Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus

He wanted to fly.... a little too much

And at the cost of needing what looks to be like one of those scoliosis braces to boot.

Mega Altaria is totally my new waifu. D Dance and Return or Hyper Voice with Pixilate sounds like fun.

Reactions: PME
So Mega Altaria looks cuddly af.
Mega Salamence is a huge boomerang dragon... which is kinda cool.
And Mega Lopunny... exists now? Idc.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure how I feel about the shiny Beldum giveaway seeings now I'm in the middle of trying to Masuda a competitive one, now everyone will have a shiny. I don't really like how the cross on shiny Mega-Metagross' face goes from gold to blue though.. Still, would be cool if it's available through Mystery Gift on release, but having only Take Down until it evolves at level 20 means it will be hard to use

Mega-Altaria is cool though! It can go physical with Dragon Dance + Return or special and make use of Hyper Voice, and of course there's Cotton Guard for defensive sets. Providing it gets good stat increases it could be very versatile!

It would be funny if Klutz prevented Loppuny from using it's mega stone (obviously it won't). I'm sceptical on it's viability though, I'm guessing it will get attack and speed increases but will still be frail as anything, and with that Mach Punch weakness...

Wow I'm REALLY into the new Loppuny look. Those ear ties just really make it come off as a Fighitng type. Plus the ripped tights are hilarious. It's deff gonna be one of my favorite Fighting Types, it's stance and stuff reminds me of Meinshao. Fighting was actually the really obvious new typing for it to get. If you check out it's move pool (which is totally gonna get High Jump Kick added to it now) And Scrappy is totally a non-gimmick since it basically means it's STABs hit all types neutrally. Not all types like mono-types. There actually is NOT a single possible type combination that resists both of M-Loppuny's STAB attacks at the same time once you consider Scrappy. It hits every Pokemon ever neurally at minimum. And that's really awesome. Scrappy also means you can spam High Jump kick (come on it's gonna get it) way easier. I'm def most excited about her.

Mega Alteria is cool. Pixilate has been a some what disappointing ability to me so far but Alteria has moves to abuse it at least. Dragon-Fairy typing sounds cool. I'm reluctant to say it's "good" for now though. Since they barely cancel out each other's weakness and steel types can totally wall STAB attacks. Personally though I'm kind of hoping that the 100 base stats go into a more defensive spread for M-Alteria. I just think that would be more fun.

M-Slamance is the design that will take me the longest to get used to. But it's gonna be a total beast. 100 more base stat from where it already was + Dragon Dance is gonna shred. And then Areilate boosts for Return or Thrash or w/e. And it still get's to intimidate at first entry. SO BEAST! SO PRO! It's totally his time to shine again and I'm happy for that. Seriously, like you don't even have to add that much base stat to his atk and spd before he's already REALLY good. Hell, he's already REALLY good without it. Just hoping his attack goes up by 40 or more so he isn't one of those Megas that get's out damaged by Life ORb himself. Still... S-Rank for sure guys.

I actually like Mega Lopunny a lot, conceptually and design wise. Literally the only thing Lopunny had going for it that made it unique was Klutz + Switcheroo, a niche shared only with Swoobat, but now it has potential to kick ass. It has an unresisted STAB combo thanks to Scrappy and powerful + accurate STAB moves to fire off of it. Fun fact: it's the only Jump Kick user that doesn't have to fear Ghost types switching into it. No High Jump Kick user has this distinction at all.

Let's just hope it gains, like, 50 base attack, because base 76 is pretty pathetic.

Guys afaik: the pikachu contest moves are just for the contests. Serebii quotes: "It also confirms that when you change your Pikachu's clothes for contests, it gets special moves. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press".

I still hope I'm wrong though :-(
This quote doesn't imply that Pikachu only get the moves in contests. In fact it implies that Pikachu gets the moves while wearing the costumes which we've seen it do out side of contests in Amie. Not to mention it's a quote and not a direct translation of the actual Japanese text. But I called it! Didn't I? I totally said Pikachu Libre was gonna be able to use Flying Press!! haha. But yeah, if you can wear these costumes into battle then it means cool new moves for Pikachu!

This quote doesn't imply that Pikachu only get the moves in contests. In fact it implies that Pikachu gets the moves while wearing the costumes which we've seen it do out side of contests in Amie. Not to mention it's a quote and not a direct translation of the actual Japanese text. But I called it! Didn't I? I totally said Pikachu Libre was gonna be able to use Flying Press!! haha. But yeah, if you can wear these costumes into battle then it means cool new moves for Pikachu!
There are also screenshots of Pikachu using the moves.

I'm still waiting for Mega Plusle.

Hey so up in the right corner of this image is a picture of M-Loppuny jumping in the air and nailing Sabeley (a ghost type ) with an attack. I think we all know where this is going. The Japanese text and it's direct translation are as follows:

とくせいで「とびひざげり」がゴーストタイプにも当たるぞ!
With the ability, "High Jump Kick" hits Ghost Types too!

As far as I'm concerned the images and that sentence are 99% confirmation M-Loppuny gets High Jump Kick

I just thought to point out that mega lopunny is actually lighter than normal lopunny
Also this kind of makes sense once you notice how skinny her neck is..... o.O

Last edited:

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
It does raise a question: Will the otufit count as a held item? If not, Pikachu being able to use Light Ball with something like Icicle Crash might give me a nice electric type to consider when playing ORAS. Well, would if the damn thing wasn't so rare.

