The UU Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Blood WOOH !!1!1!!!!

Holy cow I ran into an offensive Liepard and a Sitrus Berry Mienshao in the 1400s o_O, such ladder.

Anyways, achieved 1500

I only have one replay :/, somethings like "someone is already saving replay" and "this server doesn't support saving replays" kept popping up idk my comp was laggin w/e

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-148653876 - The guy was winning but choked in the end and I got the game

K, the team:

Dark Horses:

Togetic: Yeah I know I'm annoying and I used NastyPass but dammit it works! I used 248 HP / 200 Def / 60+ SpD and it was great in the uu meta, Nasty Plot, Defog, and a slow Baton Pass were really good, with the ability to Roost up damage and stay alive later was also v good too. The only thing that sucked was random haxorus having poison jab, hax, and weakness to rocks :/

Yanmega: I actually was using Assault Vest Yanmega, lol, max HP some evs in SpA, 24 Spe, and rest in Def, was HELLA bulky man, it weak really weak but after giving it NP it swept teams was really fun to use and the random Flying/Fire- types rekt by Ancient Power was very amazing to see. It was a pretty good poke, It actually works great in UU w/o passing into it so if RU bans Yanmega I'm looking forward to using it

Normal Pokemons:

Shaymin: Meh I was just using max speed max spa w/ leftovers and then all out attack (e-power, s flare, psychic, gleam), it was pretty good because I was weak to electric + water so it served as it good counter/check to most water/electric types sans random signal beam jolteon on the ladder. Was good to use, I never passed to this guy tho.

Mega Ampharos: Nasty Pass + Agility? HELL YEAH, this monster swept TEAMS after TEAMs, it was literally amazing, I also came around a guy using King UU's team and wrecked it with this guy. Btw I'm running Timid approx. 200 Spe so this thing was hella fast after Agility and even w/o Nasty Pass was p good and wrecked weakened HO.

Chandelure: Pretty simple, Scarf Modest, nasty pass to this guy and sweep teams, was fun to trick scarf to umby/florgy/blissey/pory2 and was p fun vs. stall. I was gonna use SubCM since it was amazing for me last team but I needed immediate speed so yeah scarf did well

Empoleon: Lol beat a guy because this guy outsped Mega Blasty because I'm running just enough speed to outrun Suicune, and the guy was really pissed. I'm also using Agility on this guy w/ Defog and then Scald/Grass Knot combo, it was pretty useful gk surprise random swampert and 2hko-d mega blast (iirc) and generally bulky water at least after some really small chip damage

That's it! I think I might edit this post later w/ some more replays the replay I put was ass I wanted some replays sweeping w/ Yanmega / Mega amphy but w/e

Probably gonna go to 1600, gl to all of you guys :]

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Professional2341 - looks like a team i would make. such proud.

But, why are you running double defog? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to put something like Dazzling Gleam on Togetic to make use of the NP boost and not make yourself complete taunt bait? (you do a decent chunk to sableye at +2 which is always nice). idk, double defog doesn't make much sense - even though you have a fairly rocks-weak team it's a little bit overkill.

but as i said great team, looks like a ton of fun. (i especially like the np pass to agiliros)

Professional2341 - looks like a team i would make. such proud.

But, why are you running double defog? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to put something like Dazzling Gleam on Togetic to make use of the NP boost and not make yourself complete taunt bait? (you do a decent chunk to sableye at +2 which is always nice). idk, double defog doesn't make much sense - even though you have a fairly rocks-weak team it's a little bit overkill.

but as i said great team, looks like a ton of fun. (i especially like the np pass to agiliros)
Aha thanks :]

Yeah it's a bit overkill, I did switch Togetic's last move a lot but then I started to notice that late-game I can't Defog w/ Togetic since it was pretty weakened after passing once or twice, and so I added Empoleon, it covered a bit of Flying- Spam but added to my immense ground weakness, so I added balloon and kept late-game defogging to Empoleon and air balloon Empoleon is p trolling (Ask Hilarious I once beat him w/ Air Balloon Empoleon that rekt his team lol) because it gives me a free turn vs. Donphan/Hippo/Krook which all set up rocks and were annoying. It also did a decent chunk to Nidoking, enough where I could pick of the kill w/ Shadow ball.

