Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I was really excited about my Haxorus. Oh well, congrats to the winners!
Type: Ice -> Ice
Ability: Levitate -> Magic Guard
New Moves: None

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 30 -> 60 (+30)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 125 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Cryogonal channels its inner magical power of snowflakes to prevent passive damage (look guys I can be creative). That’s about all I really need to explain.

Competitive Concept: Spinner and special tank now with improved longevity and a fantastic ability. Once Mega Evolved, Cyrogonal is fully immune to passive damage; it serves not only as a fantastic user of Rapid Spin, but also as a status absorber. Unfortunately, Mega Cryogonal might have to suffer from one switch-in on SR before it Mega Evolves.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Cryogonal: 138-164 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Cryogonal: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Mega Cryogonal Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 436-520 (114.1 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Cryogonal Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 126-150 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Type: Bug -> Bug/Fighting
Ability: Hydration/Sticky Hold/Unburden -> Competitive
New Moves: Shadow Ball

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 70 -> 70
Def: 40 -> 60 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 140 (+40)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Spe: 145 -> 165 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Accelgor competes/fights with its enemies for water to avoid dehydration, so it gains the ability Competitive and the Fighting type. Shadow Ball is added because all special attackers (should) have it.

Competitive Concept: Competitive sweeper with solid coverage for a Bug-type. Mega Accelgor beats out the entire unboosted metagame and can hit hard with perfect neutral coverage off of base 140 SpA. Once Talonflame is removed from the game, it can sweep with a set of Bug Buzz/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Spikes. Spikes is thrown in there both to set up an easier sweep and to encourage the opponent to use Defog, but Giga Drain can be used for extra coverage.

+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 260-308 (85.5 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 408-482 (112 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Mega Accelgor Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 578-684 (82.1 - 97.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Type: Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Grounded (See OP for description)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Recover

HP: 109 -> 109
Atk: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Def: 84 -> 101 (+17)
SpA: 81 -> 131 (+50)
SpD: 99 -> 112 (+13)
Spe: 32 -> 42 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Stunfisk is known as the “Trap Pokemon,” so I deemed it flavorful for it to trap all opponents on the ground with Grounded. The Fire attacks and Recover are added because why the hell not.

Competitive Concept: Special tank with phenomenal two-move coverage and a unique typing. Mega Stunfisk achieves perfect neutral coverage with Earth Power/Flamethrower in conjunction with its ability, Grounded. Additionally, access to reliable recovery permits it to consistently heal throughout the match in addition to provide utility with its fourth moveslot. Toxic, Scald, Thunderbolt, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave are all viable options for added utility.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Mega Stunfisk: 314-372 (74.5 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stunfisk: 124-146 (29.4 - 34.6%) -- 6.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Mega Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 338-402 (111.1 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Stunfisk Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 344-408 (97.7 - 115.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless -> Reckless
New Moves: None

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 105 -> 115 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Mienshao gets all bulked up to deal heavier damage.

Competitive Concept: Risky SD sweeper capable of OHKOing the vast majority of the metagame after only one boost. HJK/Knock Off/Poison Jab provides nearly perfect neutral coverage and insane power. U-Turn is also an option, but is practically incompatible with boosting moves. If you’re not quite convinced of this thing’s viability, just look at this:

+2 252 Atk Reckless Mega Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 333-393 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 256-302 (90.4 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Reckless Mega Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

EDIT: For the love of god, please read all previous submissions before submitting your own to avoid extreme cases of redundancy

Last edited:

Ground/Electric ----> Ground/Electric

Static/Limber/Sand Veil ----> Arena Trap

109/66/84/81/99/32 ----> 109/76/114/111/119/42 (--/+10/+30/+30/+20/+10)

New Moves: Charge Beam, Nasty Plot

Stunfisk is known as the Trap Pokemon, so why not give its Mega form Arena Trap as an ability? This allows Mega Stunfisk to be a bulky trapper, allowing it to come in on Choice-locked Electric moves or other things that don’t do much and proceed to set up or knock it out. The two added moves give Stunfisk a way to boost its Special Attack, while making the most sense flavour wise.

