent's sun as with it, it becomes stronger than its Y Form.

Second is Garchomp. Garchomp is the second attacker of team, this time one with a set-up move in Swords Dance. Though setting up is generally frowned upon in a Doubles metagame, Garchomp has both the natural bulk and the teammates to make it possible. This set is mainly played as an attacker, only setting up in the right opportunities such as being with Follow Me support, threatening a switch, and so on. Swords Dance is for setting up and putting some offensive pressure and Earthquake is the STAB move that lets it apply solid damage to both opponents. Stone Edge gives it useful coverage that is also notable for smacking opposing Togekiss, and Protect for the plays. Lum Berry is used in order to cure status such as Burn or Sleep, letting Garchomp play a bit more cavalier against threats such as Amoonguss and Rotom-W. EVs are similar in Charizard's in that Max Attack, Max Speed, Jolly = Win.

Next is Togekiss. Togekiss is the team's key redirector, provider of the team's first form of Speed Control in Tailwind, and bulky member. Simply put, Togekiss' main objective is to create opportunities for teammates as much as possible. Follow Me is used to give teammates key oppurunities such as Garchomp setting up a Swords Dance, Breloom hitting a Spore, and letting a teammate get a KO cleanly. On the other hand, Tailwind is used in order to provide the team a very useful Speed advantage. This lets the team pressure faster key threats such as Terrakion, Thundurus, and Shaymin-S while also eliminating any threats of a Scarf user. Roost, while difficult to pull off, is very key in Togekiss' success but should only be used at proper times such as on something which it walls easily. Air Slash gives Togekiss an attacking option while also packing an annoying Flinch chance thanks to Serene Grace. This also gives it a somewhat unreliable way to "stun" an opponent's mon. The item, Safety Goggles, lets it take Spores without being affected while also letting it ignore Rage Powder when attacking. In addition, Safety Goggles also lets Togekiss ignore damage from weather such as Sand and Hail (lol), letting it redirect damage without the annoying chip damage from the said weathers. The stat spread give it as much Special bulk as possible, which is great paired with its good physically defensive typing.

After is Breloom. Breloom is chosen because of its ability to cover Charizard, to check things with Spore, and to check Sand. Breloom serves as the team's check to opposing weather setters such as Politoed and Tyranitar. It also serves as the only Pokemon with a Priority attack in the team which at times can be key. Spore is the main selling point as with it we can put problematic Pokemon out of commission for a time, which makes it dangerous and fun under Tailwind conditions. Bullet Seed hits hard from Breloom and hits Rotom-W for the main duo. Mach Punch snipes Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Kangaskhan and is a good move to have when I need a finisher. Again, Protect is there for the plays. With its Focus Sash, Breloom can serve as an emergency check for anything as long as it's intact. The EVs and Nature are for maximum damage output.

The fifth member of the team is Thundurus. It's chosen for his fast Prankster Taunts to stop Pokemon from setting up with moves such as Trick Room, Tailwind, etc., and check faster Pokemon such as Keldeo, Latios, and Shaymin-Sky with Prankster Thunder Wave. The ability to check Flying-types and Rain is also notable and is well noted. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power [Ice] have great coverage together so they are used as the attacking moves of the set, hitting Politoed, Talonflame, and Landorus-T. The spread is Arcticblast's as posted on the Thundurus thread, and supposedly lives a Modest Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast while outspeeding all Mega Tyranitar. Sitrus Berry gives it a burst of vitality which is useful for staying longer in the field after taking hits.

The last member is Scrafty. Scrafty brings the team very significant support in Fake Out and Intimidate, with Knock Off being the icing in the cake. Scrafty works as a bulky Pivot that can switch in on most attacks while annoying the opponent with both Intimidate and Fake Out. The moves are fairly straightforward; Fake Out is to disrupt the opponent, Drain Punch is STAB and gives the nifty perk of recovery on an Assault Vest, Knock Off is STAB that can remove items such as Sitrus Berry and Choice Scarf and hits Cresselia for super effective damage, and Ice Punch is to hit Ice-weak Pokemon such as Salamence and Landorus-T hard. Assault Vest is gives it really useful bulk which helps it in spreading around disruption. In particular, the spread lives a Life Orb Secret Sword from Keldeo and 2 Heat Wave from Mega Charizard Y.

Electrolyte's
- Just Another Team
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Fire Blast

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 1 Spd
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 132 SAtk / 252 HP / 48 Spe / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect

This team is simple to use and great for introducing newer players into the Doubles metagame because it showcases a lot of common Doubles threats and works well with many different playstyles. The Focus Sash use allows people to makes mistakes, it allows people to play recklessly, and also rewards for a more careful playstyle as well.

Terrakion provides Speed, power, and spread for the team. Close Combat smashes Mega Kang, Dark-types, and Steel-types that give Mega Gengar trouble. Rock Slide hits Flying-types and Fire-types (specifically, Charizard Y) for a lot of damage. Terrakion can handle a lot of the tier's threats quickly and reliably. Quick Guard helps protect the team against priority, which is annoying. With Focus Sash, it helps check Hyper Offense and any sort of strategy that depends on boosting their offensive capability (be it HO, Tailwind, TR, etc) It also makes Terrakion a reliable panic button to take down threats when necessary. Synergy-wise, Terrakion tackles Steel-, Rock-, and Ice-types and checks / counters Fire-types such as Heatran, Char Y, Char X, and Talonflame. Quick Guard is extremely useful because many members of the team (especially Mega Gengar) appreciate not having to worry about being hit first. It socks Mega Kangaskhan too, which is awesome because fuck that thing.

Salamence brings multiple things to the table that Latios does not. First is Intimidate- with Mega Gengar's Will-O-Wisp, it can very quickly neuter physical attackers. The second is Salamence's powerful Fire Blast, which is perfect for roasting Steel-types that the team occasionally has trouble with. Salamence also has Tailwind and a very powerful Draco Meteor, letting it hit hard and set up for the team. Its resistance to Water- and Fire-type attacks makes it the designated offensive Rain and Sun counter on the team. Whenever I need something to take a physical hit, I usually throw in Salamence as long as the predicted move isn't going to hit super effectively, because Intimidate helps even if I predict wrong and the opponent targets my other Pokemon. With Fire Blast, Salamence nabs some crucial KOs, especially against unsuspecting Steel-types like Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. Draco hits everything hard in general, making Salamence a great hit and run attacker.

Gengar is offensive glue. It traps and kills / weakens things that I need removed, and then disappears just as quickly. Gengar and Amoonguss easily leap in to trap and kill Fairy-types, which the rest of the team struggles against. Once its job is done, Terrakion and Salamence can easily spam their STAB attacks. With Will-O-Wisp, Gengar traps and cripples a lot of physical attackers too. It's a great anti-lead, punishing for Fake Out very efficiently. It works against Trick Room, too, as Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball hurt Fairy / Ghost / Psychic types a lot. Gengar also revenge kills a lot of things. 252 Timid lets it ouspeed max Speed Shaymin-S and everything below it, checking things like Lati@s and Greninja comfortably. Unfortunately, it's weaker than it looks, so it usually requires either Bisharp or Terrakion to finish off kills that it itself can't complete. However, its main job is to trap and kill Fairy-types, deter Trick Room, and cripple whatever physical attackers it can, and it does that job very well.

Bisharp finishes off the offensive part of the team. It works superbly with Mega Gengar with its Sucker Punch priority, which helps it check Landorus-T which like to switch in. Its Sucker Punch is crucial for the team, as it and Amoonguss help counter Trick Room should it be set up. Bisharp works well with Terrakion and Salamence too, providing a Flying spam check, an immunity to Psychic, and a resistance to Dark and Ghost. Knock Off and Iron Head are obligatory STAB attack that both hit very hard. Iron Head nails Rock-, Ice-, and Fairy-types, so Bisharp works well in countering things like Sylveon or Tyranitar whenever Mega Gengar can't redirect its attention. Bisharp's Defiant makes it a major asset against Intimidate spam teams, and by deterring Landorus-T it makes Terrakion's job a lot easier. Bisharp is in fact extremely anti meta, so I slapped a Focus Sash on it too to help it survive attacks and hit back both with a strong STAB attack and then again next turn with a Sucker Punch before it goes down. Knock Off is great for countering Trick Room.

Amoonguss provides the team with quintessential support. Rage Powder is one of the best moves in the metagame, and helps keep my frail (Mega Gengar) and Focus Sashed Pokemon alive for a much longer amount of time. By the time the opponent gets through Amoonguss, Intimidate, burns, AND two Focus Sash users, they're already weakened enough to be cleaned up. I chose Amoonguss instead of Togekiss because Spore is not only useful for countering Trick Room but also for making openings for setting up. The EVs jack up its special bulk so it can shrug off attacks that Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp cannot weaken. Amoonguss's Grass-type Giga Drain is also extremely clutch, otherwise Ground-types that could get past Rotom-W would have their way with the team. Amoonguss helps neuter Rain, or at least sit there long enough until the Rain goes away. Honestly you could probably use Togekiss here instead, but I like the Spore support. The EV spread was suggested by KyleCole. I added 1 Speed IV so that Amoonguss would outpace the other base 30 Speed Trick Roomers outside of Trick Room, and be almost as fast inside of it (I'm not one to meddle with Speed ties, so I decided why not better them outside of TR?)