I agree about hitting Sableye but I had to sacrifice that :/ but yeah Np pass to agiliros was p damn fun :].

Professional2341 good job! that team looks pretty annoying to face. I ran agility LO empoleon last gen and it was really good. But as it was said before you probably dont need 2 defog users.

What kind of hits could av yanmega take? That 56 sp def with86 hp looks pretty sad at first glance.

Im at about 1200 as of sunday night or so. Im hoping to get to 1500 by sunday!

252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 257-304 (68.5 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 288-338 (76.8 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Infernape Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 270-318 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 326-386 (86.9 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 220-259 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 286-337 (76.2 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Goodra Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 248-294 (66.1 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 177-208 (47.2 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 268-317 (71.4 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Yanmega: 265-315 (70.6 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The random stuff on the ladder like Flamethrower Arcanine/Infernape/Zoroark. But on a more serious note I wanted it to serve as a good check for Scarf/LO Hydreigon and Nidos

My team's been having quite a few problems so I decided to revamp it. This would be the new team.

| 96 | Dugtrio | 0.88878% |
| 111 | Braviary | 0.56530% |

| 19 | Swampert | 10.00051% |
| 44 | Shaymin | 5.81431% |
| 51 | Starmie | 4.95379% |
| 57 | Snorlax | 4.25900% |

= 26.48%

Here we go again!

Team, DH in bold..

Sceptile: .58%

Meloetta: .76%Porygon-Z: 4.48
Alomomola: 2.97%
Crobat: 13.19%
Krookodile: 7.19%
Nidoqueen: 4.69%

Total: 29.38%33.1%

new alt: Sylvester/DH3
User: sylvesterdh3
This user has not played any ladder games yet.

Switched out to Meloetta for PZ and updated total usage
I'm not feeling this team at all. Sceptile is just bad. I think it's time to make a new team...

President Shinra Alomomola is great, I have not a bad thing to say about Mega-Luvdisc. Melo was okay. I tried AV with Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice. When I used it, it tanked hits no problem But, honestly Volc is such a pain for this team. Bug Buzz demolishes Melo, even with AV and it can tear through the rest of my team pretty quickly.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AV Meloetta has some amazing calcs like not getting 2hkoes by Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse. It is slow, but has the bulk and hits like a truck off 128 Modest.

President Shinra Sage of the 6

AV melo hits hard, but Mega Stoise is bulky and is 3HKO by Hyper Voice.

252+ SpA Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 142-168 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 185-218 (39.1 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Alomomola takes the same hits thanks to its ginormous HP.

Sceptile was just so underwhelming. I tried the Unburden + 4 attacks set with a Lonely Nature. It could clean up late game sometimes, but priority really hampered things and Sceptile's bulk is so bleh. I tried the subseed set (don't even bother, it's just an annoyance to the opponent and Whimsicott does it better).

Entering a bit late this month but here we go.

| 3 | Victini | 16.09520% |
| 42 | Goodra | 6.10651% |
| 61 | Alomomola | 2.96650% |
| 66 | Aromatisse | 2.22629% |
| 67 | Gligar | 2.21114% |
| 85 | Gastrodon | 1.04919% |

Total usage: 30.66%

Fresh alt: Vanded Bictini
User: vandedbictini
This user has not played any ladder games yet.

I actually have no clue if this team will work or not but I hope I can hit 1500 with it. Gastrodon seems intriguing, a alomomola + goodra core with aroma and gligar support seems like it'd be kinda cool and I managed to fit victini onto the team somehow. Semistall is apparently all I know how to do.