Last edited:
Mega Cryoganol
Type: Ice
Ability: Clear Ice(decreases the damage of non SE moves by 25%)
Stats: 70/50/30/95/135/105>>>70/50/80/125/155/105
Movepool: same
Basically I made it what it was and made it as good as possible at defensive ice

Mega Mienshao
Type: Fighting
Ability: Judo(increases the recoil of the opponents move by an extra 50% of damage done if they outspeed this pokemon)
Stats: 65/125/60/95/60/105>>>65/160/110/95/60/130
Movepool: same
The purpose of this mega is to be a sweeper that your opponent won't try to revenge kill unless they don't have another way to take it down in which case you're gonna want to switch to something that can take the hit better though mienshao can now survive weak priority

Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug>>>Bug/Poison
Ability: Pure Velocity(increases the damage of this pokemon's move by 30% if it outspeeds the opponent)
Stats: 80/70/40/100/60/145>>>80/80/80/120/90/155
Movepool: +Aura Sphere
This Accelgor runs the role that the TS LO accelgor does except with higher special damage(physical is just below) and a good ability
the attack boosts are because of uturn(standard in TS atleast) and pursuit(which lets you get PV boost on switching opponents)
Aura Sphere because accelgor is a ninja
Poison because they spit poison

Cryogonal (Cryogonite)
Type: Ice -> Ice/Ghost
Abilities: Levitate -> Clear Ice
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb

Def: 30 -> 80 (+50)
SpD: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Spe: 105 -> 105
BST: 485 -> 585

Cryogonal is weird, to say the least. In terms of design, it's a pissed-off snowflake. It shares a general design of being a large floating face with Gastly. It can turn into steam and vanish if its body temperature rises, which also bears a similarity to Gastly in being made of gas and being able to turn invisible. And on top of that, they both live in dark places caves, which made me decide to give Cryogonal a Ghost typing. It's probably a bit of a stretch but there are weirder typings.

What this does for an unfortunate defensive Ice-type is grant it an immunity to Fighting and resistances to Bug and Poison. This alone isn't enough to fix Cryogonal, so it recieves the Clear Ice ability, which was initially deisgned for it anyhow and allows it to better take neutral hits. Combined with its high Special Defense and access to Recover and Rapid Spin, it excels as a wall, and it has some offensive presence as well.

Accelgor (Accelgorite)
Type: Bug -> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Hydration, Sticky Hold (Unburden) -> Specialize/Specialization (pre-existing ability, btw)
(All attacks use the Special Attack stat to deal damage)
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Psycho Cut, Sucker Punch

Def: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 130 (+30)
BST: 495 -> 595

Accelgor is based off a ninja, a sort of warrior/assassin that relies on stealth and the element of surprise. More importantly, not anyone can be a ninja - they undergo specialized training and use specialized equipment to carry out their missions. The shuriken and katana are marks of a ninja in modern fiction, and Accelgor adapts these as moves.

Competitively, Accelgor becomes a high-speed assassin, targeting opponents with powerful special attacks before they can react. Even before opposing priority, thanks to Sucker Punch. It as frail as you'd think, either, and sports resistances to Grass, Ground, Dark, and Ghost. It has access to the best (and basically the only usable) special priority backed by STAB, as well as STAB U-turn (with as much power as Scizor's) and Pursuit.

Stunfisk (Stunfiskite)
Abilities: Static, Limber (Sand Veil) -> Dry Skin
New Moves: Slack Off

Atk: 66 -> 66
Def: 84 -> 109 (+25)
SpA: 81 -> 116 (+35)
SpD: 99 -> 159 (+50)
Spe: 32 -> 22 (-10)
BST: 471 -> 571

Stunfisk lives in the water, so it really shouldn't be weak to it. Dry Skin is fitting for a Ground type and might offer an explanation as to why it's mostly found in shallow water or buried under mud.

The new ability provides a Water immunity and passive recovery under Rain, which augments its unique type with an immunity to Electric and resistances to Flying, Rock, and Steel.

Other than that, Stunfisk receives a general upgrade to its stats. It loses speed because it remains motionless underwater and covered in mud. With 109/109/159 bulk, Scald and Discharge it makes a solid wall that can spread status and be a solid wall.

