np: XY OU Suspect Testing Round 6 - Wrecking Ball [Read Post 423 for Posting etiquette]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand we're trying not to pull obscure references but doesn't Mega-Aggron completely wall all of Mega Mawile's stuff?

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 96-114 (27.9 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 79-93 (22.9 - 27%) -- 44.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 66-78 (19.1 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO

252+ Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 210-248 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 187-222 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know pulling some random calcs isn't going to help. I am still anti-ban.

But the most interesting thing is no one was looking that with all the Mega-Evolutions, almost all of them were made in a giant spider web to counter each other. Honestly, I'm not saying Mega-Aggron is the best for OU material (In my opinion, he can be great with proper special defense support) but he completely walls Mega Maw's capabilities. And can phaze with Roar (Not all the phazing needs to be Dragon Tail)

Interestingly enough people are also not bringing up Mega-maw has to mega-evolved to set up, (first be sent out and then use a move). Ironically that can be used in your favor due to knowing when they will strike.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yeah because everybody has a quagsire on their team. That is the definition of overcentralization.. it forces players to bring a single pokemon on nearly every single one of their teams and it fails in any roles other than dealing with that one threat the majority of the time.

Should mawile be a sub set to avoid a burn (who's switching mawile into a heatran or rotom wash anyway?)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 247-291 (62.6 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's a "check" but not a wall.. even if you're running scald on your quagsire, that's still entirely luck based..

Btw.. am I the only one who uses a taunt mawile? I think it deserves a mention.. especially since we're trying to stall it..
Most stall teams have a Quagsire to handle set up sweepers and Thundurus in general, it's not an example of over centralization. Against offensive teams, it has a hard time coming in without being 3/2HKO'ed and even then, it's low defenses and speed hold it back.

Deleted because the post I quoted was deleted? Okay, let's try this again. For context, the idea I was responding to was that everything that beats stall will be banned.

It's the truth. They call it a slippery slope fallacy, but how can it be a fallacy when that is literally the council's agenda? Ban all S-rank mons. I don't remember the order, but the genies and things like char x are on the list. Eventually they'll get to things like m-heracross.

Oh, and council, a word of advice: don't do things like moving up the Aegislash suspect just because somebody was whining about it. You should have stuck to the order. More people would think that it's broken and you wouldn't have had to resort to fraud just to ban it.

Mega mawile, as most people know is very powerful, but it has many possible counters, such a Heatran, unless you carry brick break. Another counter is Mega Venusaur, not many people carry iron head anymore, so it's a good counter. Skarmory is another OU counter, being able to take a play rough and iron head, but can't really attack back. Mega mawile would/ already is crushing common pokemon that are in ubers with play roughs on dragon types and darkrais. Aegislash I never found much of a counter, mainly because you just keep on sucker punching, or beat the mind games with fire fang. I think it should stay OU.
Its not healthy for the metagame. It has good typing good defenses great movepool. The main problem is lack of counters. You can only check it. Iron head is not as common as it used to be but is still a bit popular. Subpunch beats heatran. You have to sack something in order to find out its set its running

People don't have Quag on their team just for Mawile, they have it around for physical setup sweepers. Let's just please stop that fallacy, ok?

Also, TheWyvernKing has a very good point on bringing up the lower-tier Pokés that can effectively stop M-Mawile on its tracks. Arcanine is a beauty for this. Overall, it reminds me so much of Terrakion in Gen V having Nidoqueen and Gollurk among the best ways to stop it.
Arcanine isn't viable in ou

Last edited by a moderator:
As an avid stall player, I can assure you that Quaggy is not a necessity. However, that has nothing to do with Mawile. Hell--Unaware Quagsire can't do anything to SubPunch. I'm on my mobile in terrible service, so I can't really get the calcs, but it shits on quag

Most stall teams have a Quagsire to handle set up sweepers and Thundurus in general, it's not an example of over centralization. Against offensive teams, it has a hard time coming in without being 3/2HKO'ed and even then, it's low defenses and speed hold it back.
Quagsire stops landorus (suspect worthy), Charizard X (suspect worthy), and back then baton pass teams (no longer here) he has no other particular usage over other physical walls, or even clefable for that matter.

Mawile has access to taunt to stop recover.. she can spam play rough.. and saying he can wall her when burned is highly situational.