Patrick1088 I can still see Volcarona being a problem for that team, as once it sets up to +1 you're done. My way of dealing with Volc as of late has been Ditto, which works even better when they switch (~1350 ladder logic)

I got to 1500 and I'm done. Here's the replay that got me to 1500... (ignore the dodrio please lol)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-151900908

Here's the breakdown of the team with dark horses in bold:

1. Alomomola: Freaking pink beast, that's all I'm going to say. Alo has to be one of the best WishPassers that don't lose momentum. It has the bulk to tank Physical Fire types and I invested in Sp Def to take minimal from Grass Knot. Definitely the MVP of this team!
2. Meloetta was a mixed bag. As per Sage of the 6 I tried AV Meloetta and it did OK. 100/128 Sp Def bulk backed with AV sounds fantastic on paper. But, that Psychic typing left it open to dark types. My problem is that even with Modest Nature and 252 atk EVs, it was only doing less than 30% to CroCune.

252+ SpA Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 93-111 (23 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

To make things worse, it couldn't tank hits very well...

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 158-188 (39.1 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 142-168 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In hindsight, I'm thinking that a CM set would've been better. It would've given the same bulk as AV, but more power which was desparately needed.

3. Nidoqueen is very, very good right now. I used her as a bulky tank/hazard layer and it did it's job very well. It is able to set up hazards multiple times within a match and beat most of the spinners with ease (Donphan, Forretress, Mega Stoise if they're not running any speed, which is usually the case).

4. and 5. Krookodile and Crobat: Now, these two spots actually changed early on to combat Volcarona Suspect Test. Originally, Krookodile was my usual scarf set and Crobat was the typical defog/roost set. Once Volc entered the picture, this had to change since Volc hits that crucial 100 base speed. At +1, my team had no hope of revenge killing or taking a hit. This is when Support Bat became Speedy Scarf Bat. HUGE HUGE HUGE boon to this team at the time. When the opponent thought they had me pinned with a +1 Volc, Scarf Bat saved the day. Now, since Bat was my RK and I had a hazard setter in Queen, I decided to turn Scarf Krook into Banded Intimidate Krook. This was a great idea too to check SD Lucario, Tini (after V-Create speed drop off course!) and to hit really hard. To show how hard this Gator hits...

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 150-177 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 300-354 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 312-367 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 297-351 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

6. Houndoom: This last minute addition did OK. I originally ran the standard NP/DB/FB/DP set. I realized very quickly that I had a huge (and I mean ginormous) weakness to CroCune. It's bulk is insane and the original DH in this spot was my CroCune check (Sceptile). After some pondering, i decided to try a different set. I may get a beating for this, but I chose SunnyBeam Mega Doom. That's right! Hear me out before you judge. There are some pretty significant calcs you need to see before judging...

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Houndoom in Sun: 84-102 (28.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Solar Power damage

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Even at +1, Mega Doom's SB was doing on average 65% to CroCune, which puts it into easy KO range of CB Krookodile. I could've gone the HP grass + NP, but even then, it wasn't doing that much damage to CroCune.

+2 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Some other interesting calcs...

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape in Sun: 281-331 (95.9 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Sun: 256-302 (64.9 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges in Sun: 226-267 (62.7 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 328-387 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Here are some replays of the team. This Manaphy test is killing me right now though and is the main reason I'm stopping. Normally, SunnyBeam works easily on CroCune and Slowbro since Doom outspeeds them both in base form. This is not the case with Manaphy at that base 100 speed. Enjoy the replays though!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-151876068
Alomomola doing the Alomomola thing....

One of the toughest battles against a good team. I was predicting the Tini U-Turn and CB Pursuit, but CB V-Creates decimates Krook. It was looking pretty bleak losing my wallbreaker. But, I stayed in and had some really key moments. Alo and AV Melo were taking hits like a champ and predicted really good on Turn 9. Little bit of hax on turn 16 with a missed DM. At turn 24, I finally reveal Sunny Day on Doom and the DP decimates Mega Aero (if only I had chosen SR over T spikes that turn oh well!). The constant pressure of T Spikes and Mega Doom allowed me to really come back in this game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-151884544
This match was against a pretty balanced team. Mega Absol + Speed Boost Yanmega were the key threats here. Mega Absol would stop hazards from my field and Yanmega could tear through the team very quickly. I knew that I had to get SR up right away, but Mega Absol transforming early on complicated things. I had some good plays with Nidoqueen and she was the MVP of this match. The key turn in this match was turn 12. Nidoqueen vs. Florges. On the first run, I laid down T spikes. Predicting either the second spikes or SR, he sends out Mega Absol. You never make the same move twice, so Sludge Wave it was! That move was really key.