Mienshao (Mienshao)
Abilities: Inner Focus, Regenerator (Reckless) -> Winter Shield
New Moves: Recover, Power Whip

Atk: 125 -> 140 (+15)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 120 (+25)
Spe: 105 -> 125 (+20)
BST: 510 -> 610

Mienshao grows fur resembling robes traditionally worn by Shaolin monks, which it is takes some inspiration from. They are known for training in cold environments, so it fits flavorwise.

Mienshao will not be able to thrive in the harsh environment of OU among the bravest of birds and various other foes with their priority bared. It undertakes training and the end result it rendering these attacks ineffective against it.

Mienshao can still be revenge killed by opponents with greater speed, and hates Mega Manectric for its Intimidate and greater speed, as well as Ghost types who may switch in on its powerful High Jump Kick and cause it to damage itself heavily.

Last edited:
Just putting these here before something similar is submitted.

Cryogonal (Cryogonite)
Type: Ice -> Ice/Ghost
Abilities: Levitate -> Clear Ice
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb

Def: 30 -> 80 (+50)
SpD: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Spe: 105 -> 105
BST: 485 -> 585

Accelgor (Accelgorite)
Abilities: Hydration, Sticky Hold (Unburden) -> Specialization (All attacks use the Special Attack stat to deal damage)
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak

Def: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 145 -> 160 (+15)

Stunfisk (Stunfiskite)
Abilities: Static, Limber (Sand Veil) -> Storm Drain

Atk: 66 -> 80 (+10)
Def: 84 -> 114 (+30)
SpA: 81 -> 101 (+20)
SpD: 99 -> 139 (+40)
Spe: 32 -> 32
BST: 471 -> 571

Mienshao (Mienshao)
Abilities: Inner Focus, Regenerator (Reckless) -> Winter Shield (Opposing priority moves have their priority reduced by 2 stages)
New Moves: Recover

Atk: 125 -> 150 (+25)
Def: 60 -> 85 (+25)
SpA: 95 -> 120 (+25)
TBH, something similar was already submitted twice over; your Storm Drain Stunfisk is virtually identical to mine (and currently has a typo for its attack stat FYI) and we both use the Winter Shield Mienshao I talked about pre-submission (and currently ups its BST by 110).

Last edited:
TBH, something similar was already submitted twice over; your Storm Drain Stunfisk is virtually identical to mine (and currently has a typo for its attack stat FYI) and we both use the Winter Shield Mienshao I talked about pre-submission (and currently ups its BST by 110).
I suppose a difference in stats (balanced vs. leaning to one side) is enough to distinguish them. Two people using the same fitting ability is bound to happen. As you said yourself that Mienshao isn't going far in a meta with Talonflame and Mega Pinsir otherwise.

I am going to change Stunfisk's ability, though.

I think I'm running on the lowest voter win rate here... I should feel ashamed, should I not?

Abilities: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Water Absorb
New Moves: Slack Off, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot

Atk: 66 -> 71 (+5)
Def: 84 -> 124 (+40)
SpA: 81 -> 126 (+45)
SpD: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Spe: 32 -> 12 (-20)

Concept: While others are giving Stunfisk more power, I want my derp fish to literally sit there and take it up the ass while striking back as hard as it can. Once again, we have a RotomW immune pokemon from me... do people like RotWash too much to let my crusade against him work?

In any case, despite having 2 boosting moves, there's no way you'll see him sweep unless you use Trick Room. In a Trick Room, you'll find there are very few slower mons, and I'm thinking of lowering it by 5 more points just to make sure.

So no, this isn't a clone of anyone else's. I don't want to brag, but I feel as though I'm gonna be the only one to drop his speed as he should lose it all!

Abilities: Hydration, Sticky Hold (Unburden) -> Swift Impact (Half of the Pokemon's total speed is added to Atk and SpAtk when dealing damage)
New Moves: Water Shuriken, Quiver Dance, Sticky Web

HP: 80
Atk: 70 -> 75 (+5)
Def: 40 -> 80 (+40)
SpA: 100
Spe: 145 -> 175 (+35)

Concept: As scary as it may sound to directly add 246 to either attack stat, keep in mind that Accelgor has shitty neutral coverage. Water Shuriken can help, as it makes priority Talonflame think twice, but if you want REAL power, your coverage is Poison/Bug/Grass, and Skarmory couldn't give a fuck how many times you Quiver Dance before blowing you out. Even Knock Off won't hit that hard despite its new STAB boost. Focus Miss is... Focus Miss, it's a huge risk to even consider using it.