Rotom-W is the designated Water-type for the team. It's my best counter to Heatran and Talonflame, two Fire-types that would spell major trouble for the rest of the team. Hydro Pump is great, and really powerful, hitting almost every non resistant opponent for a 2HKO. Electroweb is the last offensive move on the set for Speed control, since Will-O-Wisp is already there and TWave would clash with WoW and Spore. Electroweb is nice because it's the only other spread attack on the team and makes Rotom-W great at providing offensive support. Things like Zard Y lose if they switch into Electroweb because Rotom-W can outspeed next turn and OHKO. Electroweb also lets Mega Gengar outspeed things like Venusaur in Sun and Ludicolo / Kingdra in Rain!! Rotom-W is just so useful because a lot of teams are susceptible to it. It works well with Bisharp to punish active Landorus-T's, and provides powerful type coverage for the other sweepers. Electroweb is also extremely useful in aiding Mega Gengar and Bisharp, both of which become able to cover an entirely new Speed tier after the support. Plus, it provides bulk, another immunity to Ground-, and all of the benefits of the typical bulky Water-type. The EV spread is tailored exactly to what I need Rotom-W to do. It has enough speed to outspeed 252+ base 100 Speed Pokemon after they get hit by Electroweb, letting Rotom-W check Mega Zard Y, Salamence, Mega Kang, and much more. The SpA EVs let Rotom-W always KO Mega Zard Y with an Electroweb + Thunderbolt combination. HP is then maximized and the rest of the IVs + nature went into SpD. This set always survives Solarbeam and outspeeds and KOs Zard Y with Electroweb + TBolt combination, letting Rotom-W always win 1 v 1 (unless hax.) It also lets rotom outspeed 252 Adamant base 70 Speeds (Breloom, Bisharp) and OHKO 4 HP Landorus-T / Talonflame.

Just a note: this is a laddering team, and is not that suitable for tournament play. It emphasizes counters to Trick Room more than to weather effects (though it has enough of the latter). The former is rarely seen in tournament play; this, Pokemon like Amoonguss would better be replaced by Togekiss or something with better type synergy. The team will give you an accurate view of what Doubles is like and secure a high spot on the ladder, but it won't work as well in tournaments.

Lolk's

Ferrothorn (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

The original goal of this team was to offer Mega Charizard Y plenty of Speed Control so it could sweep with Heat Wave. However, through practice, Ferrothorn proved to be the center of attention. Alone it walls a gigantic portion of the metagame, and with all of its partners removing its counters, it is typically the MVP.

The current Ferrothorn spread allows it to KO standard Rotom-W, who is a major pain to this team (Lum lets it take a Will-O-Wisp first). Thunder Wave allows it to support its partners (who are all generally slow without it) while punishing any of the annoying Fire-types that always switch into it. It doesn't need Gyro Ball to counter Sylveon and Gardevoir, and its teammates can manipulate a paralyzed Togekiss pretty easily. Leech Seed deals consistent damage and recovery, and it lets Ferrothorn easily stall out Trick Room, which can get annoying otherwise. Ferrothorn also completely donks Rain/Sand teams, making it easier for Mega Charizard Y to deal damage.

Mega Charizard Y is an attention whore that is ridiculously prepared for in this meta. However, it takes out the Grass-types that Ferrothorn can't touch and if enough opposing Pokemon do get paralyzed/Tailwind gets up, it can deal a lot of damage with Heat Wave. It's also nice to to have a weather neutralizer, now that weather dependent teams are getting popular again. I have Focus Blast>Overheat because I like multiple ways to hit Heatran, who scares Ferrothorn.

Latios is bae. It completely destroys Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr that scare Ferrothorn and this team otherwise, hits everything like a truck with Life Orb Draco Meteor, and offers Tailwind support (so I can outspeed T-Wave immune stuff). Pretty standard set; Latios is on practically every team I make lol.

Rotom-W is my main Heatran/Talonflame counter, supporting Ferrothorn even further. It also offers more Thunder Wave support and offers nice chip damage with its STAB attacks. Another standard supporting Pokemon.

Mamoswine is the safety net for this team. It generally only comes out later game when I mess up and find myself being swept by stupid stuff, as it can take any hit with Focus Sash and respond with a STAB Earthquake. I also use Mamoswine because I need a foolproof way to take out Shaymin-S and Thundurus which are the biggest butts in the Doubles metagame .Rock Slide has cool coverage and it is fun to hit Flying-type switch-ins. Jolly is to outspeed Jolly Breloom's Mach Punch; I know I could shift some Speed EVs into bulk still, but I never got around to it.

Scrafty offers the general Doubles utility, with Intimidate and Fake Out support. Intimidate is da bes because I don't have any Will-O-Wisp users, as I don't want to conflict with Thunder Wave. Be careful, this team is semi-weak to other Assault Vest Scrafty lol, so typically I take care of it by switching my Scrafty in after and always keeping the advantage with my Intimidate. With Assault Vest, I can counter hipster stuff like HP Fire Latios that would otherwise take this team by surprise. Knock Off and Drain Punch are two cool moves to have support the team (and itself) excellently. I like Stone Edge because I really hate Thundurus.

Nollan's (2)

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 184 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 16 HP / 248 Atk / 124 Def / 12 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Everyone's favorite pony makes an appearance. This is more or less the standard Keldeo set, tho I opted to sacrifice some power for some bulk (as well as a LO number HP stat).

Needless to say Keldeo is amazing in the current metagame, hitting Kangaskhan, Heatran, Landorus-T, Rotom-H, Bisharp, and countless others for OHKOs thanks to its handy LO.

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-H + Keldeo is a favorite core of mine, as the two have excellent synergy (it also turns out they work well with Hydraslash too). Rotom-H helps counter Grass-types and Flying-types (specifically Talonburd) for Keldeo, while Keldeo returns the favor as a counter to Rock-types and a switch in to bulky Waters. Ofc this core struggles against rain and Rotom-W, and this is where Hydreigon comes in.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Originally a Specs set, I swapped to LO in order to better work around Hyper Voice spam. LO Draco Meteor does a chunk to anything (very notably Rotom-W). Earth Power hits Heatran for the OHKO (baring Shuca Berry), and Dark Pulse is great for clearing out Ghost-types for my Kangaskhan.

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

A nice n' bulky PuP Kangaskhan set. While this team has worked fine with Jolly Kangaskhan, I saw no big need for the speed since I have a Kangaskhan switch in (Aegi) and Keldeo to handle mirror matchups. While Protect could work here, Fake Out was too good a tool to pass up as it was extremely helpful in helping Aegislash get a Substitute up.

The spread allows Kangaskhan to take a -1 LO Terrakion CC (basically lives if Lando-T comes in; you may ask why I'd ever do that with Aegislash around, and its simply the fact that if I get to +2 I'd like to have the option of enduring CC and getting heavy damage off rather than having to sacrifice my Attack boosts then and there), while beating Jolly Breloom. It also can tank a LO Ludicolo Hydro Pump in the rain, which has a very slight chance (aka 6.3%) to OHKO a 4 HP Kangaskhan. My general point with this set is to tell everyone who runs 252 HP / 252 Atk to stop using those EVs and start running this spread (also partial credit to KyleCole for the spread ;]).

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

The king itself. Aegislash has single-handedly brought back games for me simply because if you can set up a proper endgame and get a Substitute up with it, the opposition has a lot of trouble breaking through it (it is a shield, after all). It also is a hard wall to Kangaskhan (especially w/ Drain Punch + Ice Punch sets on the rise which have more trouble touching it than the Sucker Punch sets), and completes the Hydraslash core (which is Hydreigon + Aegislash if you haven't caught on yet). The set is completely standard so there isn't much else to say about it.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Scarf Lando-T is here (just as it is everywhere). Its main function on the team is to act as a Heatran (and CharY I suppose) counter (yes I have two already but getting Heatran out of the way is essential for Substitute Aegislash which is why I am going to such measures to beat it), though Rock Slides and Intimidate are always useful assets to have. I didn't really have much need for additional Dark and Fighting coverage on the team, so I just ran Stone Edge + Rock Slide as one or the other can be better depending on the situation I am in.

Level 51's

Fairy 'Nuff (Togekiss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Protect

re(pulse)ive (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Mole Theory (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Checkm80 (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

FortreeBraveBirds (Talonflame) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Psilocybin (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

This was one of my better teams for the year, and it nabbed me literally my only win in the Doubles Major (which you can see in the Replays section down at the bottom of the In-Depth tab) and also let TalkTakesTime go 33-4 on the ladder! While this team is heavily modelled after R Inanimate's heavy-hitter + redirection style (hence the name!), it was actually loosely based on DrFidget's VGC '12 Ft. Wayne team (I highly recommend reading this, it's a pretty cool team). When I say loosely based on, I mean that it has since been heavily modified beyond recognition, but it was that team that reinforced an earlier idea I had had to use Blastoise.

Originally a Crobat in the aforementioned team, I found Togekiss to be one of the best possible Pokemon to place alongside Blastoise. Not only could it Tailwind to allow Blastoise to outrun most of the metagame and Water Spout its way through everything, but it could also sit alongside Blastoise and use Follow Me as it was doing so. In short, I found Togekiss to be almost the optimal partner for Blastoise in this format.

The legendary Fastoise. This time, I opted for a Water Spout Blastoise, favouring the sheer power it could provide for me. Therefore, I knew that I had to build the rest of the team carefully in order to support Blastoise very well, especially with the presence of such strong priority moves as Bisharp's Sucker Punch, Talonflame's Brave Bird, and Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out and Sucker Punch. I also opted for Timid Blastoise this time, believing that Water Spout really had enough power to take out big chunks of HP anyway, and reasoning that the extra speed would probably come in handy sometime (and it did, especially when Tailwind wasn't up).

To replace the Mamoswine in the original team, I brought in a Ground-type Pokemon which was just as hard-hitting and also benefitted tremendously from Tailwind. Furthermore, Mold Breaker Excadrill was also amazing at removing the pesky Rotom-Ws which got in the way of Blastoise's Water Spout fun. Excadrill is also just an all-around strongmon, even outside of Tailwind, so I like it a lot because of that *-*

Amoonguss takes the place of a Virizion from the original team to lend some help against all the Water-types that make life hard for Blastoise and Excadrill, usually forcing them out with its mere presence. Rage Powder is another great move to be spammed while sitting next to Blastoise, and my only complaint about Amoonguss thus far is that it doesn't have a lot of offensive presence on the field most of the time.