This was a more offensive-based opponent with a really solid core of Swampy/Florges/Mew. I lead with Queen and let AV Melo take the EP. Key prediction right from Turn 2. Opponent expected the Psychic/Psyshock to only get a Dazzling Gleam in Hydre's face! CB Krook cleaned up most of the team pretty quickly. Once it came down to Alomomola/Mega Doom and Florges/Entei, I was a little nervous. If Florges was running Toxic, this game was done. Luckily it wasn't, which secured the game for me very easily.

Until next month fellow Dark Hessians!

Sage

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got to 1500 and I'm done. Here's the replay that got me to 1500... (ignore the dodrio please lol)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-151900908

Here's the breakdown of the team with dark horses in bold:

1. Alomomola: Freaking pink beast, that's all I'm going to say. Alo has to be one of the best WishPassers that don't lose momentum. It has the bulk to tank Physical Fire types and I invested in Sp Def to take minimal from Grass Knot. Definitely the MVP of this team!
2. Meloetta was a mixed bag. As per Sage of the 6 I tried AV Meloetta and it did OK. 100/128 Sp Def bulk backed with AV sounds fantastic on paper. But, that Psychic typing left it open to dark types. My problem is that even with Modest Nature and 252 atk EVs, it was only doing less than 30% to CroCune.

252+ SpA Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 93-111 (23 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

To make things worse, it couldn't tank hits very well...

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Meloetta: 158-188 (39.1 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In hindsight, I'm thinking that a CM set would've been better. It would've given the same bulk as AV, but more power which was desparately needed.

3. Nidoqueen is very, very good right now. I used her as a bulky tank/hazard layer and it did it's job very well. It is able to set up hazards multiple times within a match and beat most of the spinners with ease (Donphan, Forretress, Mega Stoise if they're not running any speed, which is usually the case).

4. and 5. Krookodile and Crobat: Now, these two spots actually changed early on to combat Volcarona Suspect Test. Originally, Krookodile was my usual scarf set and Crobat was the typical defog/roost set. Once Volc entered the picture, this had to change since Volc hits that crucial 100 base speed. At +1, my team had no hope of revenge killing or taking a hit. This is when Support Bat became Speedy Scarf Bat. HUGE HUGE HUGE boon to this team at the time. When the opponent thought they had me pinned with a +1 Volc, Scarf Bat saved the day. Now, since Bat was my RK and I had a hazard setter in Queen, I decided to turn Scarf Krook into Banded Intimidate Krook. This was a great idea too to check SD Lucario, Tini (after V-Create speed drop off course!) and to hit really hard. To show how hard this Gator hits...

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 150-177 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 300-354 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 312-367 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 297-351 (73.1 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

6. Houndoom: This last minute addition did OK. I originally ran the standard NP/DB/FB/DP set. I realized very quickly that I had a huge (and I mean ginormous) weakness to CroCune. It's bulk is insane and the original DH in this spot was my CroCune check (Sceptile). After some pondering, i decided to try a different set. I may get a beating for this, but I chose SunnyBeam Mega Doom. That's right! Hear me out before you judge. There are some pretty significant calcs you need to see before judging...

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Houndoom in Sun: 84-102 (28.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Solar Power damage

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Even at +1, Mega Doom's SB was doing on average 65% to CroCune, which puts it into easy KO range of CB Krookodile. I could've gone the HP grass + NP, but even then, it wasn't doing that much damage to CroCune.

+2 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Some other interesting calcs...

252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape in Sun: 281-331 (95.9 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro in Sun: 256-302 (64.9 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges in Sun: 226-267 (62.7 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 328-387 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Here are some replays of the team. This Manaphy test is killing me right now though and is the main reason I'm stopping. Normally, SunnyBeam works easily on CroCune and Slowbro since Doom outspeeds them both in base form. This is not the case with Manaphy at that base 100 speed. Enjoy the replays though!