Quagsire checks a burned mawile. She's not broken and has a big list of checks and counters and is totally not situational at all..

Point is, nothing counters her... and her checks don't fair too well against her themselves. Especally with the steel type nerf.

Last edited:
As one who has never had any trouble with Mawile, I would say what you can do is think. Like in any battle, thinking is key. Scout for their set! Yes, you may lose one of your pokémon against it, but then you'll have an idea of who to gring in to either force it out or cripple it and take it out. I can also say I never had any trouble against Aegislash, Mega-Khan, Mega-Gengar nor Mega-Luke because of how I would play around them. I'm just waiting for all of the remaining interesting additions from Gen VI to be suspect tested and banned.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Quagsire stops landorus (suspect worthy), Charizard X (suspect worthy), and back then baton pass teams (no longer here) he has no other particular usage over other physical walls, or even clefable for that matter.

Mawile has access to taunt to stop recover.. she can spam play rough and iron head.. and saying he can walled her when burned is highly situational.

Quagsire checks a burned mawile. She's not broken and has a big list of checks and counters and is totally not situational at all..

Point is, nothing counters her... and her checks don't fair too well against her themselves. Especally with the steel type nerf.
What?
Quagsire does not stop Landorus-I (unless you were referring to Landorus-T as suspect worthy) since most of them are physically defensive. Quagsire has an easier time dealing with Mega Scizor, Talonflame and Thundurus as compared to Clefable not to mention that it has an easier team dealing with threats in general because it has access to Recover unlike Clefable that has to wait for a turn to recover lost HP. My point is that, stat wise, it's too flawed to be broken and that it lacks the move pool to break through everything.

Ah, we're finally suspecting Mega Mawile.

Mega Mawile is, in my opinion, very broken. You have a Pokemon with base 105 Attack and Huge Power, effectively giving it 678 Attack unboosted. Don't think this is a big deal? Here are some calcs.
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 334-394 (82.6 - 97.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 578-684 (161.4 - 191%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 207-244 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 183-216 (61.4 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 180-213 (50.8 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 357-420 (85 - 100%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

"But Steel-types wall it!" Yeah, not really. Mawile has access to Fire Fang, allowing it to roast them.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 320-380 (90.9 - 107.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 304-360 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 536-632 (155.8 - 183.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 404-476 (117.4 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 156-184 (46.7 - 55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It also has Intimidate before it mega evolves, solid 50/125/95 defenses, and one of the best defensive typings in the game, meaning that it is almost guaranteed to get a Swords Dance off. If it does, it is pretty much gg right there. But Swords Dance isn't the reason it's broken. The reason is Sucker Punch. Because of Sucker Punch, it is effectively impossible to revenge kill, and it enables Mawile to sweep with very little effort. Let's take a look a the Offensive Characteristic, shall we?

"A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort."

This is Mega Mawile in a nutshell. If it gets a Swords Dance off, it is nigh unstoppable. Stall can't reliably beat it since it is immune to Toxic and can just SD to cancel out a burn. Offense can't beat it because of Sucker Punch. In all, Mega Mawile is very broken, very overpowered, and very deserving of a ban to Ubers.

One more thing: I notice that some people are talking about these bans being a slippery slope. I understand your side of the argument: once a Pokemon is banned, other mons that it countered will become more viable, and a new set of Pokemon will become overpowered. But the only mons I can see being truly broken after Mega Mawile are Megazard X and maybe Mega Pinsir. Landorus and Thundurus I do not have enough experience with to have a definite opinion.

Tl;dr: Ban Mawilite

The reason i hate Mawile is the deadly 50/50 he is forcing, if you have a pokemon in KO Range of sucker punch (in exemple, M-Manec with 35%) you have to "predict" the sucker punch and/or the Play Rough (or Swords Dance / Substitute) and play in consequence. Here is the reason why, if i get reqs, i will vote to ban Mawilite.

Still waiting for anti-ban real arguments btw...

Hello people are looking for counters because it is broken. What does Arcanine really do in ou i have never really used so you would have to tell me

i'm sorry if you haven't noticed but it has pretty great bulk, recovery moves, and will o wisp. The only thing stopping it from being a great wall is it's typing, and it got as far as uu with it. Not to mention but it's rather versatile and can run different sets like bands, mixed, life orb, bulky. It can easily live a physical hit from pokes like dragonite thanks to intimidate and will o wisp than recover its health.

