Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not exactly reliable when if you hit KS that is still a -2 to your Atk stat and in turn leaving Lopunny as a good set up bait for anything that can capitalize on a -2 Mon. Adding to that if you happen to HJK into a KS you'd also be suffering some recoil. Lopunny just doesn't have a reliable non-contact move to capitalize against Aegis. With Encore at best I find Lopunny would be as good of a check as Diggersby is in trying to capitalize on predicted attacks, assuming you get in right. That said I wouldn't say Lopunny would be enough to bring Aegis back down.
Or be that guy that runs Thunder Wave and paralyze Aegislash because why not? Or Teeter Dance.

Or be that guy that runs Thunder Wave and paralyze Aegislash because why not? Or Teeter Dance.
Well if we are talking about reliability then can't say those are as good of an option as encore. At least encore leaves him open to blade form, assuming you switch in correctly and the opponent stays in. Otherwise, I'd just leave her on the same level as Diggersby in capitalizing on intelligent switches to check Aegis.

ORAS Thread drinking game: take a shot for every competitive discussion post before the thread's locked
Well August 12 would be the official coro release so at best if anything new is revealed by the official release that the leaks haven't covered safe to say there is still grounds to wait until then.

Well, we have Mega Lopunny and Mega Gardevoir. Now we just need Mega Jynx and the trio of Pokemon you never Google Image search will be complete with Mega Evolutions!
Confirmed for never having actually googled Jynx. Go do there's NOTHING for like the first ten rows.
but then for garde you get tf, diaper, MULTIPLE fat/macro, and yandere fetish images in the first four rows. And then one comic in spanish or something.

What we really need is mega goodra.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Confirmed for never having actually googled Jynx. Go do there's NOTHING for like the first ten rows.
but then for garde you get tf, diaper, MULTIPLE fat/macro, and yandere fetish images in the first four rows. And then one comic in spanish or something.

What we really need is mega goodra.
Since when is Goodra even remotely sex? I know it's made to look huggable, but sexy? O_o

Also 1000th post.

Hey so I mentioned this earlier but no one replied it. Pikachu is now confirmed to have Rotom-like transformations in that it's new "forms" come with specific additions to it's move set. So this makes me wonder, does anyone think it's possible that these outfits will also come with a Base Stat change and Typing alteration the same way Rotom does? TBH I kind of think they won't but I want to throw that out there because many pages ago I pointed out how it was possible Cosplay-chu could have moves like Rotom and I actually said Flying Press for Libre-chu and then most people were like "would be cool but I doubt it." So now I have this instinct to doubt my instinct to doubt that it will get stat and type changes too. lol Anyway just putting it out there 'casue, hey why not. What does everyone think?

Last edited:
Hey so I mentioned this earlier but no one replied it. Pikachu is now confirmed to have Rotom-like transformations in that it's new "forms" come with specific additions to it's move set. So this makes me wonder, does anyone think it's possible that these outfits will also come with a Base Stat change and Typing alteration the same way Rotom does? TBH I kind of think they won't but I want to throw that out there because many pages ago I pointed out how it was possible Cosplay-chu could have moves like Rotom and I actually said Flying Press for Libre-chu and then most people were like "would be cool but I doubt it." So now I have this instinct to doubt my instinct to doubt that it will get stat and type changes too. lol Anyway just putting it out there 'casue, hey why not. What does everyone think?
Poor Raichu...

I'm willing to bet the moves will be contest-exclusive, as well as the costumes themselves, but that is just a guess. If it got the type change, that would be neat. Light ball with those moves would be very nice in lower tiers.

Last edited:
Guys, Milotic is in the last quadrant of the circle!

hue
But not in it's mega form yet.... :/ I was kind of hoping the corocoro "mega scoop" was gonna be like that time we got Blazekin, Ampharos, Absol, Lucario, Mawile and crew all at one. But 3 at once is still good I guess.

Maybe Milotic and Flygon will just be some of those mega that don't get corocoro leaked before the release.

Glad that the speculation (what little there was) about MEvoing during contests turned out to be a thing. Mega Sceptile with maxed out Coolness is gonna rock. Hard.

One thing I was interested in, the outfits that Brendan and May get are direct variations of Cosplay Pikachu's Hard Rock and Idol costumes.

Will we get multiple/customizable outfits to change into for contests? will those outfits be wearable only while participating in contests, or is this a hint that they're keeping character customization to some extent? Or were Hard Rock and Idol the flashiest and most ready-to-wear looks for a trainer to bring to the stage, and is that all we're getting? Thoughts/opinions/comments/concerns?

Glad that the speculation (what little there was) about MEvoing during contests turned out to be a thing. Mega Sceptile with maxed out Coolness is gonna rock. Hard.

One thing I was interested in, the outfits that Brendan and May get are direct variations of Cosplay Pikachu's Hard Rock and Idol costumes.

Will we get multiple/customizable outfits to change into for contests? will those outfits be wearable only while participating in contests, or is this a hint that they're keeping character customization to some extent? Or were Hard Rock and Idol the flashiest and most ready-to-wear looks for a trainer to bring to the stage, and is that all we're getting? Thoughts/opinions/comments/concerns?
Ooo Yes! (when you look at these scans you notice so much stuff you forget to comment on it all but yeah they have the same outfits as Pikachu) I really hope characters can ultimately get costumes that match all of Pikachu's. Pop Idol/Belle Brendan and P.D./Libre May XD And it would be cool to use them in battles too. And hell, why wouldn't they let us? Pikachu gets to do it, and we've already been able to customize our looks for battles in XY. I just hope that in addition to these single outfits there are still huge lists of interchangeable articles as well. If you do get all 5 then perhaps the outfit you wear in contests will simply correspond to the contest you are participating in (Rocker for cool, Libre for tough, P.D. for smart etc.)

EDIT:for fans of the manga Belle Brendon (Ruby) and Rocker May (Sapphire) make more sense anyways :p

I'm also interested to see how "excitement" or "appeal" works in ORAS' contests. Since Mega Evolution gives you a boost if you time it right as excitement is at it's peak, they've got SOME system in mind similar to the original appeal mechanic (At least, judging by the screenshot, we're back to having just one judge). More confirmation would be nice, along with examples of the effects that some of the new moves have in contests...

The mechanics for gaining the appeal bonuses changed so considerably between gens 3 and 4, and if GF would talk a little more about which way the "meta" for contests is gonna go, we might all crap world peace and I could finally sleep at night

Last edited:
Just for curiosity's sake, if we wanted to competitively discuss the new megas, where should we do it? The regular forums tell us that all discussion of unreleased content should be on Orange Islands, but Orange Islands tell us all competitive discussion should be done in the main forums, leaving us unable to discuss the competitive implications of these new Pokemon on this competitive Pokemon website. Seems a bit silly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)