Then again, a new Sticky Web setter is always welcome. Shurikens are mostly Ninja flavored and Quiver Dance is an alternative boosting move to Agility.

Type: Fighting -> Fighting/Poison
Abilities: Inner Focus, Regenerator (Reckless) -> Mind Clear (When struck by Psychic moves, takes no damage and heals 25% health)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Gunk Blast, Sludge Wave

Atk: 125 -> 150 (+25)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 95 -> 130 (+35)

Concept: Everyone's harping on priority, well here's a priority concern for you: your kung fu weasel has rabies!

I would change font size if I could, but hopefully all the text modifiers will remind you how important this is.

So... why this thing? Do you not want another Fight/Poison type to abuse? What about a Psychic immune fighter? Does that not appeal AT ALL? It also plays much differently than Toxicroak, so you needn't worry about the amphibian's thunder being stolen.

Last edited:
Just gonna submit an Accelgor I guess (haven't submitted in a while):

Typing: Bug -> Bug
Ability: Protean
New Moves: Sticky Web
80/70/40/100/60/140 -> 80/80/55/140/75/160

Concept: "Protean: of or resembling Proteus in having a varied nature or ability to assume different forms" -Merriam Webster (getting nerdy here :P)
Basically I stole the concept from greninja, who is a ninja and blends in with its surroundings to achieve the ability. Accelgor also happens to be a ninja, and apparently even uses more speed and "ninja-ness" than greninja. So there's protean.

Stays bug, because it's a bug ninja, deal with it, we're not gonna change types on every pokemon anyways, so there's that.

Gets Sticky Web now because it's a bug, it's fast, should be able to set it up easily if there were an actual pokemon battle, and let's face it; all the sticky web users now kinda suck (sash accelgor might be a thing)

I dumped a lot into special attack so that protean can actually be usable with its otherwise mediocre attacking stats. The rest was just dumped because that's what you gotta do sometimes.

At least the winning chandy is a soul reaper, not some sort of "just a hard hitting, levitating chandelier" that I see most of the time. She will kill us all.

Anyways, here is my take on Mienshao, my favorite female Fighting type pokemon. Ain't she so sexy (both literally and figuratively)?
Mega Mienshao
Type:
Fighting
Ability: Combo Artist
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 125 (+25) = 150
Def: 60 (15+) = 75
SpA: 95 (+35) = 130
SpD: 60 (+15) = 75
Spe: 105 (+10) = 115
Movepool: Psycho Cut, Power Whip, Refresh
The idea for her stat distribution comes from her optional role as a special attacker even if her special movepool is barren, she has all the moves she needs. Thepower whip is here to emphasize her arm like whips that can damage enemies from up close and afar. Refresh mostly reflects her meditative nature since her slender sexy body appeals to me as a pokemon that does yoga daily with spiritual meditation every week, ad physical training everyday.

Finding the closest balance of power during her training on the frigid mountains of Mt. Coronet, she further enhances her mental and spiritual training when she learns to unleash her inner spirit. Hence, she learns how to rid of ailments whenever her body needs it out of her system (poison, burns, etc). Through her trekking within the vast forests of the world, she mastered how to use her arm whips as powerful repellants to water, ground, and rock types that face her as if her arms obtained Celebi's blessings after aiding the legendary pokemon.