-1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 136-162 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 120-142 (31.3 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 130-154 (33.9 - 40.2%) -- 37.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just a few examples

Seeing as arguments such as "why I hate" are being used to justify this, I believe trying to argue reasonably would do no good since all of this is coming from personal preference. You people want Mega Mawile gone because you don't like it.

Arcanine has intimidate and fair bulk which if combined with investment can help it to enter, nerf M-Mawile's SD boost and then KO it with its Fire Stab (especially if it is the rare but still viable Bold + Flamethrower / Heat Wave variant).

The reason why Arcanine has not had its niche in OU recognized is because now if a user posts or suggest a set that an older or senior member of this forum disagrees with, it is discarded right away and / or its thread is locked.

Last edited:
i'm sorry if you haven't noticed but it has pretty great bulk, recovery moves, and will o wisp. The only thing stopping it from being a great wall is it's typing, and it got as far as uu with it. Not to mention but it's rather versatile and can run different sets like bands, mixed, life orb, bulky. It can easily live a physical hit from pokes like dragonite thanks to intimidate and will o wisp than recover its health.

-1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 136-162 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 120-142 (31.3 - 37%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 130-154 (33.9 - 40.2%) -- 37.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just a few examples
So i see what you guys mean and its still not the most viable pokemon to use. It has that weakness to rocks. And i see it as a setup fodder to ceartin pokemon and easy to switch in on. I see many pokemon will be annoyed by it living but its bulk is not the greatest it can be stalled out and ms only has 8 pp

How is Mew a counter when it can't switch into play rough and will die immediately after getting a wil o wisp off?

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 279-328 (69 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power burned Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 139-164 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- 50.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even in instances where there isn't a switch in a +2 M-Mawille still does stupid damage even burned if it goes for the SD while wil o wisp is thrown.

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power burned Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 277-327 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's a check at most.

The reason i hate Mawile is the deadly 50/50 he is forcing, if you have a pokemon in KO Range of sucker punch (in exemple, M-Manec with 35%) you have to "predict" the sucker punch and/or the Play Rough (or Swords Dance / Substitute) and play in consequence. Here is the reason why, if i get reqs, i will vote to ban Mawilite.

Still waiting for anti-ban real arguments btw...
Im pro ban, but thats a terrible argument to ban mawile. Sucker punch has always been a 50/50, and its never in favor of the player using sucker punch. The 50/50 argument was overused with aegislash, and it really doesnt apply to mawile. We may as well ban sucker punch because it causes a 50/50.

God dam, the number of post of "It is not broken because I never have trouble with it" is just...wow even after the warnings. Now, then there is something I had noticed hasn't been brought up at all, (not that it really needs to be to show how broken this mon is) the Foul Play sets. Foul Play is another powerful tool that people seem to forget when looking at this pokemon. It still gets the double boost from its ability and does large amounts of damage. This allows it to put more into bulk and to not fear will-o-wisp as much. Just some food for thought.

Seeing as arguments such as "why I hate" are being used to justify this, I believe trying to argue reasonably would do no good since all of this is coming from personal preference. You people want Mega Mawile gone because you don't like it.

Arcanine has intimidate and fair bulk which if combined with investment can help it to enter, nerf M-Mawile's SD boost and then KO it with its Fire Stab (especially if it is the rare but still viable Bold + Flamethrower / Heat Wave variant).

The reason why Arcanine has not had its nice in OU recognized is because now if a user posts or suggest a set that an older or senior member of this forum disagrees with, it is discarded right away and / or its thread is locked.

That's personal bias on your end.. your only reasoning for mawile staying is because arcanine checks it (which btw it doesn't since mawile can switch in and sucker punch the hell out of it.. ) and he's UU! Taking a pokemon from another tier just to counter 1 and fail at every other job is overcentralizing.

Your other post says you don't have a problem dealing with it.. good for you, neither have I. I never had a problem with dealing with darkrai either.. I never had a problem with legendaries in little cup. (no joke) but does that mean they should stay? No! If something is broken, overcentralizing, or too complicated to deal with.. it gets the boot.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
For those of you saying that Stall can handle it by burning it: what if they have a Healing Wish user like Latias? By the time Mawile gets burned your checks will be severely weakened and a Healing Wish lets it clean up easily. Latias also resists Fire and is immune to Ground so it's a good partner anyway.

