Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS is magnificent but ive always wanted to say some suggestions :)

1) Beating someone by more than pokemon (6-0) would reward more points on the ladder.
-Maybe the normal ladder system but +2 points for each extra Pokemon beaten by etc.
-Losing would also give you -2 points etc.
-help prevent against troll teams etc.
2)Fried requests? maybe? idk how that would change things but something to consider
3) damage calc is kinda messy
-just some UI updates (able to search items etc.)
-It would be REALLY cool if the damage calc was in the same format as the beautiful team builder!
4) Have a test tier?
-unranked random battle without the random part
5) Some general tournament updates.
-kinda glitchy toggle bar etc.
-it would be AWESOME if next to each tier there was a create tournament button so people could create there own tournies without challonge and everythiing would be superawesometheworldwouldexploadofjoy and people could browse tournies and it would be private matches so no cheating by watching others battle (possibilities are endless just update tournies plssss :) )
6)more backgrounds
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9U5-t4ZSffWR1NnWk1qTDdlUzA/edit?usp=sharing
I use this one and love it :)
7) Last but certainly not least: When using "watch a battle" allow one to see ranks of users and possibly have tiers sorted out because it would just be magnificent to be able to watch and observe different ranked player, how they play, learn, etc.!

Showdown is a wonderful simulator it is practically its own game! Keep up the good work!
Timbuktu covered most of this but I'll add a few points as well:

1) The ladder already biases certain playstyles no matter how hard we try to make it fair for everyone, and this would only become more true with what you have suggested (i.e. stall is much more likely to pull off a 6-0 than hyper offense). Further, it should be noted that the amount of pokes you have remaining is a bad estimate of how close the match is. It's more than possible (sometimes even the objective of a team like the current CAP 19 project) to strategically lose pokemon in order to cripple your opponents team enough to clean them with your last poke. There are matches that end 1-0, but the player who won was assured victory for a long time, and also matches that end 6-0 but were in actuality extremely close.
3) I actually agree with you on the damage calc, and I think this is partially due to it being bias towards larger monitor resolutions (I can't even fit the whole thing on my screen at once). I think there is a separate thread if you have something specific in mind but I don't know where it is.
6) Not only are backgrounds rather large files to add to the client, but it's also important to note that Showdown has to get the rights to actually use such graphics. If you actually know some artists who would like to donate there works that's one thing, but just saying you think a piece would make a good background isn't very helpful as then we'd have to actually go and attempt to track down the artist who made it.
7) My initial thought was that this was a great suggestion, but after thinking of it a bit longer I realized that high-ranking players who frequently change alts would be very frustrated by this because they enjoy the advantage of not having people spectate their matches to counter-team them. While it's certainly fun to watch a match between two great players, this is probably best done via a tournament to help protect the handful of people who are currently leading the ladder from getting spammed with spectators. Also as Timbuktu pointed out following around any given player for a bit can be helpful, even if they're just decent, because that way you can learn a variety of different playstyles and what to expect all over the ladder. You really can learn something from everybody!

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this has been addressed but the middle pokemon in triples battles should be allowed to shift too. There is a competitive advantage lost when the middle pokemon can't switch. For example, if I had an electric poke on the left with thunderbolt, and a fighting type in the middle, I should be able to choose thunderbolt and switch the middle poke to kill a poke on the right.
Pretty sure you're thinking about rotation battle

If you choose a particular hidden power type in the move selector, but then accidentally change the IVs from the EV/IV screen (or make a mistake), the Hidden Power type is not updated in the move selector, but I end up with the wrong type once I'm already in a battle. It'd be better if there were something to alert me that my IVs don't match my HP type before starting a match.

(I posted this in bug reports, but I realized it might be seen as more of a suggestion than a bug)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Where the heck is that post anyway? At any rate, he certainly meant Triples. Shift is the mechanic by which either side 'mon can swap with the central one. The middle mon is not allowed to shift, only the side ones are allowed to initiate it. It uses up their turn, just like switching or attacking, and they automatically shift to the middle (no swapping the two side mons). That is how it works in-game.

Besides, you can't target an enemy on the opposite side of the field in the first place, even if you could initiate a Shift from the central mon.