Mega Cryogonal
Typing: Ice -> Ice (Baby)
Ability: Levitate -> Winter Shield (immune to increased priority moves)
New Moves: N/A
HP: 70
Attack: 50 -> 50
Defense: 30 -> 40 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 -> 140 (+45)
Special Defense: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Speed: 105 -> 130 (+25)

When the Levitating snowflake loses its ability and hits the ground, that's a good indicator winter's coming. Sure, Mega Cryogonal still has lopsided defenses and will be KOed by just about any physical attack, but Winter Shield makes things at least wait their turn. Something like Scizor would normally switch in on Cryogonal and do as it pleased while laughing its head off, but now Mega Cryogonal can run Hidden Power Fire for a nasty surprise of 80-93% damage on 252/0 Mega Scizor without needing to get involved in any Bullet Punch/Pursuit mindgames. Compared to Mega Glaceon, it's much faster and slightly bulkier from the Special side (though that difference is nullified if Glaceon's investing in bulk and Cryogonal isn't), at the cost of some Special Attack, a ton of Defense, and coverage. Ice Beam, Freeze Dry and Hidden Power are the only damaging attacks it has to speak of, and those moves will compete with nice support options it already has like Recover, Haze, Rapid Spin, Light Screen, and Reflect.

Mega Accelgor
Typing: Bug ->Bug
Ability: Sticky Hold/Unburden (best abilities for a Mega ever)/Hydration -> Competitive
New Moves: Toxic Spikes
HP: 80
Attack: 70 -> 70
Defense: 40 -> 70 (+30)
Special Attack: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Special Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Speed: 145 -> 155 (+10)

Accelgor is a Pokemon that likes to go fast and doesn't take well to losing any races, ergo Competitive. This allows it to fill a niche on hazard-stacking teams as a Pokemon that can set up Spikes and dissuade the opponent from using Defog by threatening big damage if Competitive is activated (sorry, felt like adding Sticky Web didn't fit that well and would've been too greedy). Usually this requires switching Bisharp or Thundurus with Defiant in on Defog users; Pokemon with Competitive, such as Milotic, currently do not live up to their ability's name in the OU metagame. A nice little coincidence about Mega Accelgor's 135 base Special Attack is that with max investment, even 248 HP Talonflame is guaranteed to be OHKOed if you predict a switch-in and use Hidden Power Rock.

A good chunk of the points then go into its defenses to make setting up Spikes easier, and while the 10 points in Speed look like they were dumped in at the end, 155 base Speed allows it to either go Modest and outspeed positive-natured 130s or stay Timid and outspeed neutral-natured +1 base 100s.

EDIT: After seeing that Mega Froslass also has Competitive, I decided Accelgor needed another hazard to not be outclassed (it barely hits harder and has much worse offensive STAB, it can't Rapid Spin block, and the most relevant Pokemon between 111 and 155 base Speed is mowing Accelgor down with Brave Bird no matter what). I went with Toxic Spikes over Sticky Web because 1) Greninja gets TSpikes, and judging by the Protean submissions I'm not the only one seeing ninja similarities and 2) Sticky Web on base form Accelgor would make it too reliable a setter with Focus Sash and there are sure to be tons of crazy wallbreaking Megas that will be nearly impossible to stop if getting Sticky Web up is super easy.

Mega Stunfisk
Typing: Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Static/Limber/Sand Veil -> Fight or Flight (+1 priority against Ground and Electric types)
HP: 109
Attack: 66 -> 66
Defense: 84 -> 114 (+30)
Special Attack: 81 -> 121 (+40)
Special Defense: 99 -> 129 (+30)
Speed: 32 -> 32

As the Pokedex says, it can contort itself with unexpected speed to escape things it can't paralzye. Stunfisk needs a lot of help, so rather than using that sudden speed to flee, its Mega can be more aggressive without necessarily needing to switch out.

Bigger defenses allow it to take some hits and try to status a few things, and the ability helps it against those things it can't paralyze. Something like Balloon-less Excadrill can't just switch into Discharge because Fight or Flight means Earth Power from Mega Stunfisk is going to put a hurt on it. That goes double for Electric types; Mega Stunfisk can counter most of them quite well since even if it's worn down it can heal itself with priority RestTalk.

252+ Atk Technician Klinklang Bulldoze vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk: 204-242 (48.3 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's an excellent check to a potentially major threat, made even better by the fact that Mega Stunfisk can end Mega Klinklang with Earth Power regardless of how many Shift Gear boosts it's gotten.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
That and I don't think you can change the effects of existing abilities.