Okay. Mod Post.

For whatever reason you guys don't get it at all. It's been said multiple times by Haunter, reyscarface, and ginganinja on what will be deleted in this thread and to this point you guys haven't understood that. It's not that hard to post intelligently in this thread. Any of the following will likely get deleted so don't waste your time posting it.

- One Lined posts
- Any mentions of Arcanine or Weezing.
- Blanket statements such as "hit is with a ground/fire move."
- Whiny/bitchy posts saying things like "why? it's not that good, I just hit it with a ground move and it dies. You guys need to git gud." or "Ban everything that beats stall." -- These will not only be deleted but will get you infracted/banned.

Additionally, I'm going to implement a user blacklist to this thread. If a user is placed on the blacklist, they only be permitted to one post in this thread per 24 hours. Failing to adhere to this will get you infracted or banned. If you consistently continue posting garbage or can't post intelligently, you will be blacklisted. I don't want to have to start blacklisting users but if you guys can't get it together, it will be implement in every suspect thread from here on out. That is all.

bubblymaika

I'd sell you to satan for one corn chip
is an Artist Alumnus
To all you people spouting absolute nonsense about "no counter" "the sucker punch 50/50 is ruining the metagame" just stop playing competitive pokemon because next week is mega medicham, than latios, than fucking magikarp. I don't get why people complain about pokemon that clearly aren't op.

A GOOD PLAYER WILL SCOUT WHICH SET MEGA MAWILE IS RUNNING, all mega mawile sets have counters and by all of them i mean the only 2 it has. It's nowhere near as versatile as aegislash, is slow as fuck, RELIES ON SUCKER PUNCH. Let me just say this, it's obvious which set mega mawile is running like 2nd turn and it's so easy to play around that. Swords dance gets utterly countered by heatran along with any fire type that runs will o wisp (checked by any dark resist that learns a super effective move or none fire type will o wisps). Not to mention pokemon like mew beat it anyways unless it has like knock off and if mega venu has earthquake/hp fire it beats it unless the mawile has like friggin iron head which nobody runs nowadays.

Overall this suspect is just outrageous, this along with many other suspects makes me feel like smogon is banning pokes that affect their teams more than other peoples. The thing i want to know is how people decide who makes the suspects because i've never had a problem with mega mawile and i don't even run like any of its counters.

If mega mawile really had an effect on the metagame all it's counters from lower tiers even if gimmicky would actually gain usage, i saw none of this and it honestly just proves its not as op as people say, arcanine, will o wisp infiltrated chandie counter for example and pokes like krookodile beat it anyways since earthquake kills and it can definitely take a sucker punch.
The next suspects before ORAS have already been decided upon, Charizard X and possibly the genies if I remember correctly. Latios is not going to be suspected anytime soon since it has plenty of counters and unlike mega mawile, these counters are actually viable. Megacham is debatable IMO, but we'll see as time rolls along.

You act as if we don't try to scout. The thing is that scouting can either A: cost a pokemon or B: give Maw a chance to set up. Oh and as for those counters... (I will give you heatran since the SD set needs boosts to get past it)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 203-239 (68.1 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 170-201 (57 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 255-300 (70.8 - 83.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Pretty shaky counters if you ask me, since rocks need to be off the field for them to do their best.

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power burned Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 277-327 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 198-233 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 252-296 (82.8 - 97.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mawile can also choose to take the hit and strike back with playrough.

If you really don't want to see mawile banned, then go ladder and make the reqs rather than blindly ranting. I've not had any serious trouble with it as well, but it's pretty hard to deny how broken this pokemon is in terms of sheer power. And please, please stop mentioning niche counters. Why on earth would I want to run those over other pokemon and sets that are much more viable? If your only answer is Mega Mawile, there is a problem.

mega mawile? banned? come on! if somebody didn't have a counter to megamawile on their team, then that means they usually just made a bad team.
there are plenty of counters to this thing, even if it takes a pokemon and a half to take it down. the solution to any sucker puncher is a fast will-o-wisp-er, which are relatively common in the forms of Rotom-W, Gengar, Talonflame, and Mega-Charizard X. Not to mention it's sucker punch doesn't really hurt faster dark, fairies, and fighting types like Terrakion, Lucario, Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Tyranitar, and Greninja.