Bisharp replaced a Houndoom from the original team, and I haven't really regretted that decision since. Bisharp is another extremely good Pokemon in the current meta, especially with Intimidate flying around everywhere. Furthermore, Sucker Punch is really strong for a priority move, and helps this team get somewhere offensively without Tailwind needing to be up all the time. Bisharp also provided much-needed Dark-type coverage to bust all the bulky Psychic-types in the tier like Gothitelle and Cresselia, and also discouraged Landorus-T from coming in to ruin Blastoise's day.

Talonflame filled up a last empty slot vacated by a Cofagrigus I wasn't too keen on using and was real fun to play most of the time. Since I needed some very useful Fire STAB, I chose Overheat Talonflame to get at Ferrothorn and Scizor (especially Ferrothorn) without spiking itself to death on Iron Barbs. Brave Bird was strong as usual, and while I was sometimes disappointed at Talonflame's damage output in the absence of Life Orb or Choice Band, most of the time it was able to show its usefulness at least by setting up priority Tailwind.

Replays:
vs Space Cowboy II (1400 Elo) — Ladder Battle
vs LzrGunPewPew — Doubles Major, Round 3

srk1214's

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 172 Atk / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Helping Hand

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Perish Song
- Protect

Ludicolo (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Rain has been a rising playstyle for a while and you barely even see Sun anymore, while Sand is kinda bad. So keeping Toed's Rain up is really quite easy. This means that Ludicolo gets to be a monster most of the time. Ludicolo just does what Ludicolo does well and that's it.

But the real key to the team is Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag to remove annoying opposing mons, particularly when paired with Politoed's Perish Song. SubTect Wisp Mega Gengar can destroy so many Pokemon in this meta, it's not even funny. One of the few common mons that doesn't mind it much is Heatran, but Heatran isn't doing anything in this team matchup, since Rain just wrecks it in general.

Kyub performs great with the help of Mega Gengar because you can get it free Subs pretty easily on mons like Rotom-W and Amoonguss, while keeping the foe from bringing in things like Terrakion or Latios.

While KyuB loves getting set up, it's a shame that Fairies can kill through Sub with Hyper Voice. Jirachi helps to take on Fairies with its Iron Head, redirects unwanted attacks from whomever its partner is, and can provide much needed speed control in T-Wave.

Scarf Landoge is good on pretty much every team, but here it's particularly useful for unexpectedly getting in Mega Gengar to trap an opponent. Explosion is really nice for that same reason since you can take down weakened foes and get in Gengar for free on the other side of the field, or if it's already in, get a free Sub as you boom.

Really, as I said above the key is just using Mega Gengar well. Even the mere threat of Perish Songs from Toed can force the opp to play defensively. Against bulkier teams, like Pwnemon's famous "special," you don't even have to predict all that hard. Wins are practically formulaic. It's against HO type teams you have to be careful, particularly if Ludicolo doesn't pull its weight.

Last edited:
Sample Teams:

Nollan's

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Feint
- Protect

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 16 SDef / 56 Spd
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 72 SAtk / 120 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Mega-Lucario is the star of the show. With Mega-Kangaskhan, Heatran, and Bisharp running rampant in the tier, Mega-Lucario was an ideal pick to OHKO all of them with Close Combat. Bullet Punch was also useful as it damaged Fairy-types (particularly Togekiss and Sylveon) heavily and picked off weakened threats. Rather than the typical Swords Dance (which I dislike due to the abundance of Landorus-T in the metagame), I opted for Feint. Given the fast-paced playstyle of the team it was a nice option since it punished players attempting to stall out Tailwind with double Protects.

Togekiss is a great tool for this team, offering very appreciated Tailwind and Follow Me support. Between those two moves I could speed up and then protect my attackers from any single target attacks, allowing me to safely deal heavy damage or sweep late-game as needed. Air Slash could potentially flinch opponents, making it a useful emergency support tool as well (I never relied on it when I was in an even game or winning due to the fact it only worked 60% of the time assuming it hit). Roost allowed Togekiss to last longer by healing itself, which was really useful since it gave me more opportunities to use Follow Me and Tailwind. I had to find a good oppurtunity to pull of Roost however, and it had to heal in the face of two attackers making the task difficult. I rarely found time to use it (I usually managed to pull it off if my partner could pick up a KO, that way I only had to deal with one attack at most), but when I did, it payed off a ton.

The EVs allow Togekiss to always endure a LO boosted Iron Head from Bisharp at max health, outspeed 4 Spe Rotom-W, and hit a Sitrus number (HP divisible by 4, making Sitrus heal the maximum health possible and Sitrus activate after Super Fang), with the remaining EVs dumped into Special Defense.

Nothing spells "damage" quite like Latios. Draco Meteor deals a ton to any non-resist, as one would expect. Psyshock is there as an option for dealing respectable damage if I don't want to be crippled offensively the following turn(s). Hidden Power Ground punishes any Heatran that has enough nerve to stay in, and can catch an unsuspecting Bisharp on the switch if used properly.

Rotom-W offered useful Will-O-Wisp support, burning common threats such as Mega Kangaskhan, Bisharp, and Landorus-T. While I do pack answers to all of those already, it gives me multiple options so I don't have to keep a specific Pokemon alive to be able to deal with them. Weakening physical attackers also helped my attackers do their job easier. Rotom-W also provided an Ice-type resist (which half of the team has trouble with) and most notably hard-countered Mamoswine, which otherwise would steamroll my team if it could move first.

The EVs allow Rotom-W to tank a 252+ Charizard-Y Solarbeam from max health and OHKO 4 HP Landorus-T with Hydro Pump. Remaining EVs were put into Defense.

With Choice Band, Landorus-T tranforms from "hard hitting" to "very hard hitting". While this does cost it the speed of Choice Scarf and the defensive potential of Protect, the power it offered was very useful for this team. Earthquake was incredibly powerful with the boost, always OHKOing Heatran even if it held Shuca Berry (which no other type of Landorus-T can do), and cleanly 2HKOing 252 HP Kangaskhan-Mega. Rock Slide dealt with Flying-types, and was of course useful for its horrifying 30% flinch rate. Knock Off allowed Landorus-T to hit Ghost-types that Lucario-Mega hates hard, and deals 58% minimum to 252 / 0 Rotom-W while removing its Sitrus Berry, allowing teammates to pick it off later on. U-turn is a great move for an Intimidate mon to have, allowing it to swerve in and out quickly while dealing damage (and also getting to scout for the opponent's possible switches which is a very useful tool).

The given EVs allow Landorus-T to outspeed max speed Jolly Breloom outside of Tailwind, with Attack maxed out and remaining EVs poured into HP for some bulk.

Everyone's favorite choice to screw opposing Landorus-T over. Bisharp was very useful here as it could discourage Landorus from coming in, which Lucario-Mega appreciated a ton (and if someone had the balls to come in, Sucker Punch + Bullet Punch can easily take out all but the bulkiest Landorus-T, and bulky Lando-T is incredibly rare). Bisharp also hit Ice-types and common Trick Room setters very hard, which is awesome given those two types of Pokemon can give this team some headaches.

Plus its Shiny sprite looks amazing, which should always be the main reason to use Bisharp.

Threats to Watch Out For

Mamosw(h)ine

Just kidding this obese thing isn't scary at all, its not like it hits 5/6 of my team for super-effective damage or anything...

Realisticly there are two solid approaches to handle this jerk. Firstly, let Rotom-W do its job and kill this thing. If for some reason that becomes a problem (Amoonguss you are a jerk). Set Tailwind with Togekiss and proceed to KO it (and any potential Follow Me/Rage Powder users bar weird things like Eviolite Togetic can also be OHKOed by the right team member if neccessary) with Lucario-Mega or Bisharp. Do NOT attempt to KO it without Tailwind support unless you are positive it is not Scarfed.

Other Ice-types that can outspeed Latios & Landorus-T

Bisharp and Lucario-Mega can typically handle these, but if they both die you more or less lose the game unless they are severely weakened or Togekiss has enough HP to tank a powerful Ice-type attack (which it can either never do or needs max HP to do). Basically, if you see these in team preview, save either Bisharp or Lucario-Mega for late game, preferably whichever can handle the Ice-type in question more effectively.

Prankster Abusers
Swagger means gg (jk). Priority Thunder Wave and/or Dual Screens will hinder this team greatly. Use Landorus-T and/or Rotom-W to combat Thunder Wave since they are immune to it. Dual Screens you will just have to power through if they get up. More than anything, MAKE SURE to KO the Prankster user asap.

Trick Room (not CM Cress though it sucks)

If Trick Room gets up the opposition can do a lot of damage for 5 turns while you will general have to play clever defensive play to stall them out. Use Bisharp and Lando-T to deal heavy damage to the typical TR setters (don't do this blindly, if Porygon2 is the setter you will obv want to send in Lucario-Mega; aka send in whichever combo that KOs the TR setter most effectively). You will definitely want to KO the TR setters before TR goes up if possible.

Audiosurfer's
- You Are Invited
Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 84 SpA / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Follow the link to the RMT to see the description!