Ice -> Ice/Water
Ability: Frozen Grip (Traps types that Ice or Water is super-effective on, in addition to Water-types)

HP: 70 (+0) -> 70
Atk: 50 (+10) -> 60
Def: 30 (+50) -> 80
SpA: 95 (+25) -> 120
SpD: 130 (+0) -> 130
Spe: 105 (+15) -> 120

Movepool Additions: Soak, Hydro Pump

So this is a direction I took that I think no one else did, and I thought of it when reading Cryo's Bulbapedia entry, where it states that "[Cryogonal] captures its prey with chains of ice, freezing them at -148° F". I could immediately imagine myself as a little Totodile, strolling happily down along a riverbank, when suddenly this hexagonal crystalline ice monster floats out of nowhere, traps me in its icy chains and freezes me, chilling my bones until I faint. Okay, it might not be that extreme, but it really was just begging for a trapping ability. Neither existing one fit, so I made my own. This lets it do what it really wants to: use Rapid Spin. It can come in on a supporter or weak special attacker that it can trap and spin freely, and then eliminate it with an Ice Beam or Freeze-Dry if it's Water-type. Since a lot of Stealth Rockers are Rock/Ground type, the ability to trap and kill them and thus not have to spin many times in one game is very useful. So now we know Mega Cryogonal can spin effectively, what would prevent it from doing its job? Two things, mainly offensive pressure and Ghost-types. Cryogonal has pretty good coverage, being able to hit 7 types with super effective damage with its STABs thanks to Freeze Dry, but what if something like Scarf Keldeo comes in and threatens you out? I suggest pairing Mega Cryogonal with one or two physical walls, as it can take many special hits but is lacking in physical bulk. And feel free to use something like PhysDef Moltres as one of your walls now that Mega Cryogonal can reliably get rid of rocks for you. Ghost-types can be hit on the switch with a Soak or a strong STAB attack, in order to cripple them so they want to switch out - or, if they stay in when you soak them, you can spin on them. Soak also works well with Freeze-Dry, since it can Soak things like Ferrothorn on the switch and hit it with a super-effective Freeze Dry. It's mostly a gimmick, but it can cause a lot of switch and give Cryogonal many chances to spin freely, so I think it's worth trying out. I should also mention that many popular defoggers and spinners like Latios and Excadrill are trapped and easily killed, so Mega Cryogonal can really play an important role in hazard control. Speaking of which...

Bug -> Bug/Poison
Ability: Oblivious

HP: 80 (+0) -> 80
Atk: 70 (+0) -> 70
Def: 40 (+45) -> 85
SpA: 100 (+20) -> 120
SpD: 60 (+25) -> 85
Spe: 145 (+10) -> 155

Movepool Additions: Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web

Accelgor has become the ultimate hazard-stacking lead. The main things support leads have to look out for is Taunt, but Accelgor don't give a fuck: with Oblivious, he completely ignores Taunt and sets up hazards in your face. His previously blistering speed has been upped 10 more points to a monstrous 155, and combined with his newly improved bulk he is almost sure to get at least two hazards up. Make sure you utilize team preview to set up the most important hazards first. If the other team has many Poison- and Steel- types, don't worry so much Toxic Spikes and focus on getting Spikes and Web up. If the opponent has an HO team, Sticky Web would be most useful to help slow down their offensive threats and also break any White Herbs, etc. MegAccelgor's new Poison typing kinda hurts it defensively, but offensively it gives STAB to one of its strongest moves in Sludge Bomb, and it provides justification for giving it Toxic Spikes. In terms of support moves, it has Encore, which is useful for ruining other leads who try to set up hazards alongside you. Just make sure you Encore them into Stealth Rock or Sticky Web, and not any spike moves, because that would be extremely counter-productive. Accelgor has a decent arrangement of attacking moves like Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain and Focus Blast, but most of the time, it only has one slot for an attacking move; all the others are taken up by hazards or support moves. This guy will probably be very effective but very predictable, like another hazard stacker lead, Froslass, but stronger, faster, and bulkier. Froslass does get Destiny Bond, but Accelgor is useful to keep alive to Encore set-up sweepers into set-up moves, or set up one more layer of Spikes mid-game, or unleash a strong STAB Sludge Bomb to kill that Sylveon your Keldeo wanted out of the way.