Looking at nearly every pokemon in at least the A-rank category of OU, most pokemon can do SOMETHING on Mega-Mawile that really harms it before Mega-Mawile sets up or attacks, meaning that your Pokemon isn't always set-up bait against it. After all, most physical attackers naturally carry Earthquake, and all special attackers don't care about the Intimidate drop.

In short, a team usually has a fighting chance against a Mega-Mawile without having to put a conscious effort behind building a dedicated counter. True, Mega-Mawile ups the difficulty level for a lot of OU Pokemon, but I think that if Mega-Mawile were as bad as it is called, a Wrecking-Ball, probably being able to take down 2 or 3 pokemon, then the opponent simply did not have a good team. Most teams should carry a Ground-type attacker (or something with Earthquake) or a special attacker. Essentially, what it takes to take down a Mawile is the same thing as MOST pokemon in OU, essentially.

mega mawile? banned? come on! if somebody didn't have a counter to megamawile on their team, then that means they usually just made a bad team.
there are plenty of counters to this thing, even if it takes a pokemon and a half to take it down. the solution to any sucker puncher is a fast will-o-wisp-er, which are relatively common in the forms of Rotom-W, Gengar, Talonflame, and Mega-Charizard X. Not to mention it's sucker punch doesn't really hurt faster dark, fairies, and fighting types like Terrakion, Lucario, Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Tyranitar, and Greninja.

Looking at nearly every pokemon in at least the A-rank category of OU, most pokemon can do SOMETHING on Mega-Mawile that really harms it before Mega-Mawile sets up or attacks, meaning that your Pokemon isn't always set-up bait against it. After all, most physical attackers naturally carry Earthquake, and all special attackers don't care about the Intimidate drop.

In short, a team usually has a fighting chance against a Mega-Mawile without having to put a conscious effort behind building a dedicated counter. True, Mega-Mawile ups the difficulty level for a lot of OU Pokemon, but I think that if Mega-Mawile were as bad as it is called, a Wrecking-Ball, probably being able to take down 2 or 3 pokemon, then the opponent simply did not have a good team. Most teams should carry a Ground-type attacker (or something with Earthquake) or a special attacker. Essentially, what it takes to take down a Mawile is the same thing as MOST pokemon in OU, essentially.
Well the way you put that is you think every team should have a pure counter to Mega Mawile. That can be a hassle if you want to build a team with a Pokemon you want to use.
I admit Mawile is pretty hard to work around. But if it does get banned, then a lot of other huge threats that were stopped by it will come back and be a huge problem to the metagame. I can't think of any at the top of my head that fill this spot but that's still a problem.

I use Mega Mawile on my team, and here is my experience. Well planned teams can usually handle it. A lot of bulky attackers carry EQ / Flamethrower / Wil-o-wisp / Fire Fang / Flare Blitz / intimidate or other things that can nerf it or force me to switch. Garchomp, Mamoswine, the Zards, Togekiss (with Air Slash or Flamethrower), TTar (Mega or not if it runs EQ), and (ugh) Talonflame have all survived or mind gamed the Sucker Punch and landed 1-2HKOs.

We'll see what the data says, but if this turns into a ban, I expect it to be borderline.

Meanwhile, when is the test for Gale Wings coming?

The quality of some of these post seem like they were made by people who literally gotten no higher than 1300 on the normal ladder or clearly have no clue of high level plays. Just saying! Seriously tho, majority of the pro-ban arguments make hellah more sense than most of the anti-ban ones to the point I'm actually glad Aegislash is currently ban because otherwise the quality of some of the anti-ban post would be worse.

In summary of this whole thread so far: Mawile is just as busted as the broken records who are just spewing nothing but decorated bullshit just because they want to keep it around instead of laddering.

Also, why people keep insisting that Mawile will stay in and get burned and that everything that can burn it wants to try and switch into it, if you say Heatran then I must deserve an A for pressing focus punch knowing full damn well Mawile forces a switch very easily. Gengar without a sub up, I'll give you that one but it still doesn't want to switch into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)