Laga's

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Feint
- Close Combat
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 132 SAtk / 124 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 16 Spd
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earth Power

Cresselia (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 168 Atk / 104 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Semi Trick Room teams are, imo, some of the best team archetypes you can find on the market due to being able to work fairly well against almost any opposing teams, including opposing trick room teams. Landorus-T and Pinsir form the offensive core meant to be used outside of TR, and have RIDICULOUS offensive synergy. Pinsir helps take care of Grass- and Fighting-types that trouble Landorus-T, and Landorus-T's EQ makes that Aegislash think twice before switching in. Also Explosion is a great Rotom-W lure, as it checks both of the mons fairly well bar Explosion ;]

The Trick Room "core" basically consists of Heatran, Rotom-W, and Conkeldurr, which form great defensive synergy and check pretty much all opposing weather teams together, so they work well outside TR too. Cresselia is the chosen TR setter as it can also pull off some LeviTran goodies with Skill Swap. I like to run Volt Switch on semi-TR due to being able to use it extremely well on turns where you either set trick room or one turn before it runs out; it sparks a lot of momentum in those situations

conk does a bunch of things (spread courtesy of help from Nollsy =])

· lives LO psyshock from latios
· survives two megazard heat waves (i think I sacrificed a 0.02 chance of 2HKOing for like 12 extra atk evs because I am a super risktaker !_!
· HP number is lowered to heal more from DPunch
· rest in atk and min spe for TR

Overall this team is legit the best Trick Room / Semi-TR team I have ever made, and it is also way better than Pwnemon's scrubby team =]

BlankZero's

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 SAtk / 176 HP / 80 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power / Hidden Power Ice

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SDef / 80 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Moonblast
- Sunny Day

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Spd / 172 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Confide

This team is actually a counter team attempt I made for the most recent minitour. It did really well in both of matches and then did phenomenally during my ladder matches. There's a ton of inherent synergy to the team and it's not super technical, making it a very good starter/pickup team. Feel free to change around the last mon though. I added Thundurus after a particularly nasty loss that could have been prevented via Taunt.

The first Core of the team is Heatran + Amoongus. These two have extremely good Defensive synergy, being able to resist each others' weaknesses easily. Amoongus draws Fire/Flying attacks in, while Heatran fears Water, Fighting, and Ground types. While neither of them are particular great at eating Earthquakes, the next core attempts to patch it up.

Cresselia + Heatran is my second Core and it's definitely a classic. Cress soaks up Fighting types and nullifies Ground types, while Heatran takes Bug types down. It used to be a bit more of. Wombocombo, but with Steel not resisting Dark/Ghost any longer, it has lost a bit of synergy. This is made up for greatly however, by the Movepool synergy of SunRoom Cress, boosting Tran's offense, whilst weakening it's water weakness.

The third Core is Amoongus + Kangaskahn. Amoongus has a super handy Rage Powder and Black Sludge/Regenerator to pull in otherwise SE Fighting type hits away from MegaKhan, letting it PuP all day long, or Return/Crunch it's opponents. The synergy goes both ways however, as a Fake Out aimed at a threat to Amoongus allows for a defensive Spore, rendering the threat temporarily out of commission.

The final Core is the ever-threatening Cresselia + Amoongus. Trick Room Spore is such a huge threat to any team lacking a dedicated strategy, and with Sleep Clause currently in flux, it is a great way to really hinder your opponent, should you find yourself in need of such a strategy. Even if Sleep Clause is reinstated, however, the ability to get off that "fast" sleep under Trick Room is super handy in its own right.

There's also more general synergy on this team, but less Core-like. Bisharp/Cress/Heatran is great as they really cover each others weaknesses, and function well in and out of Trick Room, especially when Cress eats up Fighting types and Heatran absorbs Burns aimed at Bisharp. Thundurus also resists Fighting types, while Bisharp and Heatran can take Rock/Ice attacks with no problem.

ShucaTran is something I've had interest in since VGC 2012. It easily lures in Landorus-Therian and Garchomp with HP Ice, or can really destroy Talonflame/Charizard Y with Ancient Power, while that little 10% chance of +1 to all stats is just extra icing on the cake. It also has the added bonus of being a great counter to opposing Heatran which is running rampant across the competitive scene (obviously).

Amoongus is everyone's favorite Spore abuser. It's fantastic in and against Trick Room, the current strongest Speed Control tactic, and is bulky as all crap. With Regenerator and Black Sludge recovery active, it's super easy to take a hit or two with Rage Powder, Protect, and swap out to gain back extra health. An argument could be made for Sitrus Berry to better survive MegaKhan, but I feel the constant recovery option is better on something like this as it tends to either die immediately or stick around all game.

Trick Room Cress is nothing new, but this set is something I added to the team recently. I used to run CM Cress here, and it did VERY well, regardless of what others may tell you about it, but I felt more support was needed, and I only ever ran into one situation where CM Stall actually won me a game outright. Now it runs Sun support (Sand Counter) with Helping Hand. Moonblast is still the best 1 move coverage that cress gets, and the -1 SpAtk chance is still phenomenal.

The terror is real. While losing Suckerpunch can be a detriment some games, not relying on it to hit Ghost types and slamming them with Crunch can easily win games that turn. However, Sucker Punch can be super useful when facing middling speed teams where Trick Room might not be the best option.

Bisharp is currently the most Anti-Meta Pokemon in Gen 6. Defiant, paired with STAB Priority and Fairy/TR Killing moves make it a huge threat right off the bat. The EVs are set up to outspeed min speed Rotom to avoid a Burn, while Knock Off can grab a lot of damage fairly quickly, while crippling strategies, killing off mons weak to it, etc.

Taunt/TWave is standard. Volt Switch is fun because you can just zip out of a bad situation quickly. Confide is really handy for crippling Special Attacking threats like Heatran, and giving yourself Pseudobulk on the Special side. the EVs are straight Bulk, with just enough speed to creep Klefki and Heatran. The Defensive EVs are due to having Confide.

BLOOD TOTEM's
- Monsters and Oddities
Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SAtk / 28 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

-Tsunami-'s

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 148 SDef / 108 Spd / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic

Salamence @ Draco Plate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Tailwind

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Heatran @ Charcoal
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power
- Heat Wave

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 HP / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint
- Fake Out

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Both of these teams are built upon one basic premise: slaughter the opposition with Hyper Voice from Choice Specs Sylveon. The first team provides Fake Out support for Sylveon in the form of Mega Kangaskhan and Hitmontop, making it very easy for Sylveon to decimate the opposition. I chose to run Max Speed on Sylveon to outrun as many threats as possible, so it would be easier to only need to Fake Out one target. Heatran can also be a beneficiary of this Fake Out support and can truly deal damage to the opposition. I ran AncientPower on Heatran in order to defeat annoying Pokemon such as Talonflame, which would otherwise be a larger problem for this team. Salamence provides Tailwind support, which can also help Sylveon and Heatran. Finally, Jirachi rounds out the team by providing bulk in addition to Follow Me support, which can really help Heatran as well as Sylveon; Icy Wind can also be a nice move to support the team as well. Other than Sylveon, Hitmontop is probably the most important part of this team, as it can provide a lot of support in the form of Fake Out, Wide Guard, and Intimidate, as well as the occasional Feint if necessary. Salamence is the most replaceable team member in this version, so if you want to change something, change that. Always lead with Mega Kangaskhan and Sylveon.

Mizuhime's
- Dancing in the Rain
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Encore

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SAtk / 152 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

LightningLuxray's
- The Terror of Charizard Y
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 20 Def / 32 HP
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

EVs: 168 Spd / 252 Atk / 88 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 60 SDef / 136 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Sunny Day

Pinoy Pwnage's
- Keldeo Gang or Die
Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 SDef / 228 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Substitute

Pwnemon's
- First Impressions
such fearsome (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

omg lava (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 164 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect

very duck (Cresselia) (F) @ Expert Belt
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 1 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Ground]

so disguise (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Spore

wow (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SAtk / 124 SDef / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

such exoskeleton (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

BLOOD TOTEM's (2)

Citizen Sneaks (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rapture (Tyranitar) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Pierce the Heavens (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Gambit (Shaymin-Sky) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thresher (Salamence) @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Demon (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Serious Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gengar plays an integral part to the teams success. Shadow Tag is an incredible ability that allows Gengar to trap, and remove, significant threats to the team. Excadrill, the main sweeper, is reliant on sand so the ability to trap and kill other weather setters in Politoed and Mega Charizard Y is hugely beneficial. Will-O-Wisp lets Gengar handle troublesome threats like Terrakion and Bisharp as well and shuts down Mega Kangaskhan who can be really tough to face.

I love Shuca Berry Tyranitar with Ice Beam. It is one of the best Landorus-T lures in the metagame and it effectively handle what is one of the biggest checks to Excadrill. It also beats Garchomp which is pretty handy. I went for a special bias since Tyranitar hits like a wet paper towel after Intimidate or a burn but kept Rock Slide because it's important to take down Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame.

Sand Rush Excadrill sees so little usage in XY Doubles which is a real shame because it's such a gem. Rock Slide and Earthquake have great coverage and Iron Head drops troublesome fairies. After softening up an opposing team, Excadrill can often come in and cleanup lategame providing you can maintain sand support. The rest of the team is dedicated to removing checks to Excadrill so usually it can get the job done.

Shaymin-S is a real threat. With a blazing fast speed and great Special Attack stat it can threaten a lot of frailer teams. Air Slash coupled with Serene Grace is a real nightmare to face and is very important considering the teams lack of real Trick Room checks. Seed Flare also comes in handy supporting the special attackers on the team as the chance to drop its targets Special Defense two stages can often help pick up KOs.

Salamence is not your typical choice in Smogon Doubles but it fits onto the team as it provides numerous useful resistances, Intimidate and a great special movepool. It also acts as a shaky switchin to common threats on rain, and sun teams which is handy when in a tight spot. Fire Blast is particularly useful as the team struggles to break through Steel-type Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Wide Guard Aegislash.

I often run Sylveon because I think it's one of the most devastating Special Attackers in the metagame. Choice Specs Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice hits like Mike Tyson on steroids and I love the immediate power. It also has the benefit of hitting through subs which is super handy. Moonblast breaks through Wide Guard users whilst Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran and Aegislash switchins. Psyshock is mostly filler but is somewhat useful for hitting Amoonguss hard. I run max Speed which is kinda odd but it catches Pokemon like Rotom-W totally off guard.