Seriously, am I the only one who things Lopunny's mega supports the playboy image since it looks like it is wearing a pair of leather chaps?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was checking out Lopunny's movepool on Serebii and it's pretty sweet. It gets the Elemental Punches, Drain Punch, Low Kick, Circle Throw (Lopunny-based stall?), Magic Coat (wtf), Healing Wish if you don't want to Mega for some reason, Encore, and even Heal Bell.

I don't know how they're going to make 65/76/84/54/96/105 into something passable without subtracting from something else (plz be SpA, it doesn't need it) and/or putting half of the Mega BST into Attack.

Last edited:
It does raise a question: Will the otufit count as a held item? If not, Pikachu being able to use Light Ball with something like Icicle Crash might give me a nice electric type to consider when playing ORAS. Well, would if the damn thing wasn't so rare.

Seriously, am I the only one who things Lopunny's mega supports the playboy image since it looks like it is wearing a pair of leather chaps?
Haha, I thouht they were ripped tights. or ripped stockings... (///)

I was checking out Lopunny's movepool on Serebii and it's pretty sweet. It gets the Elemental Punches, Drain Punch, Low Kick, Circle Throw (Lopunny-based stall?), Magic Coat (wtf), Healing Wish if you don't want to Mega for some reason, and even Heal Bell.

I don't know how they're going to make 65/76/84/54/96/105 into something passable without subtracting from something else (plz be SpA, it doesn't need it) and/or putting half of the Mega BST into attack.
Very agreed with this. PLus add High Jump Kick to that move lists :D
It's non-mega stats are so low that +100 isn't really gonna be enough to make it high OU material. M-Loppuny will prolly shiny real well in UU though. Of course we can't totally say for sure yet. But yeah they would have to have been REALLY trying to correct it's stat spread for it to end up being good OU material. Still from everything we know so far a Pokemon that was next to useless is suddenly becoming really awesome and unique so I'm just all around happy about this.

Last edited:
Well, I see that Mega-Altaria got the Minccino-Cinccino treatment. Disregarding Mega Altaria's potential impact on the competitive side of the game, it isn't making much of an impression to me aesthetically-speaking. It just looks uninspiring and bland. I guess simple tweaks could go a long way, but this one was just not executed to good effect. I would have liked if they kept the fluffiness level at a manageable state and gave it a more majestic look instead.

Mega-Lopunny...(looks like someone you'd see along the tamer parts of Red Light District) is certainly a spicy waifu-material, going deluxe dominatrix mode with that short "top" and skanky, "torn stockings". Kidding aside, for those very reasons, adding in the tied up bunny ears, these made Mega-Lopunny more fitting for its typing. That's not to say of my inclination to the design, which I find rather average at best.

Mega-Salamence's design piqued my interest but not in a good way....

Overall, I am left less than satisfied from a visual standpoint, but I am at least looking forward on how this Mega set will play out in the competitive scene, especially Mega-Altaria and Mega-Salamence.

Last edited:
I don't know how they're going to make 65/76/84/54/96/105 into something passable without subtracting from something else (plz be SpA, it doesn't need it)
"Mega Lopunny is Normal / Fighting and has Scrappy. Its Attack and Special Attack are improved. It’s slightly taller and much lighter than before (Mega: 1.3m / 28.3 kg, Normal: 1.2m / 33.3 kg)." -pokebeach

uhh...

Altaria loves that new typing for its defense as both types get great resistances, but Filter might have been more promising than an offensive ability.
As a special attacker that can bypass Substitute with HyperVoice it would only be successful if it got a way to check boosting physical sweepers... and the answer is not CottonGuard, because you have to switch into them.
So better hope for physical offense and a way around airborne steel types, or magmaclumbs that get high on balloons...

Edit: thanks for that detail PME, split offense boost might suck a lot for Lopunny, sad and bad

I'm really excited to discover all the new things.

Pikachu new attacks are just gimmicks ... but Mega Alteria, Mega Salamence, Mega Loopunny seems interesting !

Good job Games Freaks !

Karxrida

Okay I'm back from Serebii again with cool stuff for Altaria.

It gets Hyper Voice via breeding, Double Edge and Body Slam via FRLG tutors, Dragon Dance via level up, Pursuit via breeding (wtf), and it also gets Heal Bell.

75/70/90/105/80 will need something subtracted if they want to make one of its offensive stats passable like with Lopunny.

Yeah, and compare his learnset to Salamences. That quick attack is not to be messed with. I'm not saying that Salamence won't benefit at all but he could have received something much better.
Gaining an incredibly powerful STAB in Double Edge is just about the biggest buff Salamence could hope for. It doesn't need priority as it can boost its speed with Dragon Dance.

Karxrida

"Mega Lopunny is Normal / Fighting and has Scrappy. Its Attack and Special Attack are improved. It’s slightly taller and much lighter than before (Mega: 1.3m / 28.3 kg, Normal: 1.2m / 33.3 kg)." -pokebeach

uhh...
Fucky fucking fuckers that fuck. The best I can see for it without subtracting anything is 50 in each stat (126/104). That's pretty "meh" for a Mega.

Great Mega Salamence is confirmed... Now my boy Haxorus will fall even further from grace ;-;
Also Mega Altaria was pretty obvious, with it getting Moonblast by level up... Were they hinting towards it? :o
And Flying Press Pikachu? NEW META (And Icicle Crash OP. means no more HP Ice ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)