Alomomola doing the Alomomola thing....

One of the toughest battles against a good team. I was predicting the Tini U-Turn and CB Pursuit, but CB V-Creates decimates Krook. It was looking pretty bleak losing my wallbreaker. But, I stayed in and had some really key moments. Alo and AV Melo were taking hits like a champ and predicted really good on Turn 9. Little bit of hax on turn 16 with a missed DM. At turn 24, I finally reveal Sunny Day on Doom and the DP decimates Mega Aero (if only I had chosen SR over T spikes that turn oh well!). The constant pressure of T Spikes and Mega Doom allowed me to really come back in this game.

This match was against a pretty balanced team. Mega Absol + Speed Boost Yanmega were the key threats here. Mega Absol would stop hazards from my field and Yanmega could tear through the team very quickly. I knew that I had to get SR up right away, but Mega Absol transforming early on complicated things. I had some good plays with Nidoqueen and she was the MVP of this match. The key turn in this match was turn 12. Nidoqueen vs. Florges. On the first run, I laid down T spikes. Predicting either the second spikes or SR, he sends out Mega Absol. You never make the same move twice, so Sludge Wave it was! That move was really key.

This was a more offensive-based opponent with a really solid core of Swampy/Florges/Mew. I lead with Queen and let AV Melo take the EP. Key prediction right from Turn 2. Opponent expected the Psychic/Psyshock to only get a Dazzling Gleam in Hydre's face! CB Krook cleaned up most of the team pretty quickly. Once it came down to Alomomola/Mega Doom and Florges/Entei, I was a little nervous. If Florges was running Toxic, this game was done. Luckily it wasn't, which secured the game for me very easily.

Until next month fellow Dark Hessians!

Hey Patrick glad you to 1500. Psychic I used Psychic Thunderbolt Hyper Voice Focus Blast on my Meloetta, maybe that would help. T Bolt 2hkos megatoise. Focus blast hits Steels, and Shadow Ball is kinda redundant with Normal Psychic so you have the free moveslot. I can see how you would have problems with Manaphy though.

EDIT: Watches a replay, Cross Poison is useless on Crobat. More Steel Weak, it's moveslot is only a 30 BP increase against Fairies. Run Roost, Defog, or Sleep Talk instead. And cool Sunnybeam Mega Doom.

Sage of the 6 TBolt is a cool suggestion and makes more sense for Mega Stoise. Blissey is everywhere and Psyshock did almost 40% to 252/252+. I'll keep that in mind if I do Melo again.

Cross Poison is very useless you're right lol I saw scarf bat on the Metagame Trends thread and it helped with the Volc problem immensely. Now, that Volc is gone, standard bat is probably better atm, unless I need to check Scarf Shao and Hera, but Queen does a pretty good job of that.

I only spammed Cross Poison maybe once when it was down to a non-attacking Blissey...

Thanks! SunnyBeam + Solar Power is cool, but HP goes down quick and a wish passer and no hazards is almost mandatory.

Sage

Sage of the 6 TBolt is a cool suggestion and makes more sense for Mega Stoise. Blissey is everywhere and Psyshock did almost 40% to 252/252+. I'll keep that in mind if I do Melo again.

Cross Poison is very useless you're right lol I saw scarf bat on the Metagame Trends thread and it helped with the Volc problem immensely. Now, that Volc is gone, standard bat is probably better atm, unless I need to check Scarf Shao and Hera, but Queen does a pretty good job of that.

I only spammed Cross Poison maybe once when it was down to a non-attacking Blissey...

Thanks! SunnyBeam + Solar Power is cool, but HP goes down quick and a wish passer and no hazards is almost mandatory.
Scarfbat gets suprise kills on scarf hera and shao which is awesome, although without volc its a bit less useful. Still revenges like 3/4 of the tier under 60% health since it can run adamant freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)