Arcticblast's
- That's all, folks!
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SAtk / 232 Spd
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 76 Def / 128 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Protect
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 212 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Last edited by a moderator:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I got a team to share :]

Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Follow Me

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 8 SAtk / 188 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

This team is built around the known Charizard-Y + Garchomp combination, one that applies a lot of offensive pressure through against the enemy in order to win. Behind them are teammates that help them set up, support them from threats, or just help out keeping up pressure. The team itself has nice synergy while having a simple way to work making it a very good starting team.

First up is Charizard-Y. Charizard is the first of the team's two main attackers, the other being Garchomp. The set itself is pretty standard as much as it goes: Heat Wave is a decently powerful move with STAB and Sun in the field, Solar Beam handles Water-types, and Protect is used for making key plays such as pivoting and the like. Fire Blast, though redundant with Heat Wave in terms of coverage, allows Charizard to hit a pokemon individually which is useful when picking off a threatening mon is needed or a Protect is predicted in order to deal more damage. Fire Blast also bypasses Wide Guard, picking off users such as Hitmontop and Aegislash for a clean KO. EVs are pretty straightforward: Max Speed, Max Special Attack, Timid = Win. Interesting to note is that Solar Power lets it take advantage of opponent's sun as with it, it becomes stronger than its Y Form.

Second is Garchomp. Garchomp is the second attacker of team, this time one with a set-up move in Swords Dance. Though setting up is generally frowned upon in a Doubles metagame, Garchomp has both the natural bulk and the teammates to make it possible. This set is mainly played as an attacker, only setting up in the right opportunities such as being with Follow Me support, threatening a switch, and so on. Swords Dance is for setting up and putting some offensive pressure and Earthquake is the STAB move that lets it apply solid damage to both opponents. Stone Edge gives it useful coverage that is also notable for smacking opposing Togekiss, and Protect for the plays. Lum Berry is used in order to cure status such as Burn or Sleep, letting Garchomp play a bit more cavalier against threats such as Amoonguss and Rotom-W. EVs are similar in Charizard's in that Max Attack, Max Speed, Jolly = Win.

Next is Togekiss. Togekiss is the team's key redirector, provider of the team's first form of Speed Control in Tailwind, and bulky member. Simply put, Togekiss' main objective is to create opportunities for teammates as much as possible. Follow Me is used to give teammates key oppurunities such as Garchomp setting up a Swords Dance, Breloom hitting a Spore, and letting a teammate get a KO cleanly. On the other hand, Tailwind is used in order to provide the team a very useful Speed advantage. This lets the team pressure faster key threats such as Terrakion, Thundurus, and Shaymin-S while also eliminating any threats of a Scarf user. Roost, while difficult to pull off, is very key in Togekiss' success but should only be used at proper times such as on something which it walls easily. Air Slash gives Togekiss an attacking option while also packing an annoying Flinch chance thanks to Serene Grace. This also gives it a somewhat unreliable way to "stun" an opponent's mon. The item, Safety Goggles, lets it take Spores without being affected while also letting it ignore Rage Powder when attacking. In addition, Safety Goggles also lets Togekiss ignore damage from weather such as Sand and Hail (lol), letting it redirect damage without the annoying chip damage from the said weathers. The stat spread give it as much Special bulk as possible, which is great paired with its good physically defensive typing.

After is Breloom. Breloom is chosen because of its ability to cover Charizard, to check things with Spore, and to check Sand. Breloom serves as the team's check to opposing weather setters such as Politoed and Tyranitar. It also serves as the only Pokemon with a Priority attack in the team which at times can be key. Spore is the main selling point as with it we can put problematic Pokemon out of commission for a time, which makes it dangerous and fun under Tailwind conditions. Bullet Seed hits hard from Breloom and hits Rotom-W for the main duo. Mach Punch snipes Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Kangaskhan and is a good move to have when I need a finisher. Again, Protect is there for the plays. With its Focus Sash, Breloom can serve as an emergency check for anything as long as it's intact. The EVs and Nature are for maximum damage output.

The fifth member of the team is Thundurus. It's chosen for his fast Prankster Taunts to stop Pokemon from setting up with moves such as Trick Room, Tailwind, etc., and check faster Pokemon such as Keldeo, Latios, and Shaymin-Sky with Prankster Thunder Wave. The ability to check Flying-types and Rain is also notable and is well noted. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power [Ice] have great coverage together so they are used as the attacking moves of the set, hitting Politoed, Talonflame, and Landorus-T. The spread is Arcticblast's as posted on the Thundurus thread, and supposedly lives a Modest Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast while outspeeding all Mega Tyranitar. Sitrus Berry gives it a burst of vitality which is useful for staying longer in the field after taking hits.

The last member is Scrafty. Scrafty brings the team very significant support in Fake Out and Intimidate, with Knock Off being the icing in the cake. Scrafty works as a bulky Pivot that can switch in on most attacks while annoying the opponent with both Intimidate and Fake Out. The moves are fairly straightforward; Fake Out is to disrupt the opponent, Drain Punch is STAB and gives the nifty perk of recovery on an Assault Vest, Knock Off is STAB that can remove items such as Sitrus Berry and Choice Scarf and hits Cresselia for super effective damage, and Ice Punch is to hit Ice-weak Pokemon such as Salamence and Landorus-T hard. Assault Vest is gives it really useful bulk which helps it in spreading around disruption. In particular, the spread lives a Life Orb Secret Sword from Keldeo and 2 Heat Wave from Mega Charizard Y.

I'd like to submit a team from my Meloetta and the Treblemakers RMT.

Meloetta @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Meloetta is extremely underrated Doubles threat, possessing a high base 128 Special Attack stat, while having a nice 100 / 77 / 128 bulk. I chose Psyshock over Psychic mainly because I wanted to be able to hit specially defensive Pokemon hard, notably Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir. STAB Hyper Voice is a useful spread move which deals a great amount of damage to any opponent that doesn't resist it, and I found it very effective as it could even hit through annoying Substitutes. With Landorus-T and Garchomp being commonplace in the Smogon Doubles metagame, I opted to give Meloetta HP Ice to OHKO both of those threats with a 4X super effective attack; it caught many opponents off guard as they didn't expect their Lando-T or Garchomp to go down so easily from Meloetta. Protect is an obvious staple to shield against any threatening attacks coming Meloetta's way. She acts as a bulky special attacker on this team who can potentially pull off a late-game sweep if left unchecked.

Keldeo was a great partner to Meloetta, taking care of threatening Dark-types (Tyranitar, Bisharp, Hydreigon) with his powerful STAB Secret Sword. Scald is a reliable STAB Water-type move as it had 100% accuracy with a nice 30% chance to burn and cripple the opponent. I don't like using Hydro Pump as it only has 85% accuracy and it could cost me the match if I miss the attack. Quick Guard protected Keldeo and his partner from Fake Out, priority attack moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird, and Prankster Thunder Wave, Swagger, and Taunt. Keldeo is probably my most favorite Pokemon to use; I love his dual STAB coverage, giving him the ability to hit 8 types super effectively. Keldeo allows me to OHKO Landorus-T, Tyranitar, Terrakion and even Mega-Kangaskhan; four huge threats in Smogon Doubles.

Bisharp provided me with a Psychic immunity and he absolutely decimated Trick Room teams, OHKOing common TR setters such as Reuniclus, Cofagrigus, and Aromatisse with STAB Knock Off and Iron Head. Heck, a Knock Off from LO Bisharp even has a 6.3% chance to OHKO 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia, further revealing his sheer power. Bisharp makes Intimidate and Icy Wind users pay with his Defiant ability for a free Attack boost, and it is extremely helpful in a metagame with Landorus-T and Hitmontop present on numerous teams. Knock Off displaced items of recovery such as Sitrus Berries and Leftovers, and Iron Head gave me Fairy-type coverage and a chance to flinch the opponent. STAB Sucker Punch enables him to hit Pokemon that outspeed him first, and with a Defiant Attack boost, he can sweep a team all by himself with a +1 or +2 Sucker Punch.

Heatran is basically my answer to Sun teams with his Fire immunity, walling Mega Charizard Y + Venusaur and Co. I also loved the fact he had a 4X resist against Fairy-type moves, making him the perfect switch-in when a Pixilate Hyper Voice or Moonblast was targeting Keldeo or Bisharp. STAB Heat Wave is of course a staple onto any Heatran, but I included Ancient Power to surprise Talonflame, Volcarona, and Mega Charizard Y for 4X super effective damage (plus a nice 10% chance to get a +1 boost in 5 stat categories). Earth Power is to OHKO opposing Heatran, but I gave mine 80 Speed EVs to speed creep opposing Heatran's who commonly carry 76 Speed EVs. The Shuca Berry allows Heatran to survive most Ground-type attacks, especially an opposing Earth Power form an opponent's Heatran.

Mega Venusaur is very bulky with 80 / 123 / 120 defenses, and Rain teams have a hard time taking this guy out. Against Sun teams, I have the option of not Mega Evolving Venusaur so that I can utilize his Chlorophyll ability to outspeed and spam Sleep Powder. Even still, in his Mega Evolution Thick Fat negates his Fire-type weakness and he can take a hit from Mega Charizard Y and put him to sleep after. STAB Giga Drain hits hard and increases Venusaur's survivability with HP recovery, while Sludge Bomb 2HKOs most Fairy-types with a nice change of poisoning for residual damage. Keldeo also gave Venusaur protection against Talonflame's priority Brave Bird with Quick Guard, which was very useful in the long run. Venusaur was also a good pair alongside Bisharp to stop Trick Room, putting TR setters or sweepers to Sleep while Bisharp destroys them with STAB Knock Off.