Well, I think it could be really cool if you had an option to search for battles but in a best of 3 (bo3) format. Sometimes I play such gimmicky things, and I just wish the bo3 was a possibility to show that it might have been a fluke. Best of 3s, in my opinion, demand much more skill and are more about information. Of course this wouldn't really work in singles 6v6, but I am a VGC player, and having this opinion but be REALLY cool. Also the fact you can't do bo3s in tournament scripts also kinda bugs me. All of the main events, after the swiss rounds which are best of 1, are best of 3s. Sometimes I would like to practice Bo3s without having to ask someone, and just have it done against a random opponent. Hope you can take this under consideration. Thanks

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Voice Chat in battles please.
/modchat +
This allows only the participants and global/room voices+ to speak when used in battle, but it's only usable as a room voice if you're using it in battle. Participants are automatically roomvoiced.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
/modchat +
This allows only the participants and global/room voices+ to speak when used in battle, but it's only usable as a room voice if you're using it in battle. Participants are automatically roomvoiced.
I think what he meant was like a voice message, something like skype-ish.

When you're in a lot of rooms, it'll be convenient to toggle between them if we could have a horizontal scrollbar below the room tabs. I apologise if this suggestion has been denied before.

Last edited:
Just click the left or right arrow key Jin :]
I don't think you understand what I meant. Take a look at this screenshot, for instance.

Some of the rooms that I'm in aren't even visible in the tabs bar. I was thinking that having a scrollbar would make navigation easier, similar to how you scroll up and down the users list when you want to challenge or PM someone. Right now, you won't know if you're highlighted in the rooms that aren't listed there unless you manually navigate to them or if you've got notifications turned on. Moreover, the latter isn't feasible on mobiles.

I don't think you understand what I meant. Take a look at this screenshot, for instance.

Some of the rooms that I'm in aren't even visible in the tabs bar. I was thinking that having a scrollbar would make navigation easier, similar to how you scroll up and down the users list when you want to challenge or PM someone. Right now, you won't know if you're highlighted in the rooms that aren't listed there unless you manually navigate to them or if you've got notifications turned on. Moreover, the latter isn't feasible on mobiles.
Oh I see what you mean now. That's a great suggestion.

Maybe an option to make Highlighted chat rooms move all the way to the left on highlight would suffice. I mean, you would be able to find the room right away and would attend to whatever the Highlight was about without searching the drop down list.

I've always found the ps music player a bit...mediocre. There's that awkward cut in between song loops.
I have an idea tho. It would be really innovating to allow players to upload their own track(before the battle).
The other guy should be able to do it to.
(The deciding song choice between players is random)

I've always found the ps music player a bit...mediocre. There's that awkward cut in between song loops.
I have an idea tho. It would be really innovating to allow players to upload their own track(before the battle).
Mute it and have something playing in the background. That's literally the thing you have to do to avoid it. Plus side to doing this, you get to listen to what YOU want! *Party noises*

Mute it and have something playing in the background. That's literally the thing you have to do to avoid it. Plus side to doing this, you get to listen to what YOU want! *Party noises*
...okay...
But I'm going for the innovation of sharing one's music. It's a bit of a longshot.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This really is not possible due to technical restraints on the server. Music is huge amounts of bandwidth if you think about how many battles are happening at any time. Be glad you have the music you have, but last I heard there were 0 plans to do anything about music for the time being.

Hello everyone. I don't know whether or not this has been brought up before (it probably has I'd guess). but...

Would it be possible to give players the option to play with either the current X&Y 3D models OR the custom sprites we used to have at the beginning of Generation 6?

Also please let 3rd gen battles have third gen sprites. Same goes for gens 1,2,4,5 with their respective sprites. Battling in 3rd gen with XY models feels meh.

Hello everyone. I don't know whether or not this has been brought up before (it probably has I'd guess). but...

Would it be possible to give players the option to play with either the current X&Y 3D models OR the custom sprites we used to have at the beginning of Generation 6?

Also please let 3rd gen battles have third gen sprites. Same goes for gens 1,2,4,5 with their respective sprites. Battling in 3rd gen with XY models feels meh.
These are both in the works.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ok, how about this,a room called "ladder down room" r something of that nature where people who want to battle can look for other people that want to battle in the same tier. That way other chats wouldn't get spammed by people who don't know what the tier rooms are, they could just go to the ladder down room when the ladder is down to look for a battle among people in a room that actually want to battle.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, how about this,a room called "ladder down room" r something of that nature where people who want to battle can look for other people that want to battle in the same tier. That way other chats wouldn't get spammed by people who don't know what the tier rooms are, they could just go to the ladder down room when the ladder is down to look for a battle among people in a room that actually want to battle.
They could just use the tier rooms or wait it out since the ladder is usually down for short periods of time only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)