Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Kanto region games (Red, Blue, Firered, Leafgreen), can you fight Giovanni earlier than normal? That is to say, do you have to fight his gym last?

This game had the most sequence breaking of all of them in gym orders, but I've never tried to do like Blaine or Sabrina last instead. In theory the only plot stopper is the Team Rocket storyline...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In the Kanto region games (Red, Blue, Firered, Leafgreen), can you fight Giovanni earlier than normal? That is to say, do you have to fight his gym last?

This game had the most sequence breaking of all of them in gym orders, but I've never tried to do like Blaine or Sabrina last instead. In theory the only plot stopper is the Team Rocket storyline...
The gym only opens once you have obtained the other seven badges, so you are forced to fight Giovanni last.

Question: If I go to Japan with my American version of Pokémon Y, can I get local Japanese event Pokémon, like the Shiny Jirachi?

EDIT: And will its name be in English or Japanese, since my game's English?

Last edited:
Is there a list of places where it rains or something? I really want to evolve this godamn Sligoo and apprantly the one time I WANT rain it doesn't -_-
Edit: first town I fly to. It's raining. GODAMN IT

Is there a list of places where it rains or something? I really want to evolve this godamn Sligoo and apprantly the one time I WANT rain it doesn't -_-
Edit: first town I fly to. It's raining. GODAMN IT
Even though you already got the rain you wanted and I don't quite have a list, the on-site 6th gen. EV training guide will tell you which routes can have rain. Just look for the little rain cloud next to the route's name (or routes' names).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is it even possible to hit the giant ball of yarn at the end of hit it in pokemon amie or did they just do it to troll?
It is possible but the timing is much stricter than the smaller balls. It's worth 50 points too. If you're going for the awesome Pokepuffs, the best thing to play is the end less mode. Anything over 200 points (which should be pretty easy) gives you some of the really high ranked puffs (4/5 Hearts), and anything over 500 points gives you a shot at the Supreme Pokepuffs.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If you're going for Poké Puffs, I also recommend the tile-swap game. It's not hard to learn what pieces of the frame go where, and with the frame done, you've got a lot of the picture completed already. If memory serves me right, you get the deluxe puffs if you manage to win the Hard puzzle in less than 30 seconds. Earning 5 stars requires you to do it in less than 20, which makes the 30 second limit trivial in comparison.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
When is that convention or whatever that's supposed to have more info on ORAS?
About when will the next CoroCoro leak happen?
Any time in the next few days. I'm sure an OI mod will be online at the time, drop a PM if they haven't beaten you to it and they can throw up in the info in the thread and unlock it for discussion :)

What is the Shiny Value, and how can i find mine and an egg's?
Basically, a shiny value determines whether the pokemon will be shiny or not, if the ESV (Egg shiny Value) and TSV (Trainer Shny value). If an egg has they same shiny value as a Trainers shiny value, the egg will result in a shiny 100% of the time if hatched by that trainer. As for checking, I would ask around the wifi forum. Some people offer TSV/ESV services/ will check them for you. However, some people may only offer to check your TSV, and not any Eggs you may breed.

Basically, a shiny value determines whether the pokemon will be shiny or not, if the ESV (Egg shiny Value) and TSV (Trainer Shny value). If an egg has they same shiny value as a Trainers shiny value, the egg will result in a shiny 100% of the time if hatched by that trainer. As for checking, I would ask around the wifi forum. Some people offer TSV/ESV services/ will check them for you. However, some people may only offer to check your TSV, and not any Eggs you may breed.
Do you know anyone who would check my TSV?

What does Masuda Method use to determine if a Pokemon is foreign?
a. Is it simply language, so I'll just start (for example) a Japanese language run of Pokemon X&Y on a North American region cart and trade that to my current game?
b. Or does it require that the Pokemon be received from a Japanese region cart (even if the language is ENG)?
c. For past games, foreign language automatically means "foreign", right? (Since there's no language selection.)

What does Masuda Method use to determine if a Pokemon is foreign?
a. Is it simply language, so I'll just start (for example) a Japanese language run of Pokemon X&Y on a North American region cart and trade that to my current game?
b. Or does it require that the Pokemon be received from a Japanese region cart (even if the language is ENG)?
c. For past games, foreign language automatically means "foreign", right? (Since there's no language selection.)
a. yes
b. no
c. yes

Hopefully this answers your questions. If not, I'm sure someone else, if not myself, will clarify for you.

So I’ve got two 4 IV Scyther in Pokemon Y:

- x/31/31/x/31/31 @ everstone

- 31/31/31/x/x/31 @ destiny knot

trying to get:

-31/31/31/x/31/31

Am I doing this right? Because it’s taking forever. I already have about a box and a half of 3 or 4 IV Scyther and not a single one that has 5 IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)