Last but not least, Zapdos! He's kind of like a bulky Thundurus, but what really set him apart was the fact he had access to Tailwind. Tailwind gave my team the speed advantage and even let me pull off multiple late-game sweeps in a number of battles. The 144 HP EVs make the HP of Zapdos hit an odd number to take minimal residual weather damage from Hail or Sand. The 108 Speed EVs enable him to outspeed the base 70 Speed tier Pokemon with a positive nature (Jolly Breloom) by a point. STAB Thunderbolt to hit Water-types and Flying-types hard, and HP Ice is the second move of choice for extra coverage against Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Salamence. Zapdos has been forgotten in the Doubles scene ever since Thundurus became the go-to Electric-type with his introduction of the 5th Generation of Pokemon; I thought it would be cool to showcase how viable and effective Zapdos can be in the XY Doubles metagame.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just Another Team

This team is simple to use and great for introducing newer players into the Doubles metagame because it showcases a lot of common Doubles threats and works well with many different playstyles. The Focus Sash use allows people to makes mistakes, it allows people to play recklessly, and also rewards for a more careful playstyle as well.

Terrakion provides Speed, power, and spread for the team. Close Combat smashes Mega Kang, Dark-types, and Steel-types that give Mega Gengar trouble. Rock Slide hits Flying-types and Fire-types (specifically, Charizard Y) for a lot of damage. Terrakion can handle a lot of the tier's threats quickly and reliably. Quick Guard helps protect the team against priority, which is annoying. With Focus Sash, it helps check Hyper Offense and any sort of strategy that depends on boosting their offensive capability (be it HO, Tailwind, TR, etc) It also makes Terrakion a reliable panic button to take down threats when necessary. Synergy-wise, Terrakion tackles Steel-, Rock-, and Ice-types and checks / counters Fire-types such as Heatran, Char Y, Char X, and Talonflame. Quick Guard is extremely useful because many members of the team (especially Mega Gengar) appreciate not having to worry about being hit first. It socks Mega Kangaskhan too, which is awesome because fuck that thing.

Salamence brings multiple things to the table that Latios does not. First is Intimidate- with Mega Gengar's Will-O-Wisp, it can very quickly neuter physical attackers. The second is Salamence's powerful Fire Blast, which is perfect for roasting Steel-types that the team occasionally has trouble with. Salamence also has Tailwind and a very powerful Draco Meteor, letting it hit hard and set up for the team. Its resistance to Water- and Fire-type attacks makes it the designated offensive Rain and Sun counter on the team. Whenever I need something to take a physical hit, I usually throw in Salamence as long as the predicted move isn't going to hit super effectively, because Intimidate helps even if I predict wrong and the opponent targets my other Pokemon. With Fire Blast, Salamence nabs some crucial KOs, especially against unsuspecting Steel-types like Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. Draco hits everything hard in general, making Salamence a great hit and run attacker.

Gengar is offensive glue. It traps and kills / weakens things that I need removed, and then disappears just as quickly. Gengar and Amoonguss easily leap in to trap and kill Fairy-types, which the rest of the team struggles against. Once its job is done, Terrakion and Salamence can easily spam their STAB attacks. With Will-O-Wisp, Gengar traps and cripples a lot of physical attackers too. It's a great anti-lead, punishing for Fake Out very efficiently. It works against Trick Room, too, as Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball hurt Fairy / Ghost / Psychic types a lot. Gengar also revenge kills a lot of things. 252 Timid lets it ouspeed max Speed Shaymin-S and everything below it, checking things like Lati@s and Greninja comfortably. Unfortunately, it's weaker than it looks, so it usually requires either Bisharp or Terrakion to finish off kills that it itself can't complete. However, its main job is to trap and kill Fairy-types, deter Trick Room, and cripple whatever physical attackers it can, and it does that job very well.

Bisharp finishes off the offensive part of the team. It works superbly with Mega Gengar with its Sucker Punch priority, which helps it check Landorus-T which like to switch in. Its Sucker Punch is crucial for the team, as it and Amoonguss help counter Trick Room should it be set up. Bisharp works well with Terrakion and Salamence too, providing a Flying spam check, an immunity to Psychic, and a resistance to Dark and Ghost. Knock Off and Iron Head are obligatory STAB attack that both hit very hard. Iron Head nails Rock-, Ice-, and Fairy-types, so Bisharp works well in countering things like Sylveon or Tyranitar whenever Mega Gengar can't redirect its attention. Bisharp's Defiant makes it a major asset against Intimidate spam teams, and by deterring Landorus-T it makes Terrakion's job a lot easier. Bisharp is in fact extremely anti meta, so I slapped a Focus Sash on it too to help it survive attacks and hit back both with a strong STAB attack and then again next turn with a Sucker Punch before it goes down. Knock Off is great for countering Trick Room.

Amoonguss provides the team with quintessential support. Rage Powder is one of the best moves in the metagame, and helps keep my frail (Mega Gengar) and Focus Sashed Pokemon alive for a much longer amount of time. By the time the opponent gets through Amoonguss, Intimidate, burns, AND two Focus Sash users, they're already weakened enough to be cleaned up. I chose Amoonguss instead of Togekiss because Spore is not only useful for countering Trick Room but also for making openings for setting up. The EVs jack up its special bulk so it can shrug off attacks that Intimidate and Will-O-Wisp cannot weaken. Amoonguss's Grass-type Giga Drain is also extremely clutch, otherwise Ground-types that could get past Rotom-W would have their way with the team. Amoonguss helps neuter Rain, or at least sit there long enough until the Rain goes away. Honestly you could probably use Togekiss here instead, but I like the Spore support. The EV spread was suggested by KyleCole. I added 1 Speed IV so that Amoonguss would outpace the other base 30 Speed Trick Roomers outside of Trick Room, and be almost as fast inside of it (I'm not one to meddle with Speed ties, so I decided why not better them outside of TR?)

Rotom-W is the designated Water-type for the team. It's my best counter to Heatran and Talonflame, two Fire-types that would spell major trouble for the rest of the team. Hydro Pump is great, and really powerful, hitting almost every non resistant opponent for a 2HKO. Electroweb is the last offensive move on the set for Speed control, since Will-O-Wisp is already there and TWave would clash with WoW and Spore. Electroweb is nice because it's the only other spread attack on the team and makes Rotom-W great at providing offensive support. Things like Zard Y lose if they switch into Electroweb because Rotom-W can outspeed next turn and OHKO. Electroweb also lets Mega Gengar outspeed things like Venusaur in Sun and Ludicolo / Kingdra in Rain!! Rotom-W is just so useful because a lot of teams are susceptible to it. It works well with Bisharp to punish active Landorus-T's, and provides powerful type coverage for the other sweepers. Electroweb is also extremely useful in aiding Mega Gengar and Bisharp, both of which become able to cover an entirely new Speed tier after the support. Plus, it provides bulk, another immunity to Ground-, and all of the benefits of the typical bulky Water-type. The EV spread is tailored exactly to what I need Rotom-W to do. It has enough speed to outspeed 252+ base 100 Speed Pokemon after they get hit by Electroweb, letting Rotom-W check Mega Zard Y, Salamence, Mega Kang, and much more. The SpA EVs let Rotom-W always KO Mega Zard Y with an Electroweb + Thunderbolt combination. HP is then maximized and the rest of the IVs + nature went into SpD. This set always survives Solarbeam and outspeeds and KOs Zard Y with Electroweb + TBolt combination, letting Rotom-W always win 1 v 1 (unless hax.) It also lets rotom outspeed 252 Adamant base 70 Speeds (Breloom, Bisharp) and OHKO 4 HP Landorus-T / Talonflame.

Just a note: this is a laddering team, and is not that suitable for tournament play. It emphasizes counters to Trick Room more than to weather effects (though it has enough of the latter). The former is rarely seen in tournament play; this, Pokemon like Amoonguss would better be replaced by Togekiss or something with better type synergy. The team will give you an accurate view of what Doubles is like and secure a high spot on the ladder, but it won't work as well in tournaments.
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Fire Blast

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

EVs: 132 SAtk / 252 HP / 48 Spe / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect

Last edited:
Where is the best TR ever made? fangame is love, fangame is life, TR is fangame

Fangame10 said:
I'm going to post my team in case anyone wishes to use it. My team is a FULL Trick Room set. Although some may view it negatively, it has gotten me to the semi-finals in the recent mini-tour. Due to the sleep clauses removal, this team is harder to use though
The Idea of this team is to use Trick room to out speed the opponent and hit them hard. Keeping the Trick room users alive and Hitmontop is an important priority of this team.
Then when Trick room is up The user should you Strong attacks to sweep through opponents.

F-117 NightHawk (Chandelure) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Trick Room

Chandelure is a glass cannon, it has high special attack but low defenses. It's main goal is to be the first pokemon out as the first turn is the most dangerous turn. It's focus sash will keep it alive for the turn it's out allowing it to set up a reliable Trick room. then next turn allowing it to cause some major damage to the opponent until it faints. Infiltrator is my preferred ability as threats like Subtran (heatran using substitute) and Klefki using screen moves can be a great nuisance. Protect is necessary for out predicting opponents who use pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan, as it's scrappy fake out is a major threat.

F-22 Raptor (Hitmontop) (M) @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Hitmontop is likely this teams most important member. It can use fake out to guaranteed Chandelure's survival. however as other pokemon use fake out like mega kangaskhan who can fake out Hitmontop, causing a taunter to use taunt on chandelure It's best to have both attack in that situation as you may not be able to use Trick room but can still cause major damage with a free attack. Intimidate is a very important ability as it helps with the survival of the TR setter and the team in general by decreasing attack by 1 stage. Close combat is already a very strong move and pairs very well with close combat. Sucker punch for coverage against Ghost types. Pairing these moves with Life Orb for extra damage helps as well. Wide gaurd is another important move as most of the team has issues with pokemon like Sylveon and Ground types.

B-52 SuperFortress (Rhyperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drill Run
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

Rhyperior is a bulky defense tank and a sweeper. Rock slide is a good move for coverage against flying, ice, and fire types with a minor chance to flinch. Drill run is an anti wide guard and general alternative to Earthqauke as EQ can kill your own pokemon. Earthquake is a no brainier as It's one if the strongest moves out there. MegaHorn is good for coverage against psychic, dark and grass types which are tough to deal with normally. Life orb for extra damage. Solid rock gives a 3/4 reduction in super effective attack damage making it excellent for taking on physical pokemon. however it lacks in sp def making it easy to ohko with water and grass moves.