Ground/Electric -> Ground/Electric
Ability: Magic Guard

HP: 109 (+0) -> 109
Atk: 66 (+9) -> 75
Def: 84 (+31) -> 115
SpA: 81 (+29) -> 110
SpD: 99 (+31) -> 130
Spe: 32 (+0) -> 32

Movepool Additions: Slack Off

updating this later because my phone is dying lel

Fighting -> Fighting
Ability: Pacemaker (Decreases the priority of any priority move by 1)

Movepool Additions: Psychic

HP: 65 (+0) -> 65
Atk: 125 (+15) -> 140
Def: 60 (+28) -> 88
SpA: 95 (+24) -> 119
SpD: 60 (+23) -> 83
Spe: 105 (+10) -> 115

I'll update this post with the other two later, probably by this evening, with full descriptions like I have for Cryogonal and Accelgor.

Last edited:
Mienshao
Type: Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus/Regenerator/Reckless-->Reckless
Stats: 65/125/60/95/60/105-->65/175/60/125/60/125
Movepool: +Flare Blitz +Wild Charge
Accelgor
Type: Bug-->Bug/Fighting
Ability: Sticky Hold/Unburden/Hydration-->Protean
Stats: 80/70/40/100/60/145-->80/100/40/150/70/155
Movepool: +Aura Sphere

Type: Ground/Electric ---> Ground/Electric
Ability: Limber/Static/Sand Veil ---> Super Static (Just static but with a 60% chance of paralysis rather than 30%)
Stats: 109/66/84/81/99/32 ---> 109/66/124/111/129/32

Honestly, Static is already a pretty good ability, its just that when your abusers are frail electric types it doesn't get much of a chance to shine. Even so, I've buffed it up a little so it's more reliable and to give megafisk more of a reason to be used.
The obvious things are good mixed bulk and recovery, and fisk's interesting typing gives it a group of unusual resistances to differentiate it from other walls.

The main thing I see mega fisk being handy with however is in counterring Voltturn strategies, by blocking Volt Switch and often times paralysing those that try to U-turn from it. Not only that, but Super Static could be a handy emergency sweeper stop, if the RNG is on your side.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Man someone beat me to the punch with protean accelgor. Oh well ill post my ideas later for accelgor and mienshao

Edit: Submission suggestions
Mega Accelgor
Type: Bug -> Bug/Water
Abilities: Hydration/StickyHold/Unburden -> Protean
New Moves: Water Shuriken

Atk: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Def: 40 -> 50 (+10)

Flavor Concept: The membrane that encased its body are now waves of water that circulate around Accelgors body.

Competitive Concept: At 165 base speed Accelgor outruns most scarfed moons in the OU tier alone and at 130 base SpAtk packs a punch for something designed to be a revenge killer first. M-Accelgors competitive use is enhanced with Protean as it can now function as a mixed/special attacker, spikes setter, or just play mind games to put pressure on foes more effortlessly.

Mega Mienshao
Abilities: InnerFocus/Regenerator/Reckless -> Regenerator

Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 73 (+13)
Spe: 105 -> 122 (+17)

Flavor Concept: It's whiskers and tail are longer, with the split ends of both more separated and extended as well. Ears are more defined as well. Stronger contrast in the purple and yellow on its body.

Competitive Concept: The idea of this one is that it can now function as a physical, special, or mixed attacker. Keeps Regenerator cause that's an awesome ability on it anyways. Speed tier puts it at a respectable amount to compete with offense, while having access to Taunt and Calm Mind allows it to stall or wall break more efficiently depending on the set being used.

Last edited:

Mega Accelgor
Bug ---> Bug/Dark
Hydration / Sticky Hold / Unburden ---> Adjacent Force. (Upon switch in or mega evolve, uses Power Swap).
80/70/40/100/60/145 ---> 80/120/45/130/60/160
New Moves: Knock Off.

