Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there is a possibility for Dunsparce, Farfetch''d, or another pokemon with only bad stats to get an evolution or mega evolution? I think GF had to give them something lol

Pachirisu, plusle, minum...

Do you think there is a possibility for Dunsparce, Farfetch''d, or another pokemon with only bad stats to get an evolution or mega evolution? I think GF had to give them something lol

Pachirisu, plusle, minum...
There wouldn't be much of a point because they would probably still be bad, unless they get a godly ability. I would rather have megas go to NU & UU pokemon with potential. Dragonite too...

Killua kun

Pkmn/HxH
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In any case, the release of mega altaria has made me very happy, would become the best switch-in on charizard x*y Pokemon that are respectively in S rank and a + rank, then it is likely that the balance metagame, avoiding the suspect testings on zard. However with all these new threat, aegislash would remain ou, now between fight spam with megalopunny and sceptile too, it will be difficult to play the ou metagame.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Drapion mega is a fake, you only have to look at how shoddy and jpegy the quality of the second pic is to know that.

In my opinion anyway.

I'm sorry guys, I acted too quickly and didnt consider they would be fakes because the person looked legit to me. That, and because part of the scans we've seen are missing. I apologize to everyone.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It didn't have enough changes to look like a legit mega really. I mean, they turn Salamence into a damn starship but for Drapion they just make its pincers bigger and put some shuriken on its body? I found that hard to swallow even before I found the true evidence.

It didn't have enough changes to look like a legit mega really. I mean, they turn Salamence into a damn starship but for Drapion they just make its pincers bigger and put some shuriken on its body? I found that hard to swallow even before I found the true evidence.
Kanghaskhan & Venusaur didn't have huge changes.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I exclude Kangaskhan because the whole gimmick was the baby comes out and fights too, but Venusaur is a fair point. Actually, a much better example is Charizard-Y in my opinion, haha.

Regardless, it was still fishy to me that it wouldn't be announced on Serebii along with the other Megas announced today. Additionally, looking at the Serebii scans, there isn't really a page where Drapion's corner would fit in.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Compare these images:

Figured any fellow Star Wars fans would find this amusing.

At any rate, I'm very disappointed in Mega-Lopunny. The design seems pretty terrible to me - there's no way that twig-neck could support a head that big, the ears look ridiculous, and what was the point of the ripped tights? Aside from that, there are plenty of Pokemon I deem much more deserving of a Mega than Lopunny, so I maintain it was a terrible idea all around.

Megamence looks pretty interesting, though, despite the weird-looking limbs, and Altaria is both adorable and a likely hard-counter to both Charizard forms in competitive, so I'm happy with those.

...Now gimme my Mega-Galvantula, Game Freak.

However with all these new threat, aegislash would remain ou, now between fight spam with megalopunny and sceptile too, it will be difficult to play the ou metagame.
Aegis has king shield and fighting moves are direct contact so... Even more risky considering HJK's recoil. Though I do agree we will probably see some bans being revised or what not.

At any rate, I'm very disappointed in Mega-Lopunny. The design seems pretty terrible to me - there's no way that twig-neck could support a head that big, the ears look ridiculous, and what was the point of the ripped tights? Aside from that, there are plenty of Pokemon I deem much more deserving of a Mega than Lopunny, so I maintain it was a terrible idea all around.
Yeah I find Lopunny getting a Mega somewhat disappointing in that it really could have achieved the same effect by having a normal evolution, and arguably would end up more viable being able to hold additional items. Well Lopunny has more implications in doubles than singles, it is a guaranteed free turn as it hits even ghosts as well as access to encore to help buy more free turns, so that is probably what they were aiming for.

Last edited:
Ha! MegaTaria looks so funny, I'll use it regardless of how well it really is competitively. Just look at it's cute hat! It's either an Englishman or a pirate... Or both. I laughed so hard.

Aegis has king shield and fighting moves are direct contact so... Even more risky considering HJK's recoil. Though I do agree we will probably see some bans being revised or what not.
Remember that Lopunny has Encore, so Aegislash can't use King's Shield so freely. Lopunny won't enjoy Sacred Sword, though.

I really want to see more NU/RU Pokémon getting Megas. Delcatty could be a good cleric with Fur Coat, Unaware Walrein would be a total monster, and even nimble Bug-types like Beautifly could be threatening if they get something like Simple.

One note: will Mega Altaria be eligible for Sky Battles? It is neither Flying nor Levitating.

Remember that Lopunny has Encore, so Aegislash can't use King's Shield so freely. Lopunny won't enjoy Sacred Sword, though.

I really want to see more NU/RU Pokémon getting Megas. Delcatty could be a good cleric with Fur Coat, Unaware Walrein would be a total monster, and even nimble Bug-types like Beautifly could be threatening if they get something like Simple.

One note: will Mega Altaria be eligible for Sky Battles? It is neither Flying nor Levitating.
Yes. Mega Charizard X is neither flying nor levitating, but Charizard, and Altaria are allowed so their Mega Evolutions are allowed by default.

it will be eligible for sky battles since it is still dragon/flying before it mega evolves.

Mega Altaria resists fire, grass, electric, water, dark, bug, fighting and is immune to dragon. I'd dare argue these are the most common attacking types (with the exception of ground). It's also going to be tough hitting it super effectively, although every team has a couple ice attacks. I definitely see a ddance/roost/return/earthquake set being pretty viable. Partner with Magnezone to trap and kill Skarmory and you're golden.

Yeah I find Lopunny getting a Mega somewhat disappointing in that it really could have achieved the same effect by having a normal evolution, and arguably would end up more viable being able to hold additional items.
Lopunny has a respectable 480bst(even if the spread is bad) and evolves from buenary by HAPPINESS. Mega really was the only way to go with the playbunny. If anything mons like lopunny and altaria deserve megas more than salamence/garchomp

It is not exactly reliable when if you hit KS that is still a -2 to your Atk stat and in turn leaving Lopunny as a good set up bait for anything that can capitalize on a -2 Mon. Adding to that if you happen to HJK into a KS you'd also be suffering some recoil. Lopunny just doesn't have a reliable non-contact move to capitalize against Aegis. With Encore at best I find Lopunny would be as good of a check as Diggersby is in trying to capitalize on predicted attacks, assuming you get in right. That said I wouldn't say Lopunny would be enough to bring Aegis back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)