AH-64 Apache (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Discharge (Replaced by Electric Terrain)
- Focus Blast

Mega-Ampharos is my favorite pokemon :), that's mostly why I use it. But it's viable and has never failed to be an excellent team member. Mega Ampharos is useful though in that it provides my team with much needed electric and dragon support. Thunderbolt is a strong move and is the strongest move it has, so use it often. Dragon pulse for STAB type coverage, it's best to use against dragon types like Garchomp and also common Ground types. Discharge is a recent move I've put on, but It can help when Paired with Rhyperior to sweep through teams lacking wide gaurd (move may be changed). Focus Blast obvious for Steel, Rock, and Normal type coverage as 2 of the biggest threats to this team are Heatran and Mega-Kangaskhan, Although this move has 70% acc. so only use when necessary. Mold breaker is helpful as it can shoot through shedninja and pokemon with volt absorb, though I would prefer it had something else

B-2 Spirit (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Echoed Voice
- Psyshock

IS SYLVEON, DESTROYER OF WORLDS. Literally nothing to say other than give it Pixelate and Choice specs and Ruin Entire teams! Hyper beam for a guaranteed OHKO against anything that doesn't resit it. Echoed voice for Setter uppers (ie: CM cressilia, stockpile Gastrodon) as after a few turns it's able to ohko the entire meta EXCLUDING HEATRAN. psyshock for coverage against annoying poison types like Mega Venusaur and amoongus. the only flaw here is that Common poison types heatran and Amoongus give this pokemon a hard time, But everyone else who dosen't use bullet punch is dead to this thing.

Predator Drone (Cresselia) @ Lum Berry
Happiness: 252
Quiet Nature
- Safe Guard
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind

Cress is my 2nd TR user and is very bulky but can maintain an offensive presence with the help of (sorry Pwne) Calm mind. Safe Guard is important to stopping Amoongus, that's literally the only reason it's here just because of Amoongus >:[. Psychic for a good move to use (although Blank recommended Moonblast but you can choose either one). Trick room Obvious. Calm mind is a controversially good move for cress. as it can set up and become an UN-killable (specially wise) Tank and sweeper. Cress's Bulk is a good reason to have it as when trick room runs out it's important to set it back up. Cress cannot be killed by any pokemon in one turn that has not set up EXCEPT for Mega-Heracross using Pin Missile. Lum also for anti Amoongus >:[

Pastebin for team: http://pastebin.com/Z8wVsG3X

That's my team if you guys wish to use it or HATE it :P.
Don't Underestimate This team though, in the right hands it can be deadly! :]

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Re posting my team :] I made some updates to it to make it more viable. also I may add some videos if you need more proof why not to put this up in sample teams :]
I'm going to post my team in case anyone wishes to use it. My team is a FULL Trick Room set. Although some may view it negatively, it has gotten me to the semi-finals in the recent mini-tour. Due to the sleep clauses removal, this team is harder to use though
The Idea of this team is to use Trick room to out speed the opponent and hit them hard. Keeping the Trick room users alive and Hitmontop is an important priority of this team.
Then when Trick room is up The user should you Strong attacks to sweep through opponents.

F-117 NightHawk (Chandelure) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Trick Room

Chandelure is a glass cannon, it has high special attack but low defenses. It's main goal is to be the first pokemon out as the first turn is the most dangerous turn. It's focus sash will keep it alive for the turn it's out allowing it to set up a reliable Trick room. then next turn allowing it to cause some major damage to the opponent until it faints. Infiltrator is my preferred ability as threats like Subtran (heatran using substitute) and Klefki using screen moves can be a great nuisance. Protect is necessary for out predicting opponents who use pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan, as it's scrappy fake out is a major threat.

F-22 Raptor (Hitmontop) (M) @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Hitmontop is likely this teams most important member. It can use fake out to guaranteed Chandelure's survival. however as other pokemon use fake out like mega kangaskhan who can fake out Hitmontop, causing a taunter to use taunt on chandelure It's best to have both attack in that situation as you may not be able to use Trick room but can still cause major damage with a free attack. Intimidate is a very important ability as it helps with the survival of the TR setter and the team in general by decreasing attack by 1 stage. Close combat is already a very strong move and pairs very well with close combat. Sucker punch for coverage against Ghost types. Pairing these moves with Life Orb for extra damage helps as well. Wide gaurd is another important move as most of the team has issues with pokemon like Sylveon and Ground types.

B-52 SuperFortress (Rhyperior) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drill Run
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Rhyperior is a bulky defense tank and a sweeper. Rock slide is a good move for coverage against flying, ice, and fire types with a minor chance to flinch. Drill run is an anti wide guard and general alternative to Earthqauke as EQ can kill your own pokemon. Earthquake is a no brainier as It's one if the strongest moves out there. Protect is great outside of Trick room for survivng otherwise Killing moves. Life orb for extra damage. Solid rock gives a 3/4 reduction in super effective attack damage making it excellent for taking on physical pokemon. however it lacks in sp def making it easy to ohko with water and grass moves.

Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Electric Terrain
- Focus Blast

Mega-Ampharos is my favorite pokemon :), that's mostly why I use it. But it's viable and has never failed to be an excellent team member. Mega Ampharos is useful though in that it provides my team with much needed electric and dragon support. Thunderbolt is a strong move and is the strongest move it has, so use it often. Dragon pulse for STAB type coverage, it's best to use against dragon types like Garchomp and also common Ground types. Electric Terrain is a unique move, it has the ability to set up a Trick room like feild that prevents all ground pokemon from sleeping, it's great for covering Amoongus and gives a boost to electric moves. Focus Blast obvious for Steel, Rock, and Normal type coverage as 2 of the biggest threats to this team are Heatran and Mega-Kangaskhan, Although this move has 70% acc. so only use when necessary. Mold breaker is helpful as it can shoot through shedninja and pokemon with volt absorb, though I would prefer it had something else

Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Echoed Voice
- Psyshock

IS SYLVEON, DESTROYER OF WORLDS. Literally nothing to say other than give it Pixelate and Choice specs and Ruin Entire teams! Hyper beam for a guaranteed OHKO against anything that doesn't resit it. Echoed voice for Setter uppers (ie: CM cressilia, stockpile Gastrodon) as after a few turns it's able to ohko the entire meta EXCLUDING HEATRAN. psyshock for coverage against annoying poison types like Mega Venusaur and amoongus. the only flaw here is that Common poison types heatran and Amoongus give this pokemon a hard time, But everyone else who dosen't use bullet punch is dead to this thing.

Predator Drone (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Happiness: 252
EVs: 128 Def / 252 HP / 128 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind

Cress is my 2nd TR user and is very bulky but can maintain an offensive presence with the help of Calm mind. Moonlight Is a great recovery move and can be used with Sylveon on the last turn of Trick room to ensure it's survival. Psychic for a good move to use (although Blank recommended Moonblast but you can choose either one). Trick room Obvious. Calm mind is a controversially good move for cress. as it can set up and become an UN-killable (specially wise) Tank and sweeper. Cress's Bulk is a good reason to have it as when trick room runs out it's important to set it back up. Cress cannot be killed by any pokemon in one turn that has not set up EXCEPT for Mega-Heracross using Pin Missile. Safety Goggles are for stopping sleep powder and spore from Threatening Grass types like Amoongus and Vivillon

Pastebin for team: http://pastebin.com/t3JgHZxQ

That's my team if you guys wish to use it or HATE it :P.
Don't Underestimate This team though, in the right hands it can be deadly! :]

1. F-117 Nighthawk (Chandelure) @ Focus Sash
    Quiet Nature
    - Heat Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick Room
    - Protect

F-15 Eagle (Hitmontop) @ Life Orb
    Brave Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Sucker Punch
    - Wide Guard
    - Fake Out

B-52 SuperFotress (Rhyperior) (M) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    - Drill Run
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect

Quiet Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Electric Terrain
    - Focus Blast

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Echoed Voice
    - Hyper Beam

Predator Drone (Cresselia) (F) @ Safety Goggles
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Trick Room
    - Moonlight

Last edited:
My current team doesn't fit into the current meta very well, and it should probably be removed. I think this team is easy to use and very effective in the current (not changing anytime soon) metagame.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

The original goal of this team was to offer Mega Charizard Y plenty of Speed Control so it could sweep with Heat Wave. However, through practice, Ferrothorn proved to be the center of attention. Alone it walls a gigantic portion of the metagame, and with all of its partners removing its counters, it is typically the MVP.

The current Ferrothorn spread allows it to KO standard Rotom-W, who is a major pain to this team (Lum lets it take a Will-O-Wisp first). Thunder Wave allows it to support its partners (who are all generally slow without it) while punishing any of the annoying Fire-types that always switch into it. It doesn't need Gyro Ball to counter Sylveon and Gardevoir, and its teammates can manipulate a paralyzed Togekiss pretty easily. Leech Seed deals consistent damage and recovery, and it lets Ferrothorn easily stall out Trick Room, which can get annoying otherwise. Ferrothorn also completely donks Rain/Sand teams, making it easier for Mega Charizard Y to deal damage.

Mega Charizard Y is an attention whore that is ridiculously prepared for in this meta. However, it takes out the Grass-types that Ferrothorn can't touch and if enough opposing Pokemon do get paralyzed/Tailwind gets up, it can deal a lot of damage with Heat Wave. It's also nice to to have a weather neutralizer, now that weather dependent teams are getting popular again. I have Focus Blast>Overheat because I like multiple ways to hit Heatran, who scares Ferrothorn.

