Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just worried that after about 2 Cotton Guards Altaria is going to be completely untouchable :P

Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice.. and then whatever the hell you want. (Tack on roost?)

Giant ball of fluff is about to be a defensive monster.

Last edited:
I'm just worried that after about 2-3 Cotton Guards Altaria is going to be completely untouchable :P

Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice.. and then whatever the hell you want. (Tack on roost?)

Giant ball of fluff is about to be a defensive monster.
2 cotton guards maxs you out a +6 def already. If you used it a 3rd time it'll fail. But yeah if it get's an opening to set that up even once it starts taking SE moves like a pro. Also it has Roost and Heal Bell to keep itself perfectly healthy

2 cotton guards maxs you out a +6 def already. If you used it a 3rd time it'll fail. But yeah if it get's an opening to set that up even once it starts taking SE moves like a pro. Also it has Roost and Heal Bell to keep itself perfectly healthy
whoops forgot it was +3 and not +2. Man.. I'm going to have to remember to kill this thing before it gets a chance to wreck house. And then there's boomerang the Salamence.. Threat threat threat threat.

I think everyone can agree that Mega Lopunny isn't as playboy worthy anymore.

Is there a particular reason why people are talking about Hyper Voice on Mega Altaria rather than Return? By the looks of it, Altaria's Attack stat is going to be the main boosted stat, so it sounds like it'll be higher than its Special Attack. Combine that with the fact that Return has a naturally higher base power and it just looks like it'll be the overall better option. Running physically-based Mega Altaria with Return also has the advantage of getting great neutral coverage with Earthquake, although I suppose Fire Blast works well alongside Hyper Voice. I guess the ability to bypass Substitutes is cool and all, but I'd honestly prefer Return overall.

I'd prefer they dump like 80 into attack and 20 in speed to out speed a majority of threats.
Base 156 attack and 125 speed is definitely an improvement regardless. The description mentions that it is "potent" so obviously a majority of the stat points will go to attack. I'd like to see it's defenses buffed a bit though.

Base 156 attack and 125 speed is definitely an improvement regardless. The description mentions that it is "potent" so obviously a majority of the stat points will go to attack. I'd like to see it's defenses buffed a bit though.
Lopunny would need at least +60 on Attack to be a threat. And please Troll Freak, don't give 4chan's favorite bunny a buff on Special Attack, just like you did with mega gardevoir's Attack

Is there a particular reason why people are talking about Hyper Voice on Mega Altaria rather than Return? By the looks of it, Altaria's Attack stat is going to be the main boosted stat, so it sounds like it'll be higher than its Special Attack. Combine that with the fact that Return has a naturally higher base power and it just looks like it'll be the overall better option. Running physically-based Mega Altaria with Return also has the advantage of getting great neutral coverage with Earthquake, although I suppose Fire Blast works well alongside Hyper Voice. I guess the ability to bypass Substitutes is cool and all, but I'd honestly prefer Return overall.
Altaria can run DD + Return + Dragon Claw + Earthquake too… Very similar to Char-X.

If you'e gonna run DD then yeah Return over Hyper Voice for sure. As you said both physical and special have steel hitting options but only physical gets a boosting move right now. On the other hand Special has a wider move pool in general. From all the translations I've seen it's unclear if it will have a bigger sp.atk or atk boost. We just know it will get both. So it could very well be going mixed or have both physical and special sets that are viable.

Altaria can run DD + Return + Dragon Claw + Earthquake too… Very similar to Char-X.
since we're on this again Alteria needs 80 of it's 100 new BS in just 2 stats before it even matches Charizard X's base speed and atk (not gonna happen if it's getting sp.atk too like translations say) and even then it's lacking a tough claw boost in it's STABs and then Charizard X gets better coverage with it's STABs so it doesn't even really need EQ and can instead use Roost to stay healthy which Alteria wouldn't be doing... but I've said that like 9 times now so... idk... DD M-Alteria is just very outclassed I feel.... like it's good but if you're being competitive I think the other two Mega DD Dragons will be more damgier quicker. I guess I can see where people are coming form about it having an easier time setting up Dances though... I just really like the idea of it being a Special wall that has cool moves like Heal Bell and Perish Song. It's just so more unique.. sigh....

Last edited:
I'm really liking MegaTaria. So much potential.

"The Power of the Cloud"

Mega Altaria @ Altarite
Ability: Pixelate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard / Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Return / Hyper Voice (If you don't run DD)

Bulky offense. Boost and Roost when necessary. Machine wash cold water only.

MegaBunny's great, too. It's kinda how I envisioned a MegaMiltank: Normal/Fighting w/ Scrappy. Just, you know, more twiggy.

I think that mega salamence is going to werck the house! Its already amazing stats with a boost of 100 points more? Yes please! A bulky dragon monster is one of the things a lot of pokes need to be afraid of including char x (which has less speed from the original salamence) altaria is the primal wall of the new games i guess, it offers a great typing and a great movepool to run with it (hell bell and roost) so with a wish passer and a heatran mega altaria ( a mega evolution i wanted to come) will finely enter the OU metagame.
Mega lopuny is a great idea! Scrappy is really good for her and the new addition of high jump kick that isn't resisted by ghost type is an awesome!
I wish that Meganium will get a mega evolution with the additon of. Fairy thpe to,it will benefit him much more than whismicot and will be a great wall.

I'm really liking MegaTaria. So much potential.

"The Power of the Cloud"

Mega Altaria @ Altarite
Ability: Pixelate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard / Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Return / Hyper Voice (If you don't run DD)

Bulky offense. Boost and Roost when necessary. Machine wash cold water only.

MegaBunny's great, too. It's kinda how I envisioned a MegaMiltank: Normal/Fighting w/ Scrappy. Just, you know, more twiggy.
I'm running either a Taunt or an encore set on every one of my teams just to deal with MegaTeria. Although Pixilate Return/ Hyper Voice will still hurt a lot...

I think that mega salamence is going to werck the house! Its already amazing stats with a boost of 100 points more? Yes please! A bulky dragon monster is one of the things a lot of pokes need to be afraid of including char x (which has less speed from the original salamence) altaria is the primal wall of the new games i guess, it offers a great typing and a great movepool to run with it (hell bell and roost) so with a wish passer and a heatran mega altaria ( a mega evolution i wanted to come) will finely enter the OU metagame.
Mega lopuny is a great idea! Scrappy is really good for her and the new addition of high jump kick that isn't resisted by ghost type is an awesome!
I wish that Meganium will get a mega evolution with the additon of. Fairy thpe to,it will benefit him much more than whismicot and will be a great wall.
INB4 Troll Freak decides to "equilibrate" it's offensive stats to 125 each and makes it "defensive with defensive stats ranging from 100 to 115

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)