So I've basically followed up Accelgor's ninja-like aspects and turned him into a dark ninja of the shadows :P
The ability is based off how ninjas generally aren't the biggest fighters and use their opponents power against them in martial arts. Also Accelgor learns Power Swap as a starting move so its not that out there. Strong against set-up sweepers.
Bug / Dark typing gives Accelgor useful STAB on Pursuit and Knock Off.

Last edited:
Type: Bug --> Bug / Ghost
Abilities: Hydration / Sticky Hold / Unburdan [HA] --> Competitive
Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 --> 80 / 70 / 60 [+20] / 160 [+60] / 70 [+10] / 155 [+10]

Flavor:

I'll expand on this later.

Competitive Reasoning:

Mega Accelgor becomes a fearsome hazard setter with pseudo-unblockable spikes thanks to its added ghost typing and Competitive to dissuade defog users. Again, will add on this later.

Type: Bug --> Bug / Ghost
Abilities: Hydration / Sticky Hold / Unburdan [HA] --> Competitive
Stats: 80 / 70 / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 --> 80 / 70 / 60 [+20] / 160 [+60] / 70 [+10] / 155 [+10]

Flavor:

I'll expand on this later.

Competitive Reasoning:

Mega Accelgor becomes a fearsome hazard setter with pseudo-unblockable spikes thanks to its added ghost typing and Competitive to dissuade defog users. Again, will add on this later.
See Mega Froslass

See Mega Froslass
Not really...his Mega Accelgor has more of an offensive presence, better coverage and a way to actually discourage Defog, not to mention Froslass's speed pales in comparison to MegAccelgor. They are both Ghost-type hazard stacking leads, but Froslass is usually a suicide lead while Accelgor gets chances to come in throughout the game and Encore or attack. The two have slightly different roles, so I'd be curious to see what direction Mega Froslass could be taken in, but that's for another time.

Not really...his Mega Accelgor has more of an offensive presence, better coverage and a way to actually discourage Defog, not to mention Froslass's speed pales in comparison to MegAccelgor. They are both Ghost-type hazard stacking leads, but Froslass is usually a suicide lead while Accelgor gets chances to come in throughout the game and Encore or attack. The two have slightly different roles, so I'd be curious to see what direction Mega Froslass could be taken in, but that's for another time.
Frosslass: zerobreaker000
Mega Froslass
Typing: Ice/Ghost ----> Ice/Ghost
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body ----> Competitive
BST: 70/80/70/80/70/110 ---> 70/85/95/129/90/111
New Moves: Focus Blast, Nasty Plot

Froslass' BST is lower than I expected, so this took quite a bit of work. With Competitive, Mega Froslass becomes another great switch-in to Defoggers; barring Crobat and Scizor, a fully invested Timid Mega Froslass at +2 Sp. Atk thanks to Competitive outspeeds and OHKOes every single common defogger with either Ice Beam, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Okay, except for Mew, but that's a 56.3% to OHKO as well. The 111 speed is to outspeed fully invested Latias and Latios, and 95 Def allows it to have a 62.5% chance to live an unboosted Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor with a 0 HP / 4 Def spread. Even without an opposing Defogger, Mega Froslass can set up Nasty Plot by itself, though it'd be harder due to its medicore bulk.

To be honest, my Mega Froslass submission is more of targeting individual Defoggers and take them down, and Bug/Ghost Mega Accelgor has a weakness to Flying-type which most of the Defoggers are, so I suppose they both have their uses.

Oh whoops, I didn't see it on the spreadsheet so I figured it hadn't been done yet. My fault. But the speed and coverage parts are still mostly true.

The spreadsheet is sorely in need of updating, considering that we've finished 3 1/2 generations of Pokemon by now and the spreadsheet is missing a good 15-20% or so of them. I'd be happy to update it if given permission, though considering ace will be back soon we might really be able to bring the project back up to speed starting then.

The spreadsheet is sorely in need of updating, considering that we've finished 3 1/2 generations of Pokemon by now and the spreadsheet is missing a good 15-20% or so of them. I'd be happy to update it if given permission, though considering ace will be back soon we might really be able to bring the project back up to speed starting then.
If you want editing perms PM me and I'll give them to you but I'll back in action on Friday btw the mega submissions for gen 5 have been some of my favorite so far from this project keep up the good work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)