Latios is bae. It completely destroys Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr that scare Ferrothorn and this team otherwise, hits everything like a truck with Life Orb Draco Meteor, and offers Tailwind support (so I can outspeed T-Wave immune stuff). Pretty standard set; Latios is on practically every team I make lol.

Rotom-W is my main Heatran/Talonflame counter, supporting Ferrothorn even further. It also offers more Thunder Wave support and offers nice chip damage with its STAB attacks. Another standard supporting Pokemon.

Mamoswine is the safety net for this team. It generally only comes out later game when I mess up and find myself being swept by stupid stuff, as it can take any hit with Focus Sash and respond with a STAB Earthquake. I also use Mamoswine because I need a foolproof way to take out Shaymin-S and Thundurus which are the biggest butts in the Doubles metagame .Rock Slide has cool coverage and it is fun to hit Flying-type switch-ins. Jolly is to outspeed Jolly Breloom's Mach Punch; I know I could shift some Speed EVs into bulk still, but I never got around to it.

Scrafty offers the general Doubles utility, with Intimidate and Fake Out support. Intimidate is da bes because I don't have any Will-O-Wisp users, as I don't want to conflict with Thunder Wave. Be careful, this team is semi-weak to other Assault Vest Scrafty lol, so typically I take care of it by switching my Scrafty in after and always keeping the advantage with my Intimidate. With Assault Vest, I can counter hipster stuff like HP Fire Latios that would otherwise take this team by surprise. Knock Off and Drain Punch are two cool moves to have support the team (and itself) excellently. I like Stone Edge because I really hate Thundurus.

Presenting a sample team of mine that includes the Hydraslash (maybe don't have the right name for it but it sounds cool to me :p) core, something none of the teams on the thread as of now seem to have. It is very solid and imo merits a lot more use then it is getting.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Everyone's favorite pony makes an appearance. This is more or less the standard Keldeo set, tho I opted to sacrifice some power for some bulk (as well as a LO number HP stat).

Needless to say Keldeo is amazing in the current metagame, hitting Kangaskhan, Heatran, Landorus-T, Rotom-H, Bisharp, and countless others for OHKOs thanks to its handy LO.

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-H + Keldeo is a favorite core of mine, as the two have excellent synergy (it also turns out they work well with Hydraslash too). Rotom-H helps counter Grass-types and Flying-types (specifically Talonburd) for Keldeo, while Keldeo returns the favor as a counter to Rock-types and a switch in to bulky Waters. Ofc this core struggles against rain and Rotom-W, and this is where Hydreigon comes in.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Originally a Specs set, I swapped to LO in order to better work around Hyper Voice spam. LO Draco Meteor does a chunk to anything (very notably Rotom-W). Earth Power hits Heatran for the OHKO (baring Shuca Berry), and Dark Pulse is great for clearing out Ghost-types for my Kangaskhan.

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

A nice n' bulky PuP Kangaskhan set. While this team has worked fine with Jolly Kangaskhan, I saw no big need for the speed since I have a Kangaskhan switch in (Aegi) and Keldeo to handle mirror matchups. While Protect could work here, Fake Out was too good a tool to pass up as it was extremely helpful in helping Aegislash get a Substitute up.

The spread allows Kangaskhan to take a -1 LO Terrakion CC (basically lives if Lando-T comes in; you may ask why I'd ever do that with Aegislash around, and its simply the fact that if I get to +2 I'd like to have the option of enduring CC and getting heavy damage off rather than having to sacrifice my Attack boosts then and there), while beating Jolly Breloom. It also can tank a LO Ludicolo Hydro Pump in the rain, which has a very slight chance (aka 6.3%) to OHKO a 4 HP Kangaskhan. My general point with this set is to tell everyone who runs 252 HP / 252 Atk to stop using those EVs and start running this spread (also partial credit to KyleCole for the spread ;]).

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

The king itself. Aegislash has single-handedly brought back games for me simply because if you can set up a proper endgame and get a Substitute up with it, the opposition has a lot of trouble breaking through it (it is a shield, after all). It also is a hard wall to Kangaskhan (especially w/ Drain Punch + Ice Punch sets on the rise which have more trouble touching it than the Sucker Punch sets), and completes the Hydraslash core (which is Hydreigon + Aegislash if you haven't caught on yet). The set is completely standard so there isn't much else to say about it.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Scarf Lando-T is here (just as it is everywhere). Its main function on the team is to act as a Heatran (and CharY I suppose) counter (yes I have two already but getting Heatran out of the way is essential for Substitute Aegislash which is why I am going to such measures to beat it), though Rock Slides and Intimidate are always useful assets to have. I didn't really have much need for additional Dark and Fighting coverage on the team, so I just ran Stone Edge + Rock Slide as one or the other can be better depending on the situation I am in.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Presenting a sample team of mine that includes the Hydraslash (maybe don't have the right name for it but it sounds cool to me :p) core, something none of the teams on the thread as of now seem to have. It is very solid and imo merits a lot more use then it is getting.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
Nice team!

Though honestly I would probably go Rotom-W over Rotom-H; they both handle the main targets equally well (Talonflame, Flying-types, Fire-types, etc) but Rotom-W can also help Keldeo beat bulky Water-types, which the team could definitely use more coverage against. Without Rotom-W, opposing Keldeo can easily have a field day against this team; late game, it could easily sweep, so it's best to have a Pokemon that can solidly check it. Problem with your own Keldeo is that it can't actually hit the bulky Water-types it switches into for that much damage, so it doesn't counter them as reliably as the team needs it to. You won't be worse off against Grass-types with Sub Aegislash and Hydreigon.

The team does become extremely standard after that but hey "HydreiSlash" is still cool lol

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You give the Hydreigon + Aegislash combo a name, and you don't even explain why this amazing core works well?! Shame on you

Otherwise solid team

Can't believe he didn't mention that Aegislash and Hydriegon together resist or are immune to every type in the game!

Indie Flop

Banned deucer.
I'd like to submit my team! It not only shows a person that sometimes unorthodox things can work, but how to build a team (imo) around a certain pokemon.
(I Promise it isn't a gimmick)

- Stick It to the Man-itan!
Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 124 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 200 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 172 Atk / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Helping Hand

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Perish Song
- Protect

Ludicolo (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Rain has been a rising playstyle for a while and you barely even see Sun anymore, while Sand is kinda bad. So keeping Toed's Rain up is really quite easy. This means that Ludicolo gets to be a monster most of the time. Ludicolo just does what Ludicolo does well and that's it.

But the real key to the team is Mega Gengar's Shadow Tag to remove annoying opposing mons, particularly when paired with Politoed's Perish Song. SubTect Wisp Mega Gengar can destroy so many Pokemon in this meta, it's not even funny. One of the few common mons that doesn't mind it much is Heatran, but Heatran isn't doing anything in this team matchup, since Rain just wrecks it in general.

Kyub performs great with the help of Mega Gengar because you can get it free Subs pretty easily on mons like Rotom-W and Amoonguss, while keeping the foe from bringing in things like Terrakion or Latios.

While KyuB loves getting set up, it's a shame that Fairies can kill through Sub with Hyper Voice. Jirachi helps to take on Fairies with its Iron Head, redirects unwanted attacks from whomever its partner is, and can provide much needed speed control in T-Wave.

Scarf Landoge is good on pretty much every team, but here it's particularly useful for unexpectedly getting in Mega Gengar to trap an opponent. Explosion is really nice for that same reason since you can take down weakened foes and get in Gengar for free on the other side of the field, or if it's already in, get a free Sub as you boom.

Really, as I said above the key is just using Mega Gengar well. Even the mere threat of Perish Songs from Toed can force the opp to play defensively. Against bulkier teams, like Pwnemon's famous "special," you don't even have to predict all that hard. Wins are practically formulaic. It's against HO type teams you have to be careful, particularly if Ludicolo doesn't pull its weight.

The only things I'd consider toying around with on this team is maybe creeping Landoge and maybe swapping KyuB to a physically based set. Apparently lots of people have the team already but have been using a bad version with freaking SR Jirachi, so I'm putting the right version here.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Is there one available for mega tyranitar? I didn't see one among those.
there isn't because tyranitar isn't very popular in this meta seeing as it's kind of bad :[

your best move would be mega DD / Crunch / Rock Slide / Protect with Follow Me Togekiss support

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Pinoy Pwnage, your team "keldeo gang or die" is very good. I rate it 10/10. Used it in the grand slam tie breaker playoffs and it didn't let me down against a very solid team.

The gengar team which belongs to srk1214, is also a very good team. Used it in some tour matches and really enjoyed using it.

Thank you LightningLuxray, for making this thread and to everyone who have posted their teams here.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Pinoy Pwnage, your team "keldeo gang or die" is very good. I rate it 10/10. Used it in the grand slam tie breaker playoffs and it didn't let me down against a very solid team.

The gengar team which belongs to srk1214, is also a very good team. Used it in some tour matches and really enjoyed using it.

Thank you Lightning luxray for making this thread and to everyone who have posted their teams here.
Kratos mana played my/srk's team like the incredible hulk would play a violin

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since people are commenting, I guess I'll add a little more info.

The team was built before I played papai noel for R7 of the spring seasonal. It was clear he was using the same stuff most every game and so with the help of Pwnemon I set out to build a counterteam. It worked beautifully and I won incredibly easily (sadly I can't find that replay. I think it was a 5-0 in 8 turns or something.) That counterteam originally had Keldeo over Jirachi but for protection against Fairy Spam, which was rising right about then, I swapped to Jirachi a week or two later. Somewhere in that swap though, Pwnemon never got the Rachi set I started using, so he just swapped it to a random Jirachi and his had crappy Stealth Rock...

Anyway, the original inspiration of Rain + Mega Gengar goes to Randy, who used it very well in SPL. His team was a good bit more aggressive than mine, but more or less fills the same team rolls.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-1424
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-1522
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-smogondoubles-79938
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-3439

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)