2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Liverpool fans know why Agger has slipped off the face of the Earth? He was first choice and then injury and then I don't know what happened but somehow Skrtel and even Toure is getting in the team ahead of him... I think he'd be a decent signing for anyone unless I'm missing something.

It was all over the papers gallade. Tony Barrett said that we made an enquiry but we were told he wants to go to Madrid. Still expect Bony to join. Just like Moreno we'll flirt with other targets and then pay the money anyway.

Also NLI, BR doesn't rate Agger, to be honest Agger wasn't very good last season he was easily skinned, and was poor at marking. He would have played instead of Toure as LCB if he was fit while that was happening, but by the time he came back Sakho returned two weeks later and Sakho is rated higher by BR. The plan was always to offload Agger this summer because he can get a good fee and he is a higher earner whilst also being second choice.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
''However, it has emerged that Bereszynski had not been registered in Legia’s squad for the second qualifying round, and so the matches did not count towards his suspension.''

Celtic advancing due to that after losing 6-1, seems fair. They'll probably be a free win the next round though so who cares.

As for the CL draw, Napoli-Athletic should be a very exciting play-off, looking forward to it. The rest of matches don't look very interesting...

Last edited:
Hopefully logic prevails in the Suarez hearing today. The number of games he is banned for might not be reduced but surely Fifa are acting beyond their jurisdiction and their ruling needs to be overturned.

Anyways I agree will DU that the Napoli vs Bilbao tie is really going to be good. Other than that I hope Ba scores against Arsenal.

Celtic get away with it every time, one team fielded an illegible player and got away with it a few years back to to having no effect on the result... so erm?

It was all over the papers gallade. Tony Barrett said that we made an enquiry but we were told he wants to go to Madrid. Still expect Bony to join. Just like Moreno we'll flirt with other targets and then pay the money anyway.

Also NLI, BR doesn't rate Agger, to be honest Agger wasn't very good last season he was easily skinned, and was poor at marking. He would have played instead of Toure as LCB if he was fit while that was happening, but by the time he came back Sakho returned two weeks later and Sakho is rated higher by BR. The plan was always to offload Agger this summer because he can get a good fee and he is a higher earner whilst also being second choice.
guess I read the wrong papers... Apparently we have made contact with PSG about cavani. Not sure which us less likely (probably falcao) but your right we'll probably just end up with bony.

if Celtic get reinstated in the champions league it is pure, complete bullshit. He was a 86th minute sub for christs sake!

as for Suarez... If he gets his ban shortened it will be proof barca have power or we just should've waited do sell him. If it happens either way I'll throw my laptop out the window. Dickhead vampire!

The Cavani agent quotes are from before the World Cup but some French paper dug them out to run it as they knew it would get lots of views, and when one story comes out, the rest of the papers report it. We won't be getting Cavani.

Personally I think Bony would be a great signing, he scored a goal every other game approximately, whilst he was playing for a relegation fighting side. BR clearly wants to keep playing a diamond so he wants have good options for each part of the diamond with the ability also to change it to a 4-3-3 with good wingers in the squad. Bony would be a good partner for Sturridge and he would also be good lone front man for Sturridge inevitable knocks and rests so I would be very happy if we signed him.

as for Suarez... If he gets his ban shortened it will be proof barca have power or we just should've waited do sell him. If it happens either way I'll throw my laptop out the window. Dickhead vampire!
Suarez was going to Barca whether or not he got banned. He took a pay cut to join them. Also Real were offering a better deal financially but pulled out once suarez said he only wanted to go to Barca.

In my opinion and many others the ban is ridiculous. I have no problem with the the length of the ban it's the parts about not being able to train with his team or not being able to go near a football stadium is just ridiculous and FIFA knows it after coming out and saying that his ban from international football will still be in place.

On another note Diego Costa:

and Oscar looked good. Really looking forward to this season.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the players that I think will make the right side of our for three his this season Andre Schurrle!

Last edited:
Suarez was going to Barca whether or not he got banned. He took a pay cut to join them. Also Real were offering a better deal financially but pulled out once suarez said he only wanted to go to Barca.

In my opinion and many others the ban is ridiculous. I have no problem with the the length of the ban it's the parts about not being able to train with his team or not being able to go near a football stadium is just ridiculous and FIFA knows it after coming out and saying that his ban from international football will still be in place.

On another note Diego Costa:

and Oscar looked good. Really looking forward to this season.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the players that I think will make the right side of our for three his this season Andre Schurrle!
I know he was but I'm saying we might have sold him for more if his ban was shorter

I agree with you and everyone else the ban is ridiculous though. He deserves a ban that long but noht being able to enter the stadium is ridiculous

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
The FA community shield should be fun although the players do tend to be casual about it. Sagna will be facing his former club not too long after he left them and joined City in search of higher wages. We might even see Lampard in a sky blue jersey :(

The 4-0 scoreline against Borussia Dortmund is definitely impressive but it's our overall play during the match that has convinced me that we're ready for the season ahead.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
The 4-0 scoreline against Borussia Dortmund is definitely impressive but it's our overall play during the match that has convinced me that we're ready for the season ahead.
#GoLiverpool Let's keep Manchester United out of Europe so that their fans are forced to pull out the "most titles" card rofl

Well the community shield actually means nothing much. Manchester United won the last one and became 7th. Btw the price man u is paying for Blind is too high , it must be like something near 6-9 million instead of 18,5

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Still, Arsenal looks very strong this season and they played well yesterday.

If Vermaelen was sold for 19 million then 18.5 for Blind doesn't look excessive.

Ridiculous prices regardless but it's been like that for some time now, gotta get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)